Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:14:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Xapo a scam??  (Read 29160 times)
mlferro

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 05:22:48 PM

The message "You don't have enough funds to send the amount entered." appears sometimes. Just wait and withdraw will work again.

I'm not sure are they scam or not. I just don't like this wallet.
They attracted people offering +50% to every faucet bonus, but to withdraw money you have to verify your phone number. It's small cheating IMO.

I created a xapo account, about two months atraz.
and have been putting satoshis it. one day I tried to make a withdrawal, and this message appeared !!!
I was very disappointed, I tried several other times the withdrawal, did not work.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DARKANGEL6415

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 06:25:09 PM

The message "You don't have enough funds to send the amount entered." appears sometimes. Just wait and withdraw will work again.

They attracted people offering +50% to every faucet bonus, but to withdraw money you have to verify your phone number. It's small cheating IMO.

and have been putting satoshis it. one day I tried to make a withdrawal, and this message appeared !!!
I was very disappointed, I tried several other times the withdrawal, did not work.
what was the amount you was trying to take out i ask since sounds like funds comming from a faucet. If so i wonder if they have a minimal amount to take out bitcoin

● ● ● ● ● ● ●   ADAMANT Messenger ● ● ● ● ● ● ●  
Try it now: Secure and Anonymous Messenger ║║ Whitepaper
Xapo

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2014, 05:22:29 PM

it isnt a scam, but anyone asking ssn though its asking for trouble.

like why ask ssn?

Hey guys,

David here, Community Manager at Xapo. Let me answer your concerns about providing your SSN. As with any website from which you purchase Bitcoins, we are required to verify your identity. This is an important part of a common process you might be familiar with, known as “Know Your Customer” (KYC), which prevents unknown individuals from using Bitcoin for illegal activity like money laundering. Xapo only asks for the last 4 digits of your social security (SSN) in order to complete the identity verification process. Xapo is not a lender of currency and you will never be asked to provide your full social security number (unlike some other sites...). We therefore cannot, and will not, perform a credit check on any Xapo customer.

Any other questions about Xapo's reputation, I'm here to answer! - David

Twitter: @xapo
ligeros

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 07:14:58 PM

Hey guys,

David here, Community Manager at Xapo. Let me answer your concerns about providing your SSN. As with any website from which you purchase Bitcoins, we are required to verify your identity. This is an important part of a common process you might be familiar with, known as “Know Your Customer” (KYC), which prevents unknown individuals from using Bitcoin for illegal activity like money laundering. Xapo only asks for the last 4 digits of your social security (SSN) in order to complete the identity verification process. Xapo is not a lender of currency and you will never be asked to provide your full social security number (unlike some other sites...). We therefore cannot, and will not, perform a credit check on any Xapo customer.

Hi David,
It's great you appeared on bitcointalk.
I'd advise you to create official Xapo tread in Service Discussion subforum.

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2014, 08:30:27 AM

it isnt a scam, but anyone asking ssn though its asking for trouble.

like why ask ssn?

Hey guys,

FOR the love of god please provide cards for people in the USA while we are not the biggest population we sure do love to spend thing of how much you can make in US market

mlferro

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 12:59:21 PM

what was the amount you was trying to take out i ask since sounds like funds comming from a faucet. If so i wonder if they have a minimal amount to take out bitcoin
I can not remember the amount,
but I remember I got 5k satoshi the account creation and + 5k for sharing on facebook. After some other satoshis received some faucets (+ or -  20k Satoshi or more, less than 40K).
tried to withdraw because he wanted to buy NXT. And I could not.

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2014, 11:14:22 PM

I can not remember the amount,
but I remember I got 5k satoshi the account creation and + 5k for sharing on facebook. After some other satoshis received some faucets (+ or -  20k Satoshi or more, less than 40K).
tried to withdraw because he wanted to buy NXT. And I could not.
i think it needs to be larger amounts to be able to take it out if i am correct. If someone else can confirm a minimal amount needed to take out as bitcoin transfer instead of a purchase please provide information. thanks  Wink

rayhan

Activity: 378

be your self

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 01:14:53 AM

dont know scam or not but just dont like xapo when i send some coin and never received

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2014, 06:31:02 PM

dont know scam or not but just dont like xapo when i send some coin and never received
I have personally never have deposited bitcoin directly all is coming from the ziebra faucet since they giving me 50% bonus i have made like 240,000 satoshi just clicking in like 2 weeks when i am at work between calls and when i remember lol. I included my ref link in anyone wants to use it, if not allowed op can delete ref part   http://faucet.bitcoinzebra.com/?ref=39e8f7e73ab5

rayhan

Activity: 378

be your self

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 01:20:51 AM

I have personally never have deposited bitcoin directly all is coming from the ziebra faucet since they giving me 50% bonus i have made like 240,000 satoshi just clicking in like 2 weeks when i am at work between calls and when i remember lol. I included my ref link in anyone wants to use it, if not allowed op can delete ref part   http://faucet.bitcoinzebra.com/?ref=39e8f7e73ab5
i actually dont like the faucet at all
i'm was a gambler even though amateur in gambling.. lol Cheesy

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 04:33:15 AM

i actually dont like the faucet at all
i'm was a gambler even though amateur in gambling.. lol Cheesy
i understand and wish you the best of luck on your road to recovery will be a battle all your life but you can do it  Smiley

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 04:07:41 PM

TO you and all on this forum happy holidays enjoy the time with family and friends. May the holidays bring everyone good stuff with good food and good drinks  Smiley posting this now as i know alot of people in areas where almost xmas

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2014, 11:06:54 PM

seems like no activity here either, i am trying to find somewhere where they speak of the Xapo debit card more actively that what goes on this forum seems like noone on here talks about it. I am trying to get card for people like me that live in the USA. Any links to where i can find active chats would be appreciated will post this on the Xapo forums i go to to increase odds of answer. If you want to send me private message that is ok to with any information  Cheesy

clock27

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 11:11:45 PM

I also want the card and was super bummed when i found out after signing up that they don't send to USA Sad
also i had no issues withdrawing 50k satoshis this morning

Xapo

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2014, 02:51:36 PM

I also want the card and was super bummed when i found out after signing up that they don't send to USA Sad

Our team here responsible for things like Compliance and Legal matters are hard at work getting past any red tape that is currently preventing the cards from being mailed to USA addresses. As you would expect, this is a top priority.

Twitter: @xapo
DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 01:34:36 AM

maybe xapo would be so kind to suggest a canadian mail fowarding company LOL to us folks in the USA  Wink

clock27

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 07:26:42 PM

Our team here responsible for things like Compliance and Legal matters are hard at work getting past any red tape that is currently preventing the cards from being mailed to USA addresses. As you would expect, this is a top priority.

awesome xapo peeps Smiley im lovin the site cept for the card issue Tongue

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2015, 01:54:27 AM

awesome xapo peeps Smiley im lovin the site cept for the card issue Tongue
I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO need a canadian address to get a card lol or atleast a eta when they will offer cards to be shipped to the USA i feel so left out  Tongue

Vortex20000

Activity: 504

sucker got hacked and screwed --Toad

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2015, 02:10:02 PM

Xapo its working great for me so far. The problem you describe is when you have less than 10.000 Bits in your account. They requested this as way to ensure that the miner fees are covered when you transfer to the blockchain.

They are not a scam, actually they are one of the most well funded Bitcoin startups in the Sillicon Valley. Way more secure and more reputable than  Blockchain or the cocky asses of Coinbase.

Larson
Newb with one post.

Hello Xapo!

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2015, 05:30:16 PM

Xapo its working great for me so far. The problem you describe is when you have less than 10.000 Bits in your account. They requested this as way to ensure that the miner fees are covered when you transfer to the blockchain.

They are not a scam, actually they are one of the most well funded Bitcoin startups in the Sillicon Valley. Way more secure and more reputable than  Blockchain or the cocky asses of Coinbase.

Larson
Newb with one post.

Hello Xapo!
LOL newb with one post ...... priceless i always do love it when its the new people with 1 post that talk bad about others

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: