Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:00:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Look at a pirate, eye to eye if you dare.  (Read 60648 times)
BoardGameCoin

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 06:37:23 PM

Cant wait for next years snub!  Smiley   Im excited...

After this I will be sure to invest all my money with all of you guys and your businesses, your truly a stand up crowd, and Im glad you ultimately showed your social attitudes to people outside your little clique..

I have all the information I need..  Cheers..

teflone: is this sarcastic or not? tone doesn't transfer well on the internetz.

I'm selling great Minion Games like The Manhattan Project, Kingdom of Solomon and Venture Forth at 4% off retail starting June 2012. PM me or go to my thread in the Marketplace if you're interested.

For Settlers/Dominion/Carcassone etc., I do email gift cards on Amazon for a 5% fee. PM if you're interested.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mike Jones

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 06:38:51 PM

After this I will be sure to invest all my money with all of you guys and your businesses, your truly a stand up crowd, and Im glad you ultimately showed your social attitudes to people outside your little clique..

He's upset.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 06:39:54 PM

Why would he seriously be excited to be snubbed?

Hint: yes, it's sarcastic

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Shadow383

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 07:04:42 PM

Okay, here's a different question:

Has anyone who isn't affiliated with a pirate pass-through of some sort come forward and said that they met him in Vegas?
finkleshnorts

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 07:06:37 PM

Has anyone who isn't affiliated with a pirate pass-through of some sort come forward and said that they met him in Vegas?

Cmon dude, he was there. This isn't Oliver Stone's JFK.
notme
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 07:11:59 PM

I'm affiliated with a pass through and I did not meet him in Vegas.

Does that help?

BoardGameCoin

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 07:13:32 PM

really honest bob? It seems a relevant question, regardless of whether he was there or not...

I'm selling great Minion Games like The Manhattan Project, Kingdom of Solomon and Venture Forth at 4% off retail starting June 2012. PM me or go to my thread in the Marketplace if you're interested.

For Settlers/Dominion/Carcassone etc., I do email gift cards on Amazon for a 5% fee. PM if you're interested.
finkleshnorts

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 07:17:35 PM

really honest bob? It seems a relevant question, regardless of whether he was there or not...

Not trying to be rude, sorry.

But it seems like it's only a relevant question if everyone who says they saw him are actually in a massive conspiracy, and Pirate never showed. Which is not the case.
BoardGameCoin

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 07:22:48 PM

More relevant is who he showed to and what kind of environment it was. Conmen are masters at managing their environment, and it seems like he excluded a person (teflone) who wasn't even particularly antagonistic. I'm not arguing that you or giga/etc didn't see pirate in Vegas, I'm just trying to understand if any new information was actually gained. Right now, it seems no.

edit: also, I fail to see how you mentioning a girlfriend being present is at all relevant...

Shadow383

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 07:25:43 PM

I think there is a list of everyone that was there up in the thread.  Do you trust any of them?  One of the guys brought his girlfriend with him.  I talked to her a bit.  She was very level headed and very intelligent.  Would you trust her?
It's a very simple question:

"Has anyone who isn't affiliated with a pirate pass-through of some sort come forward and said that they met him in Vegas?"

Right now I'm forced to assume that the answer is no.

More relevant is who he showed to and what kind of environment it was. Conmen are masters at managing their environment, and it seems like he excluded a person (teflone) who wasn't even particularly antagonistic. I'm not arguing that you or giga/etc didn't see pirate in Vegas, I'm just trying to understand if any new information was actually gained. Right now, it seems no.

edit: also, I fail to see how you mentioning a girlfriend being present is at all relevant...
Also this.
At the end of the day, this guy is handling millions of dollars of other people's money.
I don't see why there should be an issue with a little transparency if everything's on the level.

Not trying to be rude, sorry.

But it seems like it's only a relevant question if everyone who says they saw him are actually in a massive conspiracy, and Pirate never showed. Which is not the case.
I was looking at it more along the lines of "Did he show his face to anyone who isn't directly involved and profiting from the spread of his scheme?"
Shadow383

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 07:50:44 PM

I will corroborate the claims of GigaVPS, Burt, etc., that they met me, and transitively, I met a person who may be Pirate and met the reasonable standards of identification of the person most commonly associated with that forum username.  I do not manage a pass-through.
Sweet.
Thankyou for going some way towards answering my question rather than attacking me for practising due diligence  Roll Eyes
Well that's something I guess.

Truth is, I'd love to get rates of >5% weekly on my coins, but I have a long-standing policy that if I'm going to give someone serious cash (Let's say, more than a week's pay) then I need enough information that I can either sue them if it all goes wrong or head over to their house with a cricket bat  Wink
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 07:55:55 PM

Howdy,

I'll be in Las Vegas July 27th through July 29th with some of the biggest names in Bitcoin.  If you're in the area drop by and we can all chat.  Contact me for details if you're interested.

P.S. Private security will be present so no fishy business. Tongue

-pirate

Translation: "I am attempting to show that I am credible by using the biggest names in bitcoin to get people to trust me with their bitcoins."

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

finkleshnorts

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 08:13:01 PM

Sweet.
Thankyou for going some way towards answering my question rather than attacking me for practising due diligence  Roll Eyes
Well that's something I guess.

Truth is, I'd love to get rates of >5% weekly on my coins, but I have a long-standing policy that if I'm going to give someone serious cash (Let's say, more than a week's pay) then I need enough information that I can either sue them if it all goes wrong or head over to their house with a cricket bat  Wink

While neither of those remedies would work in this case, if I were to offer a PPT or subaccounts, the rates would be much, much lower than those offered by other PPTs.  I would only offer insured deposits, which would necessarily incur costs that would have to be taken from the returns.  Competing with PPTs offering 7% (so a rising tide lifts all boats) would not be possible.  With a tiny bit of actuarial math and market analysis, I'd probably offer terms in the 1%-3% range, possibly rising as the 'premium' covers the principal.  Still a fine return, but you can insure yourself just as easily if you're willing to take the "risk" of 7% and pull your initial deposit.

Others have floated the idea of less-exposed debt instruments, and that would be where my interests would lie.

If you fully insure a PPT at 3% a week starting off, I would invest Smiley
LoweryCBS

Activity: 364

firstbits 1LoCBS

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 08:55:38 PM

I will corroborate the claims of GigaVPS, Burt, etc., that they met me, and transitively, I met a person who may be Pirate and met the reasonable standards of identification of the person most commonly associated with that forum username.  I do not manage a pass-through.

The most level-headed and unambiguous statement in this thread thus far. I feel there was some actual effort made to say something useful that can be taken at face value. Thank you, reeses

As Reeses' identity is fairly well known, this statement, and his credibility, carry some substantial weight with me. As such, if he were to offer a 100% insured PPT that offers 3%, I'd be on board.
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 09:46:11 PM

As Reeses' identity is fairly well known, this statement, and his credibility, carry some substantial weight with me. As such, if he were to offer a 100% insured PPT that offers 3%, I'd be on board.

At least wait until there has been a delay-free payment from BS&T again. For all I can see, this time all interest payments are delayed, as in still missing.

All I can think of when I read reeses is the quote "I will crap in your face and then describe unto you the ways to clean my fundament". I see he deleted it along with a whole set of insulting and derailing posts in that bet thread... just like Goat in this. lol -- the "conversation" looks even weirder now, if that's possible.
RoloTonyBrownTown

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 10:02:35 PM

At least wait until there has been a delay-free payment from BS&T again. For all I can see, this time all interest payments are delayed, as in still missing.

All I can think of when I read reeses is the quote "I will crappy in your face and then describe unto you the ways to clean my fundament". I see he deleted it along with a whole set of insulting and derailing posts in that bet thread... just like Goat in this. lol -- the "conversation" looks even weirder now, if that's possible.

Aw, diddums.     

koin
Legendary

Activity: 873
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 10:15:02 PM

And you are still a muckraking asshole.

shoot the messenger!

bb113

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 01:56:49 AM

If they were at defcon the info is in their badge. Ask for proof.
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2012, 02:25:41 AM

If they were at defcon the info is in their badge. Ask for proof.

+1
notme
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 04:57:58 AM

What is defcon?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=defcon

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: