Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:45:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: https://bitdaytrade.com Bitcoin Gold & Commodities margin trading  (Read 19474 times)
bitdaytrade (OP)

Activity: 287
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 03:24:21 PM
Last edit: June 28, 2012, 09:17:02 PM by bitdaytrade

Can you guys post any more information on this "bug" that made you undue my position and take away my gains?

will this happen every time I am up?

The bug has been fixed and we ensure you this will not happen again in the future, you have been credited 1 btc to cover your losses.  We do apologize for any additional inconvenience this might cause to you.

Gold is now way down... I have no idea why you needed to take away my short position. Please explain.

There was a serious bug in the transaction engine, it's not related to the gold price whatsoever. On a side note your withdrawal has been processed.  
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 03:39:00 PM

So, You canceled my trades and took my gains... Now I can't get back my bitcoin... What do I need to do to get my funds out?
Was about to throw some coins in when I saw this. What is the situation exactly?  Huh
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 03:45:17 PM

So, You canceled my trades and took my gains... Now I can't get back my bitcoin... What do I need to do to get my funds out?
Was about to throw some coins in when I saw this. What is the situation exactly?  Huh

Dear Customer,

We regret to inform you that all positions open and closed have been liquidated due to a bug foud in our system. Please note that any profits as well as losses you have substained have been reset. Said bug has been fixed and this situation will not present again in the future. We do apologize for any inconvenience this might cause to you.

Thank you very much

Bitdaytrade Team

And you incurred a profit from your positions, am I correct? Seems shady if you just lost your gains from your positions due to this 'bug'.
SkRRJyTC
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 04:07:58 PM

My understanding is my gains were void...

Mine too (not that they were more than a cent or two).  However, I re opened the same very small short position this morning, and liquidated for profit this afternoon.

I am still experiencing issues trying to go long.  It seems like I am given the long position for a fraction of a second... then the position is automatically closed... and I suffer loss due to the spread.
bitdaytrade (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 04:49:14 PM

Can you guys post any more information on this "bug" that made you undue my position and take away my gains?

will this happen every time I am up?

The bug has been fixed and we ensure you this will not happen again in the future, you have been credited 1 btc to cover your losses.  We do apologize for any additional inconvenience this might cause to you.

Gold is now way down... I have no idea why you needed to take away my short position. Please explain.

There was a serious bug in the transaction engine, it's not related to the gold price whatsoever. On a side note your withdrawal should have processed. 

It was and I won't be back until I understand why you needed to cancel all of my positions. The whole point of having a short is knowing that I am shorting gold. If you just randomly mess with this then what is the point in using your service? I might as well just sell gold....

We are not going to "randomly" mess with your positions, we do strongly apologize for the issue. Any hint at what price and volume did your open your short to? we might be able to recover it
bitdaytrade (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 04:52:08 PM

Mine too (not that they were more than a cent or two).  However, I re opened the same very small short position this morning, and liquidated for profit this afternoon.

I am still experiencing issues trying to go long.  It seems like I am given the long position for a fraction of a second... then the position is automatically closed... and I suffer loss due to the spread.

Please send your email address via PM or email us a note so we can investigate your account. Thank you.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2012, 07:35:00 PM

email sent.

This seems to be a common issue, did it for me as well. I sincerely hope this doesn't turn out to be the next big scam in the BTC community Sad
bitdaytrade (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 09:04:23 PM

email sent.

This seems to be a common issue, did it for me as well. I sincerely hope this doesn't turn out to be the next big scam in the BTC community Sad

All issues solved now, due to a technical glitch we had an unusable order book and had to reset it. Trade with confidence, positions won't be reverted any more. We do apologize for the problems caused.
SkRRJyTC
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 09:09:26 PM

I had PM and email contact with bitdaytrade to fix the issue I was having.  I can confirm that the issue I was having with going long is now fixed.  I was also credited 1 BTC, while my losses were less than .01 BTC.

Thanks
bitdaytrade (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 09:19:08 PM

I had PM and email contact with bitdaytrade to fix the issue I was having.  I can confirm that the issue I was having with going long is now fixed.  I was also credited 1 BTC, while my losses were less than .01 BTC.

Thanks

Thank you for your cooperation on fixing this bug.
ChrisKoss

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2012, 07:02:56 AM

Cool site! seems like it's still a bit buggy, though.

So, I have an open position - I'm long for 0.06.  I have a limit sell for 0.01, but I cannot make another limit sell for 0.05, telling me to "reduce contract size or add more funds".  

My position has me up ~$0.90.  I should definitely be able to close a profitable position.  

My guess is that you are calculating the cost of opening a position without taking into account the fact that short and long positions cancel each other out.  Whenever you have an open position, you should be able to close that position regardless of the amount of funds in the account.  If there are not enough funds in the account to close the position, you should have already force liquidated them.

I am a consultant providing services to CoinLab, Inc.
bitdaytrade (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 09:12:46 AM
Last edit: June 29, 2012, 10:08:48 AM by bitdaytrade

Cool site! seems like it's still a bit buggy, though.

So, I have an open position - I'm long for 0.06.  I have a limit sell for 0.01, but I cannot make another limit sell for 0.05, telling me to "reduce contract size or add more funds".  

My position has me up ~$0.90.  I should definitely be able to close a profitable position.  

My guess is that you are calculating the cost of opening a position without taking into account the fact that short and long positions cancel each other out.  Whenever you have an open position, you should be able to close that position regardless of the amount of funds in the account.  If there are not enough funds in the account to close the position, you should have already force liquidated them.

Hi, thank you, the issue is being investigated as we speak.

UPDATE : We currently do allow customers to hedge their positions, hence, our platform will not behave the way you describe. Short and long positions will not cancel each other. Regardless of this,the issue you described, not being able to close a profitable position, couldn't not be simulated.
bitdaytrade (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 10:17:41 AM

I still do not understand why you had to take away my position. Fine reset the order book if there was some problem, but place the positions back after you fix it. This is a very bad precedence.

We apologizes for the issue and offer you to recover the short position for 1 Contract @ 1590 USD. Thank  you
bitdaytrade (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 10:40:41 AM

Added Instant deposit via Mtgox bitcoin coupon codes. You can now catch trading opportunities even faster. Thank you!
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 12:26:33 PM

I still do not understand why you had to take away my position. Fine reset the order book if there was some problem, but place the positions back after you fix it. This is a very bad precedence.

Not just your very important positions have been wiped out, but everyones... by a bug in the engine that screwed up the positions.

Maybe it's best to consider this beta software and just accept the fact there may still be bugs.

I think they should plaster "BETA" over the site, then goat wouldn't have expectations of everything working cleanly in the first place.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
bitdaytrade (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 03:17:47 PM

Not just your very important positions have been wiped out, but everyones... by a bug in the engine that screwed up the positions.

Maybe it's best to consider this beta software and just accept the fact there may still be bugs.

I think they should plaster "BETA" over the site, then goat wouldn't have expectations of everything working cleanly in the first place.

I wanted a better explanation than "bug".  There being no back ups is a very bad sign in my opinion. If there were back ups why not just put the positions back and give us our gains (or losses)?

I am looking for ethical responsibility here not a perfectly working site...

It would have been pointless to backup flawed data, as said, it was necessary to delete all positions. We have a backup of every single byte in place. The site is still in beta and that will be made clear thru logo and branding. Apologizes again for the past issues.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 03:24:37 PM

I wanted a better explanation than "bug".  There being no back ups is a very bad sign in my opinion. If there were back ups why not just put the positions back and give us our gains (or losses)?

You got a point indeed. They might not yet have backup in place? If that's the case... one more reason to plaster "BETA" somewhere on the page and explain to not use huge sums of money just yet.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 03:26:45 PM

It would have been pointless to backup flawed data, as said, it was necessary to delete all positions. We have a backup of every single byte in place. The site is still in beta and that will be made clear thru logo and branding. Apologizes again for the past issues.

How did the data get flawed? Did you not have older backups with unflawed data?

I don't see "beta" anywhere in the log or on the front page.

bitdaytrade (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 03:28:42 PM

You were unable to deal with your position but you knew what they were? Why did you need to take our money? I still do not understand...

until you can explain this I will not be able to trust you. For all I know you bet wrong and did not cover. How do we know you wont do this every time you bet the wrong way?

If you keep doing this you will get the scammers tag...

Scammer tag ? We are not taking anyone's money and you are free to leave the site if you don't feel safe with it. We have offered you to recover your position. Thank you very much for your time so far.
bitdaytrade (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 03:31:22 PM

How did the data get flawed? Did you not have older backups with unflawed data?

I don't see "beta" anywhere in the log or on the front page.

We're adding the beta disclosure to the site now. The positions table was corrupted entirely because of wrong volume figures, impossible to recover, hence we took decision to reset. This won't happen again as we have fixed a bug that was previously unknow.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: