Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:53:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL refused to issue refund because it was paid with bitcoin (via Bitpay)  (Read 4892 times)
bitcoindaddy (OP)

Activity: 481
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 02:49:40 PM

My brother ordered 5 BFL singles with Paypal and 5 singles with bitcoin using Bitpay. He tried to cancel both orders.

BFL refunded the Paypal one, but refused to refund the Bitpay one saying it was non-refundable because it was paid with bitcoins.  WTF?  Angry
They missed their delivery guarantee by a lot. Can't they just issue a check? They could do Paypal too.

I also noticed they quietly removed the delivery guarantee from their website. Didn't it used to be on the right side of the order form?
Are they pretending it never existed?
Does anyone have a screenshot they can send me showing the guarantee for the inevitable lawsuit?
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JWU42
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 02:52:47 PM

A few others had mentioned BFL not refunding for BTC purchases.  Caveat Emptor and all...

Would be pro-active of BFL if they more clearly noted that BTC transactions are non-refundable...

stevegee58
Legendary

Activity: 916
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 02:57:23 PM

That's the thing with BTC: no charge-backs.

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 02:58:59 PM

A few others had mentioned BFL not refunding for BTC purchases.  Caveat Emptor and all...

Would be pro-active of BFL if they more clearly noted that BTC transactions are non-refundable...

I ran into the same thing. I bought at $5.2, and then the price went to $6.5. However, after I couldn't refund, I told them I wanted to transfer my order of 1 single to 4 Jalapenos, and Jody said that when my Single was ready to ship, she would contact me again with further transfer options. I really don't know what that means, but we'll go with it haha. I just want my ASICs before anyone else. Tongue

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I heart thebaron

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 03:00:54 PM

My brother ordered 5 BFL singles with Paypal and 5 singles with bitcoin using Bitpay. He tried to cancel both orders.

BFL refunded the Paypal one, but refused to refund the Bitpay one saying it was non-refundable because it was paid with bitcoins.  WTF?  Angry
They missed their delivery guarantee by a lot. Can't they just issue a check? They could do Paypal too.

I also noticed they quietly removed the delivery guarantee from their website. Didn't it used to be on the right side of the order form?
Are they pretending it never existed?
Does anyone have a screenshot they can send me showing the guarantee for the inevitable lawsuit?

If you don't mind sharing, WHEN were your orders placed ? What was the Order Confirmation date for both orders ?

bitcoindaddy (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 03:02:36 PM

If you don't mind sharing, WHEN were your orders placed ? What was the Order Confirmation date for both orders ?

April 17.
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 03:02:56 PM

That's the thing with BTC: no charge-backs.
Refund =/= chargeback. However, a refund would net you the USD equivalent, so you wouldn't have as many coins, even if they were able to refund them.

Which brings up a question: what does Bit-Pay offer to a merchant in terms of USD or BTC refunds? If it simply isn't an option, it should probably be added.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
bitcoindaddy (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 03:03:38 PM

Then why the f*ck do they have a guarantee? And where was it stated on their webpage or the order form that there is no cancellation if you pay with bitcoin?
norulezapply

Merit: 502

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 03:05:43 PM

Then why the f*ck do they have a guarantee? And where was it stated on their webpage or the order form that there is no cancellation if you pay with bitcoin?

You probably have good grounds to take them to court on it atleast if they insist that they will not give you a refund otherwise.
bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 03:07:49 PM

April 17.

THAT'S BULLSHIT !

I can't believe how they treat their customers....and how many customers put up with it.
BFL should be held accountable for some sort of compensation after 8 weeks. This is just ridiculous.

They 'press release' says they are a market leader..blah..blah..blah.
MORE LIKE A FUCKING MARKET JOKE.
Venture Capitol ? YOU are the Venture Capitalist, by allowing them to hold your money for 3 months at times without delivering what they promise to in 1-1.5 months.

Everyone should use Credit Card ONLY and CANCEL THE TRANSACTIONS if product is not received at the 8 week point.
THAT will teach them.

Unfortunately, they have ben lucky, using Bit-Pay and BTC funded of orders, so they have NO OBLIGATION to be speedy, as there is NOTHING you can do about it once paid.

They have ZERO INCENTIVE to maintain reasonable delivery times.

rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 03:08:45 PM

For fuck's sake bitlane, calm the fuck down.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
ice_chill

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 03:08:50 PM

How will you prove you sent them Bitcoins if the wallet is anonymous.
ice_chill

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 03:10:18 PM

April 17.

THAT'S BULLSHIT !

I can't believe how they treat their customers....and how many customers put up with it.
BFL should be held accountable for some sort of compensation after 8 weeks. This is just ridiculous.

They 'press release' says they are a market leader..blah..blah..blah.
MORE LIKE A FUCKING MARKET JOKE.
Venture Capitol ? YOU are the Venture Capitalist, by allowing them to hold your money for 3 months at times without delivering what they promise to in 1-1.5 months.

Everyone should use Credit Card ONLY and CANCEL THE TRANSACTIONS if product is not received at the 8 week point.
THAT will teach them.

Unfortunately, they have ben lucky, using Bit-Pay and BTC funded of orders, so they have NO OBLIGATION to be speedy, as there is NOTHING you can do about it once paid.

They have ZERO INCENTIVE to maintain reasonable delivery times.

Stick your stinky sock in your mouth, I will decide myself how I pay and if I cancel or not.
bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 03:10:21 PM

For fuck's sake bitlane, calm the fuck down.
I'm passionate...lol
You know, kinda like you are about begging for donations in your forum sig ?

I care too much  Roll Eyes

bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 03:11:35 PM

Stick your stinky sock in your mouth, I will decide myself how I pay and if I cancel or not.

As I told you before....
I can't take anyone seriously, who begs for BTC in their forum sig like a bottom-feeder.
Get a fuckin' job.

rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 03:13:19 PM

Right, like I'm the only one. Roll Eyes
At least I have a few in there, unlike most.

WhitePhantom

Activity: 348

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 03:14:47 PM

I suppose I'd expect them not to refund bitcoins when they have a different value than at the time when they were paid.  However, I'm kind of surprised that they won't give a refund of the cash value the bitcoins had when you paid.

If your spot in line is over 6 weeks ago, I'll be glad to take it off your hands for the fair value of the refund, 599 x 5 + 33 = $3,028.  If we can't switch the address on the order to mine, I'll pay for your additional shipping cost.

If you were simply wanting the refund because BTC went up in value, I apologize for butting in on your thread.
bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 03:15:52 PM

Right, like I'm the only one. Roll Eyes
At least I have a few in there, unlike most.

Don't worry. That's just my OCD acting up.
After I tell you to fuck off a few times, be-little you a bit...then take my meds and apologize, we will all be friends again  Roll Eyes

BitPay Business Solutions

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2012, 03:25:17 PM

I suppose I'd expect them not to refund bitcoins when they have a different value than at the time when they were paid.  However, I'm kind of surprised that they won't give a refund of the cash value the bitcoins had when you paid.

If your spot in line is over 6 weeks ago, I'll be glad to take it off your hands for the fair value of the refund, 599 x 5 + 33 = $3,028.  If we can't switch the address on the order to mine, I'll pay for your additional shipping cost.

If you were simply wanting the refund because BTC went up in value, I apologize for butting in on your thread.

We have processed refunds only if the merchant agrees.  And the refund is NOT the amount of bitcoins you initially paid.  It is the dollar equivalent. 

So if you paid 200 bitcoins for something when they were worth $5, and we sent that $1000 along to the merchant, you will not get a refund worth $1330 today for your 200 bitcoins.  You would get however many bitcoins are equal to the $1000 USD value you paid.

Again we do this only at the discretion of the merchant.  My recommendation is to sell your space in line, or roll that into an upgrade.

BitPay : The World Leader in Bitcoin Business Solutions

https://bitpay.com

Does your website accept bitcoins?
Explodicle

Activity: 950
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 03:26:59 PM

How will you prove you sent them Bitcoins if the wallet is anonymous.

It's not anonymous. You can sign a message to prove you own the wallet, and from there people can check the transaction history.

Since this particular spend was done using Bitpay, THEY would have to sign the message.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: