Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:03:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: 300 is broken, to never see again  (Read 6194 times)
kwukduck (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 01:50:50 PM

We broke 300 even sooner than expected, this ship is sinking faster than you will imagine.
My experience from long time successful trading is to get out as soon as you can.

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fabula

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 01:53:55 PM

It's over my friends.
A slowly death.
Morecoin Freeman

Activity: 854
Merit: 503

Legendary trader

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 01:57:35 PM

I actually bought just now ($296). Have been anticipating this weekend with a huge amount of USD.

I'm thinking about starting my own advice thread where I publish my buy and sell prices to help inexperienced traders.

I'm on a legendary win streak.

Ask the stranger he knows who you really are.
Silverspoon

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 01:58:27 PM

It's over my friends.
A slowly death.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 02:00:40 PM

we are above 300 what your are talking about? that swing a few hours ago count nothing
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 02:02:14 PM

Well shit.

Not sure what to make of this drop below $300.
vicemayor

Activity: 194
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 02:06:49 PM

I'll start buying some...

... at $230.

Cheesy
Hunyadi
Legendary

Activity: 1281
Merit: 1000

☑ ♟ ☐ ♚

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 02:23:06 PM

▂▃▅▇█▓▒░B**-Cultist░▒▓█▇▅▃▂
RCHumphrey

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 02:30:42 PM

There is no significance of 300 rather than 400 or any other barrier. There has been support at this level but dropping below doesn't mean a lot in my opinion. After all it's all just speculation with BTC price.
maranello1561

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 02:36:52 PM

And how are my dear bagholders doing this morning? You know y'all noobs who bought this crap at $1000. LOL. Lost money yet or what? I've covered most of my short now and will flip long soon. Thats how the big boys do it.
michaeladair

Activity: 448

I'm a Web Developer: HTML, CSS, PHP, JS.

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 02:39:10 PM

We broke 300 even sooner than expected, this ship is sinking faster than you will imagine.
My experience from long time successful trading is to get out as soon as you can.
Get out of here, you're obviously just farming for activity.

Well this isnt good. Does this signal the end?
Bitcoin won't end ever, people believe in it.

It's over my friends.
A slowly death.
Get off the forum if you think talking like that is good for Bitcoin.

Feri22

Activity: 748

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 02:42:37 PM

Well this isnt good. Does this signal the end?

YES  Grin
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1011

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2015, 02:45:15 PM

You can thank the paycoin groupies that are pushing this 1000s BTC scam that I bet is being dumped into Fiat as we speak.

It's ironic how the guy that represents PayCoin is named Josh, just as it was the case with Butterfly Labs. And guess what, both broke their promises. When I suddenly recognized the weird similarity between GAW and BFL I insta-dumped my speculative paycoins I can afford to lose.

Seeing BTC falling under 300 I insta-dumped a good portion of my hot wallet. However, I'm not holding any fiat, I bought nubits instead. NuBits is an excellent hedge against the collective downtrend of all other cryptos. Thank god I invested heavily into NuShares when they first came out, it has covered all my losses I'm having in BTC, PPC and now XPY. NuBits is like a dream come true.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 02:46:16 PM

There is no significance of 300 rather than 400 or any other barrier. There has been support at this level but dropping below doesn't mean a lot in my opinion. After all it's all just speculation with BTC price.

You're right, just a milestone on the slow grind down.  No more meaningful than the upcoming $200 Undecided
flounderella

Activity: 350

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 02:47:35 PM

Abandon ship, abandon ship. Run. Panic!

Just kidding... Honey, empty the kid's college fund, we need to buy some more bitcoins :p

Okay, still kidding. Relax, it'll be fine. In the short-term the price of BTC is whatever the last two schmucks agreed to exchange it for. Given that most addresses with big holdings have very little turnover tells me most long term investors are just sitting tight. Sell some if you need to pay rent but if thats the case, probably shouldnt even be putting your rent money into btc
exocytosis

Activity: 476

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 02:48:02 PM

Cheap coins! Weak hands! Bullish! To da Moon! This is gentlemen, and I'm hodling like crazy.

The dollar is collapsing any day now, and the Winklevii will get their ETF approved. Every poor, unbanked peasant in Asia and Africa will start doubling down on cheap coinz -- to help bring down the evil bankster empire. Then it's straight to Mars on a rocket, at the speed of light.

michaeladair

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 02:49:23 PM

Cheap coins! Weak hands! Bullish! To da Moon! This is gentlemen, and I'm hodling like crazy.

The dollar is collapsing any day now, and the Winklevii will get their ETF approved. Every poor, unbanked peasant in Asia and Africa will start doubling down on cheap coinz -- to help bring down the evil bankster empire. Then it's straight to Mars on a rocket, at the speed of light.

I love you.
Together we are strong.

Too bad this doesn't say HODL...

Cassandra_PR

Activity: 54

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 02:51:15 PM

Together we are strong.

http://s18.postimg.org/6oos973vd/small.jpg
NotLambchop

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 02:52:48 PM

Relax, it'll be fine.

michaeladair

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 02:54:46 PM

Too bad BTT is not a school so I can't shoot it up and kill you non believers.

RomertL

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 02:56:19 PM

Bitcoin will never die. You see, there's a lot libertarians and cryptoanarchists like myself that will NEVER give up on Bitcoin as long as it's functional. And we're a growing number of people. Even if all "normal" people were to be brainwashed enough to stay away from Bitcoin forever. If we're not already, we will be many enough to create our own little economy. Without theft and looting from any "government". A little bit like John Galt's society in Atlas Shrugged, only we won't have to physically hide, just use cryptography. As the bitcoin economy matures, us folks inside will have an unfair advantage towards the cattle still stuck in the Matrix. And yea, by that time price with be a LOT higher than 300 USD even without the help of the sheeple.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████▀
░░░░░░░▄████░░████████▀
░░▄█████████████████▀
░░░████████████████▀
░░░░██████████████▀
░░░░░██████░░█████▀
░░░░░░██████████▀
░░░░░░░████████▀
░░░░░░░░██████▀
░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░░░░░░░░█▀

▄████████████▀▀█▄
████▀▀▀▀▀░░░▄ ░██
██▄░░░░░░░▄▀░░███
████▄░░░▄▀░░░████
██████▄█░░░░█████
████████░▄░██████
▀███████████████▀
▄████▀▀▀█▀▀▀████▄
████░▄▀▀▀▀▀▄░████
██▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀██
█▀░░░█▀█░█▀█░░░▀█
█░░░░▀▀▀░▀▀▀░░░░█
█▄░░▀▄░░░░░▄▀░░██
▀██▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██▀

▄█▀███████▀▀████▄
██░░▀███▀░░░░▀▄██
███░░░░▀░░░░░░▄██
████░░░░░░░░░░░██
█████▄░░░░░░░░▄██
██▄░░░░░░░░░▄████
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████▀░▀▀▀▀░▀████
████░░░░░░░░░░███
████▄░░░░░░░░▄███
█▀████▄▄░░▄▄█████
██▄▀▀▀▀░░░░██████
▀██████▄▄▄▄█████▀

▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██░██
██░▄███████▄░█░██
██░█▄▄▄▄▄███░█░██
██░▀███████▀░████
███▄▄░░░▄▄▄▄█████
▀█████▄█████████▀

▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░▄▀█▀██▄░▀███
██░▄█▀░▀░▀▀██▄░██
██░███░▀▀▀ ▀██░██
██░███░████░██░██
██▄░█▄░▄░▄▄▄▀░▄██
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀

flounderella

Activity: 350

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 03:00:59 PM

Bitcoin will never die. You see, there's a lot libertarians and cryptoanarchists like myself that will NEVER give up on Bitcoin as long as it's functional. And we're a growing number of people. Even if all "normal" people were to be brainwashed enough to stay away from Bitcoin forever. If we're not already, we will be many enough to create our own little economy. Without theft and looting from any "government". A little bit like John Galt's society in Atlas Shrugged, only we won't have to physically hide, just use cryptography. As the bitcoin economy matures, us folks inside will have an unfair advantage towards the cattle still stuck in the Matrix. And yea, by that time price with be a LOT higher than 300 USD even without the help of the sheeple.

+1
Eddie Brock

Activity: 53

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 03:05:09 PM

John Galt wasn't an anarchist though, he thought that government is very important and good... the author of that book hated libertarians/anarchists, and called them "an aberration, the scum of the intellectuals"
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 03:05:56 PM

+2
NotLambchop

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 03:07:35 PM

Bitcoin will never die. You see, there's a lot libertarians and cryptoanarchists like myself that will NEVER give up on Bitcoin as long as it's functional. And we're a growing number of people. Even if all "normal" people were to be brainwashed enough to stay away from Bitcoin forever. If we're not already, we will be many enough to create our own little economy.

For hawt, ducklipped selfies of Bitcoin economy, see Havelockinvestments.com, Bitcoin's premiere securities exchange.  
Every "security" listed is showing loss, many more than 90%.  The ones not showing loss simply ran away with teh intrepid investors' coin and are no longer listed Sad

Without theft and looting from any "government". A little bit like John Galt's society in Atlas Shrugged, only we won't have to physically hide, just use cryptography. As the bitcoin economy matures, us folks inside will have an unfair advantage towards the cattle still stuck in the Matrix. And yea, by that time price with be a LOT higher than 300 USD even without the help of the sheeple.

Lol, you don't need gubermint stealing from you--you got your friends, the other Bitcoiners, doing it through private enterprise & @ a much greater scale.  Nefario, Pirateat40, TradeFortress, Ukyo, Cryptocyprus (NeoBee Danny), MagicalTux (Gox Mark).

exocytosis

Activity: 476

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 04:23:52 PM

As the bitcoin economy matures, us folks inside will have an unfair advantage towards the cattle still stuck in the Matrix.

How will you have an advantage? What's the advantage, exactly?

And yea, by that time price with be a LOT higher than 300 USD even without the help of the sheeple.

And how will you get the price to stay above 300 USD, when only you and a few other bulltard cultists are trading/hodling the beanie coins? Magic?

The law of supply and demand will soon punch you in the face, my friend.

rocks
Legendary

Activity: 1153

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 04:36:23 PM

+3
NotLambchop

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 04:37:10 PM

^Bagholder confirmed Cool
Feri22

Activity: 748

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 04:44:04 PM

+4
michaeladair

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 05:04:52 PM

+6

My vote counts as two...

Dilla

Activity: 588

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 05:12:12 PM

We are pretty much at the point where there's blood in the streets. We're hitting the double bottom at the upper 200's like I anticipated a month ago. You are narrow minded to think Bitcoin will go away so quickly with companies like Microsoft integrating it into payment options. Bitcoin has struck the interest of big players, and they are just waiting for the right time.
NotLambchop

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 05:21:11 PM

...Bitcoin has struck the interest of big players, and they are just waiting for the right time.

Sit down, Dilla, I can't put this off any longer.
There are no big players waiting in the wings; you weren't found in a cabbage patch; the Easter Bunny is just a creepy alcoholic in a fursuit.
There.  Now man up, dry those tears & go play.
GGGGG

Activity: 183

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 05:35:07 PM

...Bitcoin has struck the interest of big players, and they are just waiting for the right time.

There are no big players waiting in the wings; you weren't found in a cabbage patch; the Easter Bunny is just a creepy alcoholic in a fursuit.

Nice one  Smiley
Deadstock

Activity: 156

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 05:44:03 PM

Nice slap of reality right there  Cheesy
ensurance982

Activity: 518

Trust me!

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 05:50:26 PM

Yeah, no. Given your account has been registered quite some while ago I guess you are trying to manipulate people or just sold a large portion of your holdings and convince yourself that your decision was correct  Smiley Anyways, yeah, we will most likely go below $300 to some extent, but we will see this mark again.

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
RomertL

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 06:08:04 PM

John Galt wasn't an anarchist though, he thought that government is very important and good... the author of that book hated libertarians/anarchists, and called them "an aberration, the scum of the intellectuals"

Well, maybe she was more of an minarchist, but definitely part of the broader libertarian category. Not sure what she thought of us anarchists, but a lot of us like her, that's for sure.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████▀
░░░░░░░▄████░░████████▀
░░▄█████████████████▀
░░░████████████████▀
░░░░██████████████▀
░░░░░██████░░█████▀
░░░░░░██████████▀
░░░░░░░████████▀
░░░░░░░░██████▀
░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░░░░░░░░█▀

▄████████████▀▀█▄
████▀▀▀▀▀░░░▄ ░██
██▄░░░░░░░▄▀░░███
████▄░░░▄▀░░░████
██████▄█░░░░█████
████████░▄░██████
▀███████████████▀
▄████▀▀▀█▀▀▀████▄
████░▄▀▀▀▀▀▄░████
██▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀██
█▀░░░█▀█░█▀█░░░▀█
█░░░░▀▀▀░▀▀▀░░░░█
█▄░░▀▄░░░░░▄▀░░██
▀██▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██▀

▄█▀███████▀▀████▄
██░░▀███▀░░░░▀▄██
███░░░░▀░░░░░░▄██
████░░░░░░░░░░░██
█████▄░░░░░░░░▄██
██▄░░░░░░░░░▄████
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████▀░▀▀▀▀░▀████
████░░░░░░░░░░███
████▄░░░░░░░░▄███
█▀████▄▄░░▄▄█████
██▄▀▀▀▀░░░░██████
▀██████▄▄▄▄█████▀

▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██░██
██░▄███████▄░█░██
██░█▄▄▄▄▄███░█░██
██░▀███████▀░████
███▄▄░░░▄▄▄▄█████
▀█████▄█████████▀

▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░▄▀█▀██▄░▀███
██░▄█▀░▀░▀▀██▄░██
██░███░▀▀▀ ▀██░██
██░███░████░██░██
██▄░█▄░▄░▄▄▄▀░▄██
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀

fullhouse

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 06:11:00 PM

It's over my friends.
A slowly death.
price rise or fall are very normal guy , tomorrow maybe goes up 300$
again , so do not sad

NotLambchop

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 06:22:42 PM

Well, maybe she was more of an minarchist, but definitely part of the broader libertarian category. Not sure what she thought of us anarchists, but a lot of us like her, that's for sure.

"For the record, I shall repeat what I have said many times before: I do not join or endorse any political group or movement. More specifically, I disapprove of, disagree with and have no connection with, the latest aberration of some conservatives, the so-called “hippies of the right,” who attempt to snare the younger or more careless ones of my readers by claiming simultaneously to be followers of my philosophy and advocates of anarchism. Anyone offering such a combination confesses his inability to understand either. Anarchism is the most irrational, anti-intellectual notion ever spun by the concrete-bound, context-dropping, whim-worshiping fringe of the collectivist movement, where it properly belongs."--Ayn Rand, “Brief Summary,” The Objectivist, Vol. 10, Sep. 1971

UR welcome Smiley

RomertL

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 06:30:51 PM

As the bitcoin economy matures, us folks inside will have an unfair advantage towards the cattle still stuck in the Matrix.

How will you have an advantage? What's the advantage, exactly?

And yea, by that time price with be a LOT higher than 300 USD even without the help of the sheeple.

And how will you get the price to stay above 300 USD, when only you and a few other bulltard cultists are trading/hodling the beanie coins? Magic?

The law of supply and demand will soon punch you in the face, my friend.

Well... I could probably write a whole book about the first question. Let's just mention a few. First of, we don't pay taxes. The value we create, we spend as we please. If some folks want to spend money together to finance some project, they do that. If others wants to spend their income individually, they do that. There's no regulations. Everybody can start any kind of business without any silly licence. We crowdsource, we crowdfund, we opensource, we issue bitcoinshares without fees and papers that are sold globally. We run our businesses without any borders, especially with digital services and products, we sell to, buy from, and compete with, companies in the whole world on the very same terms. Only competence is important in our world. Not whom you know, what fancy diploma you have, or what "country" you live in. We're sending millions of dollars instantly across borders without fees or bureaucracy. Do you want me to go on? Now, for your second question, I want you to take this whole economy, add a few years of development and innovation, including stuff nobody have thought about yet. Divide the value of all that potential with 21 000 000, the nr of all btc that will ever be created. You should now have a value that is a LOT higher than 300usd.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████▀
░░░░░░░▄████░░████████▀
░░▄█████████████████▀
░░░████████████████▀
░░░░██████████████▀
░░░░░██████░░█████▀
░░░░░░██████████▀
░░░░░░░████████▀
░░░░░░░░██████▀
░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░░░░░░░░█▀

▄████████████▀▀█▄
████▀▀▀▀▀░░░▄ ░██
██▄░░░░░░░▄▀░░███
████▄░░░▄▀░░░████
██████▄█░░░░█████
████████░▄░██████
▀███████████████▀
▄████▀▀▀█▀▀▀████▄
████░▄▀▀▀▀▀▄░████
██▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀██
█▀░░░█▀█░█▀█░░░▀█
█░░░░▀▀▀░▀▀▀░░░░█
█▄░░▀▄░░░░░▄▀░░██
▀██▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██▀

▄█▀███████▀▀████▄
██░░▀███▀░░░░▀▄██
███░░░░▀░░░░░░▄██
████░░░░░░░░░░░██
█████▄░░░░░░░░▄██
██▄░░░░░░░░░▄████
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████▀░▀▀▀▀░▀████
████░░░░░░░░░░███
████▄░░░░░░░░▄███
█▀████▄▄░░▄▄█████
██▄▀▀▀▀░░░░██████
▀██████▄▄▄▄█████▀

▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██░██
██░▄███████▄░█░██
██░█▄▄▄▄▄███░█░██
██░▀███████▀░████
███▄▄░░░▄▄▄▄█████
▀█████▄█████████▀

▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░▄▀█▀██▄░▀███
██░▄█▀░▀░▀▀██▄░██
██░███░▀▀▀ ▀██░██
██░███░████░██░██
██▄░█▄░▄░▄▄▄▀░▄██
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀

RomertL

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 06:42:54 PM

"For the record, I shall repeat what I have said many times before: I do not join or endorse any political group or movement. More specifically, I disapprove of, disagree with and have no connection with, the latest aberration of some conservatives, the so-called “hippies of the right,” who attempt to snare the younger or more careless ones of my readers by claiming simultaneously to be followers of my philosophy and advocates of anarchism. Anyone offering such a combination confesses his inability to understand either. Anarchism is the most irrational, anti-intellectual notion ever spun by the concrete-bound, context-dropping, whim-worshiping fringe of the collectivist movement, where it properly belongs."--Ayn Rand, “Brief Summary,” The Objectivist, Vol. 10, Sep. 1971

UR welcome Smiley

Ah, I understand. She's talking about so called left-wing anarchists aka anarcho-communists, anarcho-syndicalists, that's what she means with collectivist movement. And regarding those, I fully agree with her. When I say anarchist I mean anarcho-capitalist/volunteryist, which I regard as the only true form of anarchism. We anarcho-capitalists believes that everything we do in our life should be of our own choice as long as it doesn't conflict we every bodies right to own their own body and the value it creates. Which doesn't allow for governments since they're not financed by voluntary actions but rather rely on theft, and that tries to inflict laws on us that dictates how we live our lifes. And we're defenitly not a commectivist movement, we're an individualist movement. 

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████▀
░░░░░░░▄████░░████████▀
░░▄█████████████████▀
░░░████████████████▀
░░░░██████████████▀
░░░░░██████░░█████▀
░░░░░░██████████▀
░░░░░░░████████▀
░░░░░░░░██████▀
░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░░░░░░░░█▀

▄████████████▀▀█▄
████▀▀▀▀▀░░░▄ ░██
██▄░░░░░░░▄▀░░███
████▄░░░▄▀░░░████
██████▄█░░░░█████
████████░▄░██████
▀███████████████▀
▄████▀▀▀█▀▀▀████▄
████░▄▀▀▀▀▀▄░████
██▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀██
█▀░░░█▀█░█▀█░░░▀█
█░░░░▀▀▀░▀▀▀░░░░█
█▄░░▀▄░░░░░▄▀░░██
▀██▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██▀

▄█▀███████▀▀████▄
██░░▀███▀░░░░▀▄██
███░░░░▀░░░░░░▄██
████░░░░░░░░░░░██
█████▄░░░░░░░░▄██
██▄░░░░░░░░░▄████
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████▀░▀▀▀▀░▀████
████░░░░░░░░░░███
████▄░░░░░░░░▄███
█▀████▄▄░░▄▄█████
██▄▀▀▀▀░░░░██████
▀██████▄▄▄▄█████▀

▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██░██
██░▄███████▄░█░██
██░█▄▄▄▄▄███░█░██
██░▀███████▀░████
███▄▄░░░▄▄▄▄█████
▀█████▄█████████▀

▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░▄▀█▀██▄░▀███
██░▄█▀░▀░▀▀██▄░██
██░███░▀▀▀ ▀██░██
██░███░████░██░██
██▄░█▄░▄░▄▄▄▀░▄██
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀

NotLambchop

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 06:53:06 PM

^
Lol, I'm afraid your pinup girl just ain't into you, and certainly wouldn't be seen with you in public Sad

"Qestion:
What do you think of the libertarian movement?

Ayn Rand:
All kinds of people today call themselves “libertarians,” especially something calling itself the New Right, which consists of hippies who are anarchists instead of leftist collectivists; but anarchists are collectivists. Capitalism is the one system that requires absolute objective law, yet libertarians combine capitalism and anarchism. That’s worse than anything the New Left has proposed. It’s a mockery of philosophy and ideology. They sling slogans and try to ride on two bandwagons. They want to be hippies, but don’t want to preach collectivism because those jobs are already taken. But anarchism is a logical outgrowth of the anti-intellectual side of collectivism. I could deal with a Marxist with a greater chance of reaching some kind of understanding, and with much greater respect. Anarchists are the scum of the intellectual world of the Left, which has given them up. So the Right picks up another leftist discard. That’s the libertarian movement.
"--Ayn Rand Answers: The Best of Her Q&A, ed. Robert Mayhew

Hyena
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2015, 09:01:47 PM

I just sold 10 more bitcoins and bought nubits. The good thing about buying nubits instead of USD is that if you're also a Nu shareholder you will actually support Nu while hedging against bitcoin's mid-term fall. Those who don't know, 1 NBT = 1 USD.

Kipsy89

Activity: 280

Relax!

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 09:21:01 PM

We will see $300 again, if not today, we will see it maybe tomorrow or in a couple weeks time. Waiting for a solid trend-reversal and keeping my faith in Bitcoin until then. Sometimes you have to prove you've got nerves like steel, otherwise you won't prevail in the Bitcoin-world!

minerpumpkin

Activity: 686

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 09:32:18 PM

May take some time, especially a strong rebound, but we will surely see $300 again! Rather sooner than later if you ask me. I do understand that you like to buy some more cheap coins, but the price is already low enough, you don't need to push it even further spreading some FUD Smiley

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 09:34:33 PM

any idea if there is a reason behind this chaos ?
st4nl3y
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 09:41:16 PM

FUD?

I wouldn't be surprised if it goes below $280 today
Hyena
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2015, 09:42:23 PM

Maybe we get to see another bear whale battle? Cheesy

st4nl3y
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 09:58:59 PM

Might be the case.

I reckon we'll see $280's for a while and then back above $300 in February. Too many people need cash now. New year means new expenses.

panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 10:34:52 PM

Might be the case.

I reckon we'll see $280's for a while and then back above $300 in February. Too many people need cash now. New year means new expenses.

I hope they sell their house instead of their bitcoins.  Undecided
LOBSTER

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 10:36:58 PM

Please not...just want a intensive bull run Wink
Addition

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 11:06:15 PM

Mad dump going off today for sure - Does anyone know what's behind this?

Some folks saying; Paycoin???  WTF IS Paycoin Cheesy

Or is this just simply another massive volume related dump, then expected bounce back(short-term)?

tss

Activity: 742

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 11:17:04 PM

price only matters to speculators.  if 1 BTC = 1 BTC im still ok with whatever the exchange is in your country
arieq

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 11:44:12 PM

I hope this dump is from early adopters. Transfer of wealth is always needed

a $30 drop in one day, I think its safe to say that a rebound is likely.

Addition

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 11:57:46 PM

I hope this dump is from early adopters. Transfer of wealth is always needed

a $30 drop in one day, I think its safe to say that a rebound is likely.

Think most people are thinking the same mate (that's what worries me).

I'm too expecting a rebound at some point tomorrow. Business continues for me whatever the price, have a nice collection of BTC now, shame it's fiat value isn't as nice as I had hoped for but still, can't complain.

Who else thinks a rebound is a sure thing over next 36Hrs?
NotLambchop

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 12:00:35 AM

Folks stuck with bags of BTC?
DustyRah

Activity: 530

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 12:10:30 AM

Not much going to happen till the block rewards halves in 2016.
celebreze32

Activity: 296

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 12:10:36 AM

Or is this just simply another massive volume related dump, then expected bounce back(short-term)?

Paycoin recently mooned to the top of coinmarketcap after an IPO that apparently made millions. Right now it's just below litecoin in terms of market cap, but it's dropped like a stone from it's top price. Nobody seems to know exactly how much the devs mad or if they're dumping.

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/paycoin2/
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 12:14:29 AM

The rebound will come when enough buyers are born to offset the massive network of merchant sellers.

Or when this entire community signs up for: https://www.bitwage.co/
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 12:31:47 AM

... you were saying ?

Sad
cshelswell

Activity: 615

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 12:37:22 AM

Sold at $1000 which is making me feel pretty happy now Smiley

minerpumpkin

Activity: 686

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 12:51:23 AM

Good decision! But now could be a good point do buy back, at least some of the coins. Hell, if you bought back your initial stash, you'd still have most of your FIAT right now Cheesy That's what I call a good deal!

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
Lay-z

Activity: 259

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 12:58:15 AM

Chief Mughawa is selling

I was going to do something today but I haven't finished doing nothing from yesterday...
st4nl3y
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:33:20 AM

... you were saying ?

Sad

Only two hours late Wink
cshelswell

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 01:42:22 AM

Good decision! But now could be a good point do buy back, at least some of the coins. Hell, if you bought back your initial stash, you'd still have most of your FIAT right now Cheesy That's what I call a good deal!

Haha yep you're right. I've still kept some aside though so I'll see where it goes. Always a good idea to keep some of your stash. I learnt that the hard way!

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 02:14:02 AM

I would not be happy selling bitcoin at any price.

It's probably one of the most valuable commodities mankind has ever created.
vicemayor

Activity: 194

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 02:15:04 AM

I'll start buying some...

... at $230.

Cheesy

It looks like $230 may arrive sooner than I expected. And, I may need to revise my predictions to sub-$100...
cshelswell

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 02:31:41 AM

If you just hoard though they've not really got any value at all. What would you do with them other than buy and sell?

twiifm

Activity: 784

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 02:34:02 AM

If you just hoard though they've not really got any value at all. What would you do with them other than buy and sell?

Let the boy lose his pants.  Then maybe he'll learn a thing or two
twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 03:17:01 AM

Well this be a good time for those who wanted to buy low. Get in while you can.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 03:51:17 AM

Markets work when people place their own subjective value on something.

I own 44 BTC.

I used to own quite a few more which I traded against fiat, alts scams and other bullshit. I'm now done with that as I lost quite a bit.

I don't want to loose any more.

I won't be trading the rest of my BTC for anything - even if it goes to zero. I certainly won't be trading it for the US dollar because I value BTC over the US dollar.
RomertL

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 04:27:08 AM

^
Lol, I'm afraid your pinup girl just ain't into you, and certainly wouldn't be seen with you in public Sad

"Qestion:

Ayn Rand:
All kinds of people today call themselves “libertarians,” especially something calling itself the New Right, which consists of hippies who are anarchists instead of leftist collectivists; but anarchists are collectivists. Capitalism is the one system that requires absolute objective law, yet libertarians combine capitalism and anarchism. That’s worse than anything the New Left has proposed. It’s a mockery of philosophy and ideology. They sling slogans and try to ride on two bandwagons. They want to be hippies, but don’t want to preach collectivism because those jobs are already taken. But anarchism is a logical outgrowth of the anti-intellectual side of collectivism. I could deal with a Marxist with a greater chance of reaching some kind of understanding, and with much greater respect. Anarchists are the scum of the intellectual world of the Left, which has given them up. So the Right picks up another leftist discard. That’s the libertarian movement.

To be honest, I'm quite new to Ayn Rand, I'm just now finishing Atlas Shrugged and haven't red anything else yet. But I find myself agreeing to nearly 100% of the message in that book, and lot's of my favorite anarcho-capitalists like Jeff Berwick and Stefan Molyneux like her a lot. I've also heard though, that anarcho-capitalism and objectivism isn't compatible although I haven't explored why yet. What's your take on that, what's the fundamental difference? "Capitalism is the one system that requires absolute objective law, yet libertarians combine capitalism and anarchism." Well, who says there can't be laws in an anarchistic system? Anarchism means "no rulers" which is not the same as no laws. Laws can be privatized, there's whole books written about that. More interestingly, contracts made in the blockchain can be created so they can't be broken. They can be made so if a certain criteria is fullfilled, btc automatically moves from one wallet to another, making law redundant in many cases! The law is in the code and enforces itself! When Ayn Rand was still around, there was no way anybody could have predicted such a revolutionary technology. Maybe she would change her stance if she were alive today.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████▀
░░░░░░░▄████░░████████▀
░░▄█████████████████▀
░░░████████████████▀
░░░░██████████████▀
░░░░░██████░░█████▀
░░░░░░██████████▀
░░░░░░░████████▀
░░░░░░░░██████▀
░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░░░░░░░░█▀

▄████████████▀▀█▄
████▀▀▀▀▀░░░▄ ░██
██▄░░░░░░░▄▀░░███
████▄░░░▄▀░░░████
██████▄█░░░░█████
████████░▄░██████
▀███████████████▀
▄████▀▀▀█▀▀▀████▄
████░▄▀▀▀▀▀▄░████
██▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀██
█▀░░░█▀█░█▀█░░░▀█
█░░░░▀▀▀░▀▀▀░░░░█
█▄░░▀▄░░░░░▄▀░░██
▀██▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██▀

▄█▀███████▀▀████▄
██░░▀███▀░░░░▀▄██
███░░░░▀░░░░░░▄██
████░░░░░░░░░░░██
█████▄░░░░░░░░▄██
██▄░░░░░░░░░▄████
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████▀░▀▀▀▀░▀████
████░░░░░░░░░░███
████▄░░░░░░░░▄███
█▀████▄▄░░▄▄█████
██▄▀▀▀▀░░░░██████
▀██████▄▄▄▄█████▀

▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██░██
██░▄███████▄░█░██
██░█▄▄▄▄▄███░█░██
██░▀███████▀░████
███▄▄░░░▄▄▄▄█████
▀█████▄█████████▀

▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░▄▀█▀██▄░▀███
██░▄█▀░▀░▀▀██▄░██
██░███░▀▀▀ ▀██░██
██░███░████░██░██
██▄░█▄░▄░▄▄▄▀░▄██
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀

twiifm

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 05:15:00 AM

^

"Qestion:

Ayn Rand:

To be honest, I'm quite new to Ayn Rand, I'm just now finishing Atlas Shrugged and haven't red anything else yet. But I find myself agreeing to nearly 100% of the message in that book, and lot's of my favorite anarcho-capitalists like Jeff Berwick and Stefan Molyneux like her a lot. I've also heard though, that anarcho-capitalism and objectivism isn't compatible although I haven't explored why yet. What's your take on that, what's the fundamental difference? "Capitalism is the one system that requires absolute objective law, yet libertarians combine capitalism and anarchism." Well, who says there can't be laws in an anarchistic system? Anarchism means "no rulers" which is not the same as no laws. Laws can be privatized, there's whole books written about that. More interestingly, contracts made in the blockchain can be created so they can't be broken. They can be made so if a certain criteria is fullfilled, btc automatically moves from one wallet to another, making law redundant in many cases! The law is in the code and enforces itself! When Ayn Rand was still around, there was no way anybody could have predicted such a revolutionary technology. Maybe she would change her stance if she were alive today.

Are you reading what you are writing?  Laws are enforced by the state.  You can have contracts but it's useless unless it can be enforced.  Private judicial system?  Yeah right.  Good luck trying to sue a mega corporation who fucked you over
romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 05:28:47 AM

it cannot drop too much that makes mining unprofitable resulting in harder time to solve blocks, and the whole thing collapses.
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 05:41:45 AM

That was advise we received when the price neared $400.
AceWallen

Activity: 479

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 06:07:43 AM

That was advise we received when the price neared $400.

indeed -- there is no reason to jump in without waiting for a clear reversal. the trend is clearly down on higher time frames. hopefully we will either see a deep spike down to exhaust sellers, or we'll see a more obvious dying out of momentum. but for now (even if we have a token bounce from $270-280)... down.
Hyena
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 07:22:07 AM

Made my day Cheesy

Addition

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 02:12:37 PM

Paycoin recently mooned to the top of coinmarketcap after an IPO that apparently made millions. Right now it's just below litecoin in terms of market cap, but it's dropped like a stone from it's top price. Nobody seems to know exactly how much the devs mad or if they're dumping.

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/paycoin2/

Cheers mate, I heard there's a lot of angry Paycoin investors because the team behind it didn't actually have credible infrastructure in place:

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/josh-garza-address-growing-paycoin-paybase-scam-concerns-tnabc-miami/
Addition

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 02:18:47 PM

it cannot drop too much that makes mining unprofitable resulting in harder time to solve blocks, and the whole thing collapses.

6000+BTC net dump on just Bitstamp, we're at $260 now!!!! (past Hr)

Hope you're wrong about it collapsing, surely some miners are cool with hashing for a lose - they are like us expecting rebound?

I'm pretty convinced there will be a significant rebound coming to make the fiat exchangers a quick buck!

Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 03:54:57 PM

we will be going down for sure but i am certain we will see 300 and above this year
1 btc bet that we see 300$ again for a bitcoin at some point this year? you say no

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
premium_domainer
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1012

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 03:57:33 PM

300 will be back within 72 hours from now.

| 500+ Premium Crypto domains for sale | CryptoMagazine.org | Advertise in my Signature for free by PM'ing me | BitcoinsChannel.com | CryptoUniversity.org  | Are you able to see this?
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 04:23:46 PM

101 long term investment textbook situation: resist the big crash or die a poor peasant.
I hope it goes to 1$ so I can have a chance to be a top Bitcoin holder if such once in a lifetime redistribution of wealth opportunity happens. People will drop millions if it goes really low so everytime it gets lower and you don't buy you are gambling with missing the big fat train.
applesRyummy

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 06:47:09 PM

Hope you're wrong about it collapsing, surely some miners are cool with hashing for a lose - they are like us expecting rebound?

I'm pretty convinced there will be a significant rebound coming to make the fiat exchangers a quick buck!

The volume on bitfinex is even larger. It has seen 10k+ BTC volume per hour over several hours including one 30 minute period that saw a 11k+ BTC volume. It looks like that some people are being forced to sell their margin positions
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 06:58:49 PM

The volume on bitfinex is even larger. It has seen 10k+ BTC volume per hour over several hours including one 30 minute period that saw a 11k+ BTC volume. It looks like that some people are being forced to sell their margin positions

am i the only one here actually happy about that :] ?
i cant wait to rebuy, but not just yet, i think were about to test 250$ soon
NotLambchop

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 06:59:20 PM

101 long term investment textbook situation: resist the big crash or die a poor peasant. getting married to your mistakes.

There.
HeliKopterBen

Activity: 622

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 07:09:45 PM

You can thank the paycoin groupies that are pushing this 1000s BTC scam that I bet is being dumped into Fiat as we speak.

It's ironic how the guy that represents PayCoin is named Josh, just as it was the case with Butterfly Labs. And guess what, both broke their promises. When I suddenly recognized the weird similarity between GAW and BFL I insta-dumped my speculative paycoins I can afford to lose.

Seeing BTC falling under 300 I insta-dumped a good portion of my hot wallet. However, I'm not holding any fiat, I bought nubits instead. NuBits is an excellent hedge against the collective downtrend of all other cryptos. Thank god I invested heavily into NuShares when they first came out, it has covered all my losses I'm having in BTC, PPC and now XPY. NuBits is like a dream come true.

Nubits is too centralized and relies on third party custodians to manage the supply, not to mention centralized exchange risk.  Bitusd from bitshares is the only legit decentralized solution with on-chain collateral. 

Counterfeit:  made in imitation of something else with intent to deceive:  merriam-webster
applesRyummy

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 12:18:06 AM

am i the only one here actually happy about that :] ?
i cant wait to rebuy, but not just yet, i think were about to test 250$ soon
The decision to short bitcoin just under the 300 level was obvious. It was not clear that we would actually break through 300, but if we did then it would be almost certain that it would go significantly farther down. I would expect to see a few more days of heavy downward pressure on the price until it starts to rebound.

I am still pondering when I should hope to cover my short position and buy bitcoin to withdraw to my own wallet
g35fan

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 12:39:50 AM

...and it will rebound - just like back in the beginning of October and the drop to 275. A few days later back to $340 range then over $400 2 weeks after that.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 12:44:14 AM

oh really? Never to see 300 again?

Quoted for posterity.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

RomertL

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 04:36:48 AM

^

"Qestion:

Ayn Rand:

Are you reading what you are writing?  Laws are enforced by the state.  You can have contracts but it's useless unless it can be enforced.  Private judicial system?  Yeah right.  Good luck trying to sue a mega corporation who fucked you over

You don't get it, do you? This is why btc is so cheap, not even people on forums like this understand the true potential. OK, I'll give you an example: person A wants to sell his house to B. They agree upon a price and a smart contract is formed. B transfers the price in btc to a certain wallet where it will be locked in until one of two things can happen: 1: A transfer the ownership of his house to B in the Blockchain which AUTOMATICALLY activates a transfer of the btc from the wallet to A:s personal wallet. OR A fail to transfer the ownership in one week which makes the btc bounce back to B: personal wallet.

Another example: Hey company A, I can implement a system that will increase sales with 10% for February. It costs x btc. A smart contract is formed that monitors all the wallets that A uses for sales. If its up more than 10% from previous year, btc is automatically transfered to B for their service. This is technology that already exists, and those contracts can be immensely more conplex. Do you see now how in a btc world, it's not optional to follow contract, the contracts enforces themselves! Would Ayn Rand have had a different attitude towards anarcho-capitalism with access to a tech like that? We will never know.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████▀
░░░░░░░▄████░░████████▀
░░▄█████████████████▀
░░░████████████████▀
░░░░██████████████▀
░░░░░██████░░█████▀
░░░░░░██████████▀
░░░░░░░████████▀
░░░░░░░░██████▀
░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░░░░░░░░█▀

▄████████████▀▀█▄
████▀▀▀▀▀░░░▄ ░██
██▄░░░░░░░▄▀░░███
████▄░░░▄▀░░░████
██████▄█░░░░█████
████████░▄░██████
▀███████████████▀
▄████▀▀▀█▀▀▀████▄
████░▄▀▀▀▀▀▄░████
██▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀██
█▀░░░█▀█░█▀█░░░▀█
█░░░░▀▀▀░▀▀▀░░░░█
█▄░░▀▄░░░░░▄▀░░██
▀██▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██▀

▄█▀███████▀▀████▄
██░░▀███▀░░░░▀▄██
███░░░░▀░░░░░░▄██
████░░░░░░░░░░░██
█████▄░░░░░░░░▄██
██▄░░░░░░░░░▄████
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████▀░▀▀▀▀░▀████
████░░░░░░░░░░███
████▄░░░░░░░░▄███
█▀████▄▄░░▄▄█████
██▄▀▀▀▀░░░░██████
▀██████▄▄▄▄█████▀

▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██░██
██░▄███████▄░█░██
██░█▄▄▄▄▄███░█░██
██░▀███████▀░████
███▄▄░░░▄▄▄▄█████
▀█████▄█████████▀

▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░▄▀█▀██▄░▀███
██░▄█▀░▀░▀▀██▄░██
██░███░▀▀▀ ▀██░██
██░███░████░██░██
██▄░█▄░▄░▄▄▄▀░▄██
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀

Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 04:47:23 AM

People are overreacting to the drop below $300 in the last 24 hours. There's been about ±$50 noise in the price of Bitcoin for months.

However, they've been under-reacting to the year-long slide from $1100 to $300. There's been a huge amount of denial about that.
twiifm

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 04:56:40 AM

^

"Qestion:

Ayn Rand:

Are you reading what you are writing?  Laws are enforced by the state.  You can have contracts but it's useless unless it can be enforced.  Private judicial system?  Yeah right.  Good luck trying to sue a mega corporation who fucked you over

You don't get it, do you? This is why btc is so cheap, not even people on forums like this understand the true potential. OK, I'll give you an example: person A wants to sell his house to B. They agree upon a price and a smart contract is formed. B transfers the price in btc to a certain wallet where it will be locked in until one of two things can happen: 1: A transfer the ownership of his house to B in the Blockchain which AUTOMATICALLY activates a transfer of the btc from the wallet to A:s personal wallet. OR A fail to transfer the ownership in one week which makes the btc bounce back to B: personal wallet.

Another example: Hey company A, I can implement a system that will increase sales with 10% for February. It costs x btc. A smart contract is formed that monitors all the wallets that A uses for sales. If its up more than 10% from previous year, btc is automatically transfered to B for their service. This is technology that already exists, and those contracts can be immensely more conplex. Do you see now how in a btc world, it's not optional to follow contract, the contracts enforces themselves! Would Ayn Rand have had a different attitude towards anarcho-capitalism with access to a tech like that? We will never know.

I take it you've never had a mortgage or signed any contracts in your life
mmortal03
Legendary

Activity: 1762
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 02:12:00 AM

It went above 300 again today, so the OP was wrong.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 02:18:22 AM

oh really? Never to see 300 again?

Quoted for posterity.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

A whole 5 days = forever lol

OP was so wrong hahaha

"My experience from long time successful trading..."

Yes we see your "skillz" there lol

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

karolina

Activity: 131

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 02:25:04 AM

Wow, OP was so wrong lol. Clown....
traderwin

Activity: 35

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 02:25:53 AM

300 will be back within 72 hours from now.

Great prediction.
seoincorporation
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 2908

Top Crypto Casino

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 02:33:58 AM

Powerfull $300!!

But i want it back to $600, that was a good price for me... Hold is the option now, only time will fix it.

█████████████████████████
████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████
█████████████████████████
BC.GAME
▄▄░░░▄▀▀▄████████
▄▄▄
██████████████
█████░░▄▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄██████▄▄▄▄████
▄███▄█▄▄██████████▄████▄████
███████████████████████████▀███
▀████▄██▄██▄░░░░▄████████████
▀▀▀█████▄▄▄███████████▀██
███████████████████▀██
███████████████████▄██
▄███████████████████▄██
█████████████████████▀██
██████████████████████▄
..CASINO....SPORTS....RACING..
█░░░░░░█░░░░░░█
▀███▀░░▀███▀░░▀███▀
▀░▀░░░░▀░▀░░░░▀░▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░█░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
░█░██░░███░░░█░██
░█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀

▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀███▄
██████████
▀███▄░▄██▀
▄▄████▄▄░▀█▀▄██▀▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀▀████▄▄██▀▄███▀▀███▄
███████▄▄▀▀████▄▄▀▀███████
▀███▄▄███▀░░░▀▀████▄▄▄███▀
▀▀████▀▀████████▀▀████▀▀
chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 03:33:08 AM

OP, how does it feel to be proven wrong within 4 days? you fuckin' chimp.
I just wish I had picked up more in the $260s.
Blazin604

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 03:36:27 AM

Where are we headed from here?

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 03:42:25 AM

Forward  Cheesy

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

nauane

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 03:43:57 AM

Powerfull $300!!

But i want it back to $600, that was a good price for me... Hold is the option now, only time will fix it.
We will get there. We will be patient... $600 or more
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 04:51:15 AM

Probably sideways until it becomes clear if Bitstamp is going bust.
sonofacoin

Activity: 79

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 05:28:06 AM

Have a look at the price TA I have been doing. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=869082.0

We are in a very strong falling wedge with no real attempt to break up. There will be bumps along the road where traders can make some money. But like someone mentioned here, big money has shifted from bullish to bearish making money on Shorts or Puts.

Eventually, we will see these same players going into Calls and creating long bullish positions. And with the coins being harder to mine, you will see a bigger rally. And rinse and repeat.

Someone else mentioned that Microsoft and other big companies are accepting Bitcoin and that for that reason it will never die. I think they are just targeting a audience, and it doesn't mean they believe in the coin.

The true value of the coin is not it's price. Have and hold one or two or five coins now. And thank the Blockchain later in 5-10 years. Yes, Five to Ten years.
sobitcoin

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 05:41:33 AM

Have a look at the price TA I have been doing. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=869082.0

We are in a very strong falling wedge with no real attempt to break up. There will be bumps along the road where traders can make some money. But like someone mentioned here, big money has shifted from bullish to bearish making money on Shorts or Puts.

Eventually, we will see these same players going into Calls and creating long bullish positions. And with the coins being harder to mine, you will see a bigger rally. And rinse and repeat.

Someone else mentioned that Microsoft and other big companies are accepting Bitcoin and that for that reason it will never die. I think they are just targeting a audience, and it doesn't mean they believe in the coin.

The true value of the coin is not it's price. Have and hold one or two or five coins now. And thank the Blockchain later in 5-10 years. Yes, Five to Ten years.

Marketing =)  As a tech company, or really any business with anything to do with computer hardware/software/or services, you would almost be crazy not to.  Accounting is manageable, risk is almost nothing for a merchant, set up in minutes, less fees, attract the already accepting bitcoin community, separate yourself from competitors that are old and boring, give yourself an innovative image, potentially learn some loyalty points, and referrals from educating customers who spread the word... All for, really no (or very little) investment... Volatility worries gone... just pure opportunity.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 03:12:30 PM

Exchanges shutting down.

Everyone that accetps BTC instantly sells.

Many places that accepted BTC stopped.

This is not bullish in the slightest.
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 03:16:17 PM

I say down while people have no reason to believe that Stamp will goes back
fishy91

Activity: 63

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 05:19:54 PM

I say up and down between 270 and 320 until the bitstamp thing's over.
mlferro

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 07:36:04 PM

I say up and down between 270 and 320 until the bitstamp thing's over.
yes I agree, the numbers in the exchanges are within this range

H1N1

Activity: 812

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 03:00:50 PM

Year and a half later...zzz

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: