Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:43:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: OVERVIEW: BITCOIN HARDWARE WALLETS █████████████████ Secure your Coins  (Read 122191 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
PremiumCodeX

Activity: 1204
Merit: 531

Metaverse 👾 Cyberweapons

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 01:33:18 PM

Thank you for this compilation! According to the information I read in TREZOR's thread a new TREZOR is about to be released. Will I be able to see in the thread so is this thread still updated? If yes, could you please check the invalid pictures or is it just me?

[TUTORIAL] How to steal $350 000?
Best OS for recovering stolen BTCs.
Visit our FREE Bitcointalk thread.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
blg42598

Activity: 867
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 02:53:15 AM

Any thoughts on Case?

https://choosecase.com/index.html
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2016, 03:07:40 AM

Thank you for this compilation! According to the information I read in TREZOR's thread a new TREZOR is about to be released. Will I be able to see in the thread so is this thread still updated? If yes, could you please check the invalid pictures or is it just me?

You probably will not see a photo of the Trezor 2.0 until the Hackathon at the end of September and not be able to buy until end of year from rumours I have heard.

BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2016, 03:11:28 AM

I bought one when they came out last year. This was before Android Marshmallow came out. Now I leave the Case at home and just use Breadwallet on Android as Marshmallow requires fingerprint verification to log in. I would put the $199 into a new phone instead if you do not have the latest iPhone or Nexus.

OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 04:33:29 PM

It's not exactly a hardware wallet (close), but I received the OPENDIME devices just the other day.  They are a simplified version, more-or-less a disposable "bearer-bond" device.

I am happy with mine, I tried it out, and they work fine.

Here is the thread, along with my comments:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1452987.40
CoolBitX

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 04:19:07 AM

CoolWallet is by far the most convenient and secure hardware wallet.
It is now available on: https://coolbitx.com/coolwallet/product.html
japerry

Activity: 306
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2016, 10:12:04 AM

CoolWallet is by far the most convenient and secure hardware wallet.
It is now available on: https://coolbitx.com/coolwallet/product.html

What leads you to this conclusion? ALL of the hardware wallets are secure! Please explain why you think Coolwallet is the *MOST* secure?

Or are you just an advertising shill?

blg42598

Activity: 867
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 05:32:03 PM

Waiting for Trezor 2
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2016, 06:23:48 PM

CoolWallet has some interesting features but is priced at $119. You can get a Trezor for $99 or a Ledger Nano S for $65. The CoolWallet devs need to make a case, explain why someone in the market should pay more for a CoolWallet. Also the next gen hardware wallets like Trezor 2 and Ledger Blue will be coming out late this year or first quarter 2017. People who buy hardware wallets tend to buy from companies who have been around a few years with proven products.

japerry

Activity: 306

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2016, 06:33:43 PM

CoolWallet has some interesting features but is priced at $119. You can get a Trezor for $99 or a Ledger Nano S for $65. The CoolWallet devs need to make a case, explain why someone in the market should pay more for a CoolWallet. Also the next gen hardware wallets like Trezor 2 and Ledger Blue will be coming out late this year or first quarter 2017. People who buy hardware wallets tend to buy from companies who have been around a few years with proven products.

Don't get me wrong... I'm not saying that CoolWallet is good or bad. My issue is people that do drive-by posts saying that something is the "best" with no other reasoning or supportive documentation behind it. Then... You click on the link and it's a referral link to the product. I'd like to say "Duff beer is the best" and then put in a referral link to "Duff Beer" but I don't. If someone says something is "the best, most secure, etc" I'd like to know why they think so.

CoolBitX

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 07:27:24 AM

Perhaps I should put : the most convenient hardware wallet. But that will take newbies a little bit more time to understand that it means great security as well.

CoolWallet is worth having because it gives you great convenience and mobility while not losing security. It connects with your smartphone via Bluetooth, giving you ability to make transactions on the go without having to bring a laptop for wallets that work with USB port.

Don't get me wrong... I'm not saying that CoolWallet is good or bad. My issue is people that do drive-by posts saying that something is the "best" with no other reasoning or supportive documentation behind it. Then... You click on the link and it's a referral link to the product. I'd like to say "Duff beer is the best" and then put in a referral link to "Duff Beer" but I don't. If someone says something is "the best, most secure, etc" I'd like to know why they think so.
tharani

Activity: 308

don't piss me off or else you will see the tigress

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2016, 11:36:04 AM
Last edit: September 05, 2016, 09:05:15 AM by tharani

Cool wallet is my choice can use it with any blue-tooth device , and just not usb devices , the only problem is that , they are asking us to keep a backup in-case we lose our bitcoins ,

on their website - (this means they have stated there as in  rules as like below)

Keep the recovery card in a safe place as if it gets damaged or lost, you will not be able to recover your wallet.

more here

https://blog.coolbitx.com/?isa_docs=generate-and-backup-your-wallet

but i wouldn't consider it for safekeeping my best bet would be ledger for huge amount of bitcoins and the bitcoin card / the cold wallet for daily use.

the best bet would be a card like wallet for daily use and a safe like wallet to lock it up !!!

Smiley

for safekeeping - https://www.keepkey.com/

for daily use - http://www.blochstech.com/  ,  http://www.bitcoincard.org/ and coolwallet.

recovery must be kept safe for all wallets , even for keepkey , so better to split up the bitcoins and write down your recovery key and keep it in a bank safe , thats the best way to safeguard your unused bitcoins.

send me a message if you want your signature to be posted
CoolBitX

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 03:26:32 AM

Here is a misunderstanding with "lose our bitcoins on their website"

CoolWallet is a cold storage that holds your private keys inside the card. We do not hold any of your bitcoins or private keys on our website.
The recovery card is in use only when you damage/lose your CoolWallet.

Cool wallet is my choice can use it with any blue-tooth device , and just not usb devices , the only problem is that , they are asking us to keep a backup in-case we lose our bitcoins ,

on their website

Keep the recovery card in a safe place as if it gets damaged or lost, you will not be able to recover your wallet.

more here

https://blog.coolbitx.com/?isa_docs=generate-and-backup-your-wallet

but i wouldn't consider it for safekeeping my best bet would be ledger for huge amount of bitcoins and the bitcoin card / the cold wallet for daily use.

the best bet would be a card like wallet for daily use and a safe like wallet to lock it up !!!

Smiley

for safekeeping - https://www.keepkey.com/

for daily use - http://www.blochstech.com/  ,  http://www.bitcoincard.org/ and coolwallet.

recovery must be kept safe for all wallets , even for keepkey , so better to split up the bitcoins and write down your recovery key and keep it in a bank safe , thats the best way to safeguard your unused bitcoins.

tharani

Activity: 308

don't piss me off or else you will see the tigress

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2016, 08:13:52 AM

coocl bitx i meant the hardware wallet only sorry if you misunderstood.

on their website - (this means they have stated the rules there )

send me a message if you want your signature to be posted
OROBTC
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 06:35:51 PM

Is there any news (or better yet reviews) of the Digital Bitbox?  They are now on sale.  Cost: $50 + $11 shipping = $61.

https://digitalbitbox.com/

I saw sometime ago a small discussion of this device, what I (seem to) like about it is that looks very simple and easy-to-use (important for me).  When I last looked into it, they wrote that there would be no firmware updates required (good IMO).

If anybody has used it, were the instructions clearly written?
BitLox

Activity: 31

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2016, 04:58:07 PM

Hi guys, I just wanted to post this here before anywhere else....

We've been hard at work optimizing our production, so I can now announce

ALL BITLOX HARDWARE WALLETS NOW 50% OFF IN PRICE

Yes, you read that right. Everybody loves the wallets when I show them at the deacons, but the one thing people said was holding them back was the price.

Well, we've taken this to heart and for a LIMITED TIME, all products have 50% off!!

So our entry 6061 alloy cased wallet, with 2" e-paper screen and FULL KEYPAD, plus USB and BLE is now only $98

Ninety-eight beans you read that right.

Titanium is now $148 - holy cow!

The Extreme privacy set including a military-level encrypted USB drive with TAILS pre-installed is $198. Holy frijoles, that's over $200 bucks off the previous price of $399,

Anyways, sorry to sound like such a used car salesman, I just thought I'd share this with you guys first.  Grin

You can find us at bitlox.com - Get 'em before we run out of stock at this price!

Dana

(to be completely transparent - shipping of $26 FedEx/TNT is not included in these prices - just so you know)
tonnny11

Activity: 11

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 10:17:55 AM

i have one direct question to the experts.

i got 1 week ago 2 ledger nano S,can use those wallets to store an larger amount of btc like 20-25 for example?How secure are my coins?is more secure i keep on blockchain or on ledger?

what u will recomend me to do if i store large coins on my ledger?

thanks Smiley
OROBTC
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 10:05:05 PM

i got 1 week ago 2 ledger nano S,can use those wallets to store an larger amount of btc like 20-25 for example?How secure are my coins?is more secure i keep on blockchain or on ledger?

thanks Smiley

Yes, sure.  The Ledger Nano can hold very large amount of Bitcoin.  I doubt there is a "capacity" per se, there may be some kind of storage limits (perhaps like number of transactions it can store, etc.), but I don't know.

Ask Ledger via their website.  They are friendly!
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6125

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 05:39:10 AM

thanks Smiley

With no doubt , Its secure more then the blockchain.info and yes you can store any amount you would like to without being afraid of anything. Unlike desktop or online wallets , hardware wallets have security as their first priority , If you are going to use your bitcoins on a daily or weekly basis then It's a good idea to store them there , If you are just holding for the long term then a cheaper alternative as Paper wallet would be fine.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
tonnny11

Activity: 11

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 10:14:56 AM

thanks Smiley

With no doubt , Its secure more then the blockchain.info and yes you can store any amount you would like to without being afraid of anything. Unlike desktop or online wallets , hardware wallets have security as their first priority , If you are going to use your bitcoins on a daily or weekly basis then It's a good idea to store them there , If you are just holding for the long term then a cheaper alternative as Paper wallet would be fine.

thank you for your reply.

im confused about that 24 words seed?Hows generated?Does any one other can have same seed?How it works to be unique only for me?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: