Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:10:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is Africa stuck in the stone age?  (Read 11254 times)
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 01:02:19 PM

Hispanic-Black =)

Maybe you (white) guys can find some vacant plots in the neighborhood of the native-american reservations to make your own reservations Smiley.
cryptocoiner

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

hyperboria - next internet

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 01:20:57 PM

Hispanic-Black =)

Maybe you (white) guys can find some vacant plots in the neighborhood of the native-american reservations to make your own reservations Smiley.

im not white

Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 02:05:46 PM

Hispanic-Black =)

im not white

OK. Then replace "you (white) guys" with "your (white) guys" and "make your own" with "make their own". Is this OK now Smiley?
hashman
Legendary

Activity: 1264
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 03:30:45 PM

This is downtown Harare (Zimbabwe)
built by white settlers
Does the entire West look like this (detroit)?  
not representative of "the west" because 84% black

lol, we've got another one of these ultralow iq folks caught in this thread.  It seems a useful honeypot here attracting the unhappy and mentally challened.  

I don't think that being politically "incorrect" would be a sign of being "unhappy and mentally challened". Trying to almost "religiously" suppress criticism and force PC over the success of the integration projects and some behavioral patterns in certain ethnic groups is more of the sign of low IQ... or a political agenda.
BTW in central Europe we have the same issues with gypsies and the left/lib (aka. libsy) politicians.

There's a difference between political incorrectness and trying to base arguments on terms without definitions and making points that only serve to make the speaker look like an idiot.  Calling people on such behavior is hardly a political agenda.

I don't have a problem with referring to specific people with imperfect and non-PC terms (e.g. saying those gypsies staying in the park now are dangerous)  but referring to exactly nobody with no point solely for scapegoating and spreading your unhappiness (e.g. saying white people have low IQs) is just waving the stupid flag. 
saddampbuh
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 05:48:09 PM

lol, we've got another one of these ultralow iq folks caught in this thread.  It seems a useful honeypot here attracting the unhappy and mentally challenged.  
pointing out that it doesn't make sense to use a city built by europeans as an example of african success and an american city run by blacks as an example of western failure means i must have a low iq?

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 06:49:44 PM

lol, we've got another one of these ultralow iq folks caught in this thread.  It seems a useful honeypot here attracting the unhappy and mentally challenged.  
pointing out that it doesn't make sense to use a city built by europeans as an example of african success and an american city run by blacks as an example of western failure means i must have a low iq?

Relax. The fact that hashman is a Hero Member who likes to pick of people, doesn't necessarily mean that he is a troll. Rather, it suggests that he is a paid troll.

Grin

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
AllTheBitz

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 10:05:25 PM

built by white settlers
Does the entire West look like this (detroit)?  
not representative of "the west" because 84% black

Yeah I know he's low iq because he's' got opinions and facts right!

▓▓▓▓   New Real-time Cryptocurrency Exchange            → CREATE  ACCOUNT ▓▓▓▓
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅  BIT-X.com  ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
▓▓▓▓   Supported Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP → OFFICIAL THREAD ▓▓▓▓
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 10:30:22 PM

South Africa proves that when white people populate Africa then it can become relatively devloped and wealthy. People don't want to talk about the Elephant in the room. Yes I believe Africa has been exploited over the decades BIT AfricaNs have to take responsibility in the end. Be it their backward beliefs, IQ?, culture of progressing, spiritual darkness (much of Africa has been quite demonic with Witchcraft being the norm) Christianity is a relatively recent thing and is often mixed with old beliefs.

African will eventually rise and will do so due to China, Africa will be the last of the industrial revolutions in the world. It should really be the richest place on Earth just based on natural resources which have been pludred by the West and now the East.
malaimult

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 02:18:52 AM

OP doesn't want to sound like a dick, but generalized an entire continent by saying it's in the "stone age"?

photo host

Does the entire West look like this (detroit)?  (answer:  no)

photo hosting sites
I think it is fair to say that the standard of living and available technology in Africa is much less then it is in the west. Just because there are skyscrapers does not mean that technology is being used inside of them.

Skyscrapers have been around for decades, long before even the internet was invented

hashman
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 05:14:55 AM

Yes it does. 

1) You suggesting that city was built by migrant labor from Europe.   

2) What do you mean by "black" ?   Seriously.  Enlighten us as to the scientific definition you propose.  Richard Pryor said he saw no black people in Africa, he saw Africans.   

If you think IQ tests have any validity you are already an idiot.  If you think they have some meaning in regards to other generalized terms such as "black" or "white" or "tan"..  it becomes clear you have the intelligence of mealworms. 
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 05:44:43 AM

Yes it does. 

2) What do you mean by "black" ?   Seriously.  Enlighten us as to the scientific definition you propose.  Richard Pryor said he saw no black people in Africa, he saw Africans.   

If you think IQ tests have any validity you are already an idiot.  If you think they have some meaning in regards to other generalized terms such as "black" or "white" or "tan"..  it becomes clear you have the intelligence of mealworms. 

Oops! I need to apologize and restate.

Years ago there were several times that I took IQ tests. The tests were subdivide into sections, sections for each of several different disciplines. I tested out rather high on math and language. There were other areas that I tested rather low on... even under 100 on a couple.

People who design the IQ tests generally can't design the tests to accurately measure IQs over 200. The reason is that there are too many variables involved with people who have that high of an IQ. An additional reason is that those who devise the tests often aren't of a high enough IQ themselves so that they can accurately devise tests for high IQ people.

The reason that I am writing this post is that I may have been unfair to hashman. It is obvious from hashman's usage of the language that he is of a reasonably high IQ with regard to using it. (Please forgive my usage of "he" with regard to hashman. I have no idea of "his" gender, but am simply using the masculine form for brevity.)

At the same time, it is obvious that hashman is of a rather low IQ in areas of judging people's intelligence based on results of IQ tests. In addition, it seems that his IQ regarding general respect of people that most of us try to maintain with others, is rather low. There is nothing wrong with this. It simply is what it is.

Because of the above, I apologize for any seemingly critically adverse language I might have used with hashman. He is simply acting within his IQ range... higher in some areas, and lower in other areas.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 08:36:10 AM

Bringing Africa to the same level as the West would be serious mistake. It is imperative that they are allowed to maintain their current state for as long as they're happy with their way of life. It seems that people, scientists included, greatly underestimate the impact of diversity on human evolution. Having elements from as many self-contained unique 'universes' as possible is essential for both intellectual and metaphysical growth. At humanity's current level, a homogeneous world would mean stagnation, with traits similar to what you would expect to find in an inbred community. Humanity would still continue to evolve but within a much more restricted space and along a completely different path. The thing is no one would even be aware of this.
saddampbuh
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 09:43:33 AM

harare is as european as the pyramids are egyptian. higher tier races using black labour to carry heavy stones around doesn't mean blacks get the credit for creating anything.

i mean the african americans who live in detroit. this is the term they use for themselves.

because race is a social construct, right?

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
picolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 10:00:08 AM

The African nations have been independent for enough time to take credit of their success and failures. Detroit is a failure of big government.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 03:11:36 PM

Before the racists plague this thread with their bullshit, as has already been said the African continent has been deliberately kept in a primitive state by more advanced nations, no one can say for sure why but to me the most obvious answer would be resources.

Africa is still after all this time a resource rich continent, even if the Africans didn't unite but somehow managed to learn to fend for themselves and get just as advanced as the rest of the world that would mean bad news for other countries because they could no longer take advantage of their poverty and buy up their resources cheap.

While I won't claim any conspiracy theory in regards to aids and ebola on that continent I do agree that colonialism is most likely the biggest cause of their problems, we've often seen how much empire building can fuck up a country and the Africans have had to deal with that shit for hundreds of years.

I agree with this.  Keep them poor so we can pillage their resources.  Fund their warlords so the countries cannot rise up.  Very easy to do and very disgusting.. Our leaders are the def of evil.
hashman
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 03:24:51 PM

harare is as european as the pyramids are egyptian. higher tier races using black labour to carry heavy stones around doesn't mean blacks get the credit for creating anything.

i mean the african americans who live in detroit. this is the term they use for themselves.

because race is a social construct, right?

A few hundred years ago you would be forgiven for thinking light skinned people were just dumber than everybody else, clearly more unhappy and more likely to shoot themselves in the foot, beat their kids, kill their parents, salt their own lands and destroy their own crops etc.  Today however, where cultural background is obviously not determined by phenotype and people with genetic heritage from every corner of the globe grow up speaking whatever language is around them and adapting whatever customs around them, it is clear such assumptions are wrong.  Well, it's clear if you are willing to look around and learn from things you observe in the world around you.  With enough child abuse and brainwashing that skill seems to have been lost in some sectors of the population. 

By all means, if the only thing about yourself you can find to be proud of is the shape of your nose or some other merit free feature, grasp onto it and repeat again and again how important it is.  Sure beats practicing a skill or doing something useful with your life don't you think? 

BRE
Legendary

Activity: 1218

Lucky.lat | Marketing Solutions & Implementations

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 03:50:04 PM

Africa now is better than before , but yes some country there still poor if we compare to  other country in this world.
Some country there still at war and have disease problem , i think that the reason why they can't build their economic.
I wonder why some diseases always start in africa countries , like ebola and aids.

Ebola first case are found in Nzara, Sudan, and the other in Yambuku, Democratic Republic of Congo.
Source : http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs103/en/

HIV virus first found in a human was detected in a blood sample collected in 1959 from a man in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo
Source : http://www.theaidsinstitute.org/node/259

Lucky.lat | Marketing Solutions & Implementations

https://lucky.lat/

Contact Us!
sales@lucky.lat
Stifler

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 04:04:04 PM

This is not meant to be an offensive post, I am genuinely curious as to why Africa is so far behind the rest of the world.

The Roman Empire had running water, amenities, reliable shelter and clothing for its entire populace 2,000 years ago. 2,000 FRIGGIN YEARS AGO. They created art, sculptures, vast architecture using 2,000 YEAR OLD technology yet if you go to a random area in Africa, it is plagued by poverty, destitution and just overall squalor.

Why is Africa 2000+ years behind the rest of the world and what can be done to correct this??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonialism

This is what I was going to say. It's in poverty because the West raped it of wealth. And besides, a lot of what you say it ignorant bs. Africa had many contributions to science and technology and architecture etc but of course their history is compeltly whitewashed.

Not to be confused with the user sifter Tongue.
saddampbuh
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 05:11:22 PM

A few hundred years ago you would be forgiven for thinking light skinned people were just dumber than everybody else, clearly more unhappy and more likely to shoot themselves in the foot, beat their kids, kill their parents, salt their own lands and destroy their own crops etc.  Today however, where cultural background is obviously not determined by phenotype and people with genetic heritage from every corner of the globe grow up speaking whatever language is around them and adapting whatever customs around them, it is clear such assumptions are wrong.  Well, it's clear if you are willing to look around and learn from things you observe in the world around you.  With enough child abuse and brainwashing that skill seems to have been lost in some sectors of the population.  
might be clear and obvious to rich liberals in ivory tower gated communities but not to those forced to live among them. blacks who grow up in european countries are at the bottom of whatever socioeconomic indicators you look at despite living in these countries for decades and insome cases centuries. drop out rates,welfare dependency, criminality, promiscuity and illegitimacy,pick anything and blacks will be at the bottom. wherever africans go they take africa with them. not so for other races who do adapt and succeed but blacks alone keep banging on about colonialism and slavery and blaming others for their faults all the while being egged on by white and jewish liberals

This is what I was going to say. It's in poverty because the West raped it of wealth. And besides, a lot of what you say it ignorant bs. Africa had many contributions to science and technology and architecture etc but of course their history is compeltly whitewashed.
i know right. blacks had sailboats 50000 years ago and used them to go to the moon.

Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 05:16:14 PM

They lack stable institutions of private property and there is a culture of social responsibility. The first is relatively strait forward so let me explain in more depth the second. By the second i mean that, if one is successful he is expected to give the fruits of his success to the less successful in his society. This means that there is both less incentive to become successful. But more importantly that when one does become successful, generally as a result of making savvy decisions, he is obliged to give the products of his savvy decision making to people who are less fortunate. People who are less fortunate are generally less fortunate because they make less savvy decisions with how to apply their resources. This constitutes a transfer from good decision makers to bad decision makers any time there is savings. It obstructs the process of capital accumulation. Wealth that would have been plowed back into the economy to create new means of production for future prosperity, is instead used on consumption in the here and now. Thus they remain in a state almost entirely devoid of all but the most rudimentary capital infrastructure.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: