Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:32:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Some important feedback removed by #MMXIV #Maieuticoin developer  (Read 2252 times)
devvienuis (OP)

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 09:06:10 PM

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

Also I understand that people with wallet version 1.0.3 got their blockchain transferred. Where is that client? Would it still convert the blockchain? Really, your communication levels are below par.

Devvie

1.) download wallet 1.0.8
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9KhUdXDh1RqbGJiV0tNdmhMQkE

2.) backup mmxiv wallet.dat

3.) delete everything in %AppData% mmxiv folder except for wallet.dat

4.) launch wallet 1.0.8 and do clean synch

5.) enjoy the 2014% interest   Grin
That's the problem: that ain't working. Wallet shows no balances, only transactions.

Also, (probably) MMXIV removed a very well-prepared comment by someone else...

Here it is once more. For I agree fully.

A reply has been posted to a topic you are watching by Phosphorous. The text of the reply is shown below:

I don't understand the contempt you seem to have for your customers. The easier you make it for you customers and the happier your customers the more successful the coin is going to be. Over-communication (not to be confused with spamming) is better than under-communication. And "push" notification is far superior to "pull" communication. Imagine if car makers did this and you had to hang out in a forum or chat room or check Ford's website every day to see if they recalled your car that week. Lucky for us they send out mail so I don't have to waste part of my life keeping tabs on the company that made my car.

You both have points. I feel the hard fork was announced adequately but a better job could have been done. For instance, what happened to the MailChimp email list that was started Sept 11? I have yet to get an update announcement via that method. I would have thought that a hard fork announcement would have been made this way.

A few other examples of weak communication can be seen on the first post of this thread. The first thread says that offline staking will end November 1. When I see content like that, I think the whole post is out of date because that was 2 months ago and I wonder about the timeliness of the other content. Not to mention, the main website (mmxivcoin.com) still says, "Sign me up! Great decision. You have just ensured your weekly .96% interest on your Maieuticoin Holdings! Just click here to get started with Virtual Offline Staking. It only takes a minute to get all set up!" when it isn't even offered any more and no mention of the hard fork or 2014% POS.

It also wouldn't hurt to try to gain more users by explaining things a bit more, rather than making them read this 100+ page thread for answers. For example, there are a few bullet points with some of the coin features but "30 day max" deserves a further explanation. Not everyone is an expert in crypto or knows what this means. I can't say I know what "50% yearly" means. But the point is that a FAQ or a sentence or two of explanation might be a little more welcoming to noobs who may become avid users if you can strike that interest by providing enough information for them to feel welcome. What would it hurt to have a FAQ or some other more verbose explanation of the ins and outs of M-coin?

#longestpoolshiftevercontender

Some feedback on it from https://twitter.com/VeryVeriViral/status/549633054143434753
"@devnullius @PurePoS That guy has always been flaky. I personally have him blocked."

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
devvienuis (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 09:06:57 PM

A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

Client update should be ready to go soon. Keep in mind this is an optional UI upgrade

While not mandatory, it is highly recommended to upgrade if you use the QT

If you are running a daemon, this change does not affect you

why is it recommended? I'm staking just fine - I don't really feel like going and changing anything

You'll see  Wink

You don't have to update if you don't want to, though, the current client will continue to work just fine

So... It is a bug after all then, if my wallet only shows 0 balance, though all transactions are still visible...

Sorry, not bug. "feature", right?

Devvie
devvienuis (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 02:52:21 PM

I tried to take the high road with this response (in case he deletes it):

Agreed. If you want to ignore (delete) the constructive criticism of your user base then just wait and see how fast the coin goes down the tubes to obscurity. You've deleted my last 2 posts which had plenty of valid suggestions and improvements. If I launched a product/service/coin I would love to have that kind of feedback so I could improve. You have such disdain for Bitcointalk but it is the source of much of your user-base and potential future users/customers, and I don't know your beef with the site or the moderators but it should be something worth working through. This behavior and these traits are not those associated with success. Good luck.
devvienuis (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 11:51:43 PM

Even posting solutions are removed now... Because nobody should get the idea there are serious bugs in this coin ;p

This "bitch" got the problem solved, thanks IstvandV!!

I first tried, without success, to 'convert' the wallet from 1.0.2 to 1.0.3 as 'suggested' by Maieuticoin developer. No binaries for this version are available for download, so I installed a Linux virtual machine; got the sourcecode for 1.0.3 from github, compiled it and let it sync as far as it could). My totals in v1.0.3 were still visible, as were the transactions. Sadly, using that wallet in 1.0.8 still gave the original 'feature': all transactions are visible, but all Saldo / Stake / Unconfirmed were 0.

Then Istvandv came to the rescue...

Some copy pastes that should have been in the [ANN] to begin with...

How to import your old 1.0.2 wallet and funds for MMXIV Maieuticoin to the latest 1.0.8? This will help you if you missed the upgrade to 1.0.3.

But are you sure? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623884.msg9972200#msg9972200

For my wallet did not show any totals, all transactions were there, but no balances. All zero Sad

Happy Holidays though!

Devvie

hi, sorry just noticed the private msg

did you follow the steps i gave and still got 0 balance?

do you mind sharing your M address? so i can check in block explorer

Ok, I tried syncing the wallet on version 3 client. I let it sync as far as it could with my wallet, then copied it back to my windows client (most current) but balances indeed remain empty.

I have 3 wallet addresses..
Miqg46W8NKPTWxoNrdLATrNgqXeDoWmjJj
MpgiFEthMuGj7K8AthZuEhjsuyDZ4j82Pd
MXUnRpMAYBVaYTz612nrgmo45LqsnPuYjQ

Version 3 still shows totals but won't fully sync (hard fork), new version shows 0 for totals. Sigh :/

Devvie

really weird...

...anyway, i checked blocked explorer and the first 2 addresses have total about ~4.57 mmxiv combined and have been there since nov 30 so if we get that working it should give you ~10 mmxiv in interest now

client should be version 1.0.8

are you familiar with exporting and importing private keys? if you are, you could try that too
dump the priv keys from the old wallet

on the 1.0.8 client with fully synched blockchain,  importprivkey on a new wallet

I used the export function on the 3 wallet addresses and I ended up with 3 cvs files...

How to use
importprivkey <MMXIVprivkey> [label]

to get funds back / test? Smiley

xx

Devvie

i think you exported the transactions, here are the steps to get the private keys

1) in the old wallet go to help > debug > console
2) type "dumpprivkey Miqg46W8NKPTWxoNrdLATrNgqXeDoWmjJj"
3) type "dumpprivkey MpgiFEthMuGj7K8AthZuEhjsuyDZ4j82Pd"
4) in the new wallet with fully synched blockchain go to help > debug > console
5) type "importprivkey <privkey>"
    - wallet will freeze for awhile as it rescans the blockchain
6) do same for other private key

i think the console in linux is the command line itself

try running ./Maieuticoin-qt dumpprivkey Miqg46W8NKPTWxoNrdLATrNgqXeDoWmjJj

in the 1.0.8 mmxiv wallet, what block is it on now? does it have the same block as
http://mmxiv.blockexplorer.cc/chain/MMXIV
currently block 112168 now
just making sure you are on the right blockchain

Quote from: devvienuis
Anyways, super thank you for the insights!! Would it be ok if I use your name in a copy paste instruction?

Again, thanks you saver Smiley

Let me know if I can promote something for you ;-)

- whew! so happy we got that sorted out Cheesy

- you did not miss out on the staking, you should still get 2014% interest for nov 30 to jan 9 (40 days)
  each address will stake independently so
  address 1:
    > 2.038128 * 20.14 / 365 * 40 = 4.498401758465753 M
  address 2:
    > 2.545871 * 20.14 / 365 * 40 = 5.619051171506849 M
  so keep that wallet open and get that 10M interest stake
  dont send any M until you've staked so you dont lose those 40 days interest

- cant really say there was a bug, i think when you forked it cause the problems, now that i think about it, i wonder if running "repairwallet" would have fixed it on 1.0.8, i just thought about it  Shocked

- you are welcome and i dont mind you using my name

- you may want to check out clams too:
  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623147.0
  > unique distribution, sent to btc/ltc/doge addresses, just need to claim your coins
  > just-dice reopened and is now using clams
  > irc is #clams

cheers!

I'll be testing the repair wallet function later and I"ll let you know. For now, some interesting reading to say goodbye to all folks good at heart and spirit! http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/48517/cryptocurrency-what-is-a-fork/

Peace!

Devvie
twitter.com/devnullius - currently staking with 15.4 MMXIV (from a little below 5 in 1.0.2 client)

POST-EDIT: well I'll be <explicit>! I now loaded the old original 1.0.2 wallet and guess what: suddenly totals do show!?!! I don't get it. Will double-check on my other computer next.
devvienuis (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 10:13:41 PM
Last edit: January 15, 2015, 10:39:07 PM by devvienuis

<devnullius> what will the influence of coinage be on mmxiv if I don't move them around?
<iGotBallSpots> max age is 30 days
<devnullius> and then no more staking?
<iGotBallSpots> 24h / 30d
<mraudio106> so if this works, is there a sugested size for the blocks?  I have 100 coins
<iGotBallSpots> youll still stake, but coins will slowly work out of staking
<iGotBallSpots> dude just send them all lol
<devnullius> ? what does that mean? Slowly work out of staking?
<iGotBallSpots> staking literally cannot get easier than mmxiv
<iGotBallSpots> yea...max age is 30 days...
<devnullius> so...
<iGotBallSpots> i dont understand what is confusing
<iGotBallSpots> deposit your coins, move them once a month
<iGotBallSpots> what is the problem?
<mraudio106> ill just leave them as is...
<mraudio106> thanks for the headache  Smiley
<iGotBallSpots> if mmxiv confuses you, i think pos might not be a good choice lol
<devnullius> The problem is that I don't feel like moving them every 30 days. It's idle work. And I don't understand what happens after 30 days. I'll mint but "slowly work out of staking"- whatever tha tmeans
<iGotBallSpots> not to be rude, but this is the simplest coin to stake ever
<iGotBallSpots> then you wont stake lol if you cant take 2 mins once month you dont deserve 5.5% daily
<devnullius> You sound like the developer: really arrogant
<iGotBallSpots> i am, and you're still a bitch that i dislike very much
<devnullius> There he is
<devnullius> The bitch thrower
<devnullius> Real class, once more
<iGotBallSpots> its not a secret
<iGotBallSpots> i think you are a stupid bitch, yes
<iGotBallSpots> not smart
<iGotBallSpots> and an asshole
<devnullius> glad you are the only one
<iGotBallSpots> you are whining about moving your coins once a month
<iGotBallSpots> fuck off, seriously
<devnullius> instead I get many warnings about you
<iGotBallSpots> go bother hyp
<devnullius> figures, how manyu warnings did you get about me?
<iGotBallSpots> they would love to hold your hand
<iGotBallSpots> none, bceause you are a nobody lol
<iGotBallSpots> insignificant
<iGotBallSpots> go back to spamming twitter about how i hurt your feelings
<devnullius> ofcourse I am
<iGotBallSpots> and fuck the fuck off

---
I will never stop deleting your posts. Stupid bitch
---
Stop being a clueless bitch if you don't want to be treated as such. You literally have no concept of cryptos, staked on an old fork for TWO MONTHS, then blamed me for your incompetence

Go away. We don't need your $5 of investments. Go back to reserving names on Twitter to sell to new coins. We always need people scraping the bottom of the barrel for us

Stupid bitch
---

so yeah... He's great, this developer. And I'm now banned from his IRC channel Smiley Time to sell all them MMXIV's once it hits the 0.023 mark again... Crazy 2014% PoS will kill the coin in the end any way ;p

Devvie
twitter.com/devnullius

11cc253139771130e2badb36ab42705a431ee86bdea482a4667e0ea486fc2349
BCwinning

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 10:17:06 PM

scam coin just move on

The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.
noelmal

Activity: 265

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 10:08:28 PM

How is this a scam accusation? Looks like some dev just sick of you nagging because you don't understand even the basics of a simple cryptocurrency?
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2015, 10:19:27 PM

Stop being a clueless bitch if you don't want to be treated as such. You literally have no concept of cryptos, staked on an old fork for TWO MONTHS, then blamed me for your incompetence

Go away. We don't need your $5 of investments. Go back to reserving names on Twitter to sell to new coins. We always need people scraping the bottom of the barrel for us

Stupid bitch

devvienuis (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 10:31:03 PM
Last edit: January 15, 2015, 11:16:39 PM by devvienuis

Cheesy

Just for the record: I never sold any twitter accounts... Offered them for free to the respective coins, yes...  Wink
devvienuis (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 10:36:44 PM
Last edit: January 15, 2015, 11:10:48 PM by devvienuis

How is this a scam accusation? Looks like some dev just sick of you nagging because you don't understand even the basics of a simple cryptocurrency?

Well, no. It's all about the attitude of this guy. I never curse and I work hard. Yet I get called a bitch & loser. No, the guy does not communicate. That's the problem. And if you point it out, he gets mad instead of taking pointers to improve. That's why I post this here. For I learned that behaviour like this often proceeds an early grave for crypto. And calling me bitch, well that deserves some attention I think. No serious investor should invest in people like this. But I never yelled "scam".

And one way or another; the old wallet either had a bug preventing me from going to 1.0.2 to 1.0.8 or he simply failed to write down even basic instructions on how to import old blockchain keys into the new one (what I had to do to get it working, with help from others). And no, I had not been "staking" on an old blockchain for months... And I did not invest 5$, I was one of the first actually mining the coin from the first hour of launch. That's how stupid I am ;p

And yes, I do not understand that minting continues but dies. For that's what he was saying in the IRC chat. The guy is a narcissist or a deeply autistic person with no human skills at all. And I'm not alone in pointing this out, but I am the only one that will remind people of his behaviour Smiley

Peace!

Devvie

devvienuis (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 11:19:39 PM
Last edit: January 15, 2015, 11:36:59 PM by devvienuis

You know what, I'll leave it this time so people see how fucking stupid you are. I'll also post my response in your "SCAM ACCUSATIONS" thread about me

Stupid bitch

I'll continue deleting everything else that you post. Just leaving this so people see how fucking stupid you are

Dumb cunt

For the record... Tell me where I explicitly said you were a scam... This child-board just seemed like the best fit for my nagging Smiley

You know, it's almost like I hurt your shrimpled little "D" after this bitch rejected your "you are my friend now" remarks and comments in IRC, some time ago... Because that's how I am: always honest. Even when it would not benefit my own cause.

xx
BCwinning

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 12:52:47 PM

Well, no. It's all about the attitude of this guy. I never curse and I work hard. Yet I get called a bitch & loser. No, the guy does not communicate. That's the problem. And if you point it out, he gets mad instead of taking pointers to improve. That's why I post this here. For I learned that behaviour like this often proceeds an early grave for crypto. And calling me bitch, well that deserves some attention I think. No serious investor should invest in people like this. But I never yelled "scam".

this exactly. Lack of communication and rushing shit, changing the name, scam coin.

The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.
TheMonarch

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 09:50:44 PM

Instead of changing names, he's releasing another shit coin and let his previous coin bagholders alone.

TheMonarch

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 04:32:38 AM

Ah, look what he just wrote on C-Cex in the Trollbox:

https://i.imgur.com/tb8XjtE.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/s3dE3YG.jpg

As you see he will speed up BALLS again as soon as he bought enough coins for a cheap price, then he will probably dump them when the price is high again. What a greedy plan!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: