Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:25:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: BS&T -- Are you staying or leaving?
I'm using a passthrough(s) and will continue to do so
I will make or already have an account which I will keep
I will have a Trust account
I am currently using a passthrough and will be withdrawing all funds from it
I currently have an account and will be withdrawing all funds from it
I am currently using a passthrough and will be withdrawing some funds from it
I currently have an account and will be withdrawing some funds from it
What kind of idiot would trust their money with that guy?
Idk show me what others said.

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BS&T -- Are you staying or leaving?  (Read 24737 times)
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 02:35:04 PM

Hey, Goat. Stop being an asshole, OK?

Point to me which of my posts was an off-topic troll on Pirate's thread, please.

In fact I have the opposite opinion of Maged and BadBear, but I will not let any of you attack them for stating their own opinions, or else I'm opening the door for people to attack me and/or try and silence me just because there is a title of Staff under my username.

What you said just proves that you didn't even read any of my posts on Pirate's thread, and just assume I'm anti-Pirate because there is Staff written under my name.
Way to be blind, asshole.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
finkleshnorts

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 02:40:28 PM

Point to me which of my posts was an off-topic troll on Pirate's thread, please.

In fact I have the opposite opinion of Maged and BadBear, but I will not let any of you attack them for stating their own opinions, or else I'm opening the door for people to attack me and/or try and silence me just because there is a title of Staff under my username.

What you said just proves that you didn't even read any of my posts on Pirate's thread, and just assume I'm anti-Pirate because there is Staff written under my name.

+1
Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 02:42:31 PM

lol, zebra has ears... a monkey has ears... must be the same. logic at its best. way to go!

Exactly! If it walks like a ponzi, looks like a ponzi, quacks like a ponzi it very likely is a ponzi.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biological_taxonomy Here you go. Count enough "shared physical characteristics" and you have identification of species with a very high probability.

Your argument is proven to be a logical fallacy. Try again.

-
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 02:56:31 PM

Exactly! If it walks like a ponzi, looks like a ponzi, quacks like a ponzi it very likely is a ponzi.

As i said in the other thread, Occam's Razor has another side. Given Pirates close proximity to the Mexican border, and considering that area is a major drug trafficking corridor, I suspect this isn't a Ponzi at all. Most likely it's simply conversion of drug money, plain and simple. That would easily explain the outrageous returns at least.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
Vladimir

-

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 03:02:44 PM

As i said in the other thread, Occam's Razor has another side. Given Pirates close proximity to the Mexican border, and considering that area is a major drug trafficking corridor, I suspect this isn't a Ponzi at all. Most likely it's simply conversion if drug money, plain and simple. That would easily explain the outrageous returns at least.

Interesting possibility. So you are saying that they are possibly doing "conversion of drug money" AKA money laundering of USD via BTC and somehow this involves borrowing large amount of BTC and paying 6-10% per week on this. (BTW very interesting biz for it's promoters and "others" to be involved in with full self confessed knowledge of it)

Walk me through please, how it works? What is a plausible biz model here? Sorry for being so slow.

-
Vladimir

-

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 03:09:36 PM

You really think it could be something other than ponzi now? Oh lulz... At least you have the balls to admit you are slow...
Pirate is closer to oil money than drug money if you know where he lives/works...

ALL what you said above is obviously false. Try again.

-
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 03:26:47 PM

Asking me to not be an asshole? oh lol! I thought I was a fussy prick? What a clown you are.

Being anti-pirate does not equal troll. Being anti-pirate is a ninja. Sadly you are just a troll, not a ninja.

I said you were an off topic insulting troll and you should know better but I guess you do not as you are doing it again.

I have respect for Bad Bear and esp Maged. You on the other hand, lol....

I'm pretty sure you have more respect for me than the rest of the forum has respect for you.
Also, the one collecting money from others to invest in Pirate is you. All I have in there are my personal funds.

I'm still waiting for your lawsuit. I sent you my full name and address 6 months ago. Have go at it.
Put up or shut up.
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 03:45:44 PM

reeses have you read my post here?: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=50822.msg1008302#msg1008302

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
Vladimir

-

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 04:03:10 PM

BTW the poll results on the top of this thread are rather curious.

About 80% of respondents say "yay, we give him lots of money, gonna be rich soon"
About 20% of respondents say "are you damn brainless idiot?"

Now google "pareto principle", read, think.

-
Turbor
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

BitMinter

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2012, 05:13:49 PM

Keep talking !

imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2012, 05:28:30 PM

I've yet to figure out why Occam's razor says it must be a ponzi.

I'm guessing no one here has ever had a natural gas reserve or oil reserve found on their property. It has a stupid high amount of start up capital demands, pays stupidly well for a certain amount of time, then gradually fades out.  That doesn't make it a ponzi.

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
Vladimir

-

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 05:35:43 PM

I'm guessing no one here has ever had a natural gas reserve or oil reserve found on their property. It has a stupid high amount of start up capital demands, pays stupidly well for a certain amount of time, then gradually fades out.  That doesn't make it a ponzi.

Right and it is absolutely impossible to rise equity capital or bank loan with interest rates at about 3 orders of magnitude lower annual interest.

-
imsaguy
VIP

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2012, 05:39:08 PM

Right and it is absolutely impossible to rise equity capital or bank loan with interest rates at about 3 orders of magnitude lower annual interest.

Are you kidding?  Ask a bank for a loan, they'll ask what its for. You tell them and they'll say no.  Natural resource mining is actually a risky en devour and many banks won't touch it.  So then you're asking 3rd parties for VC and you better believe they'll want more than 3% a year.

EIEIO:

Vladimir

-

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 05:40:26 PM

I'm guessing no one here has ever had a natural gas reserve or oil reserve found on their property. It has a stupid high amount of start up capital demands, pays stupidly well for a certain amount of time, then gradually fades out.  That doesn't make it a ponzi.

Are you kidding?  Ask a bank for a loan, they'll ask what its for. You tell them and they'll say no.  Natural resource mining is actually a risky en devour and many banks won't touch it.  So then you're asking 3rd parties for VC and you better believe they'll want more than 3% a year.

ouch, you got me here. OK 2 orders of magnitude then.

-
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 05:41:16 PM

Occam's Razor is about avoiding excessively complicated explanations if a simple and fitting one is at hand.

The explanations offered by the pro-BS&T statements are a convoluted mess, make no sense, and are extremely diverse: nobody has the same opinion.

However, there is exactly one simple explanation that works and is well-documented: a HYIP Ponzi.

Occam's razor picks the Ponzi. Anyone can check that by making a simple map of arguments or a model of what BS&T supposedly does.
imsaguy
VIP

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2012, 05:42:44 PM

Occam's Razor is about avoiding excessively complicated explanations if a simple and fitting one is at hand.

The explanations offered by the pro-BS&T statements are a convoluted mess, make no sense, and are extremely diverse: nobody has the same opinion.

However, there is exactly one simple explanation that works and is well-documented: a HYIP Ponzi.

Occam's razor picks the Ponzi. Anyone can check that by making a simple map of arguments or a model of what BS&T supposedly does.

Really?  Money Laundering fits perfectly well too.   Those types, once they find a source, want to flow more and more money through it.  How's that for occam's razor?

EIEIO:

Vladimir

-

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 05:44:25 PM

Right lets short bitcoin to get more of it. It might be simpler than ponzi, but it also needs to be plausible.

-
humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 05:45:31 PM

Explain the minimum investment in a money laundering context.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
imsaguy
VIP

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2012, 05:45:41 PM

Right lets short bitcoin to get more of it. It might be simpler than ponzi, but it also needs to be plausible.

Have you seen how many times we were on an uptick in price and a wall showed up out of nowhere to kill it and bring us back down?

Its plausible.  Now who is being stubborn and refusing to accept the easiest solution?

EIEIO:

hgmichna

Activity: 695

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 05:47:52 PM

When the ponzi collapses, I won't feel bad for you at all. If you want to waste your money, fine, just don't invest more than you can lose and still be happy -- because you WILL lose.

Do you know something the rest of us do not know?

The exponential curve. Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: