Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 10:55:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: EasyMiner - new version with Auto speed tuning  (Read 22767 times)
davidspitzer

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 07:16:06 PM

I see a lot of people using CGminer - Why would one want to use CGminer instead of easy miner? is there a trend or preference emerging for one over the other.

Thanks

David

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 07:33:16 PM

I see a lot of people using CGminer - Why would one want to use CGminer instead of easy miner? is there a trend or preference emerging for one over the other.

Thanks

David

CGMiner is the probably the best miner software out there. And last I knew, mining in EasyMiner was not actually enabled.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
davidspitzer

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 07:51:00 PM

Thanks

David

CGMiner is the probably the best miner software out there. And last I knew, mining in EasyMiner was not actually enabled.

Sorry for my ignorance - Just to verify  - you cannot actually mine with easyminer? That seems strange
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 07:55:46 PM

Thanks

David

Sorry for my ignorance - Just to verify  - you cannot actually mine with easyminer? That seems strange

Most people use EasyMiner to update the firmware of their Single, and then use CGMiner to mine.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
davidspitzer

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 08:33:20 PM

Thanks

David

Most people use EasyMiner to update the firmware of their Single, and then use CGMiner to mine.

is easyminer ever intended to mine if not the name is kind of ironic. ?
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 08:39:14 PM

Thanks

David

is easyminer ever intended to mine if not the name is kind of ironic. ?
If you load it up, you will see that it has a mining function, but that has been disabled. This is because it is not fully developed, but the firmware updates were needed so it was released with mining functionality disabled. Even if it were enabled, you would be stuck with EMC as the pool.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
BFL (OP)

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 01:37:00 AM
Last edit: July 11, 2012, 03:01:28 AM by BFL

Hi guys, I thought I'd take the opportunity to clarify where EasyMiner fits into our plans.  

EasyMiner is not meant to supplant or compete with existing miners.  It's development followed the need for user friendly firmware upgrades & performance evaluation of Butterfly Labs hardware.  Outside mining on a live pool (any pool) is a secondary function scheduled for upcoming release.  As a miner, it's primary purpose is to provide easy mining for people not familiar with a Linux terminal command environment.  Professional miners who've built systems depending on CGminer and the like will surely want to continue using those mature & feature rich platforms.  We'll continue to encourage software miner developers in their support of our hardware by giving their dev teams early hardware access and by promoting their software platforms to our customers.

As a side note, I think there's been some drama between BFGminer and CGminer software leads (Luke-Jr & Con) with regards to who is ahead of the pack in post GPU mining software support.  Some favoritism seems to have been attributed to us in this drama, so maybe it's worth clearing the air on that issue while we're on the topic.  Both are excellent developers (no kidding, they're Ace + coders).  Along the way, we've had an open door policy for any software developer who would like to log in and test their code live while using any of our hardware platforms.  Ufasoft, Bitminter, BFGminer and CGminer dev teams have all participated in this program.  We've probably had the longest working relationship with Luke-Jr as he was also one of our earliest customers and showed steel nerves by pre-ordering with Bitcoin while most of the forum community was busy convincing themselves we didn't exist.  He was also enormously helpful in adding the initial support for our products to CGminer.  Although we've enjoyed Luke's collaboration we've not been aware of any of the miner software politics that have led some to think we're pushing Luke over anyone else.  Until recently, he's simply been the only guy from the CGminer camp who showed up at all, and we thank him for that.  

So once again...  to clear the air, I'd like to repeat that we have an open door policy and welcome any developer.  You'll always have special and early access to the hardware.  All you have to do is ask.  

Butterfly Labs  -  www.butterflylabs.com  -  Bitcoin Mining Hardware
davidspitzer

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 01:48:49 AM

Hi guys, I thought I'd take the opportunity to clarify where EasyMiner fits into our plans.  

EasyMiner is not meant to supplant or compete with existing miners.  It's development followed both our and our customers need to program & evaluate Butterfly Labs hardware.  Outside mining on a live pool (any pool) is a secondary function scheduled for upcoming release.  As a miner, it's primary purpose is to provide easy one click mining for people not familiar with a Linux terminal command environment.  Professional miners who've built systems depending on CGminer and the like will surely want to continue using those mature & feature rich platforms.  We'll continue to encourage software miner developers in their support of our hardware by giving their dev teams early hardware access and by promoting their software platforms to our customers.

As a side note, I think there's been some drama between BFGminer and CGminer software leads (Luke-Jr & Con) with regards to who is ahead of the pack in post GPU mining software support.  Some favoritism has been assumed by us in this drama, so maybe it's worth clearing the air on that issue while we're on the topic.  Both are excellent developers (no kidding, they're Ace + coders).  Along the way, we've had an open door policy for any software developer who would like to log in and test their code live while using any of our hardware platforms.  Ufasoft, Bitminter, BFGminer and CGminer dev teams have all participated in this program.  We've probably had the longest working relationship with Luke-Jr as he was also one of our earliest customers and showed steel nerves by pre-ordering with Bitcoin while most of the forum community was busy convincing themselves we didn't exist.  He was also enormously helpful in adding the initial support for our products to CGminer.  Although we've enjoyed Luke's collaboration we've not been aware of any of the miner software politics that have led some to think we're pushing Luke over anyone else.  Until recently, he's simply been the only guy from the CGminer camp who showed up at all, and we thank him for that.  

So once again...  to clear the air, I'd like to repeat that we have an open door policy and welcome any developer.  You'll always have special and early access to the hardware.  All you have to do is ask.  

I have been researching bitcoin for about 6 months and have decided to start mining. I am purchasing about 10 of your wonderful Singles (From other miners - I would buy it direct but the lead time is just too long and I want to get a little mining experience under my belt before ASIC hits) I plan to put on order for a like number of your new ASIC singles. I look forward to working with your gear. (ps i am still looking for 5 more singles if anyone is selling)

david
P_Shep
Legendary

Activity: 1795
Merit: 1198

This is not OK.

View Profile
July 12, 2012, 09:24:56 PM

As a side note, I think there's been some drama between BFGminer and CGminer software leads (Luke-Jr & Con) with regards to who is ahead of the pack in post GPU mining software support.  Some favoritism seems to have been attributed to us in this drama, so maybe it's worth clearing the air on that issue while we're on the topic.  Both are excellent developers (no kidding, they're Ace + coders).  Along the way, we've had an open door policy for any software developer who would like to log in and test their code live while using any of our hardware platforms.  Ufasoft, Bitminter, BFGminer and CGminer dev teams have all participated in this program.  We've probably had the longest working relationship with Luke-Jr as he was also one of our earliest customers and showed steel nerves by pre-ordering with Bitcoin while most of the forum community was busy convincing themselves we didn't exist.  He was also enormously helpful in adding the initial support for our products to CGminer.  Although we've enjoyed Luke's collaboration we've not been aware of any of the miner software politics that have led some to think we're pushing Luke over anyone else.  Until recently, he's simply been the only guy from the CGminer camp who showed up at all, and we thank him for that.  

And me Wink

Q to anyone who's done the speed thingy... does it work on all devices at once? or does it just do one at a time?
P_Shep
Legendary

Activity: 1795
Merit: 1198

This is not OK.

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 04:46:48 PM

It did a good job. Some went up in speed... some went down... but overall my U increased slightly and haven't had one instance of throttling in 4 days.
btctraderr

Activity: 120

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 12:17:39 PM

Has anyone tried Autotune on a Minirig? The OP states that it can be used with them however I don't see downloads available for different minirig firmwares.
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 02:05:13 PM

Has anyone tried Autotune on a Minirig? The OP states that it can be used with them however I don't see downloads available for different minirig firmwares.
All the firmwares are presumably included in the auto-tune package, just like they are for the singles auto-tune package. As for individual downloads, I guess they aren't available.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
LordMord

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 10:01:23 AM

I just got my Single and was Diagnosing it when i noticed something wired with easyminer:
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-DrG-RGShL24/UCDnE7MMNeI/AAAAAAAAAOY/EZIM3BV-R8s/w769-h314-p-k/Easyminer.png

Is that a bug with EasyMiner or the Heat sensor? Any ideas what is going on here? I would guess that it is missing a dot or something.
BFL-Engineer

Activity: 227

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2012, 10:30:46 AM

I just got my Single and was Diagnosing it when i noticed something wired with easyminer:

Is that a bug with EasyMiner or the Heat sensor? Any ideas what is going on here? I would guess that it is missing a dot or something.

This is very interesting (never seen it before). Can you please check what the decimal sign on your computer is? (Is it comma or dot, etc).
A very small possibility is Sensor Problem, but not likely since the number resembles 49.7 Degrees.  Please let us know how it goes.

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

BF Labs Inc.  www.butterflylabs.com   -  Bitcoin Mining Hardware
LordMord

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 10:47:40 AM

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-DrG-RGShL24/UCDnE7MMNeI/AAAAAAAAAOY/EZIM3BV-R8s/w769-h314-p-k/Easyminer.png

This is very interesting (never seen it before). Can you please check what the decimal sign on your computer is? (Is it comma or dot, etc).
A very small possibility is Sensor Problem, but not likely since the number resembles 49.7 Degrees.  Please let us know how it goes.

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

Not sure how to check that but it should be comma since it is a german system. But yea i also think it means 49.7 Degrees.
btctraderr

Activity: 120

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 12:14:20 PM

Has anyone run this on Minirigs, or is that even an option at this stage? The website states Easy miner is compatible with Minirigs but does not list any faster firmwares available for them.
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 01:56:31 PM

Has anyone run this on Minirigs, or is that even an option at this stage? The website states Easy miner is compatible with Minirigs but does not list any faster firmwares available for them.
Look on the download page, there is an autotuning package available, but not individual firmwares. Make sure you download the second autotune package that is meant for minirigs.

BTC-engineer

Activity: 360

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 05:36:15 AM

A very small possibility is Sensor Problem, but not likely since the number resembles 49.7 Degrees.  Please let us know how it goes.

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

Not sure how to check that but it should be comma since it is a german system. But yea i also think it means 49.7 Degrees.

It's already a long time, but I've seen this before too.

█         
                             ▀██       
                              ███▄     
                              █████     
                 ▄██████████   █████   
            ▄███████████████   █████▄   
         ▄██████████████████   ██████   
       █████████████████████  ███████   
     ██████████████████████   ████████ 
   ▄████████▀                █████████ 
  ██████    ▄██████         ██████████ 
 ███▀    ▄██████████      ███████████   
██       ████████████    ████████████   
          █████████████   ██████████   
            █████████████   ███████     
              █████████████▄    ██▀     
                 ██████████████         
                    ▀███████████████▄   
                          ▀███████████▀

FLUX 

VALVE      UBISOFT     GAMING ECOSYSTEM      Origin      GAMELOFT 
                   WEBSITE WHITEPAPER MEDIUM TWITTER FACEBOOK TELEGRAM █       

17 - 24 April
   Public Sale
davidspitzer

View Profile
August 11, 2012, 11:51:30 PM

I had one single that  after tuning, was reporting running at 4500 mh/s (I wish)  I had to down step it to a little slower speed and now it works fine. I have 11 singles running now and they are averaging about 9200 mh/s total. I heard a rumor that there is a new tuning package being released soon  - I look forward to trying it out
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
August 11, 2012, 11:54:43 PM

I had one single that  after tuning, was reporting running at 4500 mh/s (I wish)  I had to down step it to a little slower speed and now it works fine. I have 11 singles running now and they are averaging about 9200 mh/s total. I heard a rumor that there is a new tuning package being released soon  - I look forward to trying it out
4 - 6 weeks

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: