Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:43:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Xapo a scam??  (Read 29160 times)
Xapo

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 04:58:40 PM

It's very normal to require temporary disabling of adblockers, so third party API's can communicate with you, in this case, the Google Maps API. I'm happy to answer any questions you have related to Xapo to confirm our legitimacy.

2 weeks is the longest period to receive the funds from CEVO, right?
I'm not totally clear on your question. You sure this isn't something to ask CEVO?

Twitter: @xapo

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
suzan1919

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 11:14:21 AM

I dont like Xapo because they ask all members to verify fully with them before you can cashout any faucet earnings.  Sad

I wasted a cashout from a faucet because I did not know they wanted my SSN  Undecided

Xapo is a waste of time and a risk.

I totally agree, they ask too many personal info that made me suspicious.

The whole idea about crypto currencies is total freedom and decentralization. Xapo is trying to impose its roles that basicly revokes the freedom of the BTC holder.

Also, I read a complain from an Xapo user who says that they prevented him access to his bitcoins before he verifies his ID! (Chek Here : https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2mgyxj/xapo_does_not_allow_me_to_take_my_bitcoins/ )

Personally I found Blockchain is the most reasonable online wallet.
strangerdanger101

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 12:40:27 PM

Works better if you use the phone app thats just my experience I just sent .005 from my phone all faucet earnings no issues.

What has it got in its pocketses precious? BTC: 1KctJNLwzFK8qJPsSwDrQRNxxKnVCrZm93
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2015, 02:11:52 PM

Still haven't tested my Xapo debit card, but a different card from the same issuing bank works without a hitch. Not sure about delays and fees though, will get back to you all on that.
sinisuba

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 02:32:03 PM

Haven't received $1 after 4 weeks.

Sabbirahmadshm

Activity: 27

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 03:17:00 PM

Xapo Doesn't Give Good service. Though Its Security is high but Their Service Is too bad.I stuck there for 1 month.i tried and tried for cashout and finally I Got Pay. By This i left Xapo WaLLET. You should Try and Wish u that u can cashout..
dsyahputera

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 01:47:21 PM

Xapo Doesn't Give Good service. Though Its Security is high but Their Service Is too bad.I stuck there for 1 month.i tried and tried for cashout and finally I Got Pay. By This i left Xapo WaLLET. You should Try and Wish u that u can cashout..
Cash out for what? What do you mean?
TomasXAPOReview

Activity: 7

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 03:18:13 PM
Last edit: October 13, 2015, 04:07:10 PM by TomasXAPOReview

Is XAPO legit? I'm not sure yet. Wanted to review their debit card aswell as their service. Transfered around 0.60 BTC to my "XAPO Vault". But to order a debit card the coins have to be sent to the "Personal wallet", and not the vault. So I did an internal transfer between my Vault and Personal wallet which is supposed to take 48 hours. 48 hours is a bit too much if you ask me. Especially if it's just swapping between two of my wallets that's on my account (i.e NOT withdrawing).

But now. 4 days (!) later it's still "Processing". How can this process even take more than 24 hours (or 5 min)? No response from the support at all even tho I've sent 2-3 messages regarding this. Will keep you guys updated. Be careful.

Edit: Received to my "personal wallet", with some extra as an apology. Not sure what to do now after my first impression is quite bad. Do they deliver their debit cards as promised or not? Anyone here with experience?
Got a pretty reasonable explanation on why this takes some time tho:
Although you are correct in saying that it is an internal process, it is an internal process that is done completely offline, but also needs signatures from 3 different vaults that are dispersed around the world. The Xapo Vault is the most secure place to store your bitcoins, so we do not compromise security for convenience, which is why it normally should take 48 hours. In this case, there was an error on our end in which one signature was still required and it was waiting on this, which is why your vault retrieval took longer than 48 hours and we sincerely apologize about that!

Edit2: Meh. Went ahead with an order anyway. Stay tuned for review...
fuathan

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

Aleph.im

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 12:45:06 AM

I haven't been receiving answers for my questions for 1 month... Is everything OK in Xapo?
ub27

Activity: 559
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 01:43:07 PM

I haven't been receiving answers for my questions for 1 month... Is everything OK in Xapo?

+1, havent received support answers for 3.5 month.

Xapo...pls...
BTCBinary

Activity: 504

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 02:15:13 PM

NOpe. Never heard about XAPO beng a scam. I have heard they had some complications but nothing fancy, just the regular issues.
teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 03:31:32 PM

NOpe. Never heard about XAPO beng a scam. I have heard they had some complications but nothing fancy, just the regular issues.
But their customer support is pretty bad to say the least Roll Eyes
Sent an email regarding my locked up account, got reply few hours later, sent the reply back and then no email back for almost a week now Tongue
Good thing is i managed to find the solution myself and then i took all of my money out of there Tongue
Offline wallet is the best yo Wink
Arcteryx

Activity: 728

EtherSphere - Social Games

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 03:35:19 PM

Sent an email regarding my locked up account, got reply few hours later, sent the reply back and then no email back for almost a week now Tongue
Good thing is i managed to find the solution myself and then i took all of my money out of there Tongue
I think their customer support is so bad because their first language isn't English.
They are in Chile correct? So they speak Spanish and probably use online translator to try and figure out what the problem their customer's are having. If they don't find a short enough answer thy just ignore to respond.
Very bad mentality if you ask me, but you get what you pay for. Cheap Spanish labour Wink

........EtherSphere........
.....ICO Starts on 5th August, 4:00 PM UTC.....
.......High ROI Social Ethereum Games
........BENEFITS WHITEPAPER ANN THREAD GITHUB REDDIT TWITTER........

░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████████▀░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▄█████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░▄██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░██████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▀███████████████████▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████████████████▄░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▀░░░
░░░░░░░▄█████████████████▀▀░░░░░
░░░░░▄████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░......................
bitcoinmar

Activity: 812

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 03:41:14 PM

I am also using this for long time and I have never any issue with deposit or withdraw all working very good for me and support is also not bad they respond mostly within 72 hours I don't think its a scam
WePromoteCrypto

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 03:44:44 PM

never heard of it till now. why try other wallets when theres blockchain.info and stuff lol.

xapo is a new wallet

but as you said blockchain is much much better and safer!
Google:

Code:
blockchain.info [color=red]hacked[/color]

and

Code:
XAPO hacked

Which one got hacked a gazillion times? Smiley
Arcteryx

Activity: 728

EtherSphere - Social Games

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 04:14:23 PM

You always hear about blockchain.info getting hacked. I haven't heard much about xapo being hacked recently. And they do have a lot of security in place, such as phone verification and 2FA measures. So maybe before but not now as these security measures are in there.

........EtherSphere........
.....ICO Starts on 5th August, 4:00 PM UTC.....
.......High ROI Social Ethereum Games
........BENEFITS WHITEPAPER ANN THREAD GITHUB REDDIT TWITTER........

░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████████▀░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▄█████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░▄██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░██████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▀███████████████████▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████████████████▄░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▀░░░
░░░░░░░▄█████████████████▀▀░░░░░
░░░░░▄████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░......................
ub27

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 10:12:49 AM

I think their customer support is so bad because their first language isn't English.
They are in Chile correct? So they speak Spanish and probably use online translator to try and figure out what the problem their customer's are having. If they don't find a short enough answer thy just ignore to respond.
Very bad mentality if you ask me, but you get what you pay for. Cheap Spanish labour Wink

lol...then they should hire some english language support from the millions of dollars funding...Also afaik they are located in Swizterland.
ub27

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 06:07:55 PM

tried two different xapo card to withdraw money, but i couldnt.

Xapo is officially dead (at least for me too). Such a shame they couldnt hire a live support from 1 million funding. Worst service ever!

DO NOT USE XAPO.
henryfekok

Activity: 146
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 09:24:45 PM

Today, I can't transfer balance to other wallet. Xapo goes to the morgue.
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 09:46:13 PM

I have been a Xapo client for several months, but I have several doubts about its services. I specially hate the multiple adverts received in my email to promote their offers, and it does not give me a good impression about their seriousness and reliability.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: