Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:42:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] ★ VESCUDERO's Risk-free Weekly Term deposits at 1.5% ★  (Read 34978 times)
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 02:08:02 AM
Last edit: September 03, 2012, 02:32:12 AM by psy

WTF is that Micon? Is that him? Did you even bother looking at the photos before saying he wasn't there?
As usual Micon pulls accusations out of his ASS and expects others to do the work for him. Is that the way you play poker also? It would explain the failure...
Stop embarassing yourself, you fool. You wouldn't see an elephant even if it was in front of you blocking your path on a tunnel.

Now for a little more embarassment:
http://itsmf.es/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=755:v-curso-de-verano-de-itsmf-espana&catid=79:noticias&Itemid=401
11:30       Panel Expertos: El Gestor del Servicio (Service Manager) pdf Solo-Fans
Modera: Victor M. Fernández / SANITAS
Participan:
- Raul Núñez / GFI
- Víctor Escudero / Altran
- Javier Pérez Pacheco / DMS
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
phantitox

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 05:27:32 AM

you tweeted on Jun 29th that you were going to speak in a Panel of Experts.  Did you ever do that?

Quote from: @VEscudero
Victor Escudero ‏@VEscudero
I'm gonna be one of the speakers in the next Panel of Experts organized by itSMF #itsmfes: Role of the Service Manager. http://bit.ly/LFR6li

Yeah, please read the post I wrote at the end of July in the post of this same thread.
Please take a look and search for 'Víctor Escudero' in the page of the event.

odd... you don't appear in any of the pictures from this speaking engagement:

http://itsmf.es/index.php?option=com_phocagallery&view=category&id=71:curso-de-verano-2012&Itemid=439

smart move champ... lol
StrictlyBusiness

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 08:43:48 AM

Deposit sent, I would like my payments to be added to my deposit if poss?
johnlu

Activity: 471
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 02:46:40 PM

I can easily prove you are running a scam and your identity if fraudulent:

1)  you have ~2500 BTC on deposit you have borrowed this at 1.5% per week - or about 140 BTC per month in interest owed.  Simply, do you make more or less than 140 BTC per month?

2) https://www.facebook.com/vescudero  is this your personal Facebook account?

Micon, I met vescudero (Víctor Escudero) in Madrid in the first bitcoin party in Spain, he looks like you can see in his profile pic. He's a real person, he signed my CaCert certificate, my gpg footprint and I saw his goverment issued identification card and his Spanish driver license.

I'm totally sure about his identity is real.
sadpandatech

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 02:54:58 PM

My real name is Victor Escudero, I am a CAcert assurer and I have nothing to hide. Reputation and trust are of utmost importance in my day-to-day job as well as in my personal life. If you have any doubt about deposit your money with me, I encourage you to check my GnuPG signatures, see my #bitcoin-otc ratings, check my professional profile at LinkedIn, visit my personal website, Twitter account, Facebook account, bitcoinary profile or simply read my previous posts in the bitcointalk.org forum.[/color]

Hi Vescudero.

Since you have nothing to hide, I see on your LinkedIN profile that you work for Altran.  A friend of mine is a consultant for them.  What division of Altran do you work in?  Where are you stationed?

you tweeted on Jun 29th that you were going to speak in a Panel of Experts.  Did you ever do that?

Quote from: @VEscudero
Victor Escudero ‏@VEscudero
I'm gonna be one of the speakers in the next Panel of Experts organized by itSMF #itsmfes: Role of the Service Manager. http://bit.ly/LFR6li
Collapse
 Reply  Retweet  Favorite
11:39 AM - 29 Jun 12 · Details

Since you're too fucking lazy to click the link provided;
"11:30   Panel Expertos: El Gestor del Servicio (Service Manager) Expert Panel: The Service Manager (Service Manager)   
Modera: Victor M. Moderator: Victor M. Fernández / SANITAS Fernandez / SANITAS
Participan: Participants:
- Raul Núñez / GFI - Raul Nunez / GFI
- Víctor Escudero / Altran - Victor Escudero / Altran
 "
and a link to the site in English; http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://www.itsmf.es/index.php%3Foption%3Dcom_content%26view%3Darticle%26id%3D755&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://itsmf.es/index.php%253Foption%253Dcom_content%2526view%253Darticle%2526id%253D755%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1363%26bih%3D850%26prmd%3Dimvns&sa=X&ei=CsREUJGYD5H68QSpjoGwDg&ved=0CCUQ7gEwAA

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 03:02:16 PM

I think they're scams, too. It is impossible to get risk-free 1.5% weekly interest, I don't care how good you are at "playing the market" or "choosing who to lend to."
If the operator is taking 100% of the risk of default, why would he want to settle for a sliver of the profit? It makes no sense. If he had the funds to insure the investors against default, why wouldn't he just lend those? It just doesn't make any sense.

I also find it very strange that he thinks he will be "slowly building [his] reputation here" by operating what looks precisely like a scam. If he's right, that's an incredibly sad commentary on this community.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 03:30:17 PM
Last edit: September 03, 2012, 04:03:42 PM by memvola

I think they're scams, too. It is impossible to get risk-free 1.5% weekly interest, I don't care how good you are at "playing the market" or "choosing who to lend to."
If the operator is taking 100% of the risk of default, why would he want to settle for a sliver of the profit? It makes no sense. If he had the funds to insure the investors against default, why wouldn't he just lend those? It just doesn't make any sense.

Depends on the volume. My net worth is probably a few hundred thousand Euros, mostly real estate, and my more liquid assets are also safely invested. If I had decided to test the grounds with an operation worth to the degree of twenty thousand Euros, like Vescudero, it wouldn't make any sense for me to sell my real estate, but I can still safely guarantee the investments. Now, since two complementary things don't make any sense, the universe has to disappear.

I also find it very strange that he thinks he will be "slowly building [his] reputation here" by operating what looks precisely like a scam. If he's right, that's an incredibly sad commentary on this community.

Yeah, not that this scheme smells like a scam to me, but there is a fair point in there I guess.

EDIT: By the way, we are either talking about 78% yearly interest or 117% weekly (assumed cumulative, but I suspect Vescudero doesn't do that?), both of which aren't unheard of in the "typical" financial world. Actually I got more than 100% on my mundane deposits for several years from my bank in the '90's, when the inflation rates were high (admittedly they were twice as high of Bitcoin's). One more reason it doesn't scream scam to me.
Minor

Activity: 85

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 06:51:42 PM

VEscudero,
It does seem to me that this high interest deposits offer is not a scam per see, and that your are indeed trying to build up your good reputation in the Bitcoin community.

But are you bleeding BTCs to do it?

Assuming that you do actually fully intend to pay the promised interest, and repay the capital when requested, it seems to me that the only way you will be able to do so is by digging into your own BTC reserves.

So far I have seen two of the investments that you have made with the coins that people have lent to you:
- A 100BTC investment in pyramining that has a claimed (but risky) expected return of about 10% in 11 months, or about 0.2% per week.
- An unknown amount lent at 1.75% per week (but you were paying 2% per week at the time).
Neither of these is generating a positive cash flow when compared to the interests that you have to pay out.

Can you show us (or at least describe) an investment that you made with the borrowed coins that gives you a better than 1.5% return per week?
If you don't, some people will just assume that you are trying to buy yourself a good reputation.
(Should *that* be considered a scam?).
BadBitcoin (James Sutton)
Donator

Activity: 452
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 07:17:11 PM

I just wanted to comment in this thread because I had an interesting thing happen to me today, I wanted to redeposit 50 BTC with ves, however he denyed my deposit because he considers his current volume large enough. I commend him for this and his foresight in knowing his own limitations. Micron can say whatever he wants, but from this day forward (and beforehand) I believe vescudero to be an honest business man, or at the very least, not a ponzi.
amgomez

Activity: 727
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 07:33:37 PM

Mining bonds at GLBSE offer even higher returns than Vescudero deposits, and nobody question them.

I admit perpetual bonds are not the same as deposits, but they probe those returns per week are possible without being a ponzi.
JoelKatz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2012, 01:44:08 AM

Depends on the volume. My net worth is probably a few hundred thousand Euros, mostly real estate, and my more liquid assets are also safely invested. If I had decided to test the grounds with an operation worth to the degree of twenty thousand Euros, like Vescudero, it wouldn't make any sense for me to sell my real estate, but I can still safely guarantee the investments. Now, since two complementary things don't make any sense, the universe has to disappear.
It still makes more sense to borrow against the real estate and use that. So this translates into, "I make so much money in my genius business plan that I can assume all the risk, keep only a tiny sliver of the profits, and the people I choose to share my bounty with -- those who would invest in something that looks exactly like a Ponzi scheme".

Mining bonds at GLBSE offer even higher returns than Vescudero deposits, and nobody question them.
Show me one that promises over 20% APR and claims no or low risk and I will question it.

Gladamas

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Bitcoin today is what the internet was in 1998.

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 01:56:15 AM

Show me one that promises over 20% APR and claims no or low risk and I will question it.

Do you really think that mining bonds are scams?

1GLADMZ5tL4HkS6BAWPfJLeZJCDHAd9Fr3 - LQ6Zx8v7fHVBiDX5Lmhbp6oEDB7dUFjANu
GPG 0xF219D5BB3C467E12 - Litecoin Forum
nimda

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 01:57:33 AM

It still makes more sense to borrow against the real estate and use that. So this translates into, "I make so much money in my genius business plan that I can assume all the risk, keep only a tiny sliver of the profits, and the people I choose to share my bounty with -- those who would invest in something that looks exactly like a Ponzi scheme".

https://glbse.com/asset/view/GIGAMINING ?
JoelKatz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2012, 02:27:37 AM

https://glbse.com/asset/view/GIGAMINING ?
Do you see any claim of low or no risk? It sounds to me like you're fully exposed to the risk that ASICs will shoot the difficulty through the roof.

Mosrite

Activity: 70

sealswithclubs.eu

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 07:30:25 AM

I just wanted to comment in this thread because I had an interesting thing happen to me today, I wanted to redeposit 50 BTC with ves, however he denyed my deposit because he considers his current volume large enough. I commend him for this and his foresight in knowing his own limitations. Micron can say whatever he wants, but from this day forward (and beforehand) I believe vescudero to be an honest business man, or at the very least, not a ponzi.

Straight from the Bernard L. Madoff playbook. "Not accepting new accounts/deposits at this time."

learn, chat and play with me at sealswithclubs.eu
dust

Activity: 840

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2012, 07:34:58 AM

I admit perpetual bonds are not the same as deposits, but they probe those returns per week are possible without being a ponzi.
Mining bonds are expected to decrease in value over time, so this offsets the high interest payments.  They are also exposed to risks like new mining technologies becoming available.

Pirate did this too.

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
flix
Legendary

Activity: 1227

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 07:39:44 AM

Not really impossible.. it's just very difficult to do so consistently for more than a few months. I've witnessed first hand much higher rates of return for a 6 month period (then they crashed).

Of course if vescudero stops and returns the funds as soon as his arbitrage opportunity disappears, or his trading strategy stops working, assuming the last batch of losses himself, then this can work well for him as a reputation-building exercise. If he expects to do this indefinitely... then it'll probably end up as a ponzi, especially if he tries to cover any losses with more deposits.

So far I've received interest for 3 weeks,  am quite happy with this and think that it's legit. But caution is always advisable.
flix
Legendary

Activity: 1227

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 07:54:46 AM

Of course at 1.5% weekly, you would need this to last 67 weeks to recoup your investment...
Micon
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2012, 12:06:34 PM

Not really impossible.. it's just very difficult to do so consistently for more than a few months. I've witnessed first hand much higher rates of return for a 6 month period (then they crashed).

Of course if vescudero stops and returns the funds as soon as his arbitrage opportunity disappears, or his trading strategy stops working, assuming the last batch of losses himself, then this can work well for him as a reputation-building exercise. If he expects to do this indefinitely... then it'll probably end up as a ponzi, especially if he tries to cover any losses with more deposits.

So far I've received interest for 3 weeks,  am quite happy with this and think that it's legit. But caution is always advisable.

I have seen this line of thinking before.  It is important to understand there is no underlying business unit here - weekly interest only comes from new investment. 

Veescudero's "arbitrage opportunity" is a myth - think about it guys - there is only 1 exchange of any size.

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
Fortega

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

bitcoinAdd.net

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2012, 01:47:09 PM

weekly interest only comes from new investment. 

Unless you can prove this, you should not use such statements.
Although I appreciate the fact that you are trying to warn people, you should say: 'I think this is a ponzi' or 'I strongly believe this is a ponzi' or 'If this is not a ponzi, I will give you all my money*', but not 'This is a ponzi'

*In case this turns out not to be a ponzi: 1FortegasBd9B255YygTEYTT7GXFjsfqii

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: