Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 08:34:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: THIS IS THE REAL MOREIA!! PLEASE HELP ME!!!!  (Read 6730 times)
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 01:32:29 AM

You still need to get that neg trust off his account.

Vod is offline , the other members removed the negative feedback.

Well stuff happens snow..not that big of a deal. This will all fade away soon enough..you do have to admit someone pulled off an epic trolling!

Yes someone make me really trouble  Roll Eyes , but at the end with some luck  we have "fixed" all.
MadZ

Activity: 908
Merit: 657

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 01:33:19 AM

Am I the only one who finds it extremely unlikely that Moreia just happened to randomly attach an email to his account that someone related to Bitcointalk happened to own? Assuming it wasn't posted publicly, unless I'm missing something, the only two people who should have had access to the email name are Moreia and redsn0w. Are people really believing that some random third party was the culprit here? Come on.
charlieSeen

Activity: 241
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 01:37:27 AM

Since redsn0w locked the other thread I figure I will post this here

Quote from: BadBear
Well, what I do know.

IPs during the incident, after the loan, were different (Tor).
moreia_alt's IPs do match moreia's.
Whoever is logged into moreia's account currently is also using Tor (odd).

I'll leave the speculating for others.
I think it is somewhat suspicious that redsn0w logged into moreia's account via tor. I am not really sure why he would do that.

I do think this entire situation proves that redsn0w is not sufficiently competent to be handling escrow services and lacks the required judgment that people on default trust list should have  
redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 01:42:46 AM

Since redsn0w locked the other thread I figure I will post this here

Quote from: BadBear
Well, what I do know.

IPs during the incident, after the loan, were different (Tor).
moreia_alt's IPs do match moreia's.
Whoever is logged into moreia's account currently is also using Tor (odd).

I'll leave the speculating for others.
I think it is somewhat suspicious that redsn0w logged into moreia's account via tor. I am not really sure why he would do that.

I do think this entire situation proves that redsn0w is not sufficiently competent to be handling escrow services and lacks the required judgment that people on default trust list should have  

Thanks for the opinion , I logged from tor for demonstrate to one of the two admin that I'm logged from that precisely IP. Maybe I could use a vpn , but for a question of rapidity I chose tor.

As I told before , that is the first time that I didn't change also the email , only because I've seen the random letters and I don't remember if it was public or not.

I'm think I'm sufficient competent, because I'm learning from my mistake/forgetfulness; but someone make me really trouble. Thanks again to the community.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5236
Merit: 13089

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 01:47:14 AM

I have figured it out
Last escrow, you switched email privacy to Public to show the account was in escrow
I changed the email to random characters, someone on this forum saw it and tried to recover the account by registering the email and recovering the password

This seems plausible.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
charlieSeen

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 01:50:47 AM

Am I the only one who finds it extremely unlikely that Moreia just happened to randomly attach an email to his account that someone related to Bitcointalk happened to own? Assuming it wasn't posted publicly, unless I'm missing something, the only two people who should have had access to the email name are Moreia and redsn0w. Are people really believing that some random third party was the culprit here? Come on.
On one of the many threads about this fiasco it was pointed out that the email was displayed publicly so someone could have hacked the email address that was displayed.

It looks like that redsn0w is censoring people criticizing his work in this situation by locking all the threads that are discussing this situation. I would think that most escrows would not do anything with accounts while they are holding them.

Thanks for the opinion , I logged from tor for demonstrate to one of the two admin that I'm logged from that precisely IP. Maybe I could use a vpn , but for a question of rapidity I chose tor.
Huh If you wanted to prove that you controlled the other account with IP evidence then you would log into the account with the same IP address.
As I told before , that is the first time that I didn't change also the email , only because I've seen the random letters and I don't remember if it was public or not.
Is the fact that an email address is public or not tracked (@badbear), if it can be verified that it was public (or if this is not tracked) then it is plausible some third party was behind this, if it can be verified that it was not public then the culprit was defiantly either moreia or you and you logged into the account the exact same way the person who was trolling logged in
I'm think I'm sufficient competent, because I'm learning from my mistake/forgetfulness; but someone make me really trouble. Thanks again to the community.
If you are still learning then you are not competent (by definition). As mentioned above it is concerning that you are posting from an account you are controlling via escrow and effectively censoring criticism of your work
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 01:54:00 AM

it was a mistake to make the email public and you should never be posting or messaging from an account under escrow IMO.

redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 01:55:03 AM

@charlieSeen , now what do you want ? Thanks to the community we have fixed my mistake , but the troll (maybe someone hate me or something like that) made me this epic trolling.

I'm not censoring no one, you can write whatever you want. I've locked those other topics for prevent the spam, useless post etc....

it was a mistake to make the email public and you should never be posting or messaging from an account under escrow IMO.

I only quoted the post with the repayment address as I always do and the troll make my really trouble.
charlieSeen

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 02:05:41 AM

@charlieSeen , now what do you want ? Thanks to the community we have fixed my mistake , but the troll (maybe someone hate me or something like that) made me this epic trolling.

I'm not censoring no one, you can write whatever you want. I've locked those other topic for prevent the spam, useless post etc....
You locked specific threads that reflected poorly on you/made you look bad. From my point of view you are trying to prevent people from bumping those threads so it will be more difficult for people to see what kind of job you did in this case.

The mistake was resolved because whoever was trolling, just so happened to publicly display their password when it got banned and because the people whose trust feedback carries any weight are reasonable

EDIT: I think you should leave the threads unlocked and allow whoever gets the account after the term of the loan expires to decide what happens to the threads/posts
lihuajkl
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 02:09:57 AM

At least now everything seems be sorted out! Let's wait until the end. If real Moreia repay the loan back, then we will be clear about everything!
redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 02:10:52 AM
Last edit: January 02, 2015, 02:21:25 AM by redsn0w

I'm not censoring no one, you can write whatever you want. I've locked those other topic for prevent the spam, useless post etc....
You locked specific threads that reflected poorly on you/made you look bad. From my point of view you are trying to prevent people from bumping those threads so it will be more difficult for people to see what kind of job you did in this case.

I locked this topics:

- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=909632.0
- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=910686.0
- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=910833.0
- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=910711.0
- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=910999.0

Only for prevent the spam and useless post , here you can write whatever you want (don't worry ,at least stay "on topic"). In this case I forgot to hide the email (or better to change it)  and some one made all this epic trolling.

The mistake was resolved because whoever was trolling, just so happened to publicly display their password when it got banned and because the people whose trust feedback carries any weight are reasonable
Yes I've signed a message from my address and they removed the negative feedback and after I've contacted BadBear and ask him to unBan the moreia's forum account. With the help of the community  and of the troll (password) everything is back to the normal.
charlieSeen

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 02:17:04 AM

I locked this topics:

- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=909632.0
- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=910686.0
- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=910833.0
- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=910711.0
- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=910999.0

Only for prevent the spam and useless post , here you can write whatever you want (don't worry ,at least stay "on topic").  In this case I forgot to hide the email (or better to change it ).
That is exactly my point. That is 5 topics that reflect badly on you (you would probably make it 6 if you controlled the account that created this thread). Each of the threads had a different discussion so it would not be possible to participate in each of those discussions and stay on topic in this one thread.

It is not your job to stop spam posts, if someone posts spam in any of those threads you can report it and it will get deleted.

Having only one thread that reflects poorly on you is much less damaging then having two threads, each additional thread that makes you look bad hurts your reputation more then the prior one.

Like I said before you should leave them unlocked and let whoever ends up with control of the account after the loan is done to decide if they stay open or not
lihuajkl
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 02:19:09 AM

Hopefully U learned from this experience! As an professional escrow provider, u know ur reputation will be easily ruined by any simple mistake! 
redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 02:20:27 AM

That is exactly my point. That is 5 topics that reflect badly on you (you would probably make it 6 if you controlled the account that created this thread). Each of the threads had a different discussion so it would not be possible to participate in each of those discussions and stay on topic in this one thread.

It is not your job to stop spam posts, if someone posts spam in any of those threads you can report it and it will get deleted.

Having only one thread that reflects poorly on you is much less damaging then having two threads, each additional thread that makes you look bad hurts your reputation more then the prior one.

Like I said before you should leave them unlocked and let whoever ends up with control of the account after the loan is done to decide if they stay open or not

The prevention is better , however now I should go offline now. Thanks again for the opinion , you can always don't post (you're not obligated to do it).
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3098

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2015, 02:28:25 AM

I disagree.  Change the email to a general escrow mailbox so that everyone can see the account is in escrow.

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 2341

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 02:37:47 AM

I disagree.  Change the email to a general escrow mailbox so that everyone can see the account is in escrow.
You can only have one account associated with a specific email address. You can change the personal message/signature to reflect the status of the account
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 02:55:05 AM

I disagree.  Change the email to a general escrow mailbox so that everyone can see the account is in escrow.
You can only have one account associated with a specific email address. You can change the personal message/signature to reflect the status of the account

i think this is pretty good solution!

nobody is perfect and if redsnow learns from it he will be a better escrow then before.

a happy new year everyone   Wink

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 03:23:02 AM

In addition, using an email address under the control of the escrower is a safety mechanism in case the new password is forgotten , mistyped, or otherwise lost.

MadZ

Activity: 908
Merit: 657

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 03:38:16 AM

On one of the many threads about this fiasco it was pointed out that the email was displayed publicly so someone could have hacked the email address that was displayed.

Is there proof of this?

I'm not sure what the exact communication between redsn0w and moreia was, but it appears moreia explicitly stated beforehand that the email was invalid and not under his control. Assuming redsn0w was not the one who set the account's email information to public, this is mostly moreia's fault. Anyone could have taken control of the account after he did this, even if redsn0w planned on changing the email in the future.
screwUdriver

Activity: 346
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 03:47:17 AM

Is there proof of this?

I'm not sure what the exact communication between redsn0w and moreia was, but it appears moreia explicitly stated beforehand that the email was invalid and not under his control. Assuming redsn0w was not the one who set the account's email information to public, this is mostly moreia's fault. Anyone could have taken control of the account after he did this, even if redsn0w planned on changing the email in the future.
The proof is in this thread.

I have figured it out
Last escrow, you switched email privacy to Public to show the account was in escrow
I changed the email to random characters, someone on this forum saw it and tried to recover the account by registering the email and recovering the password

This seems plausible.
For as long Moreia was in control of his own account, his security settings are his concern and his concern only. When an escrow is holding collateral it is their responsibility to keep the collateral secure while they are holding it. This includes changing certain settings that would cause it to be vulnerable to getting hacked.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: