Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:39:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL refused to issue refund because it was paid with bitcoin (via Bitpay)  (Read 4892 times)
bitcoindaddy (OP)

Activity: 481
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 03:28:38 PM

We have processed refunds only if the merchant agrees.  And the refund is NOT the amount of bitcoins you initially paid.  It is the dollar equivalent. 

Yes, that's clear. But I wonder if BFL understands they could issue the refund in dollars or by some other method. Since they won't return my phone calls and won't reply to email, I'll probably never know.
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BFL

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2012, 03:35:43 PM

Just to clarify, the refund policy applies to all payment methods.  Our CS clerk is only familiar with how to do this with PayPal as it's a simple click.  BTC, Bank wire & Dwolla require calculating the cost of transaction and subtracting that amount from the sum sent.  Our CSR has *NOT* refused anyone a refund, she only said she'd have to ask how to do it.

So, once again...  if you're looking for a refund, you can get one no matter the method of payment.

Butterfly Labs  -  www.butterflylabs.com  -  Bitcoin Mining Hardware
JWU42
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 03:38:10 PM

Thanks for clarifying BFL!

Best place for this is detailed on the website  Grin

bitcoindaddy (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 03:38:21 PM

Just to clarify, the refund policy applies to all payment methods.  Our CS clerk is only familiar with how to do this with PayPal as it's a simple click.  BTC, Bank wire & Dwolla require calculating the cost of transaction and subtracting that amount from the sum sent.  Our CSR has *NOT* refused anyone a refund, she only said she'd have to ask how to do it.

So, once again...  if you are looking for a refund, you can get one no matter the method of payment.

Glad to hear that she was misinformed. However, she never said she was looking into it. This is the only communication my brother received:

Code:
"I have refunded your PayPal order for 5 singles. The Bit-Pay order, however, is not refundable. --Jody"
BFL

Activity: 217

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2012, 03:40:03 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2012, 03:51:02 PM by BFL

Just to clarify, the refund policy applies to all payment methods.  Our CS clerk is only familiar with how to do this with PayPal as it's a simple click.  BTC, Bank wire & Dwolla require calculating the cost of transaction and subtracting that amount from the sum sent.  Our CSR has *NOT* refused anyone a refund, she only said she'd have to ask how to do it.

So, once again...  if you are looking for a refund, you can get one no matter the method of payment.

Glad to hear that she was misinformed. However, she never said she was looking into it. This is the only communication my brother received:

Code:
"I have refunded your PayPal order for 5 singles. The Bit-Pay order, however, is not refundable. --Jody"

I understand the confusion, she didn't explain herself well.  No worries, we'll get you taken care of.

Butterfly Labs  -  www.butterflylabs.com  -  Bitcoin Mining Hardware
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 07:28:49 PM

Oh, good. You won't have be sued by the FTC for $16,000/order after all.

Anyone who isn't able to get a refund, please contact the FTC.

rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 07:39:58 PM

Change thread title to indicate resolved status?

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
bitcoindaddy (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 07:45:31 PM

Change thread title to indicate resolved status?

No refund has been made. I'll change it when it is really resolved.
||bit

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 08:01:31 PM

So, once again...  if you are looking for a refund, you can get one no matter the method of payment.

Code:

I understand the confusion, she didn't explain herself well.  No worries, we'll get you taken care of.

It did not appear to be a matter of not explaining well. Because I got the same clear message regarding bank wire:
Orders made through PayPal can be refunded. Bankwire is not a method of payment we are refunding.

That is not the same as telling me that the staff needed to ask how to do it. And it does not appear to be Jody's fault. The problem seems to be training of personnel on policy & procedures. Also, a possible issue with being understaffed.

For what it's worth, I decided to hold off on asking further for a refund and to give BFL a second chance to deliver the products (soon).
But my patience is very limited.

Who wants to receive a miner and be financially forced to ship it back as soon as receipt just to pay for an upgrade? Think about that.

||bit
Aseras

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 08:19:14 PM

well you could always file a small claims against them for the original purchase price in bitcoins + fees and make the come cross country to defend themselves.
yxt
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 08:24:53 PM

the cs from a market leader is unable to refund a bank wire because it takes more than a few clicks!

WTF! muhaha!
“Butterfly Labs has always considered itself a serious manufacturer in the SHA-256 hardware...

muhahahha!

BTCKano Pool██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██
██
██
██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
RaggedMonk

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 09:33:20 PM

Code:

"She didn't explain herself well" is false.  Jody lied to your customers. Either that or BFL is doing business in violation of a number of laws concerning failure to deliver a product within the time frame advertised (in most states, you MUST offer a refund if delayed past advertised delivery time, and BFL, not customers, would also be liable for fees in this case).  

Which is it?

PS: Where is Butterfly Labs incorporated?
||bit

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 10:17:27 PM

"She didn't explain herself well" is false.  Jody lied to your customers. Either that or BFL is doing business in violation of a number of laws concerning failure to deliver a product within the time frame advertised (in most states, you MUST offer a refund if delayed past advertised delivery time, and BFL, not customers, would also be liable for fees in this case).  

Which is it?

PS: Where is Butterfly Labs incorporated?

I don't think saying Jody lied is something that can be concluded. Let's not risk defaming anyone like that. It seems more likely that they just didn't train the staff on their refund policy and/or establish simple refund process. Which is concerning about the company, since it seems like a simple no brainer thing to set up a simple refund process. Just get an accountant to set up a simple web based check mailing service. I do it with my payments and it works great. But there might be some kind of 'businessy' reason to make it more complicated... I don't know.

BTW: BFL is in Kansas City Missouri. Check the website for the address.

||bit
cablepair

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2012, 11:03:30 PM

Just another PERFECT EXAMPLE of the regard BFL has for the Bitcoin currency / community in general!

They manufacture Bitcoin mining devices and make their living from this currency yet they regard PAYPAL! of all things a more stable and reliable form of currency that they are happy to refund Paypal but will not refund the very same currency they make their bread and butter from.

Or is it the fact that PayPal can REVERSE THE CHARGE and MAKE THEM PAY

and with Bitcoin THEY KNOW THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH RIPPING YOU OFF! (irreversible)

Either case it makes me sick that so many of us are entrusting the future of the Bitcoin network with these people.
AzN1337c0d3r

Activity: 238

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 11:19:29 PM

and with Bitcoin THEY KNOW THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH RIPPING YOU OFF! (irreversible)

Did you read the thread?

Seems like a CS misunderstanding. Which is a bit concerning considering how much money BFL has received. But there's no malicious intent here.

P_Shep
Legendary

Activity: 1795
Merit: 1198

This is not OK.

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 11:46:23 PM

Just another PERFECT EXAMPLE of the regard BFL has for the Bitcoin currency / community in general!

They manufacture Bitcoin mining devices and make their living from this currency yet they regard PAYPAL! of all things a more stable and reliable form of currency that they are happy to refund Paypal but will not refund the very same currency they make their bread and butter from.

Either case it makes me sick that so many of us are entrusting the future of the Bitcoin network with these people.

This trolling calls for creating a new thread and sticking it at the top of the forum, doesn't it?
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 12:29:04 AM

This trolling calls for creating a new thread and sticking it at the top of the forum, doesn't it?
From the competition, no less!

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
finkleshnorts

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 12:45:51 AM

Hmm... I wonder if bulanula is associated with this company....
seriouscoin

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 12:58:53 AM

Hmm... I wonder if bulanula is associated with this company....

I know its just a joke, but you're giving him too much credit.

He would be lucky to be associated with ANY company.

I'm 100% sure hes just a kid still asking for allowance. Poor kid probably doesnt have much attention and must rely on forums to live day by day mentally.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 05:13:33 AM

+1  Tongue

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: