Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:17:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: BS&T -- Are you staying or leaving?
I'm using a passthrough(s) and will continue to do so
I will make or already have an account which I will keep
I will have a Trust account
I am currently using a passthrough and will be withdrawing all funds from it
I currently have an account and will be withdrawing all funds from it
I am currently using a passthrough and will be withdrawing some funds from it
I currently have an account and will be withdrawing some funds from it
What kind of idiot would trust their money with that guy?
Idk show me what others said.

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BS&T -- Are you staying or leaving?  (Read 24737 times)
GeoRW

Activity: 350
Merit: 257

Trust No One

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 07:03:29 AM

Well, after some of the clues pirate posted, having big influence at Mt.Gox or some other large exchange, he might be doing Front running which is extremely profitable. The only risk is when the bitcoin price goes up steeply, he runs out of bitcoins and BTC price continues to climb, so he's unable to make profit in BTC and pay his lenders. Front running is common practice at bitcoin exchanges, with large order you will never get market price, they will take their share of profit Wink He may even operate on many different smaller exchanges and take advantage of the information he has to increase his profits and lower the risks. So, does this theory fit? Pirate, the big market manipulator. The more bitcoins we give him, the more power he has to screw the market participants. Cool
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 07:27:52 AM

Well, I'm staying.  Staying in a 5-star hotel with wife for drinks and a decent meal and breakfast on Saturday morning.  I know exactly who's paying - Thanks P@40!
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 08:44:33 AM

Well, after some of the clues pirate posted, having big influence at Mt.Gox or some other large exchange, he might be doing Front running which is extremely profitable.

Well, trace the coins from deposit addresses to MtGox and/or other exchanges then, if you can. Wink

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
hgmichna

Activity: 695

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 08:51:22 AM

Well, after some of the clues pirate posted, having big influence at Mt.Gox or some other large exchange, he might be doing Front running which is extremely profitable. ...

Front-running that continuously yields several percent per week? Front-running with the help of Mt.Gox? Come on ...

If anybody could do some front-running, then that would be Mt.Gox themselves. But even they would not make several percent per week while staying inconspicuous.
hgmichna

Activity: 695

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 08:57:41 AM

Well, I'm staying.  Staying in a 5-star hotel with wife for drinks and a decent meal and breakfast on Saturday morning.  I know exactly who's paying - Thanks P@40!

So you withdrew your capital gains? Lucky you—you are one of the few who got their money back.
bitclown

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 11:15:10 AM

Exactly.  All you whingers who don't want to invest.  Don't.

It's really as simple as that.

I for one don't have anything against greedy suckers losing their money per se. It's the constant stream of bad Bitcoin publicity caused by these careless idiots that I despise. Can't you just use one of those pointless altcoins for these schemes instead?
GeoRW

Trust No One

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 01:10:19 PM

Well, after some of the clues pirate posted, having big influence at Mt.Gox or some other large exchange, he might be doing Front running which is extremely profitable.

Well, trace the coins from deposit addresses to MtGox and/or other exchanges then, if you can. Wink

Someone already did  Wink
GeoRW

Trust No One

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 01:16:57 PM

Well, after some of the clues pirate posted, having big influence at Mt.Gox or some other large exchange, he might be doing Front running which is extremely profitable. ...

Front-running that continuously yields several percent per week? Front-running with the help of Mt.Gox? Come on ...

If anybody could do some front-running, then that would be Mt.Gox themselves. But even they would not make several percent per week while staying inconspicuous.

I can do several percent per week on trading at Mt. Gox + some other exchanges, though not very often and not on such scale as pirate does with his business (whatever it is). And yes I think he might have his stakes in Mt. Gox or in some other big exchange.
R-

Activity: 238

Pasta

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2012, 01:32:33 PM

I can do several percent per week on trading at Mt. Gox + some other exchanges, though not very often and not on such scale as pirate does with his business (whatever it is). And yes I think he might have his stakes in Mt. Gox or in some other big exchange.

It doesn't make sense. How was he able to manipulate the market rates at the beginning, before he found investors? He offered 7% right from the get-go. Gox volume per day is 45,680 bitcoins roughly. Pirate did not have anywhere close to that amount invested in his Pirate-Pussy-Fund.
copumpkin
Donator

Activity: 266
Merit: 252

I'm actually a pineapple

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 02:34:25 PM

It doesn't make sense. How was he able to manipulate the market rates at the beginning, before he found investors? He offered 7% right from the get-go. Gox volume per day is 45,680 bitcoins roughly. Pirate did not have anywhere close to that amount invested in his Pirate-Pussy-Fund.

Approaches to business can change over time Smiley
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 02:41:54 PM

That's the best you can think off as a response to this huge huge discrepancy in pirate's story?  Roll Eyes

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
pirateat40
Avast Ye!

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

"Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late."

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2012, 02:50:33 PM

Like this

ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 03:14:04 PM

Like this

O.o

(BFL)^2 < 0
hazek
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 03:17:19 PM

Like this

You started out with 36k BTC? I don't think you understood R-'s point. Also, how come you weren't hit with huge problem with the Bitcoinca fiasco which should have froze your money in their wallet?

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

copumpkin
Donator

Activity: 266
Merit: 252

I'm actually a pineapple

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 03:18:41 PM

That's the best you can think off as a response to this huge huge discrepancy in pirate's story?  Roll Eyes

Huge discrepancy meaning that he changed how he does what he does over time? Yeah, that's a huge red flag. Nokia is a massive Ponzi scheme.
R-

Activity: 238

Pasta

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2012, 03:27:35 PM

Like this
Like what? You show us the current account of coins you have. What about before you accumulated 30,000? Answer the original question please.

Thank you
Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1616
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 03:32:42 PM

Like this
Like what? You show us the current account of coins you have. What about before you accumulated 30,000? Answer the original question please.

Thank you
I thought that he did answer your question - he used leverage in the early days.
hazek
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 03:41:55 PM

Like this

Thank you
I thought that he did answer your question - he used leverage in the early days.

Leveraging what? He didn't have anything in the beginning, why else would he need "investors"?

Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 03:55:56 PM
Last edit: July 05, 2012, 04:26:41 PM by Tomatocage

Like this

Thank you

Leveraging what? He didn't have anything in the beginning, why else would he need "investors"?

I think he was referring to Bitcoinica leveraging.

Edit: Nvm, I misinterpreted your post.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 03:59:12 PM

@Pirate: Sooner or later you're going to have to disclose your business model to quell the doubters.  Otherwise you're going to be losing more business to people pulling out than you would to other competitors adopting your same strategy.  Or, having 50% of your niche market is better than having 100% of nothing.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: