Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 10:48:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TIME TO BUY  (Read 9108 times)
youngmike

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 12:54:48 PM

Bitcoin is nothing but a money transfer system and not even easy to use compared to Paypal Smiley Forget the mass adoption, even 50$ BTC is overpriced when you think about how useful it is  Smiley

Even if Bitcoin is ill-suited for instant money transfer, there are a few things that make it (and some alt) unique :
- you are the owner of your coins as long as nobody else knows your private key (so avoid web wallets) ;
- you don't need to trust anybody to store your money ;
- you don't need to be accepted by financial system to receive coins ;
- total amount is capped, and inflation controled meanwhile ;
- there is a good level of anonymity if you stay in legit economy.

So for a value storage system, Bitcoin is a must.

For daily expense, I think we could transfer Bitcoin to a trusted intermediary (bank, Paypal) then use current system. Exposure is limited as you keep owning most part of your coins in your wallet. This is the best of two worlds.

It is time to banking to change their business model.

Typical believer's talk  Smiley How retarded you must be to store value in something that can lose all of it's value within hours  Smiley
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 01:01:53 PM

Time to say good buy you think OP?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohXI3po8hK0

AB agrees.
creuz

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 01:02:49 PM

Bitcoin is nothing but a money transfer system and not even easy to use compared to Paypal Smiley Forget the mass adoption, even 50$ BTC is overpriced when you think about how useful it is  Smiley

Even if Bitcoin is ill-suited for instant money transfer, there are a few things that make it (and some alt) unique :
- you are the owner of your coins as long as nobody else knows your private key (so avoid web wallets) ;

For daily expense, I think we could transfer Bitcoin to a trusted intermediary (bank, Paypal) then use current system. Exposure is limited as you keep owning most part of your coins in your wallet. This is the best of two worlds.

Typical believer's talk  Smiley How retarded you must be to store value in something that can lose all of it's value within hours  Smiley
Typical greedy daytrader's talk.
How retarded you must be to store value in banks databases, piece of papers or unusable gold that could lose all of it's value within days Smiley

Ah and I missed a point : Bitcoin can't be counterfeit

BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 01:04:34 PM

The haters are pretty funny, they come on a bitcoin forum to hate lol.... every mention of the word bitcoin adds more value for or against.
youngmike

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 01:08:12 PM

How retarded you must be to store value in banks databases, piece of papers or unusable gold that could lose all of it's value within days Smiley

Whatever  Smiley I dumped my btcs and alts long time ago  and so did other investors I personally know  Smiley It was a nice ride and you must enjoy your bag holdings  Smiley
Time to get rich with assets  Smiley
creuz

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 01:16:02 PM

Whatever  Smiley I dumped my btcs and alts long time ago  and so did other investors I personally know  Smiley It was a nice ride and you must enjoy your bag holdings  Smiley

What you do of your life is without interest. And for other investors you personnally know I suppose they live in the same place.
You're right dude, keep your dollars and sell me your BTC.
Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 05:26:35 PM

buy...hodl

that is all

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 06:34:48 PM

At least that's what I just did, so I believe we are at or very close to the bottom.

Why would we be at the bottom? The selling is just beginning.

Every time a new company like Microsoft offers bitcoin as a payment method, the market gains another auto-seller. There is no reason for the price to increase until this imbalance is corrected. The time to "go long" would be when a major company announces that it will be integrating bitcoin into its payroll options.

could be true....or bitcoin is just dead?  dont know Wink

ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 07:09:04 PM

Who knows when it's TIME TO BUY?  It could be now, it could be at $100, it could be at $0.01.

Whatever you do, DO NOT SELL!  Worst possible time to do so, especially if you bought coins at the high last year.

Just gotta suck it up, and wait this downward movement out.

OR load up some more a little bit each week.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 07:16:39 PM

Anything before mid 2016 is time to buy .... and after that as well.

smashing

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 08:39:06 PM

Then why are you hanging out on this forum?

Look... Bitcoin is digital gold, and a belief system, like many other stores of value. It's many other things too, but thinking of it as digital gold first and foremost is useful. It also reflects how most people are using it (or rather not using it currently).

People with money to invest need to put it somewhere, they need to diversify their investments to control risk, and Bitcoin is as good an investment as any, and may prove to be better than others, or not. It's why I'm putting a percentage of my money into Bitcoin. I also like that I can move money around (across borders) easily and at low cost.

With a finite amount of Bitcoin available (21 million), and gradually over time more and more (mainstream) people coming in to the market to buy it, my bet is that it's going up. Your bet is clearly different and that's fine. Someone has to sell for someone to buy and vice versa.

Remember we are still very early on in the adoption curve - see other technology adoption curves infographic.

Good luck in what you do.

http://s199775.gridserver.com/adoption-curve-different-technologies.jpg
princesocapuyo

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Presale is live!

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 09:03:20 PM

Everything points for BTC growth, so yeah I guessTIME TO BUY!!
Each day more and more vendors are using BTC and more businesses are "adopting" it as a payment method. It's still a little risky investing so much in BTC though, as it's just starting. I don't buy a lot of BTC yet, but I would definitely NOT sell them as they seem to be the future. If someone got BTC in the first place then I would guess that person believes in them, if not then it's their call, they might be right.

thirdprize

Activity: 485
Merit: 274

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 10:10:20 PM

I will probably buy some when I feel it has bottomed out.  However, that is still a long way away.  You look at the curves and they are still going down.  Buy today and you will have lost by tomorrow.

orsotheysaid

Activity: 153

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 10:11:28 PM

I think now is a good time to dollar cost average in every few days. For example you can set up a recurring purchase on coinbase.
It has been a good idea to do that since sub 500
Daanie

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 10:11:48 PM

It's time to do whatever you want to do. I've seen so many people predict and many times they were wrong, except for a few individuals.

fvs114

Activity: 170

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 10:15:24 PM

Who knows when it's TIME TO BUY?  It could be now, it could be at $100, it could be at $0.01.

Whatever you do, DO NOT SELL!  Worst possible time to do so, especially if you bought coins at the high last year.

Just gotta suck it up, and wait this downward movement out.

OR load up some more a little bit each week.

I totally agree. I'll buy some now, and if it'll go to 100, i'll buy more  Grin.
fewcoins

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 03:02:32 AM

I am a permabear and even I was buying after today's low... I am now full leverage long around the 317~ level
We should have a nice pop tomorrow & we are already extremely oversold so whats the point of shorting more when there is a pop/short squeeze in the works soon
nauane

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 03:52:09 AM

It's time to do whatever you want to do. I've seen so many people predict and many times they were wrong, except for a few individuals.
said it all! Smiley
fewcoins

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 04:13:44 AM

I am a permabear and even I was buying after today's low... I am now full leverage long around the 317~ level
We should have a nice pop tomorrow & we are already extremely oversold so whats the point of shorting more when there is a pop/short squeeze in the works soon

THE BOUNCE WILL HAVE SHORTERS RACING TO COVER LIKE  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
While I'm like  Cool
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 04:19:58 AM

Cry

ouch.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: