Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:59:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: BS&T -- Are you staying or leaving?
I'm using a passthrough(s) and will continue to do so
I will make or already have an account which I will keep
I will have a Trust account
I am currently using a passthrough and will be withdrawing all funds from it
I currently have an account and will be withdrawing all funds from it
I am currently using a passthrough and will be withdrawing some funds from it
I currently have an account and will be withdrawing some funds from it
What kind of idiot would trust their money with that guy?
Idk show me what others said.

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BS&T -- Are you staying or leaving?  (Read 24737 times)
S. Omega

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 04:02:59 PM

So I decided to pitch in with a view based on cold facts and logic. Then half way through writing the wall of text, explaining the various aspects and importance of:
  • Information Security (information is potential power, power is subject to greed, greed is bad etc.)
  • Sensible investing (meaning financial power you can spare without endangering the sustenance of your lifestyle)
  • Risk Management (quite a few concerns here aren't necessarily a risk, they're more the fear(s) of an individual, one should not assess his/her risk based on speculation or the "what ifs")

, I decided (this sentence isn't very fluent) not to waste too much forum space. Those that are a bit sharper will maintain composure and those that aren't...will keep whining struggling.

I do hope that the most "vocal" will be put in their place, for those familiar with MMA;
http://oi48.tinypic.com/28i6s2g.jpg

To the OP's original question; as a "vote of confidence" I've just deposited a "sizeable" amount with pirate's BTCST. Not necessarily because I "trust", but because I am willing and able to do so. If things pan out nicely, I'll be happy. If things go awry, I'll not be so happy...for a few hours, then I'll move on to something else.

S. Omega

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pirateat40
Avast Ye!

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

"Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late."

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2012, 04:23:47 PM

@Pirate: Sooner or later you're going to have to disclose your business model to quell the doubters.  Otherwise you're going to be losing more business to people pulling out than you would to other competitors adopting your same strategy.  Or, having 50% of your niche market is better than having 100% of nothing.

I have no doubt in what my business is and not a single worry about what the future holds.  Those that doubt what I do couldn't scratch the surface of my operation.     

R-

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Pasta

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2012, 04:55:31 PM

I have no doubt in what my business is and not a single worry about what the future holds.  Those that doubt what I do couldn't scratch the surface of my operation.    
The only scratching taking place is your support investors scratching your sweaty ballsack whenever you ask them to. Seriously though. Seriously.
bitcoinBull
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

rippleFanatic

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 05:11:53 PM

You started out with 36k BTC? I don't think you understood R-'s point. Also, how come you weren't hit with huge problem with the Bitcoinca fiasco which should have froze your money in their wallet?

That's 3.6k BTC leveraged 10:1 (5k btc / $30k deposited to account for the tradable balance). Or 7.2k BTC leveraged 5:1 (10k btc / $60k deposited). In mid-feb, before bitcoinica added the swap fee. Nice trade!

College of Bucking Bulls Knowledge
hgmichna

Activity: 695
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 06:04:26 PM

I can do several percent per week on trading at Mt. Gox + some other exchanges, though not very often ...

What does that mean? On average you are not even making 10% a year.

You may have been able to achieve such gains in the beginning, with luck. But now you can't, not on any longer-term average.
Vladimir

Activity: 812

-

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 06:28:05 PM
Last edit: July 05, 2012, 07:23:00 PM by Vladimir

All the people here, "I am making 1% per day", "I am making 5% per day". FFS do you think we are all idiots here? Nobody care who made how many percent per day. The only thing that counts is how much one can make sustainably.

Chances are all these geniuses make 5% one day just to lose 10% another and be completely wiped out on a margin call the third day.

If you can make 10% per year consistently on a decent volume then you should be already in the list of top 100  hedge fund managers in the world and command salary measured in tens of millions dollars per year. Do you want us to believe that we have on this very board such a collection of stars whose reasonable annual salary well surpasses whole damn Bitcoin's market cap. Yea right.

What a kindergarden.

-
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 06:29:22 PM

I'll tell you one thing for sure, and that is that all the noisy assholes that have been bashing pirate have been pushing me closer to investing, just out of spite for their windy and non-logical posts. I'm sure I'm not the only one that's feeling this way, so be careful that you don't overdo it and get the opposite effect to what you are are trying to achieve, capisce?

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Vladimir

-

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 06:31:26 PM
Last edit: July 05, 2012, 07:21:58 PM by Vladimir

Well if you put if you put it this way, then you just go ahead and do it. Evolution will take care of the rest. I am not going to try to stop ya,

-
hgmichna

Activity: 695

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 06:43:15 PM

I'll tell you one thing for sure, and that is that all the noisy assholes that have been bashing pirate have been pushing me closer to investing, just out of spite for their windy and non-logical posts. I'm sure I'm not the only one that's feeling this way, so be careful that you don't overdo it and get the opposite effect to what you are are trying to achieve, capisce?

Reading your message, I really think you should invest all your bitcoins in the pirate fund. As clever as you are, you probably own a fair amount.

Just imagine, on 7% they will double in a little over 10 weeks. Wouldn't that be wonderful? In a few years you could be a millionaire. You wouldn't have to work any more. Another year, and you could buy a big yacht and a business jet. Go for it!
lomax

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 07:11:36 PM

Well if you put if you put it this way, then you just go ahead and do it. Evolution will take of the rest. I am not going to try to stop ya,

Then GTFO this thread idiot.
herzmeister
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2012, 07:16:10 PM

In a few years you could be a millionaire. You wouldn't have to work any more. Another year, and you could buy a big yacht and a business jet. Go for it!

I thought we don't need pirate for that?  Huh

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
Vladimir

-

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 07:25:32 PM

Well if you put if you put it this way, then you just go ahead and do it. Evolution will take of the rest. I am not going to try to stop ya,

Then GTFO this thread idiot.

Another one with impeccable logic and high value post. What a kindergarden. It seems you guys are suckers for reverse psychology.

Specifically for you here is a recipe for success: take all your money, delay paying your bills, borrow from mom and pop, get cash advances on your credit cards (if they give those these days to  17 year olds)  then go and invest it all into pirates business which is obviously by 2-3 orders of magnitude more profitable than any other company out there. In just 2-3 years you will have 22 millions of bitcoins. Sounds as a good plan.

Goodbye for now. Off to ignore you go.

-
R-

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Pasta

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2012, 07:32:07 PM

In a few years you could be a millionaire. You wouldn't have to work any more. Another year, and you could buy a big yacht and a business jet. Go for it!

I thought we don't need pirate for that?  Huh

OFC not, this is Bitcoin. Anyone using Bitcoin makes at LEAST a 3300% return each year.
ninjarobot

Activity: 761

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 07:41:28 PM

Haven't followed the entire thread but a 3300% ROI per year from some guy named pirate? Sounds legit to me! Where do I sign up?

pirating
present participle of pi·rate (Verb)
Verb: Rob or plunder (a ship).

Welcome to bitcoinland kiddo! I've got a bridge to sell you.
Vladimir

-

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 07:45:09 PM

All those suckers using Bitcoin are going to be a laughing stock of the internet over this before long.

-
sadpandatech

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 07:47:03 PM

leaving?

I'm doubling down!

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 07:50:07 PM

Like a boss, brosef.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
lomax

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 08:11:18 PM

All those suckers using Bitcoin are going to be a laughing stock of the internet over this before long.

Unbelievable arrogance, even for vlad.

Why is this guy, the single biggest detractor of bitcoin, tolerated here?
sadpandatech

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 08:15:45 PM

Unbelievable arrogance, even for vlad.

Why is this guy, the single biggest detractor of bitcoin, tolerated here?

Because just like you or me, he is another person who chooses to be here in this community.

I don't think he is so much a Bitcoin detractor as he is a detractor of certain aspects of Bitcoin users.

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
lomax

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 08:18:30 PM

He's clearly anti-bitcoin, as anyone that has seen the cover of bitcoin magazine can attest.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: