Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:55:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin and Craigslist  (Read 9339 times)
PalmerLaura

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

IPSX: Distributed Network Layer

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 09:17:26 AM

You put yourself at big risk of recieving counterfeit or dirty money when you do this.

Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Nerazzura

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 02:00:05 PM

So sometimes I post that I am a local trader of bitcoin in my area on craigslist. So far I have had one bite on this.

Also I search on bitcoin for things to purchase, and always when I sell stuff on craigslist I list that I accept bitcoin.

Do others use craigslist with bitcoin?
if you can explain about Craigslist is that?? it sounds very new to me. whether the name of a place, product or service. I do not laugh with the innocence of this.. lol
Daniel007

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 03:37:59 PM

I never use Craigslist with Bitcoin.

LostDutchman

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 04:17:27 PM

So sometimes I post that I am a local trader of bitcoin in my area on craigslist. So far I have had one bite on this.

Also I search on bitcoin for things to purchase, and always when I sell stuff on craigslist I list that I accept bitcoin.

I don't and I sell a lot on CL.

Just not worth the effort at this point and so many people think that crypto is scammy I think offereing to accept payment in Bitcoin would lower sales drastically for me.

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 04:18:31 PM

if you can explain about Craigslist is that?? it sounds very new to me. whether the name of a place, product or service. I do not laugh with the innocence of this.. lol

Here you go:

http://www.craigslist.org/about/sites

Corporations For Crypto
joshraban76

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:15:04 PM

I often search bitcoin on craigslist but what I find is insane prices of miners. People selling miners for exactly what they paid 5+ months ago. Or sometimes someone selling btc for 30% above preev. To date I have not found anything that I didn't laugh at.

\   \  \ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤//////////////// /  /   /
Win88.me ❖ Fair, Trusted Online BTC Gambling ❖
/   /  / ////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \  \   \
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 05:30:54 PM

I often search bitcoin on craigslist but what I find is insane prices of miners. People selling miners for exactly what they paid 5+ months ago. Or sometimes someone selling btc for 30% above preev. To date I have not found anything that I didn't laugh at.

Well, yeah but they are using the Butterfly Labs Sales Theory; "There's a new one born every day!"

Corporations For Crypto
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 08:08:22 PM

Some people will sell their own goods/services on craigslist that they would usually sell for fiat but also offer the option of accepting bitcoin.
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 08:30:20 PM

I made one posting and I got a buyer for 100BTC in 24 hours.

Nice to get actual cash for bitcoin.

Very nice.

_Miracle

Activity: 905
Merit: 657

Do due diligence

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 09:11:02 PM

Bitcoin or tech in general is not big in the area I live in. I had an ad up for a miner and it got reported? Contacted CL and they said it would be fine to post again (sold it on ebay instead). There were a couple responses to the ad from people in my area.

I'll be selling a window AC and offering a discount if paid in bitcoin, I've considered offering bitcoin as a payment option for one of my rentals but wouldn't expect a good response.

There 'used' to be more truth in forums than anywhere else.  Twitter:  @cryptobitchicks  Spock: "I am expressing multiple attitudes simultaneously. To which are you referring?"  INTJ-A
DannyElfman

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 10:11:46 PM

If you negotiate with the sellers appropriately and point out the fact that they have received a certain amount of revenue then they would likely charge you a more appropriate price if you are in the market for a miner.

This spot for rent.
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 10:34:38 PM

Craigslist is more for the non-tech savvy portion of the population.

The savvy guys and dolls make out real well though.

Corporations For Crypto
Maidak
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1058

The OGz Club

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 10:36:40 PM

I made a craigslist ad to buy/sell btc locally and surprisingly enough out of the 30 days the ad was listed I had 2 clients who wanted to pay cash for some BTC.

.The OGz Club.▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████████▀███▀████████████
██████████████▀█▀██████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
......The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project......
Website   ◢ Reddit   ◢ Telegram   ◢ Twitter   ◢ TikTok   ◢ Facebook

██████    ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
       ▄▄▄██▄▄▄
    ▄███████████▄
    █████████████▄
   ███████████████
▄█████████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████████████▀██
    ▀█████████████▄
    ▄▀█████████████▄
   █▀ ▀▀▀██████████▌
▐███    ▄█████████▀▀
 ▀▀     ▄█████▀▀
       ███▀▀
      ██▀

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
pirsquared

Activity: 109

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 12:43:54 AM

So a relevant necro, does anyone have any ideas on how to make craigslist ads where people can pay for the item without a complicated checkout?

While most everyone in bitcoindom may have a mobile wallet with QR scanning, we might all not have a standalone QR scanner app that we can use to open URLs. I thought it was weird when QR codes started appearing on bus and other ads years ago, when all mobile devices didn't have a QR scanner installed by default. And from what I can tell, they still aren't universal.

If this wasn't the case, then each ad could have a QR encoded of https://blockchain.info/payment_request?address=1blahblahblah&amount=0&amount_local=5 to have it float to local fiat. However, that may be too complicated for most. The bitcoin URI standard only allows a bitcoin variable currently, not a fiat value that all wallets can recognize and convert based on whatever market's (or average) ticker_last.

I don't think there's any resource right now where you can take your Electrum master public key and have a bunch of addresses' QRs generated for as many items as you have for sale (including each item's price and title encoded).

I think this a relevant necro. I see things for sale on craigslist.org for BTC, but it is in no way easy or safe to do transactions in this manner in the current c-list environment. Have you tried coinslists.org or coinslist.info or coinslists.com...nevermind, those are not up...yet. What you are looking for is coming soon to a device near you.

If you HODL store it CODL!
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 12:48:38 AM

Easy, no. Just a matter of coding.

Safe, yes. You don't pay BTC until you have the item in front of you and the seller confirms their address and doesn't let you leave with it until confirming receipt of BTC.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Harley997

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 03:32:59 AM

Safe, yes. You don't pay BTC until you have the item in front of you and the seller confirms their address and doesn't let you leave with it until confirming receipt of BTC.
As long as you treat bitcoin as you would treat cash in a CL transaction then bitcoin would be great for CL. The issue is that there are so many scams on CL that people ask to send the bitcoin prior to meeting which is the same as wiring funds to the seller - I shouldn't have to explain further

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 03:42:44 AM

As long as you treat bitcoin as you would treat cash in a CL transaction then bitcoin would be great for CL. The issue is that there are so many scams on CL that people ask to send the bitcoin prior to meeting which is the same as wiring funds to the seller - I shouldn't have to explain further

It's going to be a very long time before Bitcoin becomes an acceptable method of funding on CL, which is why I don't bother with it.

Fiat works just fine.

Corporations For Crypto
Harley997

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 04:16:58 AM

It's going to be a very long time before Bitcoin becomes an acceptable method of funding on CL, which is why I don't bother with it.

Fiat works just fine.
If someone does not have the excess fiat to purchase bitcoin but has excess stuff that they don't need then craigslist can be a great tool to use to try to get some bitcoin and deal locally

PRIMEDICE
pirsquared

Activity: 109

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 05:38:48 AM

For real? I know that you are smooth trader. I've lurked and learned. Seriously though; you got a buyer on craigslist for 100BTC? Recently? Someone handed you $60someoddthousand for 100BTC off craigslist? I follow most of what you post and would like to know more about this.

If you HODL store it CODL!
Harley997

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:15:59 AM

For real? I know that you are smooth trader. I've lurked and learned. Seriously though; you got a buyer on craigslist for 100BTC? Recently? Someone handed you $60someoddthousand for 100BTC off craigslist? I follow most of what you post and would like to know more about this.
I would say that this kind of post (on Craigslist) should be approached with extreme caution. You should really never deal in that large of amounts with a stranger.

PRIMEDICE
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: