Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:38:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcment: Brand-new miner EMIC PowerModule - 5.65 TH/s  (Read 26257 times)
web20nci

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 02:26:55 AM

Seems too good to be true. If legit and product works as described, it's by far the best buy in the Industry.

@EMIC, 

In addition to sending a review sample to dogie, I think the idea of starting to sell them on EBay will help you to build trust.

Here's an example of why:

Last year I bought a 1THS Dragon on EBay and paid via PayPal. The seller never delivered the product within the time frame he stated on eBay.

I opened a dispute resolution claim with EBay.

EBay contacted the seller. The seller could not prove they shipped the miner ( or ever intended to ship it).
I was reimbursed 100%...and the seller was de-listed.

So in your case, once you gain trust for delivering through EBay, "word of mouth" on forums such as this will help you. Then, you can resort to using your online store to sell your miners.

Somewhere is Poland is a dude jacking off all over himself because he's now planning to sell at least three devises via eBay to himself, along with leaving three positive feedbacks. Then, he'll return to this forum offering up proof that EMIC is legit.

That said, somewhere in Poland is the same dude whose weewee just went limp.

Plan C: More cowbell SSL certificates.
no problem, will buy through ebay, if miner is not as described, will get money back even with return postage...
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sandhog

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 12:48:30 PM

Seems too good to be true. If legit and product works as described, it's by far the best buy in the Industry.

@EMIC, 

In addition to sending a review sample to dogie, I think the idea of starting to sell them on EBay will help you to build trust.

Last year I bought a 1THS Dragon on EBay and paid via PayPal. The seller never delivered the product within the time frame he stated on eBay.

EBay contacted the seller. The seller could not prove they shipped the miner ( or ever intended to ship it).

So in your case, once you gain trust for delivering through EBay, "word of mouth" on forums such as this will help you. Then, you can resort to using your online store to sell your miners.

Somewhere is Poland is a dude jacking off all over himself because he's now planning to sell at least three devises via eBay to himself, along with leaving three positive feedbacks. Then, he'll return to this forum offering up proof that EMIC is legit.

If it's a scam, it would have had few newbie miners' money. But with BTC being so low, I don't think there are anymore newbie miners. It's very tempting buy since if it were true, it's profitable mining at the price of the miner.
justbee

Activity: 27

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 01:39:59 PM

Any news ?  Huh
ATCkit

Activity: 786
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 03:30:05 PM

@EMIC, 

If it's a scam, it would have had few newbie miners' money. But with BTC being so low, I don't think there are anymore newbie miners. It's very tempting buy since if it were true, it's profitable mining at the price of the miner.

Well even if he would accept Escrow, that would help protect us (non-newbs) from losing our money and enable him to get hardware in the marketplace. There are known and trusted escrow providers available. 
tvasbn

Activity: 460
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 05:49:59 AM

100% scam
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 04:30:30 PM

Any news ?  Huh

Breaking news! February is next week.
boomin

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 05:45:59 PM

Ok -prior to reading everything on this topic.  I went ahead and decided to purchase said item.  It kind of reminded me of something my mother told me as a young boy.  If something seems too good to be true - it probably is!

But, there is this beautiful gold seal that says I can have my money back even after receiving the product!  (once again.  see above statement)

After doing a little more research - and reading all of the problems that are listed in this topic that create red flags,  I decided to "Cancel" my order.  You know that you can cancel up to the shipping time - and even cancel after the order is placed up to 30 days!   Well - here is a dead give away,  It doesn't create a login/password so you have an account like a normal website so that you might be able to cancel the order!

So even though the gold seal of approval of refund for 30 days exists - you CANNOT actually ask for a refund!  Here is where Paypal comes in.  They INSTANTLY refunded my money and FLAGGED his Paypal account.  They are currently doing a review of all of his transactions thru Paypal.   The guy is going to HATE ME! LOL

Please folks, remember what momma said.  If they were even able to make a device like this for this amount of money, WHY IN THE HELL WOULD THEY SELL IT?

I would set up multiple factories and mine myself!  

Please heed my warning - as well as the previous warnings that this smells TERRIBLY of a SCAM!!!

Buyer Beware!!!

P.s. I know that paypal is "the enemy" kind of in our bitcoin agenda.  But - today they won some points with me!

Carry on...
Boomin

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 05:59:23 PM

P.s. I know that paypal is "the enemy" kind of in our bitcoin agenda.  But - today they won some points with me!

Carry on...
Boomin

Paypal definitely has its uses. They have saved many people from similar situations. Good thing you notified them before the 45 days expired. There are limits to the buyer's protection.

Lesson learned, do not send bitcoins to people/companies/etc that you do not trust. And don't trust companies that have no history and are selling too good to be true items.

Buy & Hold
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 06:32:35 PM

If they were even able to make a device like this for this amount of money, WHY IN THE HELL WOULD THEY SELL IT?

It's rare especially in the bitcoin economy, but not everyone's business ventures are based purely on greed and maximizing short-term profits.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 07:49:19 PM

Name:   emic.com.pl
Activity:   9
Position:   Newbie
Date Registered:   December 23, 2014, 12:34:09 PM
Last Active:   January 07, 2015, 08:05:03 PM
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 11:15:34 AM

They INSTANTLY refunded my money and FLAGGED his Paypal account.

Unfortunately they often say things like this to make the customer feel important / powerful, and make sure they [Paypal] distance themselves from the bad transaction. Until there are many more complaints its unlikely anything will actually happen or automated checks are trigger.

kingscrown

Activity: 672

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2015, 03:58:27 AM

They INSTANTLY refunded my money and FLAGGED his Paypal account.

Unfortunately they often say things like this to make the customer feel important / powerful, and make sure they [Paypal] distance themselves from the bad transaction. Until there are many more complaints its unlikely anything will actually happen or automated checks are trigger.

as i mentioned earlier im from PL and they didnt want to have in-hosue checks, and i do know almost everybody here.

this is scam 100%.

marvykkio

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 10:14:17 AM

I buy it, but you'll pay in cash, or, when the courier delivered it to me I pay him directly to delivery. Cool Cool Cool
BTC-TMXSTAR

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 11:43:04 AM

I hope this is not a scam
sloopy

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 09:41:51 PM
Last edit: February 08, 2015, 12:46:52 AM by sloopy

I would buy this as I'm sure many would, if it wasn't a scam.
If it wasn't a scam we would see this company everywhere, because they would be making millions right now.
It is 2-1-15, they would have had a unit in the hands of some notable forum members for testing and review.
If this is / was real, and if they were sincerely interested in selling this product any nda involving testing would surely have been lifted for marketing reasons.

There are too many people lined up for manufacturers saying take my money for a legitimate company to have this kind of negative attention at this point in their advertised timeline. Sure, there have been companies who did preorders which are great to do business with, Spoondoolies, but who else?

I wish upon a star this product could be ordered today,delivered within a few days, and setup hashing by next weekend between 5.4 and 5.7, but alas I also wish for a rich, hot, mute Blonde chick to drop in my lap and adore my every word, and I put the same amount of faith in both wishes.

Mr. if you want to run a scam you should hang around and read up on the forums a bit more. You have to sell something a bit more believable, remark products from other manufacturers without getting caught, and get your pre orders in queue then disappear. Blatant scams with specifications such as this are too big, too much noise, and the only way anyone will buy one is if they see one running with someone they trust. E.g. a legendary reviewer who has reviews other products, and if you were to pick dogie you would have to send one to someone else as well because so many will say Dogie isn't enough.
Then you could scam some of us, but not before!

Scammers checklist:
1. Believable product
2. Pay off Dogie
3. Pay off legendary member of forum with good reputation and reviews already under their belt.
4. Start taking pre-orders.
5. Run away and hide for the rest of life or hire bodyguards when going out in public. (Recent action by another known scammer in crypto community and bonus points if you call it!)

Again, man I wish it were so, but as we all know, if you get snocked in the snow, you either have a wet butt or knees and most people in this community are getting just too darned smart for n00b scammers and knees are just a bit sore to be getting on them again so soon.

Transaction fees go to the pools and the pools decide to pay them to the miners. Anything else, including off-chain solutions are stealing and not the way Bitcoin was intended to function.
Make the block size set by the pool. Pool = miners and they get the choice.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 11:20:16 PM

If it wasn't a scam we would see this company everywhere, because they would be making millions right now.
It is 2-1-15, they would have had a unit int eh hands of some notable forum members for testing and review.
If this is / was real, and if they were sincerely interested in selling this product any nda involving testing would surely have been lifted for marketing reasons.

There are too many people lined up for manufacturers saying take my money for a legitimate company to have this kind of negative attention at this point in their advertised timeline. Sure, there have been companies who did preorders which are great todo buisness with, Spoondoolies, but who else?

I wish upon a star this product could be ordered today,delivered within a few days, and setup hashing by next weekend between 5.4 and 5.7, but alas I also wish for a rich, hot, mute Blonde chick to drop in my lap and adore my every word, and I put the same amount of faith in both wishes.

Mr. if you want to run a scam you should hang around and read up on the forums a bit more. You have to sell something a bit more believable, remark products from other manufacturers without getting caught, and get your pre orders in queue then disappear. Blatant scams with specifications such as this are too big, too much noise, and the only way anyone will buy one is if they see one running with someone they trust. E.g. a legendary reviewer who has reviews other products, and if you were to pick dogie you would have to send one to someone else as well because so many will say Dogie isn't enough.

Scammers checklist:
1. Believable product
2. Pay off Dogie
3. Pay off legendary member of forum with good reputation and reviews already under their belt.
5. Run away and hide for the rest of life or hire bodyguards when going out in public. (Recent action by another known scammer in crypto community and bonus points if you call it!)

Again, man I wish it were so, but as we all know, if you get snocked in the snow, you either have a wet butt or knees and most people in this community are getting just too darned smart for n00b scammers and knees are just a bit sore to be getting on them again so soon.

5. = GAW. How many bonus points did I earn?

And, fuck you for mentioning snow.  Tongue I shoveled by hand 8" this morning, and just dug another ~8", and the shit is still fallin'. It's gettin' so bad here, I'm startin' to pick up a New York attitude.  Wink
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 11:43:25 PM

Send it here to southern Missouri. I've lived here friggin' 11 winters and seen four, maybe five good snows. The best snow we had shut down the whole town for a week (the university cancelled classes two days in a row, for the first time in its ~130 year history), and it was approximately what we got at least twice every winter where I grew up (in northern Missouri - amazing what 150 miles can do to climate). Gettin' tired of stupid dry cold. Or cold rain. I haven't needed the Jeep's front axle in over a year.

Also, all this good advice is really tempting me to make a scam miner and rip people off. We could use the money to make those hosting upgrades, and then just steal all the miners people send us. Wouldn't that be fun evil.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
fiuscas

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 11:59:40 AM

Hello. I'm new around here. I another week I've been researching this company and found something. I contacted the company where EMIC they say rented an Office and DACPOL. Ltd and they replied me today..

Good morning,

As we established during Friday chat, I checked some information about Emic company.

Indeed, they  rented an office in our building. But now, from some time we don’t have any contact with them. They don’t answer our e-mails and don’t pick up the phone.

This is all we know about them. 

Pozdrawiam / Best regards
Anna Lepianka
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DACPOL Sp. z o.o.
ul. Puławska 34
05-500 Piaseczno
tel.: (+48)227035 113
fax:  (+48)227035 101
e-mail: a.lepianka@dacpol.com.pl
Zamówienia składane w firmie DACPOL Sp. z o.o. są realizowane zgodnie z Warunkami sprzedaży znajdującymi się na stronie www.dacpol.eu .

.What do you think of this?
bbxx

Activity: 728

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2015, 12:44:24 PM

it is 100% scam

pity
sloopy

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 12:54:59 PM

It is 2-1-15, they would have had a unit int eh hands of some notable forum members for testing and review.

There are too many people lined up for manufacturers saying take my money for a legitimate company to have this kind of negative attention at this point in their advertised timeline. Sure, there have been companies who did preorders which are great todo buisness with, Spoondoolies, but who else?

Scammers checklist:
1. Believable product
2. Pay off Dogie

5. = GAW. How many bonus points did I earn?

And, fuck you for mentioning snow.  Tongue I shoveled by hand 8" this morning, and just dug another ~8", and the shit is still fallin'. It's gettin' so bad here, I'm startin' to pick up a New York attitude.  Wink

Ding Ding Ding
Tell him what he's won Bob

Transaction fees go to the pools and the pools decide to pay them to the miners. Anything else, including off-chain solutions are stealing and not the way Bitcoin was intended to function.
Make the block size set by the pool. Pool = miners and they get the choice.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: