Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:01:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 300 is broken, to never see again  (Read 6199 times)
minerpumpkin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 12:51:23 AM

Sold at $1000 which is making me feel pretty happy now Smiley

Good decision! But now could be a good point do buy back, at least some of the coins. Hell, if you bought back your initial stash, you'd still have most of your FIAT right now Cheesy That's what I call a good deal!

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lay-z

Activity: 259
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 12:58:15 AM

any idea if there is a reason behind this chaos ?

Chief Mughawa is selling

I was going to do something today but I haven't finished doing nothing from yesterday...
st4nl3y
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:33:20 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if it goes below $280 today
... you were saying ?

Sad

Only two hours late Wink
cshelswell

Activity: 615

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 01:42:22 AM

Good decision! But now could be a good point do buy back, at least some of the coins. Hell, if you bought back your initial stash, you'd still have most of your FIAT right now Cheesy That's what I call a good deal!

Haha yep you're right. I've still kept some aside though so I'll see where it goes. Always a good idea to keep some of your stash. I learnt that the hard way!

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 02:14:02 AM

I would not be happy selling bitcoin at any price.

It's probably one of the most valuable commodities mankind has ever created.
vicemayor

Activity: 194
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 02:15:04 AM

I'll start buying some...

... at $230.

Cheesy

It looks like $230 may arrive sooner than I expected. And, I may need to revise my predictions to sub-$100...
cshelswell

Activity: 615

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 02:31:41 AM

If you just hoard though they've not really got any value at all. What would you do with them other than buy and sell?

twiifm

Activity: 784

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 02:34:02 AM

If you just hoard though they've not really got any value at all. What would you do with them other than buy and sell?

Let the boy lose his pants.  Then maybe he'll learn a thing or two
twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 03:17:01 AM

Well this be a good time for those who wanted to buy low. Get in while you can.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 03:51:17 AM

Markets work when people place their own subjective value on something.

I own 44 BTC.

I used to own quite a few more which I traded against fiat, alts scams and other bullshit. I'm now done with that as I lost quite a bit.

I don't want to loose any more.

I won't be trading the rest of my BTC for anything - even if it goes to zero. I certainly won't be trading it for the US dollar because I value BTC over the US dollar.
RomertL

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 04:27:08 AM

^
Lol, I'm afraid your pinup girl just ain't into you, and certainly wouldn't be seen with you in public Sad

"Qestion:
What do you think of the libertarian movement?

Ayn Rand:
All kinds of people today call themselves “libertarians,” especially something calling itself the New Right, which consists of hippies who are anarchists instead of leftist collectivists; but anarchists are collectivists. Capitalism is the one system that requires absolute objective law, yet libertarians combine capitalism and anarchism. That’s worse than anything the New Left has proposed. It’s a mockery of philosophy and ideology. They sling slogans and try to ride on two bandwagons. They want to be hippies, but don’t want to preach collectivism because those jobs are already taken. But anarchism is a logical outgrowth of the anti-intellectual side of collectivism. I could deal with a Marxist with a greater chance of reaching some kind of understanding, and with much greater respect. Anarchists are the scum of the intellectual world of the Left, which has given them up. So the Right picks up another leftist discard. That’s the libertarian movement.
"--Ayn Rand Answers: The Best of Her Q&A, ed. Robert Mayhew

To be honest, I'm quite new to Ayn Rand, I'm just now finishing Atlas Shrugged and haven't red anything else yet. But I find myself agreeing to nearly 100% of the message in that book, and lot's of my favorite anarcho-capitalists like Jeff Berwick and Stefan Molyneux like her a lot. I've also heard though, that anarcho-capitalism and objectivism isn't compatible although I haven't explored why yet. What's your take on that, what's the fundamental difference? "Capitalism is the one system that requires absolute objective law, yet libertarians combine capitalism and anarchism." Well, who says there can't be laws in an anarchistic system? Anarchism means "no rulers" which is not the same as no laws. Laws can be privatized, there's whole books written about that. More interestingly, contracts made in the blockchain can be created so they can't be broken. They can be made so if a certain criteria is fullfilled, btc automatically moves from one wallet to another, making law redundant in many cases! The law is in the code and enforces itself! When Ayn Rand was still around, there was no way anybody could have predicted such a revolutionary technology. Maybe she would change her stance if she were alive today.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████▀
░░░░░░░▄████░░████████▀
░░▄█████████████████▀
░░░████████████████▀
░░░░██████████████▀
░░░░░██████░░█████▀
░░░░░░██████████▀
░░░░░░░████████▀
░░░░░░░░██████▀
░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░░░░░░░░█▀

▄████████████▀▀█▄
████▀▀▀▀▀░░░▄ ░██
██▄░░░░░░░▄▀░░███
████▄░░░▄▀░░░████
██████▄█░░░░█████
████████░▄░██████
▀███████████████▀
▄████▀▀▀█▀▀▀████▄
████░▄▀▀▀▀▀▄░████
██▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀██
█▀░░░█▀█░█▀█░░░▀█
█░░░░▀▀▀░▀▀▀░░░░█
█▄░░▀▄░░░░░▄▀░░██
▀██▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██▀

▄█▀███████▀▀████▄
██░░▀███▀░░░░▀▄██
███░░░░▀░░░░░░▄██
████░░░░░░░░░░░██
█████▄░░░░░░░░▄██
██▄░░░░░░░░░▄████
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████▀░▀▀▀▀░▀████
████░░░░░░░░░░███
████▄░░░░░░░░▄███
█▀████▄▄░░▄▄█████
██▄▀▀▀▀░░░░██████
▀██████▄▄▄▄█████▀

▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██░██
██░▄███████▄░█░██
██░█▄▄▄▄▄███░█░██
██░▀███████▀░████
███▄▄░░░▄▄▄▄█████
▀█████▄█████████▀

▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░▄▀█▀██▄░▀███
██░▄█▀░▀░▀▀██▄░██
██░███░▀▀▀ ▀██░██
██░███░████░██░██
██▄░█▄░▄░▄▄▄▀░▄██
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀

twiifm

Activity: 784

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 05:15:00 AM

^
Lol, I'm afraid your pinup girl just ain't into you, and certainly wouldn't be seen with you in public Sad

"Qestion:
What do you think of the libertarian movement?

Ayn Rand:
All kinds of people today call themselves “libertarians,” especially something calling itself the New Right, which consists of hippies who are anarchists instead of leftist collectivists; but anarchists are collectivists. Capitalism is the one system that requires absolute objective law, yet libertarians combine capitalism and anarchism. That’s worse than anything the New Left has proposed. It’s a mockery of philosophy and ideology. They sling slogans and try to ride on two bandwagons. They want to be hippies, but don’t want to preach collectivism because those jobs are already taken. But anarchism is a logical outgrowth of the anti-intellectual side of collectivism. I could deal with a Marxist with a greater chance of reaching some kind of understanding, and with much greater respect. Anarchists are the scum of the intellectual world of the Left, which has given them up. So the Right picks up another leftist discard. That’s the libertarian movement.
"--Ayn Rand Answers: The Best of Her Q&A, ed. Robert Mayhew

To be honest, I'm quite new to Ayn Rand, I'm just now finishing Atlas Shrugged and haven't red anything else yet. But I find myself agreeing to nearly 100% of the message in that book, and lot's of my favorite anarcho-capitalists like Jeff Berwick and Stefan Molyneux like her a lot. I've also heard though, that anarcho-capitalism and objectivism isn't compatible although I haven't explored why yet. What's your take on that, what's the fundamental difference? "Capitalism is the one system that requires absolute objective law, yet libertarians combine capitalism and anarchism." Well, who says there can't be laws in an anarchistic system? Anarchism means "no rulers" which is not the same as no laws. Laws can be privatized, there's whole books written about that. More interestingly, contracts made in the blockchain can be created so they can't be broken. They can be made so if a certain criteria is fullfilled, btc automatically moves from one wallet to another, making law redundant in many cases! The law is in the code and enforces itself! When Ayn Rand was still around, there was no way anybody could have predicted such a revolutionary technology. Maybe she would change her stance if she were alive today.

Are you reading what you are writing?  Laws are enforced by the state.  You can have contracts but it's useless unless it can be enforced.  Private judicial system?  Yeah right.  Good luck trying to sue a mega corporation who fucked you over
romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 05:28:47 AM

it cannot drop too much that makes mining unprofitable resulting in harder time to solve blocks, and the whole thing collapses.
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 05:41:45 AM

That was advise we received when the price neared $400.
AceWallen

Activity: 479

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 06:07:43 AM

That was advise we received when the price neared $400.

indeed -- there is no reason to jump in without waiting for a clear reversal. the trend is clearly down on higher time frames. hopefully we will either see a deep spike down to exhaust sellers, or we'll see a more obvious dying out of momentum. but for now (even if we have a token bounce from $270-280)... down.
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 07:22:07 AM

Made my day Cheesy

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
Addition

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 02:12:37 PM

any idea if there is a reason behind this chaos ?

Mad dump going off today for sure - Does anyone know what's behind this?

Some folks saying; Paycoin???  WTF IS Paycoin Cheesy

Or is this just simply another massive volume related dump, then expected bounce back(short-term)?

Paycoin recently mooned to the top of coinmarketcap after an IPO that apparently made millions. Right now it's just below litecoin in terms of market cap, but it's dropped like a stone from it's top price. Nobody seems to know exactly how much the devs mad or if they're dumping.

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/paycoin2/

Cheers mate, I heard there's a lot of angry Paycoin investors because the team behind it didn't actually have credible infrastructure in place:

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/josh-garza-address-growing-paycoin-paybase-scam-concerns-tnabc-miami/
Addition

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 02:18:47 PM

it cannot drop too much that makes mining unprofitable resulting in harder time to solve blocks, and the whole thing collapses.

6000+BTC net dump on just Bitstamp, we're at $260 now!!!! (past Hr)

Hope you're wrong about it collapsing, surely some miners are cool with hashing for a lose - they are like us expecting rebound?

I'm pretty convinced there will be a significant rebound coming to make the fiat exchangers a quick buck!

Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 03:54:57 PM

We broke 300 even sooner than expected, this ship is sinking faster than you will imagine.
My experience from long time successful trading is to get out as soon as you can.

we will be going down for sure but i am certain we will see 300 and above this year
1 btc bet that we see 300$ again for a bitcoin at some point this year? you say no

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
premium_domainer
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1012

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 03:57:33 PM

300 will be back within 72 hours from now.

| 500+ Premium Crypto domains for sale | CryptoMagazine.org | Advertise in my Signature for free by PM'ing me | BitcoinsChannel.com | CryptoUniversity.org  | Are you able to see this?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: