Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:07:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitForce SC - Pre Order List  (Read 35822 times)
Paladin69

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 04:29:36 PM
Last edit: June 25, 2012, 04:39:55 PM by Paladin69

When will you be sending out the email for wire transfer instructions? I placed my order 2 hours after pre-orders went live and I am now at the end of the line because I am sitting here waiting for an email from you guys.

Same here.  I found it curious that they decided to not accept Dwolla & Paypal anymore.  Why?

Because when this ends as large SCAM, you will have no way to chargeback them.

I think you are right about not wanting to give the customer the ability to chargeback.  Check these posts out...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=88903.msg979986#msg979986
"I have refunded your PayPal order for 5 singles. The Bit-Pay order, however, is not refundable. --Jody"

And this one...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=88903.msg980556#msg980556
Orders made through PayPal can be refunded. Bankwire is not a method of payment we are refunding.

BFL says they are being taken care of and that customer service was misinformed...but only after someone made a stink about it here as their only recourse.  Those replies by customer service don't sound like people that weren't sure of themselves.  Those replies sounded very absolute.  I find that very unsettling that it came to this and I wonder how many others who don't post here might be taken advantage of?
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
||bit

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 04:46:58 PM

Ok BFL.. what about us waiting for Singles?

Get a refund now and pay for ASIC direct, or wait longer and hope you get them to mine a little before doing a trade-in.

I was told the other day that they were shipping about 50 Singles per day, and that it would increase from those levels. So, go figure why we still haven't received any Singles after they have breeched their shipping terms of 6 week upper limit for delivery. Anyway, if that rate is correct, to have waited 6 weeks and still not received any Singles is curious.

A reason to be skeptical of that rate (as having been accurate for any significant period), is on why would BFL have boasted that there was a big shipping day a week or so ago. Not sure if you remember that. If they had been shipping 50 per day, then why boast? And it was only a week after that boasting that one friend informed me that he finally received his Singles, and at about the same day or so a new thread opened on the forums from someone saying their Single shipment was received. The reeciept of these person's Singles coinciding wiht a typical devliery time after the boasting does not seem like a coincidence. So..my guess is that this claim of 50/day (if accurate) is questionable for anything more than the past few days.
Paladin69

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 04:50:09 PM

Get a refund now and pay for ASIC direct, or wait longer and hope you get them to mine a little before doing a trade-in.

I was told the other day that they were shipping about 50 Singles per day, and that it would increase from those levels. So, go figure why we still haven't received any Singles after they have breeched their shipping terms of 6 week upper limit for delivery. Anyway, if that rate is correct, to have waited 6 weeks and still not received any Singles is curious.

A reason to be skeptical of that rate (as having been accurate for any significant period), is on why would BFL have boasted that there was a big shipping day a week or so ago. Not sure if you remember that. If they had been shipping 50 per day, then why boast? And it was only a week after that boasting that one friend say he finally received his Singles, and at about the same day or so a new thread opened on the forums from someone saying their Single shipment was received. So..my guess is that this claim of 50/day is questionable for anything more than the past few days.

It is better to cancel now than take delivery I guess?  Because if you take delivery you have to double-down or only get half their value when you trade back in?

edit: btw did you get the refund on your wire transfer resolved from that other thread?
BCbitcoin

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 04:57:39 PM

A reason to be skeptical of that rate (as having been accurate for any significant period), is on why would BFL have boasted that there was a big shipping day a week or so ago. Not sure if you remember that. If they had been shipping 50 per day, then why boast? And it was only a week after that boasting that one friend informed me that he finally received his Singles, and at about the same day or so a new thread opened on the forums from someone saying their Single shipment was received. The reeciept of these person's Singles coinciding wiht a typical devliery time after the boasting does not seem like a coincidence. So..my guess is that this claim of 50/day (if accurate) is questionable for anything more than the past few days.

That can't be true. That would add 830 Gh/s every month just from singles assuming they were just shipping Mon-Fri.
||bit

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 05:06:49 PM

That can't be true. That would add 830 Gh/s every month just from singles assuming they were just shipping Mon-Fri.

Yeah, there is that too. So, if the BFL Engineer that told me that was accurate, then it would only be accurate for a few days at the time it was told. Which is not very helpful information regarding the concerns I had.
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 05:14:15 PM

I am still foggy on what the whole VC funding comment was about. What did they need VC funding for if they received over $400,000 in pre-orders in a weekend? What do they use that VC funding for then?

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 05:15:25 PM

I am still foggy on what the whole VC funding comment was about. What did they need VC funding for if they received over $400,000 in pre-orders in a weekend? What do they use that VC funding for then?
ASICs can cost $millions, depending on what process is used.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
||bit

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 05:17:26 PM
Last edit: June 25, 2012, 06:17:21 PM by ||bit

It is better to cancel now than take delivery I guess?  Because if you take delivery you have to double-down or only get half their value when you trade back in?

edit: btw did you get the refund on your wire transfer resolved from that other thread?

I did not get the refund because, at the least, I did not push for it. After my thread, I got a response that I was not being ignored. And I reconsidered to give them more time.

Anyway, I am bouncing around now on what to do with it. Refund? Wait and hopefully receive a product then upgrade? I can see merit in receiving the shipment to mine a couple months, but at the same time I am not happy with how BFL treats customers by dishonoring shipping terms and poor communications. I know the guys that have actually received product from them are happy, and of course they would be. And then will defend BFL because of this. However, if they are going to deliver in 16 weeks when they promise 6 weeks maximum, then I think they should state 16 weeks maximum delivery time. It's ridiculous as a company to do this. This very dishonor of terms is what makes me eager to see competition rise. That is why I am keeping a close eye on the open ASIC project found in one thread in the forums. I'd like to see the guys that were doing a business designing and/or making FPGA boards to make competing ASIC boards. That will be when things get really good for bitcoin.

||bit
P_Shep
Legendary

Activity: 1795
Merit: 1198

This is not OK.

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 06:00:16 PM

My problem is should I go ahead and trade in all 6 of my singles for SC singles, or sell 3 of them, and just get 3?

Decisions, decisions...
DutchBrat

Activity: 868

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 06:06:46 PM

ASICs can cost $millions, depending on what process is used.

If they only got $400.000 in the feeding frenzy this weekend, then they better start mining themselves to recoup the remainder of the millions in R&D

Luckily they gave themselves a 2 month head start to mine (60 days after October before the refund kicks in) hahahaha

I love my tin-foil hat Wink
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 06:16:27 PM

If they only got $400.000 in the feeding frenzy this weekend, then they better start mining themselves to recoup the remainder of the millions in R&D

Luckily they gave themselves a 2 month head start to mine (60 days after October before the refund kicks in) hahahaha

that's just in BTC, most new singles and minirigs are more likely to be paid by wire - so there could be another $500k-1mil of orders easy, just for the first pre-order day.
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2012, 06:28:02 PM

that's just in BTC, most new singles and minirigs are more likely to be paid by wire - so there could be another $500k-1mil of orders easy, just for the first pre-order day.

I've not heard of anyone getting emailed wire information for this preorder.  One person who I have talked to had a pretty early order number, but still hasn't gotten wire instructions.

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
Morblias

Activity: 576

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 07:03:42 PM

I've not heard of anyone getting emailed wire information for this preorder.  One person who I have talked to had a pretty early order number, but still hasn't gotten wire instructions.

I'm at #1798 and #1800 and have not received my wire info yet. So my 1798 will now become 2100 or some shit.

Tips / Donations accepted: 1Morb18DsDHNEv6TeQXBdba872ZSpiK9fY
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 07:08:06 PM

I'm at #1798 and #1800 and have not received my wire info yet. So my 1798 will now become 2100 or some shit.
I doubt they will cause you to lose your place in line because of themselves not giving you wire info.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Morblias

Activity: 576

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 07:09:44 PM

I doubt they will cause you to lose your place in line because of themselves not giving you wire info.

According to their website, I am not in the wait time yet, because I have not paid (due to them not giving me wire info)

From their website:
Please be aware that your order date is set at the time payment is received

Tips / Donations accepted: 1Morb18DsDHNEv6TeQXBdba872ZSpiK9fY
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2012, 07:27:47 PM

Surely you aren't talking about the same BFL that has been mentioned in this thread..

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 07:28:49 PM

According to their website, I am not in the wait time yet, because I have not paid (due to them not giving me wire info)

From their website:
Please be aware that your order date is set at the time payment is received
Whoops, didn't notice that. Lame.

Paladin69

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 07:37:18 PM

Very lame.
KyleH

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 08:12:57 PM

Same here, emailed them. Waiting for a response.
Epoch
Legendary

Activity: 922
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 25, 2012, 08:55:25 PM

scribed.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: