Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:30:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 3 Sapphire 6990's for sale. [CLOSED]  (Read 3535 times)
RyanW (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2011, 09:11:02 AM
Last edit: July 19, 2011, 12:52:07 AM by RyanW

Closed

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
inh

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2011, 10:18:22 AM

Shooting you a PM Smiley
Clarithium

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2011, 02:14:26 PM

PM Sent.

I make websites for bitcoins! Will help you host!Click Here
Bitcoin Mining Rigs
1CrNUxx8E9ds1jQ1dexp9FFjhcuUqupdmN
moof

Activity: 49

View Profile
May 19, 2011, 03:09:31 PM

what about shipping to Russia?
RyanW (OP)

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 19, 2011, 07:41:31 PM

I could ship internationally but it will cost more then listed prices. Send me a pm to discuss details.
EPiSKiNG
Legendary

Activity: 800
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 19, 2011, 07:47:11 PM

I could ship internationally but it will cost more then listed prices. Send me a pm to discuss details.

Pm sent.  I call one!   Hopefully two!

EP

YOU CAN TRUST ME! EPiSKiNG-'s COINS!! BUYING / SELLING BTC - USA --- View my OTC Trading Feedback!!
<gribble> You are identified as user EPiSKiNG-, with GPG key id 721730127CD7574D, key fingerprint EBFC267F8F10EFD1FB84854D721730127CD7574D, and bitcoin address 1EPiSKiNG139bzcwTm8rxMFNfFFdanLW5K
InstantBTC

Activity: 77

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2011, 08:37:29 PM

I sent you a PM, looking forward to hearing back from you.

Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2011, 10:43:23 PM

Well folks, I'd be really careful with this transaction.

I've offered to buy all three through Clearcoin, which was refused unless I release Clearcoin after I received the tracking numbers. Since it's easy to generate tracking numbers and never send anything or send empty boxes, that makes it kind of pointless.

To protect against a scam, I offered to transfer cash via Paypal and then he could refund the Paypal and I would send the BTC after I received the cards.  This offer was refused as well.

He suggested that I send half (105 BTC) through Clearcoin and release that after he provided the tracking numbers and then the other half after receiving the cards.  Again, that leaves me out 105 BTC if nothing is shipped, a sizable amount by any measure.

I then offered to transfer the funds to a trusted third party that we both can agree on, which was refused.  I then offered to just buy them outright on Paypal AND cover the fees, so there would be no cost or hassle to him... this, too, was refused.  One of the replies stated that if he can't find anyone to trust him on here (meaning send him $1400+ in BTC anonymously), he would eBay them or post them on OCN.  So... he is willing to eBay them and pay eBay fees and Paypal fees, but he's not willing to sell for Paypal outright with the fees being covered?  Umm, hello?

Not saying this guy is scamming, but it basically flags every single tickmark in the "This is probably a scam" brochure.

1. Just signed up with the forum today. Check
2. First thread is selling exceptionally desirable equipment for exceptionally good prices. Check
3. Wants payment up front. Check
4. Won't deal with any sort of method that protects the buyer. Check
5. Won't take PPUSD. Check

I even offered up my name, home address and phone number so that he knows I'm legit, but nothing will sway him.  This could be legitimate, but the fact that he's willing to sell on eBay (and consequently Paypal) and have to absorb those fees, but he's not willing to sell with the fees covered basically sealed the fact for me that there is something hinky going on here.

Buyer beware is all I have to say.  Not trying to denigrate anyone or threadcrap, but there's nothing to make me feel comfortable with this deal at all.  Maybe someone will get a smoking deal by taking a chance, but that person is not, apparently, going to be me.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
InstantBTC

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2011, 11:00:41 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2011, 11:13:17 PM by InstantBTC

@Inaba Thanks you just convinced me to steer clear as well, unless he can be more lenient towards people who can prove their worth.

happyland

Activity: 53

View Profile
May 19, 2011, 11:30:28 PM

I would also like to say for the record that I have also tried the following with this seller:
-Offered to use clearcoin, he declined saying it's too easy for the buyer to screw over the seller this way
-Offered to have him list them on eBay with a buy-it-now, that way we are both protected, he declined as well
-Offered to use a trusted third party on the forum to mediate, this was also declined

Agreed that this is very suspicious...
Well folks, I'd be really careful with this transaction.

I've offered to buy all three through Clearcoin, which was refused unless I release Clearcoin after I received the tracking numbers. Since it's easy to generate tracking numbers and never send anything or send empty boxes, that makes it kind of pointless.

To protect against a scam, I offered to transfer cash via Paypal and then he could refund the Paypal and I would send the BTC after I received the cards.  This offer was refused as well.

He suggested that I send half (105 BTC) through Clearcoin and release that after he provided the tracking numbers and then the other half after receiving the cards.  Again, that leaves me out 105 BTC if nothing is shipped, a sizable amount by any measure.

I then offered to transfer the funds to a trusted third party that we both can agree on, which was refused.  I then offered to just buy them outright on Paypal AND cover the fees, so there would be no cost or hassle to him... this, too, was refused.  One of the replies stated that if he can't find anyone to trust him on here (meaning send him $1400+ in BTC anonymously), he would eBay them or post them on OCN.  So... he is willing to eBay them and pay eBay fees and Paypal fees, but he's not willing to sell for Paypal outright with the fees being covered?  Umm, hello?

Not saying this guy is scamming, but it basically flags every single tickmark in the "This is probably a scam" brochure.

1. Just signed up with the forum today. Check
2. First thread is selling exceptionally desirable equipment for exceptionally good prices. Check
3. Wants payment up front. Check
4. Won't deal with any sort of method that protects the buyer. Check
5. Won't take PPUSD. Check

I even offered up my name, home address and phone number so that he knows I'm legit, but nothing will sway him.  This could be legitimate, but the fact that he's willing to sell on eBay (and consequently Paypal) and have to absorb those fees, but he's not willing to sell with the fees covered basically sealed the fact for me that there is something hinky going on here.

Buyer beware is all I have to say.  Not trying to denigrate anyone or threadcrap, but there's nothing to make me feel comfortable with this deal at all.  Maybe someone will get a smoking deal by taking a chance, but that person is not, apparently, going to be me.

inh

Activity: 155

View Profile
May 19, 2011, 11:54:19 PM

I'd really like these cards too, but all the effort to avoid all the reasonable offers has me sketched.
sc8nt4u

Activity: 286
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2011, 11:58:08 PM

Sounds fishy. Jump ship everyone!
Rysterf

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 20, 2011, 01:09:20 AM

I hope no one falls for this.  Sad
Jere.Jones

Activity: 121

View Profile
May 20, 2011, 01:39:50 AM

Well, I did fall for this.  May be my trusting nature, but we'll see.  I have sent him the 210 BTC as can be seen here:

http://blockexplorer.com/address/1CUkXvEbAgWAqtJockjXyJBu91TY5CHhen

Whether he is honest, or not, I'll report back and let y'all know.

Of course, an immediate confirmation of dishonesty would be if he accepted payment from anyone else as well.  Did anyone else ship him any BTC?  Without someone else buying it as well, I choose to be optimistic for now.  The last time I trusted someone from these forums (gusti), it worked out well.  I hope this one will too.

Jere

sc8nt4u

Activity: 286

View Profile
May 20, 2011, 01:41:21 AM

Well, I did fall for this.  May be my trusting nature, but we'll see.  I have sent him the 210 BTC as can be seen here:

http://blockexplorer.com/address/1CUkXvEbAgWAqtJockjXyJBu91TY5CHhen

Whether he is honest, or not, I'll report back and let y'all know.

Of course, an immediate confirmation of dishonesty would be if he accepted payment from anyone else as well.  Did anyone else ship him any BTC?  Without someone else buying it as well, I choose to be optimistic for now.  The last time I trusted someone from these forums (gusti), it worked out well.  I hope this one will too.

Jere

Gusti has a very good reputation though. Good luck, and keep us posted.
Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2011, 04:44:46 AM

Following this, hope you don't get scammed. Pretty trusting.
I hope you at least got verified contact info.

moneyandtech.com
@moneyandtech @jeredkenna
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2011, 03:29:11 PM

The fact that he hasn't posted here to defend himself is a bit strange as well. If I were legit, I'd have said something and kept people posted in this thread to build my rep.  Good luck man, I hope you get your smokin' deal on these cards.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
InstantBTC

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2011, 05:00:41 PM

Now, I could be wrong but on that block explorer I see that he has been sent 80 btc from one address, and 210 from another address, it looks like he is overselling a supply that I am doubtful he actually has Sad

Here is the shortlink or just click the link above, I personally dont have much experience with block explorer so I don't know for sure.
http://blockexplorer.com/a/5mk53fpmKc

happyland

Activity: 53

View Profile
May 20, 2011, 06:15:59 PM

Now, I could be wrong but on that block explorer I see that he has been sent 80 btc from one address, and 210 from another address, it looks like he is overselling a supply that I am doubtful he actually has Sad

Here is the shortlink or just click the link above, I personally dont have much experience with block explorer so I don't know for sure.
http://blockexplorer.com/a/5mk53fpmKc

Nope, from the looks of it he received 130 and then 80 in separate transactions.
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2011, 10:13:11 PM

I would not assume this has gone bad quite yet.  He closed the topic and it is not sure that he got more then the total asking price. 

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: