Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:59:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MGT] Magnetz - Blockchain Torrents - Piratebay Replacer. (ICO, x13)  (Read 43362 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
drays
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:07:14 PM

Thats a nice move from c-cex, I'm glad they listen to community to some extend at least... That doesn't mean ICOs will become all good afterwards, but its a move in the right direction. They are a bit too beurocratic and slow to react to requests from community and individual people, but at least they do care of their image a little bit Smiley

... this space is not for rent ...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gotthemeaning

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:27:05 PM

Lol ccex trying to save people from leaving. they are in on all ico scams so no thank you im gone. Hey ccex when are you making ccexcoin so i can give you some donations lol ...Peace

gotthemeaning

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:35:52 PM

Props goes out to you mgt dev for making ccex finally  change ico rules. Come back so traders can thank you personally. You actually  did a good thing by scamming people you deserve praise. Mgt dev ccex is grateful for your scammy scummy ico you will not be forgotten .

thisisascam

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:44:13 PM

you people are blind.ccex is behind those scams u fools.they are the ones making those icos on their own exchange then dumping on their users.its not hard to see that.they were supporting pfc while it was dying they knew its a ponzi and they let people buy useless bags.they are friends with pfc devs and they let them do what they did.stay away from ccex fools.i can go on and on but the list would become huge and you all would get mad after being scammed from the same retards who own ccex
tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:56:00 PM

C-CEX changed their rules today adding stuff about buy-wall

Provided that the ICO is successful, C-CEX will freeze the ICO proceeds for 5 days in order to achieve the following: verify blockchain & network stability and adherence to the stated ICO/coin parameters; provide a buy-wall of 50% of ICO proceeds in order to provide traders the possiblity to exit from their coin investment at cost.

Let's hope this will somewhat prevent another scam ICO.

the whole point for an ICO, in a legitimate scenario, is to raise funds for research and development. CCEX shouldn't steal ICO funds to buy back coins at cost, if the whole point of an ICO is to SELL coins.

All this means is that the scammers will get half the coins and only 50% of people will get scammed. It doesn't make sense and shows that C-Cex is being run by a bunch of nutless monkeys.
whywefight
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1042

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 02:14:31 PM

sorry guys stop crying and start using your brain. thats typical for the altcoin scene: throw your money on everything that moves, than start crying and blame exchange xyz...

Repunza

Activity: 357
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 02:15:51 PM

Provided that the ICO is successful, C-CEX will freeze the ICO proceeds for 5 days in order to achieve the following: verify blockchain & network stability and adherence to the stated ICO/coin parameters; provide a buy-wall of 50% of ICO proceeds in order to provide traders the possiblity to exit from their coin investment at cost.

the whole point for an ICO, in a legitimate scenario, is to raise funds for research and development. CCEX shouldn't steal ICO funds to buy back coins at cost, if the whole point of an ICO is to SELL coins.

All this means is that the scammers will get half the coins and only 50% of people will get scammed. It doesn't make sense and shows that C-Cex is being run by a bunch of nutless monkeys.

I agree...People should stop supporting such foolishness. CCEX doesn't care about the investors. They are only looking for the fast quick $. There are many other smaller exchanges that would be more than happy to host legit coins. We should consider making them a top choice exchange. Together we can make CCEX a thing of the past. I for one will not be supporting them any longer if possible. They ignored the warning that this community gave them. Now they are trying to save face. Pay attention to the warning signs. CCEX is not a good exchange and doesn't have the community in it's best interest.
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 02:17:04 PM

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 03:03:59 PM

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

kryptologist

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

@kryptographer

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 05:21:54 PM

Don't be dumb, C-CEX has no rules. If they say they are changing anything it is a lie. They just do whatever they want and have never followed any of their own "rules".
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 08:35:01 PM

Wink

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
sly5am

Activity: 582

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 04:43:15 AM

Don't be dumb, C-CEX has no rules. If they say they are changing anything it is a lie. They just do whatever they want and have never followed any of their own "rules".

They have rules now.. good job C-CEX  And Magnetz dev its all because of your thievery.

https://c-cex.com/?id=ico

NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 04:46:10 AM

Wink
LOVE IT!!!! LOL

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

coinking
Legendary

Activity: 927

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 04:47:16 AM

They have rules now.. good job C-CEX  And Magnetz dev its all because of your thievery.

https://c-cex.com/?id=ico

that's actually pretty cool, gj c-cex - people are hard on you but you pulled through this time.

.TeleX  AI.
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████████████████▄
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
▀████████████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Store
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀█████
████████████░░░░░█████
███████▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀██████
███████░░░░░██▄▄▄▄▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄██░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░██████▀███████
████████████▀░░░░░░░▀█████
███████████░░░░░░░░░▄█████
████████▀████████▄██████
█████▀░░░░░░░▀████████
████▄░░░░░░░░░██████
▀████▄███████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Send/Receive
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████░███████████▄
██████░███░█████████
███████░███░██████████
███████░░░██░███████░███
████████░░░█░░░██░███░████
█████░██░░░██░██░░░█░░░███
█████░██░░░██░███░██░░░███
███░░░██░███████░███░███
██░░░██░███████░██████
█░░░████████████████
░░░██████████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Trade
Bizmark13

Activity: 462

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 04:49:01 AM

Looks like an interesting coin. As you can read in this post of mine created in response to the shutdown of The Pirate Bay, I've always felt that some form of decentralized torrent network could really take off. The technology behind the blockchain concept is particularly well suited for applications such as this due to its decentralized aspects and superior redundancy. And while I admit creating this sort of thing is far too complex for my programming skills, it's nice to see that others have identified a need in the market for such a system and are working on bringing the full potential of Satoshi's creation into fruition.
coinking
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 04:52:04 AM

Looks like an interesting coin. As you can read in this post of mine created in response to the shutdown of The Pirate Bay, I've always felt that some form of decentralized torrent network could really take off. The technology behind the blockchain concept is particularly well suited for applications such as this due to its decentralized aspects and superior redundancy. And while I admit creating this sort of thing is far too complex for my programming skills, it's nice to see that others have identified a need in the market for such a system and are working on bringing the full potential of Satoshi's creation into fruition.

you're joking right? This coin's a scam - although there should be a better word for it

.TeleX  AI.
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████████████████▄
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
▀████████████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Store
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀█████
████████████░░░░░█████
███████▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀██████
████████▀████████▄██████
█████▀░░░░░░░▀████████
████▄░░░░░░░░░██████
▀████▄███████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Send/Receive
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████░███████████▄
██████░███░█████████
███████░███░██████████
███████░░░██░███████░███
███░░░██░███████░███░███
██░░░██░███████░██████
█░░░████████████████
░░░██████████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Trade
Bizmark13

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 05:03:15 AM

you're joking right? This coin's a scam - although there should be a better word for it

I was replying to the OP. I just found out about this coin now and was unaware that it was a scam. I think that torrents are a good application of the blockchain (in addition to other things like DNS systems) because they are far more resilient, resistant to censorship, transcend geographic lines, and incorporate almost unlimited redundancy. A lot of people talked about it for ages but nobody actually attempted to do it until now (which really bugged me and got me into learning C++ until I learned that programming is far more difficult than I originally expected it to be Sad).
coinking
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 05:11:40 AM

I was replying to the OP. I just found out about this coin now and was unaware that it was a scam. I think that torrents are a good application of the blockchain (in addition to other things like DNS systems) because they are far more resilient, resistant to censorship, transcend geographic lines, and incorporate almost unlimited redundancy. A lot of people talked about it for ages but nobody actually attempted to do it until now (which really bugged me and got me into learning C++ until I learned that programming is far more difficult than I originally expected it to be Sad).

I can certainly agree with you about the idea being a good one - unfortunately the community has been ripped off by at least 2 different projects with this very goal at the core. I imagine there will need to be someone very reputable who takes on this project - it seems like while some may be jaded at the moment due to fraud, others are still just as gullible as most of us have been in the past. Then again, I could be way off, crypto seems to always push many boundaries simultaneously

.TeleX  AI.
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████████████████▄
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
▀████████████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Store
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀█████
████████████░░░░░█████
███████▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀██████
████████▀████████▄██████
█████▀░░░░░░░▀████████
████▄░░░░░░░░░██████
▀████▄███████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Send/Receive
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████░███████████▄
██████░███░█████████
███████░███░██████████
███████░░░██░███████░███
███░░░██░███████░███░███
██░░░██░███████░██████
█░░░████████████████
░░░██████████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Trade
Bizmark13

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 05:54:26 AM

I can certainly agree with you about the idea being a good one - unfortunately the community has been ripped off by at least 2 different projects with this very goal at the core. I imagine there will need to be someone very reputable who takes on this project - it seems like while some may be jaded at the moment due to fraud, others are still just as gullible as most of us have been in the past. Then again, I could be way off, crypto seems to always push many boundaries simultaneously

OK, so I just read the thread and the comparisons to Stackcoin don't seem to hold since that was just photoshopped pictures with no code to show for it. In this case, there still seems to be a working wallet and source code, correct? If so, does the wallet actually have the features promised in the OP? Can you actually use it to embed torrents in a user-friendly way? What about the blockchain torrent search engine? Is that also available?

The scammy part of this whole thing seems to be that the dev went AWOL and sold his coins and didn't put up a buy wall like he originally promised in the OP.

I know that it is possible to embed torrents in the Bitcoin blockchain so it isn't a huge technical leap to create a coin specialized for this purpose. I'm more of a Java guy but if the essential stuff has already been written, then this might be enough for me to work with and build upon.

This is, of course, assuming that the dev isn't coming back. It seems strange that a dev would abandon such a promising project so early for a quick buck.
coinking
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 06:00:34 AM

OK, so I just read the thread and the comparisons to Stackcoin don't seem to hold since that was just photoshopped pictures with no code to show for it. In this case, there still seems to be a working wallet and source code, correct? If so, does the wallet actually have the features promised in the OP? Can you actually use it to embed torrents in a user-friendly way? What about the blockchain torrent search engine? Is that also available?

The scammy part of this whole thing seems to be that the dev went AWOL and sold his coins and didn't put up a buy wall like he originally promised in the OP.

I know that it is possible to embed torrents in the Bitcoin blockchain so it isn't a huge technical leap to create a coin specialized for this purpose. I'm more of a Java guy but if the essential stuff has already been written, then this might be enough for me to work with and build upon.

This is, of course, assuming that the dev isn't coming back. It seems strange that a dev would abandon such a promising project so early for a quick buck.

I wish I knew how to code.. although I've got the marketing thing down. Maybe we'd make a good combo? lol Magnetz is a terrible name for a project like this though.

.TeleX  AI.
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████████████████▄
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
▀████████████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Store
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀█████
████████████░░░░░█████
███████▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀██████
████████▀████████▄██████
█████▀░░░░░░░▀████████
████▄░░░░░░░░░██████
▀████▄███████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Send/Receive
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████░███████████▄
██████░███░█████████
███████░███░██████████
███████░░░██░███████░███
███░░░██░███████░███░███
██░░░██░███████░██████
█░░░████████████████
░░░██████████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Trade
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: