Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:11:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I invested in bitcoin  (Read 7210 times)
MikeCoin

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 10:00:51 AM

Bitcoin is dropping every day.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 10:02:45 AM

True story

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
BitcoinFreak12

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2015, 05:29:39 PM

So what it needs a more stable price for merchandise. That doesn't mean that it will be destroyed, it means just that the 1000$ BTC was too overvalued and the market needs to adjust. The lower BTC is the real BTC, not the speculative inflated bubble price, that was in 2013, that was ridiculously high, of course it will drop from there.

I think it wont drop below 300$, that will be a stable price.
Crypty3

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 10:42:40 PM

Well this escalated quickly.....

Bitcoin created new winners a year ago, now it's creating new losers who still on the boat  Smiley

he's young
he's Mike
he talks a load of shite

tulip mania
tulip mania

I'm the man with crypto profits made a year ago, you are a newbie account feeding whales  Smiley

You are the man that is soooo negative.
Do the community a favour.
Take your profit and get out of this forum as nothing you say is worthwhile
sdersdf3

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 11:24:36 AM

Do you guys think Bitcoins will rebuild themselves here?  It seems rather scary and hard to get people invovled with Bitcoin continually going down for the last year.  Everyone I try to talk to tells me they don't want to get involved because it will crash

What do you mean rebuild themselves? Tell people not to fixate on the current price but it's potential value in the future. Bitcoin is more than just a currency it's an entire network that many industries and companies can benefit from using.

If that were true and we assume the market is a halfway decent discounting mechanism, this would be priced in. Instead, the market is treating bitcoin like just another pump-and-dump altcoin. All the big trading action these days is in shorting it.
Crypty3

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 11:48:04 AM

Do you guys think Bitcoins will rebuild themselves here?  It seems rather scary and hard to get people invovled with Bitcoin continually going down for the last year.  Everyone I try to talk to tells me they don't want to get involved because it will crash

What do you mean rebuild themselves? Tell people not to fixate on the current price but it's potential value in the future. Bitcoin is more than just a currency it's an entire network that many industries and companies can benefit from using.

If that were true and we assume the market is a halfway decent discounting mechanism, this would be priced in. Instead, the market is treating bitcoin like just another pump-and-dump altcoin. All the big trading action these days is in shorting it.
I also think the selling pressure from merchants is having downward pressure on the market. I struggle to see how this downward pressure will be adverted without large money coming in. I also doubt this large money won't be in BTC anytime soon, due to the fingers burnt a year ago.
mlferro

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 02:54:27 PM

True story
really, what remains is expected to rise and so sell we buy this low of epoch

Aemon

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 07:34:17 PM

Of course Bitcoin is dropping everyday.  People are panicking and selling and the supply is becoming more great than the demand.  What we need is for people to start buying and hoarding coins so they are hard to get so it increases the value. 
needFREElunch

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Hi

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 07:59:26 PM

I also think the selling pressure from merchants is having downward pressure on the market. I struggle to see how this downward pressure will be adverted without large money coming in. I also doubt this large money won't be in BTC anytime soon, due to the fingers burnt a year ago.
I would argue that merchants accepting bitcoin is going to have a net positive affect on the price and chances of sucess of bitcoin. Many people that end up spending bitcoin are going to have to buy bitcoin on an exchange and may not spend all the bitcoin they purhcase

Kipsy89

Relax!

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 08:05:35 PM

Yeah, it really revolutionizes everything! Only you yourself are in control of your money. This is insane. It took me a couple of months to really "get" Bitcoin to be honest, but once you start to grasp the whole concept and the implications, you do realize what an amazing technology it is!!!

elephantas1

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 08:05:48 PM

Of course Bitcoin is dropping everyday.  People are panicking and selling and the supply is becoming more great than the demand.  What we need is for people to start buying and hoarding coins so they are hard to get so it increases the value. 
its impossible to stop them because there always be such people who sells it the one thing we need is to attract new investors who would buy it
Aemon

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 08:13:53 PM

its impossible to stop them because there always be such people who sells it the one thing we need is to attract new investors who would buy it

It is super hard to get people into something that has been sliding for over a year.  As any investor would look at this and say, Bitcoin will crash with in 1 year, why should I invest.  It is way to hard to get new investors
thetimeisnow001

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 12:26:05 AM

I made a video on why I think Bitcoin is a strong investment, check it out, your feedback is welcome!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-7IjeQvFVU
freedombit

Activity: 274

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 04:09:30 AM

The people here clearly do not understand what "investment" is.

Investment is a claim on long-term cash flow from a security. Bitcoin has no cash flow. You cannot "invest" in Bitcoin - or in gold, or in a fiat currency, for that matter. You can save, hoard or speculate in these things - but you cannot invest in them.

If you bought bitcoins because you thought they were going up in price, you were speculating. If you bought them because you thought they were useful technology and the future belongs to them, you've made an expenditure - just like when buying a new computer or an electric car or whatever.

If you are staring at your "paper loss" because Bitcoin is now worth less in some fiat currency than when you bought it, you've just made an unsuccessful speculation. Live with it - speculators do that all the time. If you think that Bitcoin is less useful now than when you bought it (or hasn't served your needs for the time you've owned it), then you've simply made a bad purchase - people do that all the time. If neither is the case, then why would its exchange ratio with fiat currencies matter to you?

Thank you.
NandChipProvider

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 04:22:32 AM

Investment is a claim on long-term cash flow from a security. Bitcoin has no cash flow. You cannot "invest" in Bitcoin - or in gold, or in a fiat currency, for that matter. You can save, hoard or speculate in these things - but you cannot invest in them.

If you bought bitcoins because you thought they were going up in price, you were speculating. If you bought them because you thought they were useful technology and the future belongs to them, you've made an expenditure - just like when buying a new computer or an electric car or whatever.

If you are staring at your "paper loss" because Bitcoin is now worth less in some fiat currency than when you bought it, you've just made an unsuccessful speculation. Live with it - speculators do that all the time. If you think that Bitcoin is less useful now than when you bought it (or hasn't served your needs for the time you've owned it), then you've simply made a bad purchase - people do that all the time. If neither is the case, then why would its exchange ratio with fiat currencies matter to you?

now finally some words with sense.
#longterm #cheapcoin #investment
sdersdf3

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:29:14 PM

Problem is that BTC is not giving enough people enough good reason to buy enough of it. Needs a killer app. Ethereum, Counterparty and NectarCoin seem to have the right ideas in that regard.
sdersdf3

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:30:44 PM

Of course Bitcoin is dropping everyday.  People are panicking and selling and the supply is becoming more great than the demand.  What we need is for people to start buying and hoarding coins so they are hard to get so it increases the value.  

It is super hard to get people into something that has been sliding for over a year.  As any investor would look at this and say, Bitcoin will crash with in 1 year, why should I invest.  It is way to hard to get new investors

+1

Anyone looking at a historical chart would not find bitcoin to be a reliable store of value, to say nothing of a good investment, but maybe we're looking at the capitulation that comes before a bounce.

Still, one thing to get really worried about is the risk of a big holder throwing up his hands and mega-dumping, like Winkelvosses or Satoshi himself.
sdersdf3

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:34:07 PM

now finally some words with sense.
#longterm #cheapcoin #investment

This is mostly true except that currencies are in some limited sense an investment in that you're investing indirectly in the ecosystem behind them. The US dollar's strong when the US economy's relatively strong and vice versa. Same goes for most currencies in other countries.

One of the reason's bitcoin is weak is because it lacks a killer app and the ecosystem isn't as strong as it should be. Adoption is the big issue - it's lacking big time.
Balls

Activity: 338

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:59:24 PM

It is super hard to get people into something that has been sliding for over a year.  As any investor would look at this and say, Bitcoin will crash with in 1 year, why should I invest.  It is way to hard to get new investors

Or maybe they can see the potential in its future value. Bitcoin could/can still be huge and there are entire industries that can benefit from it. Personally I think people just need patience as it's not going to happen over night, but just remember the risks if you are investing. Bitcoin is still an experiment really and only time will tell whether it's successful.
sdersdf3

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 03:05:49 PM

Or maybe they can see the potential in its future value. Bitcoin could/can still be huge and there are entire industries that can benefit from it. Personally I think people just need patience as it's not going to happen over night, but just remember the risks if you are investing. Bitcoin is still an experiment really and only time will tell whether it's successful.

Replace Bitcoin with blockchain technology
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: