Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:46:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Please test: Bitcoin v0.3.22 release candidate  (Read 15852 times)
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
May 23, 2011, 08:56:23 PM

Code:
$ ./bitcoin
./bitcoin: symbol lookup error: ./bitcoin: undefined symbol: gtk_widget_get_realized

Fedora 12

You'll have to build your own Fedora binaries.  bitcoin is built on a recent Ubuntu.

(this is one reason why I'm pushing to remove Linux binaries from our distribution entirely, leaving it up to packagers for each OS)

Ah, don't you mean I'll have to uninstall the repository OpenSLL package, download OpenSLL tar ball and rebuild OpenSSL with ECDSA and EC support and then I can build my own bitcoin binaries on Fedora?

Any dependencies to watch out for when putting my home-built OpenSLL into Fedora that you know of?

Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
xf2_org (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 23, 2011, 09:23:07 PM

Ah, don't you mean I'll have to uninstall the repository OpenSLL package, download OpenSLL tar ball and rebuild OpenSSL with ECDSA and EC support and then I can build my own bitcoin binaries on Fedora?

Any dependencies to watch out for when putting my home-built OpenSLL into Fedora that you know of?

You don't have to uninstall any packages.  Just install bitcoin-custom openssl into /usr/local/openssl or somesuch.

marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
May 23, 2011, 11:09:20 PM

You don't have to uninstall any packages.  Just install bitcoin-custom openssl into /usr/local/openssl or somesuch.

and what is the best way to redirect the linker away from the system openssl install to the bitcoin-custom openssl install when building bitcoind ?

xf2_org (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2011, 12:13:50 AM

and what is the best way to redirect the linker away from the system openssl install to the bitcoin-custom openssl install when building bitcoind ?

Update the top of makefile.unix.  It is standard *nix build instructions... you must edit cflags/ldflags/etc.  Describing compiler and linker -I and -L is beyond the scope of this thread, though, I'm afraid.

marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
May 24, 2011, 01:10:19 AM

Update the top of makefile.unix.  It is standard *nix build instructions... you must edit cflags/ldflags/etc.  Describing compiler and linker -I and -L is beyond the scope of this thread, though, I'm afraid.

I didn't ask you to. Just trying to establish some kind of standard way for people who (god forbid) prefer to build bitcoin on RH derivative linux.

It is the best chance for bitcoin to make it into those repositories and get wider adoption.

Anybody have plans to publish a makefile for building bitcoin on RH derivatives?

marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
May 24, 2011, 02:52:04 AM

Code:
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_thread

Fedora 12, boost-thread package is installed.

xf2_org (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2011, 04:24:01 AM

Code:
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_thread

Fedora 12, boost-thread package is installed.

Add "-mt" suffix.

liberty

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2011, 05:37:02 AM

Ubuntu 64bit. the client RC3 works just fine.
shackra

Activity: 237
Merit: 102

1 Pedro 3:15-16 (DHH)

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2011, 05:37:34 AM

i got this error when i try to compile the source:
Code:
jorge@Abril:~/Descargas/bitcoin/bitcoin-0.3.22rc3/src$ make -f makefile.unix 
g++ -c -O2 -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wformat -g -D__WXDEBUG__ -DNOPCH -DFOURWAYSSE2 -DUSE_SSL -DUSE_UPNP=0 -I/usr/local/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-static-2.9 -I/usr/local/include/wx-2.9 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D__WXGTK__ -pthread -DGUI -o obj/net.o net.cpp
/usr/include/miniupnpc/miniupnpc.h: In function ‘void ThreadMapPort2(void*)’:
/usr/include/miniupnpc/miniupnpc.h:53: error: too few arguments to function ‘UPNPDev* upnpDiscover(int, const char*, const char*, int, int, int*)’
net.cpp:980: error: at this point in file
/usr/include/miniupnpc/upnpcommands.h:117: error: too few arguments to function ‘int UPNP_AddPortMapping(const char*, const char*, const char*, const char*, const char*, const char*, const char*, const char*, const char*)’
net.cpp:994: error: at this point in file
make: *** [obj/net.o] Error 1
jorge@Abril:~/Descargas/bitcoin/bitcoin-0.3.22rc3/src$

my machine use Trisquel GNU/Linux 4.5 (Slaine) 64 bits

Bitcoin-OTC | GPG: 43C5AF3C1C559BA2 | Telegram: https://t.me/jorge_personal
lebish

Activity: 36

View Profile
May 24, 2011, 05:43:24 AM

Downloading to test now!
Matt Corallo

Activity: 755
Merit: 515

View Profile
May 24, 2011, 11:00:00 AM

Code:
/usr/include/miniupnpc/miniupnpc.h:53: error: too few arguments to function ‘UPNPDev* upnpDiscover(int, const char*, const char*, int, int, int*)’
This is an indication you used the wrong version of miniupnp.  You are looking for miniupnpc-1.5, not miniupnpc-1.5.DATE.

Bitcoin Core, rust-lightning, http://bitcoinfibre.org etc.
PGP ID: 07DF 3E57 A548 CCFB 7530  7091 89BB B866 3E2E65CE
humble

Activity: 91
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 24, 2011, 06:12:01 PM

Looking pretty good. The field that shows the balance could be a little wider. It's cutting off the last (right-most) digit of my balance. And it's not like I have that large of a balance ;-)
BitcoinsWallet

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2011, 07:55:18 PM

(...) Test feedback and additional translation updates requested. (...)

Tell me if Spanish translation or updates needed  Cheesy
Matt Corallo

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 12:58:09 AM

As a side note, if you wish to attempt to duplicate the builds, you can try using the script at https://gist.github.com/961527.
The Linux ones should end up with hash-identical binaries, but I've never tested the Win32 ones.  They might work, but I'd bet there are several small differences (build timestamps and such).
Please don't comment on the build system here, that is best left to another thread and/or direct questions on IRC (I'm BlueMatt). 

marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 01:28:43 AM

As a side note, if you wish to attempt to duplicate the builds, you can try using the script at https://gist.github.com/961527.
The Linux ones should end up with hash-identical binaries, but I've never tested the Win32 ones.  They might work, but I'd bet there are several small differences (build timestamps and such).
Please don't comment on the build system here, that is best left to another thread and/or direct questions on IRC (I'm BlueMatt). 

Got a link to a thread with Redhat derivative (Fedora, CentOS, RH) builds help.

It's just one missing package after another. The file "build-unix.txt" should perhaps be renamed "build-ubuntu.txt" ... not sure what other unix that file helps on but it is next to useless for RH.

xf2_org (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 03:04:50 PM

Release candidate #4 source and binaries uploaded.

Changes:
- add chinese, esperanto translations
- update russian, italian translations
- OSX build tweaks
- Windows installer fixes

AltPluzF4

Activity: 41

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 03:17:27 PM

Hmm.
Windows 7 Pro x64
When I start my local miner, bitcoin.exe goes up to a constant 25% CPU usage (Quad Core) Even after closing phoenix, and bitcoin, the process remains (at 25% CPU) until I manually terminate it.

No issues with 0.3.21 though. Any ideas?
Matt Corallo

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 04:26:49 PM

Hmm.
Windows 7 Pro x64
When I start my local miner, bitcoin.exe goes up to a constant 25% CPU usage (Quad Core) Even after closing phoenix, and bitcoin, the process remains (at 25% CPU) until I manually terminate it.

No issues with 0.3.21 though. Any ideas?
Might you inform us of which/how many threads are using so much cpu (using Process Explorer) as well as any other info you might deam worth sharing.

shackra

Activity: 237
Merit: 102

1 Pedro 3:15-16 (DHH)

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2011, 04:55:07 PM

Code:
This is an indication you used the wrong version of miniupnp.  You are looking for miniupnpc-1.5, not miniupnpc-1.5.DATE.

huh, sorry :p
my baaad xD

Bitcoin-OTC | GPG: 43C5AF3C1C559BA2 | Telegram: https://t.me/jorge_personal
theboos

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2011, 12:30:12 AM

Fedora 13 x64, bitcoin 3.22.rc3. Says "Generating" in bottom right corner and displays a meager hashrate in the left. Moreover, I can't turn it off since the option has been removed from the menu. Using up CPU, so not just a UI bug.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: