Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:18:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitForce SC - Pre order delay  (Read 9479 times)
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 06:27:40 AM

I don't have enough BTC, just cash so no ASIC for me. The wait is going to be too long when they accept dollars.
My exact problem. I trade my BTC right into USD to help pay bills. But I guess I could withdraw from my bank and buy Bitcoins. Should have bought weeks ago when they were cheap... damn.

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
KyleH

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 06:34:52 AM

cool
Miner99er

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 06:43:06 AM

Someone wanna explain to me how to get into the pre-order tomorrow?

I took a look at the bit-pay site and couldn't sign up cause I'm not a merchant of any sort.

Bought From Yochdogx2, Alexmat, SgtSpike, David_Benz, Beaflag VonRathburg, Slaveindebt, Cptmooseinc, Coinhoarder

Donations? SURE! 16foPr8FAjYXKL8ApQAzihnigXm1qNhi8Q

http://pyramining.com/referral/yfab9med7   
http://pyramining.com/referral/ahmc7en6z
http://pyramining.com/referral/pagndq4xc   
http://pyramining.com/referral/79b2gmrzx
http://pyramining.com/referral/e2ghz4asy
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 06:52:18 AM

I suppose visit BFL's site tomorrow sometime.Or maybe they"ll post info here on how to................

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
mufa23
Legendary

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 06:54:58 AM

We can't because BFL hasn't released how to yet. They will explain how to in the coming days. Lurk Moar.

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
BitPay Business Solutions

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2012, 06:55:25 AM

I took a look at the bit-pay site and couldn't sign up cause I'm not a merchant of any sort.

Buyers do not need to register with Bit Pay or have any type of account with Bit Pay.

Our merchant service works with every bitcoin wallet. just have your wallet up to date with the block chain and have enough BTC to make the purchase Smiley

BitPay : The World Leader in Bitcoin Business Solutions

https://bitpay.com

Does your website accept bitcoins?
roomservice

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 06:59:42 AM

What will happen, if BFL is unable to deliver those products in time (what is currently expected to happen) and customers want their BTC back while USD price per BTC already rise to 8 USD?

"Tonight's the night. And it's going to happen again, and again. It has to happen. Nice night."
MXRider

Activity: 466

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 07:06:51 AM

I don't have enough BTC, just cash so no ASIC for me. The wait is going to be too long when they accept dollars.
My exact problem. I trade my BTC right into USD to help pay bills. But I guess I could withdraw from my bank and buy Bitcoins. Should have bought weeks ago when they were cheap... damn.

That will not help. They will be accepting orders payed with wiretransfer when you have your BTC. At that point the waitlist is so long that you will not see your equipment this year.

Let's hope someone else develops ASIC too and doesn't require interest free loan as a payment.
||bit

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 07:30:21 AM

BFL - what about those of us who have an existing order for regular singles, and want to switch it around to the new ones?  Should I put in an order and just not pay for it?  Or...?

That's my currrent situation. I was thinking of bailing out and getting my refund since they have failed to deliver on time. However, I was reconsidering to give them a little more time. It would be better to at least mine a couple months with the hardware instead of sitting on stagnant cash. If the hardware isn't delivered soon, the refund option will be most palatable. Maybe, just buy bitcoins instead of ASIC hardware if it becomes more apparent that they will have this deluge of orders ahead of everyone else - might very well be more profitable as the block reward size halving approaches or passes.
hardpick

Activity: 265

Football President

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2012, 07:33:39 AM

Buyers do not need to register with Bit Pay or have any type of account with Bit Pay.

Our merchant service works with every bitcoin wallet. just have your wallet up to date with the block chain and have enough BTC to make the purchase Smiley

sorry for the dumb question
I have a mtgox account with a wallet . I presume I login to my MtGox account and goto withdraw bitcoins - specfiy the amount and the bitcoin address is one you give me .

also is there any fees?
cuz0882

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 07:36:11 AM

The people who have had their money tied up for 80+ days already and want to upgrade should be first. A lottery is a terrible idea.
cuz0882

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 07:53:07 AM

BFL - what about those of us who have an existing order for regular singles, and want to switch it around to the new ones?  Should I put in an order and just not pay for it?  Or...?

That's my currrent situation. I was thinking of bailing out and getting my refund since they have failed to deliver on time. However, I was reconsidering to give them a little more time. It would be better to at least mine a couple months with the hardware instead of sitting on stagnant cash. If the hardware isn't delivered soon, the refund option will be most palatable. Maybe, just buy bitcoins instead of ASIC hardware if it becomes more apparent that they will have this deluge of orders ahead of everyone else - might very well be more profitable as the block reward size halving approaches or passes.

Why don't you just put in an order for an SC Single with a trade in? It's pretty safe to assume that you would have received you're FPGA Single a while before the SC Single is ready to ship. And at that time, you can ship your FPGA Single in for the trade in.

So if you think of it that way, why would anyone want to purchase a SC Single outright right now? Just place an order for an FPGA Single and pay for a trade in order for an SC Single. Your total cost is still just the cost of an SC Single, but you should get your FPGA Single in 4-6 weeks. Smiley And you can mine while you wait for the SC Single to be ready.

You can't just trade them in for SC singles. That and the added wait. Also, when did they start shipping singles in 4-6 weeks? I'm on day 82 and have not even received a shipping notification..
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 07:58:09 AM

Why don't you just put in an order for an SC Single with a trade in? It's pretty safe to assume that you would have received you're FPGA Single a while before the SC Single is ready to ship. And at that time, you can ship your FPGA Single in for the trade in.

So if you think of it that way, why would anyone want to purchase a SC Single outright right now? Just place an order for an FPGA Single and pay for a trade in order for an SC Single. Your total cost is still just the cost of an SC Single, but you should get your FPGA Single in 4-6 weeks. Smiley And you can mine while you wait for the SC Single to be ready.
Because I don't have the extra money to do so.  Sad

I have 4 singles on order.  I'd like to change them to 2 SC singles and pay the extra $200.
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462

I heart thebaron

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 09:11:51 AM

If they have Venture Capital funding, WHY do they need so much MORE money upfront for new orders ?

Shouldn't they be taking, perhaps 10% UP FRONT AT MOST ?

Why would anyone in their right mind send in 100% up to 6 months in advance ?

Turbor
Legendary

Merit: 1000

BitMinter

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2012, 09:25:14 AM

If they have Venture Capital funding, WHY do they need so much MORE money upfront for new orders ?

Shouldn't they be taking, perhaps 10% UP FRONT AT MOST ?

Why would anyone in their right mind send in 100% up to 6 months in advance ?

Let them all pay and get their hardware first. I wait untill they deliver. And no, I wont pay in BTC Grin Roll Eyes 

DutchBrat

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 09:43:25 AM
Last edit: June 23, 2012, 09:59:21 AM by DutchBrat

Lottery style is actually one of the worst propositions for your buyers....

You want them to take a gamble with a $30.000 piece of hardware Huh

Makes NO sense !

I'd rather go to Vegas and put it on RED.... better chance of making any money with it, then compete with 100's of Jalapeno buyers

or are you doing separate lotteries for the different products ?

So 1 for the Jalapenos, 1 for the singles and 1 for the rigs ?

else your rig buyers will be crowded out by the Jalapeno buyers.... and you can't prioritise them, because then you wouldn't do a real lottery.....

but that would negate what you are trying to achieve....

This proposal needs some more thought....

TBH I think you are trying to rush things here.... there are NO other known ASIC developers out there, so take your time to decide how you are going to handle things, else it will all end up in a big mess with a lot of p*ssed off customers...

I still say:

open the pre-order possibility, keep it running for a couple of weeks... close it... produce the ASIC that were ordered and then do 1 delivery run.... surely you can do bulk shipping and get everything out of the door within 24-48 hrs

That will give everyone a clear date as to when they get their ASICs

Say your delivery date is October 31st.... then you can open up the next batch of pre-orders early September with Delivery at Mid-Dec and so on
||bit

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 10:35:04 AM

We've been flooded with emails echoing some of the same suggestions here on the forum regarding the best way to determine order priority.  I'm writing now in case any of you had been staying up waiting for the order form posting tonight.  We're going to sleep on it and post tomorrow, but at the moment we're leaning towards a system that satisfies the two most significant arguments which are first come first serve & the lottery style distribution.

The way we're proposing it would work is that the orders are taken and tagged in priority order.  When product is ready on any given day (let's say 40 units) half of them would go to the order priority list while the remainder 20 would go to randomly picked selections from the daily ship lottery.  

Also worth pointing out for anyone interested in participating tomorrow, orders will be taken only via Bit-Pay initially.  This is a special promotion with Bit-Pay to promote their BTC merchant account service and may give existing miners a bit of an upper hand in first wave delivery.  (alternate payment methods will be added within a few days).

Regards,
BFL

Another idea that actually makes sense and seems more fair to the customer, is to put those ahead of line that have waited more than the upper limit of 6 weeks for BFL to deliver past purchased product. The order terms for Singles on BFL's website states 4-6 weeks and notes it could be faster (not longer). Probably a good way to recover that lost customer sentiment.
cuz0882

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 10:48:40 AM

We've been flooded with emails echoing some of the same suggestions here on the forum regarding the best way to determine order priority.  I'm writing now in case any of you had been staying up waiting for the order form posting tonight.  We're going to sleep on it and post tomorrow, but at the moment we're leaning towards a system that satisfies the two most significant arguments which are first come first serve & the lottery style distribution.

The way we're proposing it would work is that the orders are taken and tagged in priority order.  When product is ready on any given day (let's say 40 units) half of them would go to the order priority list while the remainder 20 would go to randomly picked selections from the daily ship lottery.  

Also worth pointing out for anyone interested in participating tomorrow, orders will be taken only via Bit-Pay initially.  This is a special promotion with Bit-Pay to promote their BTC merchant account service and may give existing miners a bit of an upper hand in first wave delivery.  (alternate payment methods will be added within a few days).

Regards,
BFL

Another idea that actually makes sense and seems more fair to the customer, is to put those ahead of line that have waited more than the upper limit of 6 weeks for BFL to deliver past purchased product. The order terms for Singles on BFL's website states 4-6 weeks and notes it could be faster (not longer). Probably a good way to recover that lost customer sentiment.

+1
cncguru

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

Mining since difficulty 157,426 !

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 11:18:11 AM

How about you don't take anyone's money until you actually have a product to ship?

Then you can limit the number per order with like a 72hr wait between orders(if anyone wants to make multiple orders, fine, stagger them)

Kind of like we already see when any new "hot" device hits the shelves.

arklan
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 11:23:13 AM

i like the sound of that. limited orders, i mean. no sense in the first to pre order being able to lock up all available production for weeks or whatever.

i don't post much, but this space for rent.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: