Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:21:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] ★ VESCUDERO's Risk-free Weekly Term deposits at 1.5% ★  (Read 34972 times)
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 10:29:49 PM

Your the kid no one wants around but you need to hang with because his parents called your parents aren't you?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Shadow383

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 01:03:14 AM

*more accusations*

There's a full list of users with deposits on page 1 - there are a lot of fairly big users in there.
Can't you just settle for the fact that you were wrong about this one for once?
StrictlyBusiness

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 01:08:41 AM

Deposit plus interest paid. Will do business again
CharlieContent

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 01:22:21 AM

Your the kid no one wants around but you need to hang with because his parents called your parents aren't you?

What are you, a fucking idiot? Maybe if you had listened to this guy you wouldn't have lost so much money in ponzi schemes.
Ponies

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 04:19:28 AM

I don't think victor needs to use a bunch of shill accounts. There are clearly more than enough morons on this forum to deposit into any scam that shows up.

He could be going for a bigger scam
He could have run a successful ponzi pass thru by depositing and getting out in time
He could just be taking everyones money and betting it on satoshi dice and got lucky

The fact that he paid out does not make this a good investment.
memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 08:37:28 AM

What are you, a fucking idiot? Maybe if you had listened to this guy you wouldn't have lost so much money in ponzi schemes.

You are right that fixed interest schemes should automatically be suspected. But Victor's program was well within the acceptable range.

The problem is, the community went a bit too euphoric and suffered for it. This is the same pattern with the 2011 crash. Micon's mania is also analogous to the same problem. He's now onto defaming "supposed" newbies, some of which have been members of this forum a year longer than vescudero.
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 09:18:22 AM

I don't think victor needs to use a bunch of shill accounts. There are clearly more than enough morons on this forum to deposit into any scam that shows up.

He could be going for a bigger scam
He could have run a successful ponzi pass thru by depositing and getting out in time
He could just be taking everyones money and betting it on satoshi dice and got lucky

The fact that he paid out does not make this a good investment.

+1
Assuming the list in the OP is correct, it seems viktor paid out 400-450 BTC in interest. Thats substantial, but not a huge amount to invest in your credibility if you plan on doing another Pirate.

The OP might give a clue here: "Why do I offer such a high interest for my 100% guaranteed deposit? I am interested in slowly building my reputation here as a bitcoin trader". Weird reason if you ask me.

My prediction: within a month viktor will start another round, with lower interest rates, perhaps even without guarantee. And he will have no problems collecting far far more than 450 BTC.
mrb
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2012, 10:41:30 AM

*more accusations*

There's a full list of users with deposits on page 1 - there are a lot of fairly big users in there.

May I remind you that pirateat40 also had stellar reputation over multiple months before his theft. He also had fairly big depositors. He also had supporters, people just like you, ardently arguing that pirateat40 always paid, and that, therefore, there is no way he was going to turn out to be a fraudster.

The rest is history.

My guess is, based on your broken logic, you would have supported pirateat40 as well at the time, am I right? Think about that very deeply. And try to understand why your logic is broken.

Bottom line, there is no free money. 1.5% weekly == 117% yearly. There is almost no way Vescudero is legit, especially when his operations match almost all the Ponzi red flags established by the US SEC, which I keep quoting again and again: http://www.sec.gov/answers/ponzi.htm

I was right about pirateat40. I will be right about Vescudero again. Gullible investors will continue to lose their coins  Sad
OneEyed
aka aurele

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2012, 11:19:47 AM

Bottom line, there is no free money. 1.5% weekly == 117% yearly. There is almost no way Vescudero is legit, especially when his operations match almost all the Ponzi red flags established by the US SEC, which I keep quoting again and again: http://www.sec.gov/answers/ponzi.htm

You forgot a few things: first of all, the interests were not compounding, so this is not 1.5% weekly => 117% yearly, but 1.5% weekly => 78% early. Moreover, it ran for what, 10 weeks? So it means 20% max if it had been at 2% all along (which is not the case). This would mean a maximum investment of 748 BTC if Victor had to pay everything out of his pocket and everyone had kept their investment for the maximum time at a rate of 2%, or 655 BTC at a average rate of 1.75%. That's not really a big deal, and in reality the interests were probably lower than that (the detailed computation can be performed from the published data).

When he started doing this, it was easy to loan money at 3% a week, and get it back. Assuming Victor did this, I guess he started to build a reserve with the extra interests he got. When the other people rate went down, Victor promised interest rates also went from 2% to 1.5%. He probably had difficulties when others started to fail. He may even have had to compensate some defaults by buying more bitcoins himself. He wanted, as he announced it, to establish himself as someone that could be trusted. So far, he took upon himself to give everybody their money back with the promised interests, even if he probably endured a loss by doing so.

Moreover, you also forget that Victor gave his personal information, verified by several people, along with pictures, including at public events, we know where it works, I think Micon had it checked by a friend of his from his employer internal directory, so yes, this increases the confidence.

If Victor was to start a venture in the bitcoin world, I now think more people would trust him than before, because he stood by his word, with not a single deviation from the beginning, although a good part of the bitcoin world broke loose at the same time. I certainly would trust him more than before. Maybe I'm gullible, but what kind of guarantee would satisfy you?

Everyone is a *potential* scammer. Heck, I may even have dealt with people on #bitcoin-otc and used my real and public identity to do that to instill confidence, but nobody (not even me) can predict what the future will be made of! Even the most trusted person can become crazy. What you need if you want to ensure you will not be scammed is regulations (k out of n signatures for example), because you can never know what a person will do next, even if you think you can guess so.

memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 11:32:15 AM

*more accusations*
May I remind you that pirateat40 also had stellar reputation over multiple months before his theft. He also had fairly big depositors. He also had supporters, people just like you, ardently arguing that pirateat40 always paid, and that, therefore, there is no way he was going to turn out to be a fraudster.

If I recall correctly, Shadow383 was one of the most vocal people against pirate.

Since there are so many people that are certain of vescudero's nefarious intentions, I think we need a new bet. How should the wording be to make sure you don't skip because of technicalities? Scammer label till mid 2013? A new scheme and then default till mid 2013? Longer?
CharlieContent

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 03:13:58 PM

You forgot a few things: first of all, the interests were not compounding, so this is not 1.5% weekly => 117% yearly, but 1.5% weekly => 78%

Wow, you're right. That's much more reasonable. It must be totally above board with that kind of rate.

Maybe I'm gullible

Um gee, ya think?
Shadow383

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 04:16:47 PM

My guess is, based on your broken logic, you would have supported pirateat40 as well at the time, am I right? Think about that very deeply. And try to understand why your logic is broken.

Nope.
This guy had it right:

If I recall correctly, Shadow383 was one of the most vocal people against pirate.

I actually didn't have any coin with Victor at all as I was suspicious that it would turn out to be a scam, or that he had hidden ponzi exposure as Patrick did and would wind up insolvent in the same way.

However, the guy has paid back every investor in full. If he shortly launches another larger deposit scheme let's judge that one then. For now though, there's no reason to believe that he's going to do so.
If you're going to go around targeting scammers, check out the bullshit RustyRyan's trying to pull  Cheesy
johnlu

Activity: 471
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 05:13:15 PM

I'm sick of all of these guys talking about a scam that didn't take place and about a hipothetycal case when somebody would do a new scam in future based on his well gained reputation thanks to this succeeded bussiness.

I need to tell you something, this is over. This thread is not needed anymore.

I'm unwatching this thread.
VEscudero (OP)
Donator

Activity: 335

Bitcoin, Ripple & Blockchain pioneer

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2012, 10:51:44 PM
Last edit: October 17, 2012, 11:08:18 PM by vescudero

Now it's time to close this thread.

As I previously announced, in the next months I will focus my attention on conventional trading, providing liquidity to the bitcoin market. I will be buying bitcoins at a discount rate and selling them for a small fee.

I encourage you to follow this trading activites in this new thread in the currency exchange section.

https://www.vescudero.net   ★ VEscudero's Blog about cybersecurity, blockchain, bitcoin and open source ★
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19]  All
  Print  

Jump to: