Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:59:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The bubble has popped, slow decline to $3 on the way  (Read 11226 times)
mem (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 01:44:35 AM

Im happy to report I have bought recently 500 btc so far from wise bitcoiners at $4.50 USD Smiley
Im still happy to bail anyone else out at the quoted price of $4.50 as the price approaches $5. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hexadecibel
Human Intranet Liason
VIP

Activity: 571
Merit: 504

I still <3 u Satoshi

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 02:09:19 AM

Im happy to report I have bought recently 500 btc so far from wise bitcoiners at $4.50 USD Smiley
Im still happy to bail anyone else out at the quoted price of $4.50 as the price approaches $5.  

sadpandatech

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 02:26:28 AM

Heyyy, I thought you said it was supposed to be approaching $3?  I can't pull back my shorts so I can catch your new $5...  I is gonna be broke now?

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 02:32:41 AM

Tits or GTFO!
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 03:25:35 AM

And in a related development Idi Amin is still dead.  ^^+1, but just jump to the GTFO part.
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 03:31:14 AM

you got screwed! you could have bought at $3
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2012, 04:03:47 AM

mem congrats to that expert level troll thread.
sadpandatech

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 04:07:07 AM

mem congrats to that expert level troll thread.
you're late. you missed the qubit derailer EPR detanglement system discussion.

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 04:34:11 AM

So long as we're throwing wild personal opinions around, here is my own. I don't believe that the military or government has any computer technology that is significantly more advanced than what we are seeing in known academic research laboratories and private research programs.  Even if they wera able to create a super-quantum computer, the advantage would be so short lived against the rest of the world following behind, I don't think it would even make sense from a budgetary and strategic point of view. I remember in the 90's there was a lot of speculation about the kind of incredible computer technology that the government and military must have had, because we were coming from a time when the highest technology traditionally came from government and military programs. That's not really true anymore, and it wasn't really true then either. As it turns out, the government did not have any computer technology that was superior to technology held by any number of academic and private institutions and I don't think this has changed, especially in these economic times. I think this idea is no different than the formerly widely held belief that the american military is so advanced and powerful that they would certainly walk all over any technologically inferior country like say, Vietnam, Iraq or Afghanistan with no trouble whatsoever. It's all smoke and mirrors, anyone remember the Aurora aircaft? Off the top of my head the only project I can think of that succeeded in creating a super technology well ahead of the curve, was the Manhatten project, but even that supremacy was very short lived. Even the internet, their greatest and most successful endeavor, did not experience its renaissance until it was opened to public and private institutions. They simply cannot compete on their own aginst that open market, not anymore.

I was in the Army 2003-2007. Saw a lot of things. Nothing of which made me think our (my) government was all powerful technology wise, when the insurgence were taking out our armored assets with homemade explosives.

Friend of mine was military intelligence with top secrete clearance. While he did not divulge anything to me (rightly so) he did say the world was a lot more mundane than what people would like to believe...

Oo, the army eh?

By the way, there's like 3 dozen clearances above top secret.

I know because I know someone that had a clearance 14 levels above top secret.
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2012, 04:46:15 AM

What I got until now... price didn't reach $3 because everyone measured it's state and then changed upwards. I got it right?

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 05:34:16 AM

lry.

Personally, I'm not familiar with much else beyond top secrete clearance. My own clearance was Secret. A cursory search though does not reveal 14 levels above top secrete.

Maybe those levels are secret. In which case you aren't supposed to know about them. Your friend sucks at his job.

He got out of government work about a decade ago.  He said he wouldn't tell me anything that he knew was supposed to be kept confidential because he knew I would likely tell someone sooner or later.  But he did say that it was because of the things he couldn't tell me that he got out of government work.

Btw, I'm sorry about your buddy, the driver  Sad
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 05:47:49 AM

lry.

Personally, I'm not familiar with much else beyond top secrete clearance. My own clearance was Secret. A cursory search though does not reveal 14 levels above top secrete.

Maybe those levels are secret. In which case you aren't supposed to know about them. Your friend sucks at his job.

He got out of government work about a decade ago.  He said he wouldn't tell me anything that he knew was supposed to be kept confidential because he knew I would likely tell someone sooner or later.  But he did say that it was because of the things he couldn't tell me that he got out of government work.

Btw, I'm sorry about your buddy, the driver  Sad

Gardner? Don't worry that retard survived. Amazingly no one was injured, but had he been driving a bit faster it would have gone off under the cab instead of under the engine.

Glad to hear!
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 02:58:00 PM

Friend of mine was military intelligence with top secrete clearance. While he did not divulge anything to me (rightly so) he did say the world was a lot more mundane than what people would like to believe...

The truth right there. There is no secret society or aliens controlling everything, it's just us brothers and sisters.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
bulanula

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 04:23:00 PM

The truth right there. There is no secret society or aliens controlling everything, it's just us brothers and sisters.

That's what they would like you to believe ... government / military technology is MUCH more advanced than civilian tech.

They have quantum computers by now already for like 10 years I would speculate.

Nice troll thread BTW.
dancupid

Activity: 955
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 04:26:04 PM

And our Mothers - I think it's the Mothers who control everything. Why won't she leave me alone? I'm 42!
Bigpiggy01

Activity: 1138
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2012, 04:32:14 PM

Surely you are forgetting something http://theoatmeal.com/comics/pigs

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
   ▄██████████████████▀ ▄▄██▀
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄
[ POW Algorithm: GhostRider    Anti-FPGA/ASIC ]
Assets/Tokens Masternodes Smart Contracts

.51% / Double Spend Protection, Instant Speed, Private Send.
▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
trogdorjw73

Activity: 482

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2012, 05:10:58 PM

That's what they would like you to believe ... government / military technology is MUCH more advanced than civilian tech.

Nice troll thread BTW.
Looks like the joint has someone else smoking his product that creates a "sci-fi is real TODAY" mindset. When Intel starts releasing quantum processors, that's when the government will have had quantum computers for a few years. Right now, no one is even close to real-world QC "chips".

the joint
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 07:41:58 PM

Nice troll thread BTW.
Looks like the joint has someone else smoking his product that creates a "sci-fi is real TODAY" mindset. When Intel starts releasing quantum processors, that's when the government will have had quantum computers for a few years. Right now, no one is even close to real-world QC "chips".

Roll Eyes
trogdorjw73

Activity: 482

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2012, 09:39:06 PM

Nice troll thread BTW.

Roll Eyes
Roll Eyes to you as well. As far as I'm concerned, you're both "conspiracy nuts". Do you speculate that the moon landings didn't really happen as well? I speculate that no one is anywhere near creating a large scale, practical quantum computer. At best, I'd say they're at the level of the pre-ENIAC computers. Another 10 years, maybe we'll have the quantum computing equivalent of ENIAC (e.g. you have to hand program it for each calculation, it will be massive in size, requiring cooling and power that are insane, and various portions of the device frequently fail and need to be replaced/fixed). In fifty years, when I'm a freaking old man, perhaps I'll be reminiscing about how "back when I was young, we had 256-bit encryption and thought it wouldn't get cracked in our lifetime!"

sadpandatech

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 10:01:45 PM

Roll Eyes to you as well. As far as I'm concerned, you're both "conspiracy nuts". Do you speculate that the moon landings didn't really happen as well? I speculate that no one is anywhere near creating a large scale, practical quantum computer. At best, I'd say they're at the level of the pre-ENIAC computers. Another 10 years, maybe we'll have the quantum computing equivalent of ENIAC (e.g. you have to hand program it for each calculation, it will be massive in size, requiring cooling and power that are insane, and various portions of the device frequently fail and need to be replaced/fixed). In fifty years, when I'm a freaking old man, perhaps I'll be reminiscing about how "back when I was young, we had 256-bit encryption and thought it wouldn't get cracked in our lifetime!"

you're a sci-fi hater. Cry

- GA

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: