Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:50:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Unitus (UIS): 1st multi-auxPoW - 0.9.3.1 Required Update before Block 25300  (Read 102659 times)
klopper

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 07:40:51 PM

Coin is dead? P&D finished?
WigitGetIt
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 08:55:35 PM

Those Hashes

Blake256 Hashrate   1.01 TH/s
Blake256 Difficulty   70872.96633663
Skein Hashrate   96.36 GH/s
Skein Difficulty   6730.74486524
Qubit Hashrate   6.98 GH/s
Qubit Difficulty   487.43310381
Yescrypt Hashrate   4.48 MH/s
Yescrypt Difficulty   0.31314956
X11 Hashrate   17.77 GH/s
X11 Difficulty   1241.0568209
Bagdar13

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 09:16:52 PM

Hash rate (and difficulty by proxy) continues to rise even after price returned to ~5k.  No doubt yesterdays rise up was greed driven, and was clearly unsustainable (Unitus at 10k+ is the most profitable to mine by a factor of 3-4 as far as I know, and I took profits above 8k as I am sure many others did, my math put a price target at no more than 4k so I was surprised to say the least.) but between 3-5k for now I (and many others it seems) will keep mining; so not dead. 

I am guessing P&D is done, what will be more telling, as to the future of the coin, is the price floor that is put in the coming days relative to the hash power.  If difficulty stays high likely coin wont go below 2k and if that's the case then we will see where it goes.  My guess is if price drops below 2k then the coin bleeds out like so many before it have as bag holders slowly capitulate.

Also, since this is a 5 algo coin, a telling sign of health is a strong difficulty among all the algos.  Right now all the algos are very strong in hash power, if there is a potential factor in mining weakness my mind it is that skein and Blake are not incorporated into new releases; I believe they are still using 3.7.2-3.  I would be impressed if the dev and community could get miners that are less than 8 months old out.  Having selected 5 algos they are somewhat wed to the development of mining software related to the selected algos as well. 

I would also note that their difficulty adjustment is very well implemented, none of the algos has gotten stuck nor have any dropped to a level so low as to allow for a quick mining of many blocks by one algo.  This is a problem that plagued other multi algo coins that Unitus does not seem to have suffered from.

So my verdict is that this coin has attracted a sufficient core group of miners to give it a chance, and this core group of interest has not left despite a pump yesterday.  Going forward growth and acceptance will be based on progress/roadmap etc.
defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 12:06:08 AM

This is pretty cool looking stuff here, love the multi algo auxpow, I think this sorta thing is going to be used alot in the future as all the coins collectively work as a cohesive unit.

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
kryptorynekPL

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 12:47:18 AM

now it is only 819,498 coins in circulation, the normal price should be around 20k sat, Market Capitalisation USD $ 9017.98 USD is very low, and it is worth now to buy
Bagdar13

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 01:01:43 AM

now it is only 819,498 coins in circulation, the normal price should be around 20k sat, Market Capitalisation USD $ 9017.98 USD is very low, and it is worth now to buy

If current hash rate holds I agree...15-20k...coins are getting hard to get and x11 is now over 3k diff.
amarian12

Activity: 619
Merit: 501

https://www.massict.com/

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 02:16:26 PM

http://p2pool.e-pool.net:8938/static/

Enjoy e-pool Yescrypt mining!

Imagine a future where IT infrastructures monitor themselves, are able to predict and respond to future business needs and can protect and heal themselves automatically.
dazz

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 02:28:25 PM

Anyone else having problems with password reset and confirmation emails at http://unit.minerpools.com?
The admin told me my account is "unlocked" but I still can't access it and can't reset my password
neuroMode (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 03:09:22 PM

Maybe I am a little slow but can someone tell me why in the OP there are two pools listed in the x11 merge mining but on the site they look like multipool's since there are only certain payout options available? Isn't the idea of merge mining that you mine multiple coins with the option to keep these coins and be paid it it's own wallet? Or am I blind and I missed these options on each pool.

Sorry for the delayed reply,  this is the last day I am out of town.

Your concern is valid,  they are indeed multipools. I will flag them as such in the pool list so people aren't misdirected to believe they will be paid out in Unitus.

Thank you for spotting this.

Myriadcoin - the first multi-PoW blockchain! (Mine with SHA256 [ASICs], Scrypt [GPU/ASICs], Skein [GPUs], Groestl [GPUs], OR Qubit [CPUs/GPUs]).
Myriad Website // Myriad on Reddit || Myriad Android Wallet || Myriad Electrum Wallet || Multi-vPoW and Block "Tips" - Solution to Parasitic Merged Mining
WigitGetIt
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 03:36:52 PM

Anyone else having problems with password reset and confirmation emails at http://unit.minerpools.com?
The admin told me my account is "unlocked" but I still can't access it and can't reset my password

I have not had an issue.  Also you can get live support in there IRC channel.  https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.kiwiirc.com/#minerpools

Send minerpools a private message here on bitcointalk.  He will have to resolve.
Kruemmelmonster

Activity: 338

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 03:52:40 PM

Hash rate (and difficulty by proxy) continues to rise even after price returned to ~5k.  No doubt yesterdays rise up was greed driven, and was clearly unsustainable (Unitus at 10k+ is the most profitable to mine by a factor of 3-4 as far as I know, and I took profits above 8k as I am sure many others did, my math put a price target at no more than 4k so I was surprised to say the least.) but between 3-5k for now I (and many others it seems) will keep mining; so not dead. 

I am guessing P&D is done, what will be more telling, as to the future of the coin, is the price floor that is put in the coming days relative to the hash power.  If difficulty stays high likely coin wont go below 2k and if that's the case then we will see where it goes.  My guess is if price drops below 2k then the coin bleeds out like so many before it have as bag holders slowly capitulate.

Also, since this is a 5 algo coin, a telling sign of health is a strong difficulty among all the algos.  Right now all the algos are very strong in hash power, if there is a potential factor in mining weakness my mind it is that skein and Blake are not incorporated into new releases; I believe they are still using 3.7.2-3.  I would be impressed if the dev and community could get miners that are less than 8 months old out.  Having selected 5 algos they are somewhat wed to the development of mining software related to the selected algos as well. 

I would also note that their difficulty adjustment is very well implemented, none of the algos has gotten stuck nor have any dropped to a level so low as to allow for a quick mining of many blocks by one algo.  This is a problem that plagued other multi algo coins that Unitus does not seem to have suffered from.

So my verdict is that this coin has attracted a sufficient core group of miners to give it a chance, and this core group of interest has not left despite a pump yesterday.  Going forward growth and acceptance will be based on progress/roadmap etc.
P&D isn't done... this was a test pump and we are still in accumulation. you can see that the floor holds nicely above 4k and there are always new buy orders to absorb more coins Wink
neuroMode (OP)

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 05:20:14 PM

Interesting write-up.

The difficulty adjustment can be credited to Myriadcoin fine-tuning it's own difficulty code over time. We have what we think is a good foundation for blockchain security with Unitus thanks to Myriadcoin's work.

Myriadcoin - the first multi-PoW blockchain! (Mine with SHA256 [ASICs], Scrypt [GPU/ASICs], Skein [GPUs], Groestl [GPUs], OR Qubit [CPUs/GPUs]).
Myriad Website // Myriad on Reddit || Myriad Android Wallet || Myriad Electrum Wallet || Multi-vPoW and Block "Tips" - Solution to Parasitic Merged Mining
HunterS

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 06:28:04 PM

I guess no one really cares that bonets are raping this coin.i thought dev would of been on to this.

dazz

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 08:00:38 PM

I have not had an issue.  Also you can get live support in there IRC channel.  https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.kiwiirc.com/#minerpools

Send minerpools a private message here on bitcointalk.  He will have to resolve.

Thanks. I pm'ed minerpools and he was most helpful. 
WigitGetIt
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 08:47:41 PM

Thanks. I pm'ed minerpools and he was most helpful. 

Good to hear dazz   Grin
rentodev

Activity: 258

romad.io - community manager

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 10:48:32 PM

Maybe I am a little slow but can someone tell me why in the OP there are two pools listed in the x11 merge mining but on the site they look like multipool's since there are only certain payout options available? Isn't the idea of merge mining that you mine multiple coins with the option to keep these coins and be paid it it's own wallet? Or am I blind and I missed these options on each pool.

Sorry for the delayed reply,  this is the last day I am out of town.

Your concern is valid,  they are indeed multipools. I will flag them as such in the pool list so people aren't misdirected to believe they will be paid out in Unitus.

Thank you for spotting this.

Yes, they are multipools, however if you provide UIS address on settings section, merge mined UIS will not be converted and will be sent to your wallet as UIS. I tested it on http://ihash.co pool
WhyMe

Activity: 661

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 11:01:39 PM

Anybody for launch a skein pool ?
dazz

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 12:18:40 AM

Why not merge mine with MYR? http://myriad.p2pool.geek.nz/nodes

I got a question myself guys. What's the approx. hashrate for a 7950 in X11 & Blake256 please?
Bagdar13

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 03:13:58 AM

Why not merge mine with MYR? http://myriad.p2pool.geek.nz/nodes

I got a question myself guys. What's the approx. hashrate for a 7950 in X11 & Blake256 please?

Varies a lot based on the amount of OC you are running but a 7950 on blake should be able to clear 2.0-2.1 GH on Blake256.  My 7970s at 1100 mhz pull 2.55 GH.

As I am sure you already know Blake is a lot hotter and uses more power than x11...but I think the difficulty relative to hash is in favor of Blake..which would make sense.  So if heat and power are of no concern hit up blake over X11...or skein which is about 200 MH on a 7950.
Bagdar13

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 03:19:54 AM

P&D isn't done... this was a test pump and we are still in accumulation. you can see that the floor holds nicely above 4k and there are always new buy orders to absorb more coins Wink

I take back my previous assessment of the P&D and agree with you.  Right now people are listing sell blocks of 10K, 4K and 5K in the high 4000s.  Clearly a tactic to get people to sell (and depress the price further in an effort to accumulate below that level) coins below this level; anyone wanting to actually unload 10k coins would never put it in a large block sell as it drives smaller players to sell below the large block which would be counter to that goal.  So I agree larger holders are trying to force the price down and wish to accumulate at the 4000 level.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: