Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:10:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Xapo a scam??  (Read 29160 times)
DARKANGEL6415

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2015, 04:02:38 PM

100% SCAM
Could you provide some details, fonzie?
Come on fonzie, do you can explain this? Don't just make a spammy post.

Yeah come on dont just say sacam and provide no proof or anything

● ● ● ● ● ● ●   ADAMANT Messenger ● ● ● ● ● ● ●  
Try it now: Secure and Anonymous Messenger ║║ Whitepaper
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2015, 04:03:59 PM

i used them last 2 days..
i am a new member but now everthing work perfectly..
it's not a scam...

i am NOT saying it is a scam i really want for Xapo to be a good inovative product cause i so badly want a bitcoin debit card that has my name printed on it and that it can be a visa or mastercard. I almost forgot with the feauture to where it only sells the amount of bitcoin to cover fiat transaction in real time and not some crappy pre load limits. With that said it does not help when you say " i am new but not a scam lol " just saying  Wink

Are there any bitcoin debit cards that are definitely 100% certain reliable and not a scam? They are a good idea but I seem to see complaints about them all.

i always thought this one would be one of the best cards except i could not get it as i am in the usa lol, i also use anx premium mastercard as well i just dont like load times

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2015, 04:05:35 PM

yea they pretty much are. if you try to withdrawl a small (unspecified) amount you just lose it, and they wont pay you back. i guess if you dont want a desktop wallet and you are dealing with large amounts of bitcoins its good. they prey on people that sign up for bitcoin faucets and dont read the fine print. bottom line, if you dont want to store your btcs in xapo permanently DONT use store them there at all. i just lost a who payout to them.

what how did you loose a payment was it going out to someone or was it something someone sent to you, did you try to contact them and provide them proof of lost bitcoin?

Xapo

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 03:12:38 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2015, 01:58:45 PM by Xapo

yea they pretty much are. if you try to withdrawl a small (unspecified) amount you just lose it, and they wont pay you back. i guess if you dont want a desktop wallet and you are dealing with large amounts of bitcoins its good. they prey on people that sign up for bitcoin faucets and dont read the fine print. bottom line, if you dont want to store your btcs in xapo permanently DONT use store them there at all. i just lost a who payout to them.
It's not very clear what you mean by "they wont pay you back", but I'm happy to help you out. I'm sending you a PM so I can get your account details and create a support ticket for you. It's been made pretty clear throughout this thread that our legitimacy is not in question. We gain nothing out of "preying on people that sign up for bitcoin faucets".

Twitter: @xapo
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 04:41:38 PM

It's not very clear what you mean by "they wont pay you back", but I'm happy to help you out. I'm sending you a PM so I can get your account details and create a support ticket for you. It's been made pretty clear throughout this thread that our legitimacy is not in question. We gain nothing out "preying on people that sign up for bitcoin faucets".

I don't use a Xapo wallet, but I've heard people say that Xapo (like Coinbase) doesn't require its users to pay the transaction fees. Here's my question, does Xapo pay the fees for its users, or just sends bitcoins to other wallets outside Xapo without paying the fee at all?
DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 01:19:26 AM

It's not very clear what you mean by "they wont pay you back", but I'm happy to help you out. I'm sending you a PM so I can get your account details and create a support ticket for you. It's been made pretty clear throughout this thread that our legitimacy is not in question. We gain nothing out "preying on people that sign up for bitcoin faucets".

I don't use a Xapo wallet, but I've heard people say that Xapo (like Coinbase) doesn't require its users to pay the transaction fees. Here's my question, does Xapo pay the fees for its users, or just sends bitcoins to other wallets outside Xapo without paying the fee at all?

GOOD question i never really thought about that but ofcourse now i am thinking about it  Huh

tee-rex

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 09:47:27 AM

GOOD question i never really thought about that but ofcourse now i am thinking about it  Huh

I'm expecting Mr. Xapo to walk in and expand more on this matter. We're patiently waiting for your honest reply Mr. Xapo.
Xapo

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 01:59:43 PM

Good question tee-rex. Transaction fees are paid, Xapo simply covers the cost.

Bizmark13

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 06:35:38 PM

The message "You don't have enough funds to send the amount entered." appears sometimes. Just wait and withdraw will work again.

I'm not sure are they scam or not. I just don't like this wallet.
They attracted people offering +50% to every faucet bonus, but to withdraw money you have to verify your phone number. It's small cheating IMO.

I found out about them from Freebitco.in. I registered an account a month ago using the link provided by them and got the free 50 uBTC. But Freebitco.in also said that I would get an additional 1,000 uBTC after verifying my phone number. Well that's what I did but the extra uBTC still hasn't arrived. And to withdraw anything, you need to provide your address and passport number which I was never told about. Weird. Oh well, it's only ~25 cents so it's not like I care anyway.
tee-rex

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 06:38:49 PM

The message "You don't have enough funds to send the amount entered." appears sometimes. Just wait and withdraw will work again.

They attracted people offering +50% to every faucet bonus, but to withdraw money you have to verify your phone number. It's small cheating IMO.

I found out about them from Freebitco.in. I registered an account a month ago using the link provided by them and got the free 50 uBTC. But Freebitco.in also said that I would get an additional 1,000 uBTC after verifying my phone number. Well that's what I did but the extra uBTC still hasn't arrived. And to withdraw anything, you need to provide your address and passport number which I was never told about. Weird. Oh well, it's only ~25 cents so it's not like I care anyway.

Mr. Xapo, is it true that a client would need to provide his/her address and passport to withdraw funds? If so, why would you need this info in the first place? Are you a CIA/NSA crew on a mission?
Bizmark13

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 07:17:51 PM

Mr. Xapo, is it true that a client would need to provide his/her address and passport to withdraw funds? If so, why would you need this info in the first place? Are you a CIA/NSA crew on a mission?

I'm not him (Mr. Xapo) but I decided to finally go through the verification step and it's easier than I thought. The site just asks you for your address, passport number, origin of passport, and date of birth. You don't have to submit any documents and the verification step is instant (or at least it seems to be). I still only have 50 bits which is only worth 1 cent and I'm pretty sure that's not enough to withdraw. Maybe the 1,000 uBTC bonus will come into my account now but if it doesn't then not to worry, as it's only 25 cents.

I was never asked for my SSN unlike some of the reports I've read. Perhaps that is because I'm not an American?

Honestly, I'm not interested in this service that much since I prefer to have control over my private keys and I don't think Xapo allows that but I can see myself using it for purchases if it becomes big in the future.
fildza

Activity: 322

Ask me anything if you have any problem

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 08:50:59 AM

Xapo only ask me for phone verification and never receive any address, passport number, origin of passport, and date of birth etc. I can withdraw 50 bits and not have any problem

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Bizmark13

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 09:15:46 AM

Xapo only ask me for phone verification and never receive any address, passport number, origin of passport, and date of birth etc. I can withdraw 50 bits and not have any problem

That's odd. In my case, whenever I clicked the "pay" tab, a form popped up asking me for address, passport origin, passport number, etc. This was after I had my phone number verified. Only after I filled out that form did the "pay" tab finally link to an actual payment page. I haven't tried making any payments using it though.
fildza

Activity: 322

Ask me anything if you have any problem

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 09:29:34 AM

That's odd. In my case, whenever I clicked the "pay" tab, a form popped up asking me for address, passport origin, passport number, etc. This was after I had my phone number verified. Only after I filled out that form did the "pay" tab finally link to an actual payment page. I haven't tried making any payments using it though.
Ouh I see that why many bad comment about xapo. But I really never experience any of that

▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
Xapo

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 08:49:33 PM

Xapo is a financial services company, and we offer products and services that allow our users to store and transact with their bitcoins. It is important to protect our business and our users from fraud and to prevent, detect, and report any activity where our services are being used for money laundering, terrorist financing and other illicit activities. Part of this requires that we identify and know who our customers are.  

Our business is subject to regulation in various jurisdictions. As such, we have implemented anti-money laundering, or AML, policies and procedures designed to meet the applicable regulatory requirements. Information you provide is held in accordance with the terms of our Privacy Policy.

tee-rex

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 08:53:04 PM

Xapo is a financial services company, and we offer products and services that allow our users to store and transact with their bitcoins. It is important to protect our business and our users from fraud and to prevent, detect, and report any activity where our services are being used for money laundering, terrorist financing and other illicit activities. Part of this requires that we identify and know who our customers are. 

So you are effectively confirming that you gather information about your clients and give it out to CIA/NSA/whatever with the alleged purpose "to prevent, detect, and report", right?

Are you being funded by them?
DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 04:28:52 AM

Good question tee-rex. Transaction fees are paid, Xapo simply covers the cost.

Cool thanks for the verification, i had never thought about it but good catch

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 04:30:45 AM

see i found out from them from the zebra faucet, i got like $2 from the faucet alone lol, to bad i dont see the card for people here in the usa yet but holding it there maybe they will change

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 04:32:33 AM

I'm not him (Mr. Xapo) but I decided to finally go through the verification step and it's easier than I thought. The site just asks you for your address, passport number, origin of passport, and date of birth. You don't have to submit any documents and the verification step is instant (or at least it seems to be). I still only have 50 bits which is only worth 1 cent and I'm pretty sure that's not enough to withdraw. Maybe the 1,000 uBTC bonus will come into my account now but if it doesn't then not to worry, as it's only 25 cents.

I was never asked for my SSN unlike some of the reports I've read. Perhaps that is because I'm not an American?

Honestly, I'm not interested in this service that much since I prefer to have control over my private keys and I don't think Xapo allows that but I can see myself using it for purchases if it becomes big in the future.

sweet thank you for sharing that on what the verification process entails, would be ironic if they made americans verify the accounts in such detail but cant send cards to them

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 04:34:39 AM

Our business is subject to regulation in various jurisdictions. As such, we have implemented anti-money laundering, or AML, policies and procedures designed to meet the applicable regulatory requirements. Information you provide is held in accordance with the terms of our Privacy Policy.

so all this sounds good and all of this things american goverment like as step in right direction, so please just tell me why cant we have cards shipped to american address

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: