Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:26:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Tithe-o-coin: support your church  (Read 3143 times)
2112 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1065

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 09:53:38 PM

This thread is to announce the impending fork of Freicoin.

It is my observation that the creators of Freicoin are alienated from the society in which they are living and in which they grew up.

Freicoin, created by NASA engineers Mark Friedenbach and Matt Everingham and photographer Aaron Blumenshine, uses a version of the Bitcoin software with one key difference - all account balances are charged a 4.4 per cent annual fee, which is distributed to all of those running the software.

The key differences for the Tithe-o-coin are:

1) 10 per cent instead of 4.4 per cent
2) the fees are "freewill offerings", not an involuntary obligation
3) the miners who receive the fees need to provide cryptographic proof-of-state-of-grace. This coin is not meant to be used by any garden variety heathens or Swedish Smörgåsbord pastafarians.

I'm not soliciting any pecuniary contributions from anyone, because personally I'm not yet in the state of divine grace.

This cryptocoin development is not meant do discriminate against any creed. I've already informed and I'm awaiting the blessing from the representatives of Vatican, Jerusalem, Mecca and other holy lands.

Last moment news: I've already been contacted at my door by the two aldermen representatives from Salt Lake City, UT. Deseret-coin is a go!

Please comment, critique, criticize or ridicule BIP 2112: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=54382.0
Long-term mining prognosis: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91101.0
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
swissmate

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 09:59:55 PM

What the hell is wrong with you?
maaku
Legendary

Activity: 905
Merit: 1011

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 10:06:05 PM

funny

I'm an independent developer working on bitcoin-core, making my living off community donations.
If you like my work, please consider donating yourself: 13snZ4ZyCzaL7358SmgvHGC9AxskqumNxP
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 12:54:15 AM

This thread is to announce the impending fork of Freicoin.

It is my observation that the creators of Freicoin are alienated from the society in which they are living and in which they grew up.

Freicoin, created by NASA engineers Mark Friedenbach and Matt Everingham and photographer Aaron Blumenshine, uses a version of the Bitcoin software with one key difference - all account balances are charged a 4.4 per cent annual fee, which is distributed to all of those running the software.

The key differences for the Tithe-o-coin are:

1) 10 per cent instead of 4.4 per cent
2) the fees are "freewill offerings", not an involuntary obligation
3) the miners who receive the fees need to provide cryptographic proof-of-state-of-grace. This coin is not meant to be used by any garden variety heathens or Swedish Smörgåsbord pastafarians.

I'm not soliciting any pecuniary contributions from anyone, because personally I'm not yet in the state of divine grace.

This cryptocoin development is not meant do discriminate against any creed. I've already informed and I'm awaiting the blessing from the representatives of Vatican, Jerusalem, Mecca and other holy lands.

Last moment news: I've already been contacted at my door by the two aldermen representatives from Salt Lake City, UT. Deseret-coin is a go!

I completely believe in constructive criticism so here goes, What the fk ?

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 07:20:40 AM

As silly as this is- the idea of involving churches is very interesting. I doubt they like the speculative value of crypto currency, but as an organization if you could get them involved it would go a long way to supporting coins.

more or less retired.
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2012, 05:50:29 PM

What a Devcoin - https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Devcoin - rip off just for religions.  Unless it split 50:50 between The Jedi Church - http://www.jedichurch.org/ - and The Church of The Flying Spaghetti Monster -  http://www.venganza.org/ then I'm against it.  Devcoin has much better values.

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2012, 10:21:17 PM

What about the church of kopimism ?

All hail "ctrl-c" and "ctrl-v"   Wink

sd

Activity: 730

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 10:27:40 PM

Don't forget to donate to the invisible pink unicorns too.

This troll is just a bit too obvious, maybe 2112 is going a bit daft in his old age.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2012, 12:05:27 AM

If you had a modified bitcoin client you could set different percentages to be donated and different organisations each time you transacted so the idea isnt too outlandish Cheesy

Dont setup a complicated system when all you need is to modify the bitcoin client.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: