Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:46:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PPS multipool] NiceHash.com pool - higher profits than direct mining BTC!  (Read 98597 times)
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2015, 05:15:34 AM

Where would you go to get a good price to input on the password line? I have an S5 that I want to try it out on. The C1's never worked with it at all unless I was mining %100 on Westhash.com.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Paul Revere

Activity: 406
Merit: 260

The Scamcoats are coming!

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 12:54:51 AM

Where would you go to get a good price to input on the password line? I have an S5 that I want to try it out on. The C1's never worked with it at all unless I was mining %100 on Westhash.com.

I set it maybe 5-10% lower than the Coinwarz predicted return for 1 TH. The best pools average maybe 95% of predicted payout (most are usually more like 85-90% after you factor in the fee), so that is the price line you want to be above.

All of my posts are simply statements of my own personal opinions based on available information and pondering what might be possible considering human nature, with the goal of finding truth and preventing fraud. Please look at all of the facts and theories and put your thinking cap on to draw your own conclusions. If you feel that I have made a false statement or have been unnecessarily derogatory, I encourage you to please point it out, and if proven correct and/or reasonable I will remedy it. ~ Paul Revere
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4480
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 01:00:41 AM

I set it maybe 5-10% lower than the Coinwarz predicted return for 1 TH. The best pools average maybe 95% of predicted payout (most are usually more like 85-90% after you factor in the fee), so that is the price line you want to be above.
Those numbers are rubbish.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Paul Revere

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 01:43:53 PM

Please explain. Are you saying there are pools that average over 95% of predicted payout? Please enlighten all of us about these pools. Where are they hiding?

All of my posts are simply statements of my own personal opinions based on available information and pondering what might be possible considering human nature, with the goal of finding truth and preventing fraud. Please look at all of the facts and theories and put your thinking cap on to draw your own conclusions. If you feel that I have made a false statement or have been unnecessarily derogatory, I encourage you to please point it out, and if proven correct and/or reasonable I will remedy it. ~ Paul Revere
kano
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 12:25:29 AM

Please explain. Are you saying there are pools that average over 95% of predicted payout? Please enlighten all of us about these pools. Where are they hiding?
Well your comment says "The best pools average maybe 95% of predicted payout (most are usually more like 85-90% after you factor in the fee)"

So either "most" means something else in your world or ... you're delusional.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Paul Revere

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 01:30:48 AM

Well your comment says "The best pools average maybe 95% of predicted payout (most are usually more like 85-90% after you factor in the fee)"

Excuse me, but you failed to explain anything. I can assure you that I am anything but delusional, and I take offense at your crass, unwarranted, and unsubstantiated insult.  You said my numbers are rubbish, and I asked you to explain. Do you intend to do explain why you think my numbers are rubbish, or just hurl insults instead of explaining yourself?

kano
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 01:38:02 AM

Excuse me, but you failed to explain anything. I can assure you that I am anything but delusional, and I take offense at your crass, unwarranted, and unsubstantiated insult.  You said my numbers are rubbish, and I asked you to explain. Do you intend to do explain why you think my numbers are rubbish, or just hurl insults instead of explaining yourself?
Well you've made a completely unable to be substantiated claim that most pools pay 85% to 90% ... so you should be able to find a lot that do that since you said most.
Name this list of "most" pools.
I'm curious about them all - I seem to have never heard of "MOST" of them.
I'm having difficulty finding even a few ...

Paul Revere

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 02:51:44 AM

Well you've made a completely unable to be substantiated claim that most pools pay 85% to 90% ... so you should be able to find a lot that do that since you said most.
Name this list of "most" pools.
I'm curious about them all - I seem to have never heard of "MOST" of them.
I'm having difficulty finding even a few ...

I will repeat this again. You said my numbers were rubbish.  Please explain your statement accusing me of stating rubbish or retract it and apologize.  The numbers I quoted are from my experience, if you want to refute them, then by all means do so and please provide proof and explain to me (and all of us), otherwise. I ask that you refrain from insulting me and keep these random insults to yourself.  I am quite honestly shocked that someone of your supposed stature in this community would go around making such a statement and then refuse to explain what you mean.

kano
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 04:13:57 AM

I will repeat this again. You said my numbers were rubbish.  Please explain your statement accusing me of stating rubbish or retract it and apologize.  The numbers I quoted are from my experience, if you want to refute them, then by all means do so and please provide proof and explain to me (and all of us), otherwise. I ask that you refrain from insulting me and keep these random insults to yourself.  I am quite honestly shocked that someone of your supposed stature in this community would go around making such a statement and then refuse to explain what you mean.
Above 95% kano.is, btcguild, BAN, p2pool, slush, bitminter
Not sure about eligius, discus fish or antpool but they would be above 90% at least.

Most pools I know of charge less than 5% fees and thus most of those pools are above 95%

And here I'll make it easy for you to actually look at some reliable statistics, rather than random ignorant hearsay.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77000.0
I'll leave it to you to try work out how to click on the links on that page and work out how to make sense of it, if you can.

NiceHashSupport

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2015, 09:45:14 AM

You seriously need to get rid of the ability for people to do unlimited orders. People are fucking dickbags and jump in and eat up all of the hashing power when people have had a steady stream of hashing power for hours and then they get abruptly cut off because of fucking assholes. Cap it a 1/3 of the total speed available.

And don't tell me to increase my bid... if that's your answer, you're losing my business for ever.

Getting rid of this is pointless.

Buyers can place multiple orders. If we cap each order at 1/3 of max, then whoever wants to take all hashpower can simply create 3 orders with same price. If we limit number of orders per customer, then customer may use multiple accounts. If we limit customers by IP, then customers may use VPNs or proxies.

I hope you understand that now. We have always leaned towards free market - no limitations. If you want to get guaranteed hashing power, we recommend you to place fixed order.

NiceHash.com - Largest Crypto-Mining Marketplace
aurel57
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 12:01:23 PM

Not sure about eligius, discus fish or antpool but they would be above 90% at least.

Most pools I know of charge less than 5% fees and thus most of those pools are above 95%

And here I'll make it easy for you to actually look at some reliable statistics, rather than random ignorant hearsay.
I'll leave it to you to try work out how to click on the links on that page and work out how to make sense of it, if you can.

Kano I think DFish would be in that group as well seeing they pay PPS and only charge a 4% fee which should put them at 96%
Paul Revere

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 02:06:15 PM
Last edit: March 23, 2015, 02:17:20 PM by Paul Revere

I very clearly stated that I was talking about the actual payout as a percentage of the predicted payout per THs. I have no idea what you are talking about, but it clearly has nothing to do with what I stated. As an example, here is a screen I just took from Slush:

This month Slush has paid 87% of predicted payout minus 2% fees. My math says that is 85%. You are free to believe 87=100 I guess, but please stop making bullshit accusations against me when you are clearly and provably wrong. I am not sure exactly what your agenda is here, apparently you have some beef with Nicehash and just ended up randomly attacking me because I posted here.

Edit to add: Here is my original post answering a question about what is a good price point to choose for renting out your rigs on Nicehash, and I was kind enough to share my thoughts on the matter based on direct experience.

My post is actually spot on. Antpool has been averaging ~95% of predicted payout over a month period, and that is the best pool that I am personally aware of right now. Again, if you are aware of a pool that is paying higher than that, then please enlighten all of us so we can go there as well.

MegaFall

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 02:33:03 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2015, 04:11:05 AM by MegaFall

You seriously need to get rid of the ability for people to do unlimited orders. People are fucking dickbags and jump in and eat up all of the hashing power when people have had a steady stream of hashing power for hours and then they get abruptly cut off because of fucking assholes. Cap it a 1/3 of the total speed available.

And don't tell me to increase my bid... if that's your answer, you're losing my business for ever.

Getting rid of this is pointless.

Buyers can place multiple orders. If we cap each order at 1/3 of max, then whoever wants to take all hashpower can simply create 3 orders with same price. If we limit number of orders per customer, then customer may use multiple accounts. If we limit customers by IP, then customers may use VPNs or proxies.

I hope you understand that now. We have always leaned towards free market - no limitations. If you want to get guaranteed hashing power, we recommend you to place fixed order.

Cool you lost my business. So you can go fuck yourselves. You fucking dumbasses.... you just bought yourself a competitor I'll be launching within 8 months.
Digitalmocking

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 03:37:22 PM

I very clearly stated that I was talking about the actual payout as a percentage of the predicted payout per THs. I have no idea what you are talking about, but it clearly has nothing to do with what I stated. As an example, here is a screen I just took from Slush:

This month Slush has paid 87% of predicted payout minus 2% fees. My math says that is 85%. You are free to believe 87=100 I guess, but please stop making bullshit accusations against me when you are clearly and provably wrong. I am not sure exactly what your agenda is here, apparently you have some beef with Nicehash and just ended up randomly attacking me because I posted here.

Edit to add: Here is my original post answering a question about what is a good price point to choose for renting out your rigs on Nicehash, and I was kind enough to share my thoughts on the matter based on direct experience.

My post is actually spot on. Antpool has been averaging ~95% of predicted payout over a month period, and that is the best pool that I am personally aware of right now. Again, if you are aware of a pool that is paying higher than that, then please enlighten all of us so we can go there as well.

kano.is is at 105.21% (http://kano.is/index.php?k=blocks) over expected results over the last 195 blocks since the inception of the pool with a .9% fee.  This is the pool Kano runs. 

As a side note, you sound like a complete jerk, I hope you're nicer in conversations in the real world.
Paul Revere

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 03:42:24 PM

Then why did he not simply say that instead of spouting a bunch of easily proven false non-sense and attacking me personally? I offered help to a fellow miner and was attacked by Kano for doing so. If that is what you call being a jerk you and I are not using the same dictionary.

P.S: I will let you know when I start valuing the opinion of someone who is farming an account so that it can be sold and used to shill the next new shitcoin scam, uhmkay?

Digitalmocking

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 03:58:13 PM

Then why did he not simply say that instead of spouting a bunch of easily proven false non-sense and attacking me personally? I offered help to a fellow miner and was attacked by Kano for doing so. If that is what you call being a jerk you and I are not using the same dictionary.

P.S: I will let you know when I start valuing the opinion of someone who is farming an account so that it can be sold and used to shill the next new shitcoin scam, uhmkay?

edit: you aren't worth it.
kano
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 11:09:20 PM

https://i.imgur.com/oMY5QmE.jpg

OK, you don't understand what that screen means.
I get that now. You are talking about luck. Oddly enough, luck is out of any pool's control and changes all the time.
It goes up and goes down.

If a pool pays PPS then luck has no immediate effect on what you are paid ... other than a higher fee.
(or without a higher fee, the pool is at risk of running out of BTC to pay you and eventually going broke)

If a pool pays PPLNS then luck decides your daily payouts.

If a pool pays anything else, run away.
Slush also has a rather nasty catch - if you stop mining for a short while before a block is found, you can lose ALL your payout in that block.

So back onto PPLNS:
If you take the luck into consideration when deciding about mining at a pool, then you will be chasing luck ... which of course doesn't work, and is also purely ignorant of one of the most central things to understand about block finding.
You can't predict a pool's luck in advance no matter how many life prediction phone services you call ...

Most pools are only a small % of the network, so statistics states quite clearly that you'd need many months of data to be able to compare the luck.
But even then, the comparison wouldn't be definitive.
It's simplest to say that the luck should even out over time - and unless the pool is untrustworthy and steals BTC from the miners - then indeed over time the pool is expected, on average, to payout the expected BTC less the fee.

Also, you don't need to visit a web site to work out what the expected BTC payout is per day, you can work it out yourself to be sure it is correct.
Current Network Diff is the only number you need to look up and that you can get from your own bitcoin at home - which you SHOULD be running Smiley
On the comand line: bitcoin-cli getinfo
In bitcoin-qt: Menu go to Help->Debug window, click on the Console tab, type "getinfo<return>" and it says "difficulty"

"difficulty" : 46717549644.70642090,

Call that 'D' and lets say you have 'T' total THs

Your expected PPS, 0% fee, BTC per day is: T * 24 * 60 * 60 * 25 * 10^12 / D * 2^32 ... or ... ~ 5.03*10^8 * T / D
So at the moment 1THs would have an expect average of ~0.010765... BTC a day

... and in case you were wondering where ~5.03*10^8 comes from ...
24*60*60 = the number of seconds in a day
2^32 = the number of hashes in 1 difficulty
10^12 = the number of hashes in 1TH

Paul Revere

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 11:15:01 PM

What the fuck ever, Kano. My numbers are in fact correct when calculating what you will actually get paid when you compare that to the predicted payout. That is precisely what the poster was asking when I answered his question. Why you get paid a certain amount on different pools was not being discussed and you are just trying to obfuscate things by introducing strawman arguments.

You should have just told me that you were running a pool and you were here to try to drive people away from here to your pool, it would have saved a lot of keystrokes.

aurel57
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 11:36:07 PM

Full moon tonight?
kano
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 12:17:07 AM
Last edit: March 24, 2015, 12:55:04 AM by kano

What the fuck ever, Kano. My numbers are in fact correct when calculating what you will actually get paid when you compare that to the predicted payout. That is precisely what the poster was asking when I answered his question. Why you get paid a certain amount on different pools was not being discussed and you are just trying to obfuscate things by introducing strawman arguments.

You should have just told me that you were running a pool and you were here to try to drive people away from here to your pool, it would have saved a lot of keystrokes.
LOL - seriously, learn a bit about pools and payouts, so you can avoid giving incorrect advice to people.

Edit: and your reply above is a lie that you even missed that point that you yourself said "most" pools:
... "most" is why I replied in the first place if you actually bothered to read any of my replies ...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: