Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:11:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I invested in bitcoin  (Read 7210 times)
LordSonjai (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 02:31:05 PM

We all know the potential behind bitcoin but most of us,some now willing to admit it. Are here to make money,the American dream.
I believe bitcoin will create new winners,and new losers. Society is advancing,I could elaborate on how we are still stuck in our barbaric human ways but that is a story for another time. Although their is indeed a mystery behind bitcoin that could leave many of us broken,I feel as if I should take any opportunity I can if it can assure me and my family a better future. I don't want to be one of the people that share stories to their children or grandchildren about the time I could of been a millionaire.

This life will be over before I know it,time goes by fast,which once again points me into towards my opening point that society is advancing. I am sure people never would of imagined we would be driving cars,a lot of people were absolutely fine going 25 miles per hour on a camels back.

Anyway,not going to elaborate on the risk of bitcoin. Because ultimately I don't know the risk. I don't know where its going,Don't know where it even came from. But one thing is for damn sure,you got to risk it to get the biscuit,and scared money doesn't make money.

Its not just the greed,its not just the money,the money is just half of the pie. The other half,is the fact THAT FIAT IS SHIT! ITS A GOD DAMN LIE.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
finnile

Activity: 196
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 04:03:29 PM

Anyway,not going to elaborate on the risk of bitcoin. Because ultimately I don't know the risk. I don't know where its going,Don't know where it even came from. But one thing is for damn sure,you got to risk it to get the biscuit,and scared money doesn't make money.

Its not just the greed,its not just the money,the money is just half of the pie. The other half,is the fact THAT FIAT IS SHIT! ITS A GOD DAMN LIE.
Well, scared money doesnt make money s true, but you also have to make wise decisions to invest in bitcoins. Why do you think, a particulat price is good? Why isnt a 100$/bitcoin a strong price as well? Just because FIAT is weak in some areas doesnt mean bitcoin would boom.

LordSonjai (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 04:11:39 PM

Well, scared money doesnt make money s true, but you also have to make wise decisions to invest in bitcoins. Why do you think, a particulat price is good? Why isnt a 100$/bitcoin a strong price as well? Just because FIAT is weak in some areas doesnt mean bitcoin would boom.

The key thing is knowing when to buy,100$ per coin would be idea or lower,but we may or may not see that happen. Bitcoin is a very interesting topic in terms of where it will go in the future,I don't know,I believe in bitcoin,a lot of power behind it. It gives you power of your money again that the government and banks steal from us. Why couldn't it go boom?
newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1049

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 04:20:57 PM

The key thing is knowing when to buy,100$ per coin would be idea or lower,but we may or may not see that happen. Bitcoin is a very interesting topic in terms of where it will go in the future,I don't know,I believe in bitcoin,a lot of power behind it. It gives you power of your money again that the government and banks steal from us. Why couldn't it go boom?

The downside of bitcoin trading is u never know which one is the lowest point. From 500 I'm guessing that is the lowest and still buying Cry

LordSonjai (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

The downside of bitcoin trading is u never know which one is the lowest point. From 500 I'm guessing that is the lowest and still buying Cry

I agree with you I bought some and made some but my last purchase was at 358 so as you can see i am in a poor place right now. I am assuming it is going to dip to 280 and than go back up. But that is a downside for sure,the only one I can think of,that pretty much the volatility in a nut shell.
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 07:23:36 PM

Because ultimately I don't know the risk. I don't know where its going,Don't know where it even came from.

Smart investors have risk management, investing in something you do not know is a bad investment.

bitcoin has a lot less risk compared to 12 months ago.

Research your investment so you can promote it and bring in other investors, such as merchants, consumers etc

this reduces your risk as well

Grin
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 07:39:54 PM

Because ultimately I don't know the risk. I don't know where its going,Don't know where it even came from.

Smart investors have risk management, investing in something you do not know is a bad investment.

Research your investment so you can promote it and bring in other investors, such as merchants, consumers etc

none of the early adopters knew and yet they mined and traded ,
some cashed out at 10 ,20 .50 ,100 ,500 ,1000 etc and made a " good return" on their investment without fully knowing where it would go

people  who bought  into google ,ebay ,apple or facebook in the 90s etc probably never knew the returns would be astronomical
because it hadnt been done before

part of invesating in anything new is theres an element of  risk but the rewards can be 100's x times your investment  back

if you cant deal with any risk find a bank or trust  and make 3-8% a year
bitz-bee.com

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 07:46:14 PM

If you'd like more btc for next to nothing and a clear out, sell some pre-loved bits and bobs on here https://www.bitz-bee.com too.

LordSonjai (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 08:07:23 PM

thanks for dropping that gem on me but no matter how much I research I will never know where bitcoin is going.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 01:43:15 AM

My first experience with Bitcoin was solely for financial benefit.

After a while I invested some time in getting to know what Bitcoin exactly is and how it works.

I believe in Bitcoin, and also have to admit that I like to make some decent profits.

Nothing wrong with that. At this point there is plenty room for profitable trading.
dimsky

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 07:17:53 AM

Do those that invest in bitcoins also use it in everyday lives? It's one thing to hoard and another to spread its acceptance.
turvarya

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 09:08:59 AM

I look at it pretty simple.
For all the potential bitcoin has a market cap of $ 4,273,500,416 is not enough.
That gives me confidence, that the price will raise eventually

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.
Vessko

Activity: 139

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 09:56:18 AM

The people here clearly do not understand what "investment" is.

Investment is a claim on long-term cash flow from a security. Bitcoin has no cash flow. You cannot "invest" in Bitcoin - or in gold, or in a fiat currency, for that matter. You can save, hoard or speculate in these things - but you cannot invest in them.

If you bought bitcoins because you thought they were going up in price, you were speculating. If you bought them because you thought they were useful technology and the future belongs to them, you've made an expenditure - just like when buying a new computer or an electric car or whatever.

If you are staring at your "paper loss" because Bitcoin is now worth less in some fiat currency than when you bought it, you've just made an unsuccessful speculation. Live with it - speculators do that all the time. If you think that Bitcoin is less useful now than when you bought it (or hasn't served your needs for the time you've owned it), then you've simply made a bad purchase - people do that all the time. If neither is the case, then why would its exchange ratio with fiat currencies matter to you?
turvarya

Activity: 714

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 10:18:14 AM

The people here clearly do not understand what "investment" is.

Investment is a claim on long-term cash flow from a security. Bitcoin has no cash flow. You cannot "invest" in Bitcoin - or in gold, or in a fiat currency, for that matter. You can save, hoard or speculate in these things - but you cannot invest in them.

If you bought bitcoins because you thought they were going up in price, you were speculating. If you bought them because you thought they were useful technology and the future belongs to them, you've made an expenditure - just like when buying a new computer or an electric car or whatever.

If you are staring at your "paper loss" because Bitcoin is now worth less in some fiat currency than when you bought it, you've just made an unsuccessful speculation. Live with it - speculators do that all the time. If you think that Bitcoin is less useful now than when you bought it (or hasn't served your needs for the time you've owned it), then you've simply made a bad purchase - people do that all the time. If neither is the case, then why would its exchange ratio with fiat currencies matter to you?
I still see it as an investment, since I invested into something, which with(is that proper english?) I could buy something in the future. It's not a speculation since I don't plan to sell back for fiat.
Comparing it to a computer is a bad example, since computer lose value over time(either because it is used or because there is a better computer coming out).
It is also an investment into companies that use Bitcoin, like when you buy stocks from a company. Sure, you can just use it for speculation, but the company still good money(an investment) from you.

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.
youngmike

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 11:57:43 AM

Bitcoin created new winners a year ago, now it's creating new losers who still on the boat  Smiley
Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2014, 01:07:04 PM

For me, it is about technology which I think is what makes bitcoin special. Who would have thought you could have a currency that is supported by the network maintained solely by the community. Nobody can shut it down, nobody can control it (unlike fiat) and that is where the value lies

swansong

Activity: 151

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 01:53:42 PM

this.
Aemon

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 02:09:29 PM

When I first heard about Bitcoin, to be honest I wasn't sold at all.  I thought it was much like coins you could purchase in games, worthless.

Man do I wish I could go back in time and slap myself and did some more reading on it.  Too late now, I got in the game though and that is all that matters
princesocapuyo

Activity: 238

Presale is live!

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 02:27:30 PM

Most of us invest in BTC because we know it will have a great future. In my case I love the technology around it, I believe it's the future. Of course we all want to make profit as well Tongue

Sindelar1938

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 02:39:56 PM

I just bought some. I think it's a fabulous long term buying opportunity...

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: