Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 07:29:42 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TIME TO BUY  (Read 9108 times)
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 04:28:47 AM

I predict that people are going to wake up and start demanding wage payment in bitcoin.

The "hero adopters" will be those that setup picket lines to pressure companies for the option of paychecks in BTC.
derpinheimer
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 04:35:26 AM

That wont happen, at least not for another year. Right now Bitcoin is still terribly unintuitive and unsafe for general use.
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 04:41:08 AM

Come on $300!  Daddy needs to get in on some cheap coins.

Hopefully it hits the $200s by Christmas, need to buy myself some Christmas BTCs for being nice.   Cheesy

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
mmortal03
Legendary

Activity: 1762
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 05:03:11 AM

People are also selling so that they can deduct their Bitcoin-related capital losses from what they will owe the government for 2014.
Fernandez
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 05:24:30 AM

Come on $300!  Daddy needs to get in on some cheap coins.

Hopefully it hits the $200s by Christmas, need to buy myself some Christmas BTCs for being nice.   Cheesy

It will, hopefully. I have been trying to buy for sometime and $200s would be awesome.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

twiifm

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 05:32:32 AM

I predict that people are going to wake up and start demanding wage payment in bitcoin.

The "hero adopters" will be those that setup picket lines to pressure companies for the option of paychecks in BTC.

Yeah good prediction.  People are gonna demand pay in internet funbux that lost 70% in one year.  Keep drinking the koolaid buddy
BTCtrader71

Activity: 784
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 05:35:37 AM

People are also selling so that they can deduct their Bitcoin-related capital losses from what they will owe the government for 2014.

^this

BTC: 14oTcy1DNEXbcYjzPBpRWV11ZafWxNP8EU
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 05:47:37 AM

Yeah good prediction.  People are gonna demand pay in internet funbux that lost 70% in one year.  Keep drinking the koolaid buddy

If You mean the advanced new currency that has grown exponentially in the last few years, you would  be right

Up 10,000%+ since 2010?

Them funbux?
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 03:48:12 PM

Up 10,000%+ since 2010?

Up 999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% since inception!!1!
Buy Buy Buy!

thirdprize

Activity: 485
Merit: 274

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 04:36:08 PM

If you guys are buying then either its blind optimism or you have some belief that we are at the bottom of the price drop?  Can I ask what makes you think that?  If you had brought a coin yesterday you could have lost $15 already. 

ThatDGuy

Activity: 728

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 04:58:10 PM

If you guys are buying then either its blind optimism or you have some belief that we are at the bottom of the price drop?  Can I ask what makes you think that?  If you had brought a coin yesterday you could have lost $15 already. 

Probably the latter.
LordSonjai

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 08:25:01 PM

Do you realize the power bitcoin gives us?
I like the idea of optimism I wouldn't consider it blind optimism because for starters its a insult and it is a way to belittle me for believing in something you cannot afford.
exoton

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 12:14:33 AM

I like the idea of optimism I wouldn't consider it blind optimism because for starters its a insult and it is a way to belittle me for believing in something you cannot afford.
It sounds like for you it is blind optimism. I suspect the same is probably true for many others as well.

the fact that bitcoin will rise substantially in the future is far from certain and there are a number of risks involved in buying/owning bicoin
LordSonjai

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 12:31:59 AM

If you guys are buying then either its blind optimism or you have some belief that we are at the bottom of the price drop?  Can I ask what makes you think that?  If you had brought a coin yesterday you could have lost $15 already.  

It sounds like for you it is blind optimism. I suspect the same is probably true for many others as well.

the fact that bitcoin will rise substantially in the future is far from certain and there are a number of risks involved in buying/owning bicoin

Blind optimism sounds like a load of crap,sorry bud. The term is made up for one. Secondly if I am interpreting it correctly it would mean I am optimistic about bitcoin for no reason.Or possibly I am optimistic but blind to all the risks of bitcoin. Well,if I am interpreting your terminology perhaps I am not so blind now am I?Thirdly and last of all,Your whole sentence is fucked up honestly,it just subjective,far from certain? Tell me what in life is certain?(rhetoric) And you put emphasis on the uncertainty of bitcoin by using the word FAR conjoined with FROM. WOOOOO. Got news for you Bradley,nothing in life is certain.

Sometimes you get a jack,sometimes you get a queen,only way to find out is tot play.

Either way the term doesnt really correlate,how could someone be blind toward bitcoin and be optimistic. Just another Zero talking out of his ass.

You aren telling me anything I don't know. Difference between me and you? I do things,you talk about doing things. You just sit on your ass and watch. Get your pom poms out and just cheerlead for time bitcoin. We are the future.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 3968

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 03:52:59 AM

That wont happen, at least not for another year. Right now Bitcoin is still terribly unintuitive and unsafe for general use.

Unintuitive... and so was the potato when first introduced because because you can cook what is underground, not what is outside (poisonous).

Download breadwallet and see how unintuitive it is (hint: piece of cake or potato?).
exoton

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 01:31:39 AM

If you guys are buying then either its blind optimism or you have some belief that we are at the bottom of the price drop?  Can I ask what makes you think that?  If you had brought a coin yesterday you could have lost $15 already.  

Blind optimism sounds like a load of crap,sorry bud. The term is made up for one. Secondly if I am interpreting it correctly it would mean I am optimistic about bitcoin for no reason.Or possibly I am optimistic but blind to all the risks of bitcoin. Well,if I am interpreting your terminology perhaps I am not so blind now am I?Thirdly and last of all,Your whole sentence is fucked up honestly,it just subjective,far from certain? Tell me what in life is certain?(rhetoric) And you put emphasis on the uncertainty of bitcoin by using the word FAR conjoined with FROM. WOOOOO. Got news for you Bradley,nothing in life is certain.

Sometimes you get a jack,sometimes you get a queen,only way to find out is tot play.

Either way the term doesnt really correlate,how could someone be blind toward bitcoin and be optimistic. Just another Zero talking out of his ass.

You aren telling me anything I don't know. Difference between me and you? I do things,you talk about doing things. You just sit on your ass and watch. Get your pom poms out and just cheerlead for time bitcoin. We are the future.
[ignoring your nazi grammar comments]

Blind optimism is when someone is optimistic when disregarding relevant facts, including additional facts that have come to light since your original stance.
LordSonjai

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 01:58:08 AM

Blind optimism is when someone is optimistic when disregarding relevant facts, including additional facts that have come to light since your original stance.

WHAT? HOW CAN SOMEONE DISREGARD FACTS?Huh IF THEY ARE BLIND TO THEM THEY WOULDNT KNOW THEY ARE FACTS???THEREFOR THIS DOESNT MAKE ANY SENSE SHUT THE FUCK UP
Huh THIS GUY LMAO JUST TRYING TO SOUND SMART WHEN HE IS REALLY A BROKE DUMBASS ON A BITCOIN FORUM BUT DOESNT EVEN OWN BITCOIN WHAT KIND OF SHIT IS THIS?
exoton

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 05:25:42 PM

WHAT? HOW CAN SOMEONE DISREGARD FACTS?Huh IF THEY ARE BLIND TO THEM THEY WOULDNT KNOW THEY ARE FACTS???THEREFOR THIS DOESNT MAKE ANY SENSE SHUT THE FUCK UP
Huh THIS GUY LMAO JUST TRYING TO SOUND SMART WHEN HE IS REALLY A BROKE DUMBASS ON A BITCOIN FORUM BUT DOESNT EVEN OWN BITCOIN WHAT KIND OF SHIT IS THIS?
I don't think you are understanding my point. The point is that blind optimism is that, regardless of the facts surrounding a situation, they will take a specific stance. It is not that they do not know that something is a fact, it is that they do not take the fact into consideration.
jaredboice

Activity: 560

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 05:37:17 PM

Blind pessimism is when someone is pessimistic when disregarding relevant facts, including additional facts that have come to light since your original stance.

care to take a guess on how that sentence could read if we simply again replace the variable-word pessimism with troll?
tabnloz
Legendary

Activity: 961

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 08:43:43 PM

Bitcoin is nothing but a money transfer system and not even easy to use compared to Paypal Smiley Forget the mass adoption, even 50$ BTC is overpriced when you think about how useful it is  Smiley

Even if Bitcoin is ill-suited for instant money transfer, there are a few things that make it (and some alt) unique :
- you are the owner of your coins as long as nobody else knows your private key (so avoid web wallets) ;
- you don't need to trust anybody to store your money ;
- you don't need to be accepted by financial system to receive coins ;
- total amount is capped, and inflation controled meanwhile ;
- there is a good level of anonymity if you stay in legit economy.

So for a value storage system, Bitcoin is a must.

For daily expense, I think we could transfer Bitcoin to a trusted intermediary (bank, Paypal) then use current system. Exposure is limited as you keep owning most part of your coins in your wallet. This is the best of two worlds.

It is time to banking to change their business model.

Typical believer's talk  Smiley How retarded you must be to store value in something that can lose all of it's value within hours  Smiley

Bitcoin is not just a payment system. It is decentralized consensus. It is programmable, better money.

However it does not completely work as money yet as it isn't a real stable store of value at the moment.

The coin is the security of the blockchain and it is expensive to maintain; this is the challenge faced by the bitcoin economy.

It is a battle.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: