Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:14:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: BS&T -- Are you staying or leaving?
I'm using a passthrough(s) and will continue to do so
I will make or already have an account which I will keep
I will have a Trust account
I am currently using a passthrough and will be withdrawing all funds from it
I currently have an account and will be withdrawing all funds from it
I am currently using a passthrough and will be withdrawing some funds from it
I currently have an account and will be withdrawing some funds from it
What kind of idiot would trust their money with that guy?
Idk show me what others said.

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BS&T -- Are you staying or leaving?  (Read 24737 times)
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 10:14:10 PM

Why can't it just mean "scam to buy and sell drugs/children/counterfeit Beats headphones?"

Ponzi is not the simplest illegal, immoral, or unethical conclusion.  It's just that you like Ponzi because you have to make your extortion cover story seem plausible to the audience to have a chance of squeezing your blackmail out of pirate.

Were I in your shoes, I'd just shoot for "illegal activity" and avoid the loopholes created by your illogical arguments.

Occam's Razor is to find the simplest solution that actually fits the case.

The other examples all do not fit the case at all. You don't need other peoples' money to sell anything. Even illegal activity knows exponential growth, Pirateat40 would not need an ever-increasing amount of funds if he can grow his own exponentially. Money laundering has been discussed in great detail, turns out the investors hardly ever help in movement of funds, so it's again pointless.

The difference in how well it matches is gigantic. The Ponzi matches perfectly, and the other explanations usually fail at the first comparison to what's actually happening.

I'm not saying Occam's Razor is always right. I'm not basing my accusation solely on this either. But Occam's Razor clearly yields that BS&T is a HYIP Ponzi. If it doesn't seem to, there has been some error in its application.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pirateat40
Avast Ye!

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

"Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late."

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2012, 10:31:31 PM

@Vandroiy

Let's say you have 135K USD right now.  I need you to buy Bitcoins without changing the Mt.Gox rate by 2%.  You have 3 days to do it, nah I'll give you 7 days.  GO!!!

Let me know how that works out for you.

Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 10:34:08 PM

@Vandroiy

Let's say you have 135K USD right now.  I need you to buy Bitcoins without changing the Mt.Gox rate by 2%.  You have 3 days to do it, nah I'll give you 7 days.  GO!!!

I'll take this one.

Call bit-pay, private deal done in 10 minutes.

Next question?

-
pirateat40
Avast Ye!

Activity: 378

"Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late."

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2012, 10:37:11 PM

@Vandroiy

Let's say you have 135K USD right now.  I need you to buy Bitcoins without changing the Mt.Gox rate by 2%.  You have 3 days to do it, nah I'll give you 7 days.  GO!!!

I'll take this one.

Next question?

Try it.  Call them up.  Ill buy them.

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 10:39:06 PM

@Vandroiy

Next question?

How much will bit-pay earn from that private deal?
Also, $135k? In their pocket, regularly? BFL isn't taking pre-orders all the time, remember?
The kind of volume they faced in those days was even press release worthy for them Roll Eyes
finkleshnorts

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 10:42:52 PM

None of this explains how bitcoins are repurchased to pay back lenders without driving up the price anyway.

This is huge.
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 10:43:11 PM

@Vandroiy

Ok I'll bite. What difference does it make if I buy bitcoins directly OTC or on various exchanges vs your selling me what you borrowed and then being forced to buy back what you sold me and then some to pay your "investors", please explain how the price isn't going to move almost exactly the same?

Also explain how come no one had any loses when you sold bitcoins before the recent exchange rate increase and had to buy them back and still meet your obligations. Did you foot the loses or did your "investors" and they are keeping quiet?

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
finkleshnorts

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 10:43:30 PM
Last edit: July 04, 2012, 10:54:54 PM by honest bob

Oh, shit. GPUMAX??
Vladimir

-

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 10:44:20 PM

Why would I want to call bitpay for ya? You can not be serious.

And chances are that right now you call in with 135k$ deal and they will sell you BTC (if they think you could be trusted counter party) at the spot price. Moving mtgox by exactly 0%.

As simple as that.

-
finkleshnorts

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 10:45:43 PM

Repay lenders with coins bought at a premium from miners, a smaller premium than the cash buyers pay.
bitcoinBull
Legendary

Activity: 826

rippleFanatic

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 10:46:18 PM

@Vandroiy

Let's say you have 135K USD right now.  I need you to buy Bitcoins without changing the Mt.Gox rate by 2%.  You have 3 days to do it, nah I'll give you 7 days.  GO!!!

$135k right now all at once moves the price to $6.75, which is only 3%. A far cry from a compounding 7% every 7 days. See you at defcon! lol  Roll Eyes

College of Bucking Bulls Knowledge
finkleshnorts

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 10:46:46 PM

Just brainstorming on my own over here.
Vladimir

-

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 10:51:55 PM

I've answered your question, Pirate.

Now you answer mine please.

Is there any hard evidence of any value producing economic activity of your operation except taking deposits, paying "dividends" and converting BTC into USD?

i.e. marketing, PR and damage control do not count.

I think it is a simple and fair question that any legitimate business, even anonymous one, should be able to answer quickly and easily.

-
finkleshnorts

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 10:54:16 PM

Just take this and run with it for a minute..,

Pirate borrows coins, sells to cash buyers, (somehow) puts cash into gpumax, repays lenders with fresh coins. Can anyone check the blockchain on that?
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2012, 10:56:27 PM

Pirate borrows coins, sells to cash buyers, (somehow) puts cash into gpumax, repays lenders with fresh coins. Can anyone check the blockchain on that?

Nope.  If you watch the payments to bitcoin miners from gpumax, those coins are dirtier than a $2 hooker.

Edit: Not dirty as in scam dirty, dirty as in used.

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
Vandroiy
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 10:56:52 PM

@Vandroiy

$135k right now all at once moves the price to $6.75, which is only 3%. A far cry from a compounding 7% every 7 days. See you at defcon! lol  Roll Eyes

LOL

That was priceless. Uhm, using average, yup. Pirateat, this is trivial.

Guys. This was a major screwup. A MAJOR SCREWEUP. He's fucked. Game over. There is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY PIRATEAT CAN EXPLAIN THIS FUCKUP!

Spread this post, we won!

A trader doing business at this profit would never ever make such a large mistake in guessing trade volumes. He's off by FAR. Actual volumes ALWAYS and MASSIVELY overdo the order book volume.
drakahn

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 11:02:07 PM

@Vandroiy

$135k right now all at once moves the price to $6.75, which is only 3%. A far cry from a compounding 7% every 7 days. See you at defcon! lol  Roll Eyes

LOL

That was priceless. Uhm, using average, yup. Pirateat, this is trivial.

Guys. This was a major screwup. A MAJOR SCREWEUP. He's fucked. Game over. There is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY PIRATEAT CAN EXPLAIN THIS FUCKUP!

Spread this post, we won!

A trader doing business at this profit would never ever make such a large mistake in guessing trade volumes. He's off by FAR. Actual volumes ALWAYS and MASSIVELY overdo the order book volume.

challenge : "try doing it without moving the price more than 2%"

"shows a way that moves the price more than 2%"

"VICTORY" ?

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
finkleshnorts

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 11:04:42 PM

This got buried... Thoughts?

This doesn't solve exp. growth, but it explains how the price wouldnt move and why gpumax exists in the first place.
Vandroiy
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 11:06:14 PM

Pirateat40 has made a post that implies he works on currency trading.

His post demonstrates he is completely clueless about currency trading.

One: You can do that easily in the active order book.
Two: Any trader doing BTCUSD knows the order book only shows a fraction of short-time volume.
Three: The 2% limit cannot yield 7% for his customers.

This is it. This is not just faint evidence. This is an absolutely enormous undeniable fuckup. Pirateat40 implies to be currency trading, but there is no way in hell a currency trader would make that post.

I'm doing a writeup. Game over, don't even try. Yes, I do currency trading, and you should see the other traders' faces when they read this.
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2012, 11:08:13 PM

Pirateat40 has made a post that implies he works on currency trading.

His post demonstrates he is completely clueless about currency trading.

One: You can do that easily in the active order book.
Two: Any trader doing BTCUSD knows the order book only shows a fraction of short-time volume.
three: The 2% limit cannot yield 7% for his customers.

This is it. This is not just faint evidence. This is an absolutely enormous undeniable fuckup. Pirateat40 implies to be currency trading, but there is no way in hell a currency trader would make that post.

I'm doing a writeup. Game over, don't even try. Yes, I do currency trading, and you should see the other traders' faces when they read this.

Quoted for goodness sake.

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: