Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:44:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Emma Meme: SEMANTIC ISSUES NEEDS RESOLVING ~ Please Help!  (Read 13246 times)
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 04:54:40 PM

Satoshi Nakamoto, faceless, extremely anonymous, and shy, with an unknown home of abounding hashish, plotted to demolish some of the worst shortcomings of Fiat; and had endured for many years on the Internets, intending very much to distress and vaporize banknotes.
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dancupid

Activity: 955
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 04:56:41 PM

Satoshi Nakamoto, faceless, extremely anonymous, and shy, with an unknown home of abounding alacrity, plotted to demolish some of the worst shortcomings of Fiat; and had endured for many years on the Internets, intending very much to distress and vaporize banknotes.

'cried Miss Crawford with alacrity' Mansfield Park. Jane Austen
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2012, 04:58:52 PM

Satoshi Nakamoto, faceless, extremely anonymous, and shy, with an unknown home of abounding alacrity, plotted to demolish some of the worst shortcomings of Fiat; and had endured for many years on the Internets, intending very much to distress and vaporize banknotes.

'cried Miss Crawford with alacrity' Mansfield Park. Jane Austen

That's the spirit! (although I needed to Google that--EXCELLENT!) Hopefully, the resulting paragraph does succumb to a too heavy laden verbiage one.

We're damn close now. Maybe only a few more, and we may complete the task.

~Bruno~
Gladamas

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Bitcoin today is what the internet was in 1998.

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 05:03:24 PM

Satoshi Nakamoto, faceless, extremely anonymous, and shy, with an unknown home of abounding alacrity, plotted to demolish some of the worst shortcomings of Fiat; and had endured for many years on the Internets, intending very much to replace and vaporize banknotes.

1GLADMZ5tL4HkS6BAWPfJLeZJCDHAd9Fr3 - LQ6Zx8v7fHVBiDX5Lmhbp6oEDB7dUFjANu
GPG 0xF219D5BB3C467E12 - Litecoin Forum
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2012, 05:05:00 PM

Satoshi Nakamoto, faceless, extremely anonymous, perhaps shy, with an unknown home of abounding alacrity, plotted to demolish some of the worst shortcomings of Fiat; and had endured for many years on the Internets, intending very much to replace and vaporize banknotes.
fatigue

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Bitcoin is a food group.

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 05:12:36 PM

Satoshi Nakamoto, faceless, extremely anonymous, perhaps shy, with an unknown home of abounding alacrity, plotted to pulverize some of the worst shortcomings of Fiat; and had endured for many years on the Internets, intending very much to replace and vaporize banknotes.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2012, 05:14:48 PM

Satoshi Nakamoto, faceless, extremely anonymous, perhaps shy, with an unknown home of abounding alacrity, advocated to pulverize some of the worst shortcomings of Fiat; and had endured for many years on the Internets, intending very much to replace and vaporize banknotes.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 05:16:42 PM

Satoshi Nakamoto, faceless, extremely anonymous, perhaps shy, with an unknown home of abounding alacrity, advocated to pulverize every of the worst shortcomings of Fiat; and had endured for many years on the Internets, intending very much to replace and vaporize banknotes.
Gladamas

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 05:18:48 PM

Satoshi Nakamoto, faceless, extremely anonymous, perhaps shy, with an unknown home of abounding alacrity, advocated to pulverize every of the worst shortcomings of Fiat; and had endured for many years on the Internets, intending very much to replace and vaporize centralization.

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2012, 05:20:14 PM

Satoshi Nakamoto, faceless, extremely anonymous, perhaps shy, with an unknown home of abounding alacrity, advocated to pulverize all of the worst shortcomings of Fiat; and had endured for many years on the Internets, intending very much to replace and vaporize centralization.

According to http://www.wordcounttool.com/, we somehow added a word. The word count went from 40 to 41, therefore I strikethrough the word for.

~Bruno~
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 05:20:35 PM

Satoshi Nakamoto, faceless, extremely anonymous, perhaps shy, with an unknown home of abounding alacrity, advocated to pulverize every of the worst shortcomings of Fiat; and had endured for many years on the Internets, intending very much to replace and vaporize banknotes.

grammar fail

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Gladamas

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 05:22:22 PM

grammar fail

It would be every shortcoming, I presume, but we would lose words.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 05:22:51 PM

grammar fail
Brain fart.  Wink
It's 1.22 AM here, but it might be due the test I'm studying for.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2012, 05:24:25 PM

grammar fail
Brain fart.  Wink
It's 1.22 AM here, but it might be due the test I'm studying for.

I already fixed it.

Satoshi Nakamoto, faceless, extremely anonymous, perhaps shy, with an unknown home of abounding alacrity, advocated to pulverize all of the worst shortcomings of Fiat; and had endured many years on the Internets, intending very much to replace and vaporize centralization.

How close are we into getting a consensus?
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 05:33:23 PM

Thanks for the quick save.  Grin

Satoshi Nakamoto, faceless, extremely anonymous, perhaps shy, with an unknown home of abounding alacrity, advocated to pulverize all of the worst shortcomings of Fiat; and had endured uncountable years on the Internets, intending very much to replace and vaporize centralization.
ludo0777

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2012, 06:03:03 PM

Satoshi Nakamoto, faceless, extremely anonymous, perhaps shy, with an unknown home of abounding alacrity, advocated to pulverize all of the worst shortcomings of Fiat; and had endured uncountable years on the Internet, intending very much to replace and destroy centralization.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2012, 06:05:53 PM

Satoshi Nakamoto, faceless, extremely anonymous, perhaps shy, with an unknown home of abounding alacrity, advocated to pulverize all of the worst shortcomings of Fiat; and had endured uncountable years on the Internets, intending very much to replace and vaporize centralization.

Should Fiat be capitalized and should quotation marks be used?

And if we eliminated of in "all of the worst", what and where should a new word be placed?

Does the resulting paragraph so far personify Satoshi Nakamoto in a factual light?

~Bruno~
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2012, 06:08:39 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2012, 07:11:25 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

Satoshi Nakamoto, faceless, extremely anonymous, perhaps shy, with an unknown home of abounding alacrity, advocated to pulverize all of the worst shortcomings of Fiat; and had endured uncountable years on the Internet, intending very much to replace and destroy centralization.

Do we believe that it was Satoshi's intent to destroy(?) centralization or centralized banking?

Is the following accurate? (jumping ahead)

Satoshi Nakamoto, faceless, notably anonymous, perhaps shy, with an unknown home of abounding alacrity, advocated to void all the worst shortcomings of fiat currency; and endured uncountable years on the Internet(s) intending, most likely, to replace and liquidate centralized banking.

Don't worry too much of how the resulting paragraph above was generated via one word at time, but concentrate on the final 40-word-count paragraph being accurate. Once the task is completed, I'll be able to outline how we achieved the final result.
teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 11:36:55 PM

I have no idea about this thread..

But!

"I am the very model of a modern Major-General,
I've information vegetable, animal, and mineral,
I know the kings of England, and I quote the fights historical
From Marathon to Waterloo, in order categorical;a
I'm very well acquainted, too, with matters mathematical,
I understand equations, both the simple and quadratical,
About binomial theorem I'm teeming with a lot o' news,
With many cheerful facts about the square of the hypotenuse.
I'm very good at integral and differential calculus;
I know the scientific names of beings animalculous:
In short, in matters vegetable, animal, and mineral,
I am the very model of a modern Major-General.
I know our mythic history, King Arthur's and Sir Caradoc's;
I answer hard acrostics, I've a pretty taste for paradox,
I quote in elegiacs all the crimes of Heliogabalus,
In conics I can floor peculiarities parabolous;
I can tell undoubted Raphaels from Gerard Dows and Zoffanies,
I know the croaking chorus from The Frogs of Aristophanes!b
Then I can hum a fugue of which I've heard the music's din afore,c
And whistle all the airs from that infernal nonsense Pinafore.
Then I can write a washing bill in Babylonic cuneiform,
And tell you ev'ry detail of Caractacus's uniform:d
In short, in matters vegetable, animal, and mineral,
I am the very model of a modern Major-General.
In fact, when I know what is meant by "mamelon" and "ravelin",
When I can tell at sight a Mauser rifle from a Javelin,e
When such affairs as sorties and surprises I'm more wary at,
And when I know precisely what is meant by "commissariat",
When I have learnt what progress has been made in modern gunnery,
When I know more of tactics than a novice in a nunnery—
In short, when I've a smattering of elemental strategy—
You'll say a better Major-General has never sat a gee.
For my military knowledge, though I'm plucky and adventury,
Has only been brought down to the beginning of the century;
But still, in matters vegetable, animal, and mineral,
I am the very model of a modern Major-General."

Your welcome..

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
Gladamas

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 11:55:12 PM

Satoshi Nakamoto, faceless, notably anonymous, perhaps shy, with an unknown home of abounding alacrity, advocated to void all the worst shortcomings of fiat currency; and endured uncountable years on the Internet(s) intending, most likely, to replace and liquidate centralized banking.

Repetitive.

Better word?

Satoshi Nakamoto, faceless, notably anonymous, perhaps shy, with an unknown home of abounding alacrity, advocated to void all [of] the worst shortcomings of fiat currency (by intending to eliminate centralized banking); and endured uncountable years on the Internet(s) intending, most likely, to replace and liquidate centralized banking.

Dispose? Discharge? Relieve? Abrogate? Supplant?

Satoshi Nakamoto, faceless, notably anonymous, perhaps shy, with an unknown home of abounding alacrity, advocated to void all the worst shortcomings of fiat currency; and endured [for] uncountable years on the Internet(s) intending, most likely, to replace and liquidate centralized banking (with a decentralized system).

Supplant?

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: