Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:36:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [H] $500 PayPal [W] BTC  (Read 790 times)
Zendikar (OP)

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 03:23:23 AM

I understand I'm new so I'll use escrow/go first to trusted.
Buying at bitstamp + 3-5% depending on amount.
Hit me up Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KingOfSports

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Acc bought - used solely for signature testing

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 03:28:24 AM

You won't get any business, you'll just chargeback the payment after you have rec'd the bitcoin. Good time, move onto your next account and put some more effort into it next time.

Zendikar (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 03:35:50 AM

1. This is my first and only account
2. I won't chargeback, we can do it in increments if you'd like/use an escrow
Fuck off with your bullshit m8
KingOfSports

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 03:38:45 AM

Do see here.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=14632.0

Zendikar (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 03:48:01 AM

Do see here.

yes I'm aware of how PayPal works, dumbass.
KingOfSports

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 03:51:46 AM

Do see here.

yes I'm aware of how PayPal works, dumbass.
So explain to us how we can trust a newbie then with the easy chargeback ability of paypal? Increments?

Okay I'll trade $50 with you but since paypal has a 180 day chargeback ability, we will hold the BTC in escrow for 180 days, sound good? Let me know and I'll message an escrow right now since you obviously will be fine with that since your not a scammer!

Otherwise theres no way we can believe your word since your new...  Undecided

master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 05:01:14 AM

Sorry but KingOfSports has a point in regards to the high risk of accepting PayPal payments, from anyone. Add that to the fact that you're new around here makes it even harder for people to be able to trust you. Of course I am not saying you're a scammer but I think people around here would much rather exchange PP transactions with someone with much more rep for a significantly less risk.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
Zendikar (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 04:54:57 PM

Sorry but KingOfSports has a point in regards to the high risk of accepting PayPal payments, from anyone. Add that to the fact that you're new around here makes it even harder for people to be able to trust you. Of course I am not saying you're a scammer but I think people around here would much rather exchange PP transactions with someone with much more rep for a significantly less risk.
Well then how am I supposed to build up a reputation if nobody will deal with me?
marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 05:01:56 PM

Well then how am I supposed to build up a reputation if nobody will deal with me?

Deal with smaller amounts than 500USD.
Maxplayer14

Activity: 36

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 05:05:49 PM

Your best bet is localbitcoins.com if your going to use Paypal, that's what I have had to do.  Then I trade on here using other methods to build rep.
KingOfSports

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 06:24:24 PM

Use generally non-reversal payment methods like bank cash deposit, vanilla reload, etc.

Zendikar (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 07:31:14 PM

Your best bet is localbitcoins.com if your going to use Paypal, that's what I have had to do.  Then I trade on here using other methods to build rep.
everyone on LBTC that uses PayPal charges outrageous rates. I'm not looking to get ripped off...
KingOfSports

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 07:32:26 PM

everyone on LBTC that uses PayPal charges outrageous rates. I'm not looking to get ripped off...
Thats because no one wants to take a risk on PayPal. Look at cash deposits, they are 3-4% above market, fair price. Withdraw your balance from PayPal or go to your local bank and get your $500 and buy from LBC. Quick and fast. Theres a guy who even guarantees you your coins within 7 minutes of you marking payment complete via cash deposit.

Shattered

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 09:13:48 PM

Another alternative to your problem OP, is to use Green Dot Money Paks. These are pre paid "codes" that you purchase with cash that can later be added to another persons Paypal acct.

Since the codes can only be used 1 time, someone who has a PP acct would be willing to accept these.
I certainly cant speak for the entire community, but i would be willing to trade with a new member of the forum if he were to have Green Dot Money Pak codes.

I dont think anyone is outright calling you a scammer, its just that $500 is a rather large amount to trade out of the gates with...
Smaller amounts to start off, and post/add to the forum community and you will have a solid reputation in no time.

Good luck
Zendikar (OP)

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 02:13:22 AM

Another alternative to your problem OP, is to use Green Dot Money Paks. These are pre paid "codes" that you purchase with cash that can later be added to another persons Paypal acct.

Since the codes can only be used 1 time, someone who has a PP acct would be willing to accept these.
I certainly cant speak for the entire community, but i would be willing to trade with a new member of the forum if he were to have Green Dot Money Pak codes.

I dont think anyone is outright calling you a scammer, its just that $500 is a rather large amount to trade out of the gates with...
Smaller amounts to start off, and post/add to the forum community and you will have a solid reputation in no time.

Good luck
Thanks for your help, I'll try that out  Smiley
KingOfSports

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 02:14:49 AM

Good luck
Thanks for your help, I'll try that out  Smiley
If you're going to get a reload card/pack don't get a moneypak, generally the going rates for them are only 90% face value at best. Instead, get a vanilla reload the reload pack NOT the debit card. The going rate for them is 95-100% face value at bitstamp rate around here.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: