Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:52:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitForce SC - Pre Order List  (Read 35825 times)
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 03:43:42 AM
Last edit: June 26, 2012, 04:16:41 AM by Xian01

Might be nice if they made the page refresh itself automatically, to spare me the heart attack. ;-)

Are you using Chrome perchance ? I almost missed the small popup in the bottom right of the browser window telling me the page had changed, and to click the reload button; not sure why it didn't refresh automagically.

Edit: Chrome v19.0.1084.56, Mac, Adblock installed
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gwillen

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 03:46:04 AM

Might be nice if they made the page refresh itself automatically, to spare me the heart attack. ;-)

Are you using Chrome perchance ? I almost missed the small popup in the bottom right of the browser window telling me the page had changed, and to click the reload button; not sure why it didn't refresh automagically.

Huh. I am indeed using chrome, but I'm not aware of anything like that being a Chrome feature (and I didn't see it.) Maybe it's a feature of bitpay, and they just need to make it larger?
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 04:02:24 AM

this is what Tony from Bitpay told me in PM:

"in the near future the invoice will auto-update when payment has been received.  For now there's a little yellow notification (like gmail) which some browsers cannot display."

i guess it's an issue with our Chrome browsers that don't display the notification
dave3

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 04:06:12 AM

I've not heard of anyone getting emailed wire information for this preorder.  One person who I have talked to had a pretty early order number, but still hasn't gotten wire instructions.

I haven't received wiring instructions, yet, either.  Order #1801.
streblo

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 04:12:32 AM

"in the near future the invoice will auto-update when payment has been received.  For now there's a little yellow notification (like gmail) which some browsers cannot display."

i guess it's an issue with our Chrome browsers that don't display the notification
I saw it in Chrome v19, Ubuntu 64bit
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3508

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 04:47:58 AM
Last edit: June 26, 2012, 10:03:41 AM by vapourminer

I saw it in Chrome v19, Ubuntu 64bit

firefox 13 displayed the notification also (win7 64 bit).

EDIT: with adblock
Luceo

Activity: 350

Per aspera ad astra!

View Profile
June 26, 2012, 06:11:56 AM

I didn't see the notification in Firefox 15 Aurora, but I have adblock and noscript installed.

superman3486

Activity: 59

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 04:18:06 PM

TO BFL  please PM ME BACK

I placed 2 separate orders for two of your SC. I will it be okay if I still bankwire the full amount of $2666 in one transaction for both?
CubedRoot

Activity: 291

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 09:23:53 PM

I just put my order in for an SC single.  I am order number 3598  so it looks like I am going to be waiting awhile for my SC Single to ship Sad
runeks
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2012, 10:06:35 PM

Sorry if this has already been answered, but what is the power consumption of the Bitforce SC? Thanks!

Which one? Jalapeno is 2.5W, Single should be around 30W, Mini-Rig around 700W.

Where has this info been posted? Seems to good to believe given the hash rate.
This can be linearly extrapolated from the hash rates and from the claim that Jalapeno is "USB powered" (ie. 2.5W).
I find it odd that BFL doesn't state the power consumption of these devices. Perhaps they don't know and are afraid to qualify everyone for a refund if they state a figure that proves to be incorrect?

I'm considering buying a BitForce SC, but I'm not going to unless BFL states a figure concerning power consumption, and are willing to refund my purchase if it's off by more than 10-20% or so.
I know 40 GH/s at 30W seems good now, but if the network hash rate goes to 300 TH/s then that year of mining, in order to pay back the SC, will cost me a not insignificant amount (paying $0.35/kWh here) of money depending on whether it's 30W or 100W.

If nothing sinister is afoot, then why not offer Dwolla and Paypal as an option like before?  The only payment options given are the ones where there is no accountability.
They probably don't use PayPal because, first of all, purchases made from anything other than eBay are not eligible for the Buyer Protection that PayPal offers (ie. only the amount PayPal is able to get from BFL will be refunded), so customers wouldn't be safe anyway. Also, there is really no reason for them to incur the fees that PayPal charge (is it 3%?) nor is there any reason for them to leave it to PayPal to decide whether some customer is eligible for a refund. Sure, it might provide them with a few more customers, but it seems they have plenty already.
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2012, 11:28:04 PM

This is the first time I have ever paid for anything that doesn't exist and knew about it and the wait times. Having read time and time again about how much money can be made on the first people that receive their rigs bothers the hell out of me. Is the system that unstable where one company can deploy/sell some mining rigs then only after a couple months make much much less? Here I am with a single pre-order thinking it may take over a year to pay back that $1333. To request a refund or not.

Also, why is BFL having such man power issues? Didn't they just receive thousands and thousands of dollars from all of us on a product that isn't even tangible? I'm wondering where is all that money going to? Maybe they just started their R&D on our dime? How powerful the thought of making money can be. Greed is the best motivator of them all.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 12:51:42 AM

Maybe they just started their R&D on our dime? How powerful the thought of making money can be. Greed is the best motivator of them all.

BINGO!

Buy & Hold
punin

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2012, 09:12:29 AM

Don't forget that BFL will also conduct an extensive "burn-in" with their products, thus raising the difficulty to say 5x the current levels BEFORE they ship.

Head of Product Development
Bitfury Group
www.bitfury.com
runeks
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2012, 11:41:58 AM

Don't forget that BFL will also conduct an extensive "burn-in" with their products, thus raising the difficulty to say 5x the current levels BEFORE they ship.
If you're not factoring in a huge difficulty increase before calculating your ROI time, you're doing it wrong.
simon66

Activity: 423

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 06:40:45 PM

Holy shit. A year later and still no product :S
Thank god I didn't buy ("I posted on page 6 I think")
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 07:03:31 PM

All sales are final unless we fail to perform.  That includes both performance and shipping targets.  60 days past target and we'll happily refund your purchase.  If you would really like a refund anyway, just ask and we'll probably be able to take care of you.  Nonetheless, we reserve the right to handle it on a case by case basis.

So I guess you reserved the right to not handle refunds anymore, huh ? Wink
DavinciJ15

Activity: 780
Merit: 510

Bitcoin - helping to end bankster enslavement.

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2013, 01:57:11 PM

order Number 1864 shipped but not received
order number 12466 shipped but not received
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2013, 04:58:18 AM

All sales are final unless we fail to perform.  That includes both performance and shipping targets.  60 days past target and we'll happily refund your purchase.  If you would really like a refund anyway, just ask and we'll probably be able to take care of you.  Nonetheless, we reserve the right to handle it on a case by case basis.

So I guess you reserved the right to not handle refunds anymore, huh ? Wink

I deserve the right to stick it up BFL's ass every chance I get for payment on how Josh has treated their investors.

order Number 1864 shipped but not received
order number 12466 shipped but not received

Hey, Davinci. Just wanted to say that I've always considered you an alright guy.

Later, bud.
DavinciJ15

Activity: 780
Merit: 510

Bitcoin - helping to end bankster enslavement.

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2013, 11:01:49 AM

Hey, Davinci. Just wanted to say that I've always considered you an alright guy.

Later, bud.

Thanks you will never know how much I needed that right about now.

Cheers

Davinci
hydroanonymous

Activity: 12

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 01:05:55 PM

I just put my order in for an SC single.  I am order number 3598  so it looks like I am going to be waiting awhile for my SC Single to ship Sad

Are you still waiting??  i am ;[
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: