Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:54:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Xapo a scam??  (Read 29160 times)
mirjangka

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 07:20:34 PM

Xapo is legit

but customer support very very very slow respond

i stop using it back to blockchain

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DARKANGEL6415

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 08:37:42 PM

Xapo is legit

but customer support very very very slow respond

i stop using it back to blockchain
WELL it is good to hear they are legit company, sadly the part of them being slow on support is not good, maybe they will grow some day who knows. I just know i want a card i can use with my name on it lol

● ● ● ● ● ● ●   ADAMANT Messenger ● ● ● ● ● ● ●  
Try it now: Secure and Anonymous Messenger ║║ Whitepaper
Xapo

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 06:36:02 PM

I dislike Xapo because of their customer support and I heard their debit cards we not any good.  That's why I personally stick with ANX, Xapo seems kind of fishy.  Their vault is useless, stick with cold storage.
I actually have a ANX premium card on its way to me. I do not like how the cards do NOT HAVE a persons name on it. Rather weird i dont understand reason. I mean come on they verify account but cant print name on cards is so weird.

Xapo is a true Bitcoin debit card linked directly to your Xapo wallet, unlike a pre-paid BTC debit card that requires users to transfer Bitcoin to the card. Just like any pre-paid Visa/Mastercard/Debit, ANX or otherwise, your wouldn't name would not printed on a card like that.

Monbux, I'd like to know what you mean by our vault being "useless". Did you have a bad experience personally you could tell me about?
I did have a bad experience, actually.  I forgot how long ago exactly, but I remember I had some bitcoins stored in the "vault" and I needed some extra btc badly, and fast, and the vault stored the BTC I needed,  It took me quite a while to get the bitcoins out!  I know you'll say it was for security and stuff, and I'll go along with that.  What I said above is not correct, I should have said; "In my opinion, I think their vault is useless."  A cold storage offers the exact same features except for this "insurance", but it'll be much easier to get the BTC as for it is in your OWN possession.  IMO, it's always safer when something is in your own possession.

Just my thoughts. Smiley
monbux

monbux,

Thanks for sharing your experience. To be clear about what the Vault is, and how we advertise it, the Vault offers advanced proprietary encryption and a highly secure process to move bitcoins offline, where they are stored in geographically dispersed locations and guarded by intense physical security. To many people with large amounts of BTC, who want the added bonus of insurance, the Vault is very useful, and worth the slight access delay. It's not designed or advertised to be for everyday transactions. If you need BTC instantly, you're better off keeping it in the main, hot wallet.

Twitter: @xapo
DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2015, 12:54:09 AM

I dislike Xapo because of their customer support and I heard their debit cards we not any good.  That's why I personally stick with ANX, Xapo seems kind of fishy.  Their vault is useless, stick with cold storage.
I actually have a ANX premium card on its way to me. I do not like how the cards do NOT HAVE a persons name on it. Rather weird i dont understand reason. I mean come on they verify account but cant print name on cards is so weird.

Xapo is a true Bitcoin debit card linked directly to your Xapo wallet, unlike a pre-paid BTC debit card that requires users to transfer Bitcoin to the card. Just like any pre-paid Visa/Mastercard/Debit, ANX or otherwise, your wouldn't name would not printed on a card like that.

Monbux, I'd like to know what you mean by our vault being "useless". Did you have a bad experience personally you could tell me about?
I did have a bad experience, actually.  I forgot how long ago exactly, but I remember I had some bitcoins stored in the "vault" and I needed some extra btc badly, and fast, and the vault stored the BTC I needed,  It took me quite a while to get the bitcoins out!  I know you'll say it was for security and stuff, and I'll go along with that.  What I said above is not correct, I should have said; "In my opinion, I think their vault is useless."  A cold storage offers the exact same features except for this "insurance", but it'll be much easier to get the BTC as for it is in your OWN possession.  IMO, it's always safer when something is in your own possession.

Just my thoughts. Smiley
monbux

monbux,

Thanks for sharing your experience. To be clear about what the Vault is, and how we advertise it, the Vault offers advanced proprietary encryption and a highly secure process to move bitcoins offline, where they are stored in geographically dispersed locations and guarded by intense physical security. To many people with large amounts of BTC, who want the added bonus of insurance, the Vault is very useful, and worth the slight access delay. It's not designed or advertised to be for everyday transactions. If you need BTC instantly, you're better off keeping it in the main, hot wallet.
so i am just wondering what is the time frame to move funds from a " vault " to us personally if we wanted to have access to them. Should we give it like a day or 2 maybe 3 days ?

ligeros

Activity: 182

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 11:30:48 PM

Is it true that Xapo takes zero fee when transferring btc?
Or this is old information?

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2015, 04:57:39 AM

Is it true that Xapo takes zero fee when transferring btc?
Or this is old information?
i think it old information i think they had a current fee schedule i do not recall where i had seen it, but i am sure someone can post current fees maybe mod will see this  Huh

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 02:46:06 PM

Well i been trying to find a list of new fees to post here but i cant the ones i found seem to be like the old ones so i will wait maybe mod will see this and post fees  Huh

Xapo

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 04:25:05 PM

Well i been trying to find a list of new fees to post here but i cant the ones i found seem to be like the old ones so i will wait maybe mod will see this and post fees  Huh

The only fees associated with Xapo are related to our debit card service. Unless you have a debit card, or planning to get one, we have no fees associated with moving BTC around from your Xapo wallet (and that's what he was asking about). If you want to learn more about our Debit Card Fees, check our FAQ at support.xapo.com. Keep in mind, although it says there is a monthly fee (which is true, our card provider does charge a monthly fee) Xapo covers the monthly fee, which means there is no monthly fee charged to our customers.

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 06:07:55 PM

The only fees associated with Xapo are related to our debit card service. Unless you have a debit card, or planning to get one, we have no fees associated with moving BTC around from your Xapo wallet (and that's what he was asking about). If you want to learn more about our Debit Card Fees, check our FAQ at support.xapo.com. Keep in mind, although it says there is a monthly fee (which is true, our card provider does charge a monthly fee) Xapo covers the monthly fee, which means there is no monthly fee charged to our customers.
GOTCHA ok i did not even know there was a monthly fee that xapo paid for themselves instead of the customers, that is really nice of you and will help you all grow as a company

ligeros

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 08:38:09 PM

thanks for answer
that's great you have no fee
then my next question is what is your minimal transfer amount?
can I send, for instance, 1 satoshi from my Xapo wallet? will it be delivered? 

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2015, 04:06:28 PM

Well i been trying to find a list of new fees to post here but i cant the ones i found seem to be like the old ones so i will wait maybe mod will see this and post fees  Huh

thanks for answer

i do not think there is a minimal amount per say to transfer from one xapo wallet to another xapo wallet, now they might have a minimal amount if taking out from xapo wallet and sending to a bitcoin wallet. I tried going over the limited information on site and found nothing that would be useful to us  Cry

Xapo

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2015, 09:15:56 PM

thanks for answer

The minimum you can send is 0.0000555BTC. That limit is not set by us (Xapo), rather the Bitcoin protocol itself.

ligeros

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 10:26:45 PM

thanks for answer

The minimum you can send is 0.0000555BTC. That limit is not set by us (Xapo), rather the Bitcoin protocol itself.

thank you very much, this information is very useful
now I know one more way how to use Xapo wallet

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2015, 12:18:51 AM

thanks for answer

cool thanks for the clarification i was not to sure myself if you all had a limit to send and receive bitcoins weather it is between xapo wallets or from xapo wallet to bitcoin address

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2015, 03:48:48 AM

so whats the good word going on with the Xapo Visa or Mastercard forgot what it was and on phone so not going to go back lol this phone to slow lol, but any word on us folks here in the USA getting cards shipped out to us anytime soon, i dont know how ANX Premium card can be shipped to USA in under 1 week from Hong Kong with no problem. I will post this same thing on other Xapo forums see where gets answer faster as not always so active  Wink

Dilemma

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 03:14:02 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2015, 04:33:34 PM by Dilemma

i cant find my wallet adress in xapo..
where can i see it?
i really dont understand Smiley

dsyahputera

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 03:18:06 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2015, 10:28:21 AM by dsyahputera

i cant fing my wallet adress in xapo..
where can i see it?
i really dotn understand Smiley

First, you must verify your account info, then the Receive button will show on the main wallet, click on that and you will see your address Smiley

Btw, please fix your typo Roll Eyes <-- wrong grammar
suman66

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 05:35:50 PM

where can i see it?

Xapo has a new feature you address will change every time you received a one payment so we carefull
DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 08:03:03 AM

where can i see it?

First, you must verify your account info, then the Receive button will show on the main wallet, click on that and you will see your address Smiley

Btw, please fix your typo Roll Eyes

LOL @ " please fix your typo "  Grin

dsyahputera

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 10:30:35 AM

where can i see it?

Btw, please fix your typo Roll Eyes

LOL @ " please fix your typo "  Grin

I'm not native Englist speakers, CMIIW Cry
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: