Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 12:19:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TIME TO BUY  (Read 9108 times)
Wandererfromthenorth

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 08:59:08 PM

Monetary inflation of BTC is currently higher than the monetary inflation of the USD (and it will be for quite some time).
That is a fact. Not much to discuss here guize...
It ain't an opinion yo.

Not fact.  Traditional monetary policy that applies to regular currency's like the US dollar does not apply to Bitcoin.

That's the whole reason Bitcoin was created was to go against the grain.  The decentralization, the finite supply, the low transaction fees, etc etc.

Read this first before posting:

https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Math is not an opinion. I am just talking about the increase in supply. Whether by coins mined, FED printing or whatever it's still an increase in the monetary base (and it has obvious effects on price), period.
Currently, and for a long time, BTC money supply will grow more than the money supply of USD, period.

BTC money supply is no where close to money supply of the USD, period.

Different supply scales, there's trillions of dollars in circulation compared to a few million BTCs.

Obviously price swings occur more wildly when the Bitcoin's pool is belly flopped into vs the US Dollar's ocean.

Stop comparing Bitcoin to the US Dollar, you're talking old money versus new money.
We are talking about percentages of increase in money supply. The point is perfectly valid.

Obviously price swings occur more wildly when the Bitcoin's pool is belly flopped into vs the US Dollar's ocean
Ehm, are you just admitting that the increased money supply of BTC has a even greater effect on its price than for the USD, which kinda validates my point since the beginning?  Huh
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 09:06:51 PM

I know you have daddy issues with the FED, but I simply used it to illustrate why mining more BTC makes the BTC you hold worth less.
We can also infer from this that lowering the total of BTC mined (printed) would reduce the supply of BTC on exchanges, thus twerking the supply/demand equation just right & making the coin you hold be worth more.

But you can't do that, because predefined, like clockwork, like a V1 rocket.  Nothing can be done Sad

Or maybe we can just wait a bit for market demand to pick up, waddayathink

Yeah, "Wildly fluctuating & tanking price?  It's actually a good thing, we meant to do that."

Come on Cheesy
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2014, 09:06:59 PM

Monetary inflation of BTC is currently higher than the monetary inflation of the USD (and it will be for quite some time).
That is a fact. Not much to discuss here guize...
It ain't an opinion yo.

Not fact.  Traditional monetary policy that applies to regular currency's like the US dollar does not apply to Bitcoin.

That's the whole reason Bitcoin was created was to go against the grain.  The decentralization, the finite supply, the low transaction fees, etc etc.

Read this first before posting:

https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Math is not an opinion. I am just talking about the increase in supply. Whether by coins mined, FED printing or whatever it's still an increase in the monetary base (and it has obvious effects on price), period.
Currently, and for a long time, BTC money supply will grow more than the money supply of USD, period.

BTC money supply is no where close to money supply of the USD, period.

Different supply scales, there's trillions of dollars in circulation compared to a few million BTCs.

Obviously price swings occur more wildly when the Bitcoin's pool is belly flopped into vs the US Dollar's ocean.

Stop comparing Bitcoin to the US Dollar, you're talking old money versus new money.
We are talking about percentages of increase in money supply. The point is perfectly valid.

Obviously price swings occur more wildly when the Bitcoin's pool is belly flopped into vs the US Dollar's ocean
Ehm, are you just admitting that the increased money supply on BTC has a even greater effect on its price than for the USD, which kinda validates my point since the beginning?  Huh

How is the point valid again?

US Dollar money supply is so vast compared to Bitcoin's "money supply".

Also Bitcoin doesn't have a Federal Reserve to manipulate price value, so point's moot.

Fed is also driving US dollar price one way.  I'll give you a hint, it's not up.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 09:10:49 PM

I know you have daddy issues with the FED, but I simply used it to illustrate why mining more BTC makes the BTC you hold worth less.
We can also infer from this that lowering the total of BTC mined (printed) would reduce the supply of BTC on exchanges, thus twerking the supply/demand equation just right & making the coin you hold be worth more.

But you can't do that, because predefined, like clockwork, like a V1 rocket.  Nothing can be done Sad

Or maybe we can just wait a bit for market demand to pick up, waddayathink

Yeah, "Wildly fluctuating & tanking price?  It's actually a good thing, we meant to do that."

Come on Cheesy

Speculation, the only way to bootstrap a decentralized, global form of money.

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
NotLambchop

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 09:30:17 PM

It's certainly straightforward enough, but it's starting to show some ...drawbacks?
My point is pretty trivial--it's nice to have the ability to adjust the money supply in response to changing conditions.  Clockwork inflation guidance can't do that, and that's why V1s were so wildly inaccurate Sad

Retrofitted with a driver's seat Smiley

inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 09:40:57 PM

It's certainly straightforward enough, but it's starting to show some ...drawbacks?
My point is pretty trivial--it's nice to have the ability to adjust the money supply in response to changing conditions.  Clockwork inflation guidance can't do that, and that's why V1s were so wildly inaccurate Sad

Your laboured point is exceedingly trivial.

Last time i checked, bitcoin isn't a rocket, though it's exchange price has risen like one.

In principle having the ability to regulate inflation is an excellent idea. However in the real world we all inhabit it does not work for centrally planned fiat currencies in practice.

Other than comparing bitcoin with an ancient nazi missile, do you have any meaningful objection to bitcoin having a programatically enforced exponentially falling inflation rate?
FatherBob

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 09:43:54 PM

But your butthurt tho...  Your butthurt is not trivial at all, my son!

~Rev. FatherBob
inca
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 09:59:25 PM

But your butthurt tho...  Your butthurt is not trivial at all, my son!

~Rev. FatherBob

So when you can't answer you use an alt to post shit? And this is why you are a troll and not taken seriously by anyone on the forum.

Cheesy
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 10:01:10 PM

Last time i checked, bitcoin isn't a rocket, though it's exchange price has risen like one.

In principle having the ability to regulate inflation is an excellent idea. However in the real world we all inhabit it does not work for centrally planned fiat currencies in practice.

Other than comparing bitcoin with an ancient nazi missile, do you have any meaningful objection to bitcoin having a programatically enforced exponentially falling inflation rate?

How come? (Just curious...)

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 10:06:08 PM

How come? (Just curious...)

Because humans + magic money printing = disaster

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
NotLambchop

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 10:23:27 PM

^Been working great thus far Smiley
This Bitcoin thing, OTOH...  Much fail & aids Undecided
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 11:32:06 AM

Buy and Hold Long Term.
This advise would probably work at any point in time.
yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 10:02:22 PM

Shame the Germans didn't have Greenspan in control of the V1's. Could have shortened the war considerably as he would have driven them all into Berlin. This was the guy who pursued a loose monetary policy during the boom years after all. A certain Chancellor mentioned in Genesis wasn't any better either...

But these individuals are not the problem of course. The problem is inherit to the system. When was the last time the US with all these IRL shepherds ran a monetary policy that wasn't loose? They keep swerving obstacles, but all they do is bring closer the impassable object.
NotLambchop

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 10:24:03 PM

...The problem is inherit to the system...

I keep hearing about this impending doom, mainly from the lunatic fringe.

...all they do is bring closer the impassable object.

If the driver is bad, sane people opt for a better driver.  Bitcoiners want to replace the driver with a windup toy Undecided

jaredboice

Activity: 560

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 10:42:57 PM

NotLambchop: "This serial troll is still being ignored."  Cheesy
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 10:54:02 PM

Buy and Hold Long Term.
This advise would probably work at any point in time.

Has worked out pretty good for the majority of the price history of bitcoin.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

NotLambchop

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 11:01:07 PM

^
The past year has left you holding the bag tho.

inca
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 11:05:46 PM

Smoothie is an early adopter. Unlike you he didn't sell out early and regret it. I doubt he is holding anything other than a large profit.

NotLambchop

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 11:27:14 PM

Smoothie is an early adopter. Unlike you he didn't sell out early and regret it. I doubt he is holding anything other than a large profit.

Only if he's not a permabull & sold for fiat.  Remember the "you haven't lost if you didn't sell" nonsense spouted 'round these parts?  Well, the converse holds true too:  You haven't profited if you didn't sell.

As far as regrets go, I could buy back just hair less then DOUBLE the coin I sold with the money I made by selling it.
dakota neat

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 11:34:18 PM

Only if he's not a permabull & sold for fiat.  Remember the "you haven't lost if you didn't sell" nonsense spouted 'round these parts?  Well, the converse holds true too:  You haven't profited if you didn't sell.

As far as regrets go, I could buy back just hair less then DOUBLE the coin I sold with the money I made by selling it.

Lol, silly. Can you forsee the future?
http://qz.com/317958/how-you-could-have-turned-1000-into-billions-of-dollars-by-perfectly-trading-the-sp-500-in-2014/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: