Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:07:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Intersango Incompetence (First Experience - Not Good)  (Read 4402 times)
JohnWayne99 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 01:50:14 PM
Last edit: July 05, 2012, 09:51:24 PM by JohnWayne99

July 3, 2012, 12:26 p.m.needs_admin_action -> needs_admin_action
I just want to buy bitcoins with my GBP and transfer out and the open order is just stuck there, I can't even cancel it or filll it at all, the whole page seems to be dormant.

July 3, 2012, 12:09 p.m.needs_admin_action -> needs_admin_action
Upone trying to convert my GBP back to bitcoins to transfer out of my account in BTC, the system seems unresponsive, I am having difficulty executing an order to buy bitcoins and trying to cancel the order to buy is also unresponsive.

July 3, 2012, 11:57 a.m.needs_admin_action -> needs_admin_action
Regarding WITHDRAW #xxxxx, status "Requested", (Now Cancelled)

I have Cancelled the transaction due to 2 days of trying to get support with no outcome, I also called the support number today (02081333752 which I thought was for your HQ in london as it says on the website) and I was greeted by an american man who wanted to know why I awoke him at 4am in the morning with this call (it was 12:30pm english time). as this is my first time using your service I am sorry to find this whole experience bizarre, and disturbing, I was going to follow this initial deposit with larger amounts of Bitcoin to be traded on your site, but i have now lost all confidence, as a company trading from England I expected more, If you can't give me some kind of guarantee that i will receive proper service as a customer sadly I am forced not to use this service.

Regards,

July 2, 2012, 11:53 p.m.needs_admin_action -> needs_admin_action
Regarding WITHDRAW #xxxxx, status "Requested",

July 2, 2012, 11:51 p.m.needs_staff_action -> needs_admin_action
July 2, 2012, 11:51 p.m.needs_admin_action -> needs_staff_action

I hope this problem will be swiftly resolved, and that my decision to become a customer of Intersango is the right choice.

Thanks,

July 2, 2012, 8:11 p.m.Donaldneeds_staff_action -> needs_admin_action
July 2, 2012, 8:11 p.m.Donald
Hi,

I will need to put this to the administrator's attention. It is possible the withdraw request was skipped over if it put us over a daily limit.

The administrator will be able to resolve the matter.

Sincerely,
Team Intersango

July 2, 2012, 5:26 p.m.needs_staff_action -> needs_staff_action
The withdrawal was requested on Saturday and has seen no progress at all, now it's Monday and according your withdrawal policy they are processed daily, so can you please give me an explanation of what the current circumstances are ? this is my first time using this particular website and was hoping it was going to be a positive experience.

July 2, 2012, 11:58 a.m.
Support@intersango

Regarding WITHDRAW #xxxxx, status "Requested" when can I expect to recieve my funds ?, also can you please give me details of when you process withdrawals daily e.g. mon-sat and what time of the day?

Thank You,

Well.. where to start,
I decided to give the intersango exchange a try over the weekend as i'm based in the U.K and intersango claims to be a U.K based bitcoin exchange that offers fast, free uk transfers (daily), I previously used MT.GOX and have never had an issue with them at all, above is a communication log of my contact with intersango support,when they finally answer, I was trying to withdraw GBP to my U.K bank account, i found the whole experience Bizarre and Disturbing, and the website to be glitchy and at times transactions got stuck for an hour or more, and the support offered is virtually non-existant.

In the end I finally was able to withdraw my funds from the site but not to my U.K bank account, I just wanted my funds out of there so i had to convert back to Bitcoin, but in the process of converting my GBP to Bitcoins so i could withdraw my money from this website i ended up at a loss.

P.S. If anyone can recommend a good exchange with faster currency to bank account transfers than MT.GOX please reply with you're suggestions.

Thank You

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 03, 2012, 02:47:02 PM

Their site has been glitchy for a while now. Unfortunately, the only sites for converting GBP are the ones you already know about.

I'm grumpy!!
JohnWayne99 (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 09:47:46 PM

Intersango have further proven their incompetence in their reply a further 2 days later, they claim i was trying to withdraw 4 pence, when actually it is there in the withdrawal log of my account the amount was not 4 pence, and i even gave them the transaction number in question in my first message, in actual fact  i was trying to withdraw over 100 pounds, which i had to cancel due to concern for my money and issues detailed below and above, at no time did i ever try to withdraw 4 pence.

I am glad I realized early what sort of people are running this site, I was going to transfer sums In the thousands and the hundred or so was just a test of worthiness.

July 5, 2012, 9:33 p.m.closed -> needs_admin_action
If you actually looked at my account in the first place you would realize this was my order "#xxxxx UKWithdrawalRequest Cancelled   xxx.xx GBP" it is still there in my withdrawal log and it had to be cancelled by myself due to lack of support and you're incompetence in performing such a simple task of withdrawing it to my account in reasonable time, and now you have further proven you're incompetence !. Again the original amount was £xxx.xx, i cancelled this and bought bitcoin and because of you're awkward system it left 0.04 pence in my account, which i agree to forfeit on account closure, if you are capable of performing this simple task,

Thank You, Goodbye

July 5, 2012, 10:45 a.m.Donaldneeds_admin_action -> closed
July 5, 2012, 10:45 a.m.Donald
Hi,

As it costs us 20 pence simply to perform a withdraw there is no way we would withdraw 4 pence.

This is the issue you were experiencing. I was unaware of it as I was unaware of the size of the withdraw.

You should however be able to buy a very small fraction of a bitcoin but in order for the trade to execute you must be offering a high enough rate. If you go to the BUY/SELL tab and put the rate in as 6 and the amount as .007 then the trade should execute instantly and most of your GBP should be converted to 7 thousandth of a BTC.

Sincerely,
Team Intersango
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 09:59:45 PM

I would like much more clarification on their random american number, whats the deal with that ?

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
JohnWayne99 (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 11:53:50 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2012, 06:19:49 PM by JohnWayne99

I basically called the number below from the contact page, upon calling the number with the dial tone beeping one or two times I kept getting cut off, so naturally I called back to try and get through to somebody, on the third attempt the American guy answered and said
Quote "Don't you think there's a reason why I'm hanging up it's 4am in the morning here"
I was obviously shocked to hear this and I said to the guy "who is this anyway" and the guy didn't say anything so I just hung up the phone, immediately cancelled the bank transfer, converted my money back to Bitcoins and removed my money from their website.
From what I can gather Intersango isn't a real company at all, just a bunch of maybe 2 or 3 people and 1 of them forwarding calls from U.K to America.

+442081333752
Intersango Ltd
3rd Floor 14 Hanover Street
London
England
W1S 1YH
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2012, 02:33:37 AM

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ie=UTF-8&ion=1#hl=en&gs_nf=1&tok=4xHRFYMz2lcn2eZN97UQYA&cp=12&gs_id=1&xhr=t&q=442081333752&pf=p&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&oq=442081333752&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=d7a50cc02f3c90da&biw=1280&bih=685&ion=1

There's only one result for that number on Google where you'll learn the guys name.

~Bruno~
JohnWayne99 (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 10:29:43 AM

To which I now replied.

July 6, 2012, 10:36 a.m.needs_user_action -> needs_admin_action
I will say again, I canceled the withdrawal on the 3rd of July, this is 4 whole days after I requested the withdrawal, and you claim withdrawals are processed daily, I got no timely response, and got moaned and groaned at by someone who I regrettably awoke at what they told me was 4am in the morning, when I called you;re domestic U.K number at lunch time.

Just got a fresh arrogant reply from Intersango about the problem I had about my withdrawal.

July 6, 2012, 3:50 a.m.Patrickneeds_admin_action -> needs_user_action
If you cancel your withdrawal requests how do you expect them to ever get sent?

July 5, 2012, 9:53 p.m.needs_admin_action -> needs_admin_action
And again i wish you to close my account and destroy all of my personal information linked to the account, thank you
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 04:11:00 PM

Well if that number is listed and isnt managed by intersango as it clearly seems then why the fuck do they list it?

Really seems beyond dodgy compared to all the flack people give exchanges like Mt.GOX this seems bizarrely scammy.

Did intersango respond to your question regarding the number?

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
JohnWayne99 (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 05:06:15 PM

As you can see they reply very selectively to any questions raised, I doubt their response will even address the question about the dodgy number, I have made the entire log public as it was written with theirs & my own responses. Intersango have completely failed to address any of my questions properly, also the fact that I have repeatedly requested account closure and secure deletion of my personal details has been ignored in it's entirety.

I will continue to update this thread with any responses from Intersango as I get them.
Jason Ling

Activity: 35

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 05:44:15 PM

My GBP withdrawals are usually turned around in 1 day as promised. However this week my requests since 2 July still have not been processed.

Anyone else in the same boat?
JohnWayne99 (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 06:02:48 PM

@Jason Ling

I tried to withdraw originally on 30th of June, & saw it wasn't moving anywhere so on the 3rd of July after what happened above, I took my business elswhere.

Try their contact number.. Grin LoL, some rude guy will answer and say you woke him up out of bed !

@rager69

You sound like a douchebag. I've done dozens of transactions with them and never had a problem. Maybe the problem is you?

Who you calling a douchebag it's not only "Jason Ling" with the problem they messed me around too.
And you just registered here to call people douchebags, you are pathetic go and troll some other forum.
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 06:19:06 PM

Sure you have newbie... your very first post is calling somebody who has documented issues a "douchebag"? Why not just scream at everyone "here's comes a sock-puppet"? The intersango boys are pretty busy with their other fuck-ups right now, they may not have time to try and fix their core business.
anu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 06:21:30 PM

It may help to simply go to their homepage, and scroll to the bottom.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████▄    ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████████████
████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▄████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████▄
█████████████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀    ▀███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
RepuX▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
.Decentralized Data & Applications Protocol For SMEs.
▔▔▔▔  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Bitcointalk  ●  Reddit  ●  ▔▔▔▔
▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
Enterprise Blockchain Protocol
.GET WHITELISTED.
Token Sale starts 6th of February 2018
MiningBuddy

Activity: 927
Merit: 1000

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 06:35:01 PM

I had pretty much the exact same reaction by intersango and their staff when I tried to enquire about a delayed withdraw.
It is a shame because I have used them from time to time since they pretty much launched and the experience was always great.
I'm sorry to say they are now very unprofessional and hostile towards paying customers.

Angry

JohnWayne99 (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 07:05:45 PM

You have my seal of approval on that one.
anu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 07:42:52 PM

and because of you're awkward system it left 0.04 pence in my account, which i agree to forfeit on account closure, if you are capable of performing this simple task,

They were always, and also today, very responsive to me. I did not make an issue of 0.04 pence and I did not question their capability of closing an account, though. You should not call the system awkward because a tiny amount is left after a deal. That is simply the way trading systems work.

You might want to try politeness. It works miracles.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████▄    ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▄████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████▄
█████████████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀    ▀███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
RepuX▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
.Decentralized Data & Applications Protocol For SMEs.
▔▔▔▔  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Bitcointalk  ●  Reddit  ●  ▔▔▔▔
▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
Enterprise Blockchain Protocol
.GET WHITELISTED.
Token Sale starts 6th of February 2018
JohnWayne99 (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 08:08:04 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2012, 08:20:00 PM by JohnWayne99

Well after a week of messaging back and forth, dealing with rude people on the phone and getting nowhere my patience was worn a little thin and I found their ignorance and poor conduct insulting, to start with I told them the amount was over 100 pounds and gave the transaction I.D and they come back to me with a statement about 0.04 pence, before which I simply just asked them to close my account immediately, keep the 0.04 pence for themselves, but they wanted to raise an issue with me over 0.04 pence and have still failed to close my account.

Also they have failed to apologise to me for the guy on the phone with no manners.

If you notice in every message I reply respectably but I have a limit on how far people can push me before I start to get mad.

And the trading system is like something from medieval times it would only take a small amount of code to calculate how many bitcoins you can buy with the amount of money you type in, instead they use this draconian method and you end up with an obscure amount of currency left in you're account like 0.04 pence, it's a wonder how people trade on this site.

END OF RANT

phantomcircuit

Activity: 463
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 10:33:26 PM

As all of you can see he managed to waste a huge amount of our time here and has been consistently irate and unreasonable.

Other people with the same issue have managed to be reasonable and not abusive.

As for the size of the company, of course we are small if we were any larger the fees would be 20%.

Everybody at Intersango could be making more money doing other things, but we all like bitcoins so we do this.

People who are abusive towards us when things do not go perfectly will absolutely not be tolerated.

Edit: as for order execution the model we use is the same as used by every major stock/forex exchange in the world, your ignorance is hardly our fault
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 11:07:17 PM

As all of you can see he managed to waste a huge amount of our time here and has been consistently irate and unreasonable.

Other people with the same issue have managed to be reasonable and not abusive.

As for the size of the company, of course we are small if we were any larger the fees would be 20%.

Everybody at Intersango could be making more money doing other things, but we all like bitcoins so we do this.

People who are abusive towards us when things do not go perfectly will absolutely not be tolerated.

Edit: as for order execution the model we use is the same as used by every major stock/forex exchange in the world, your ignorance is hardly our fault

You have to do better at responding here. OP hasn't been abusive at all, and just making such a claim seems to be an attempt at redirecting the matter at hand.

I'm grumpy!!
scribe

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2012, 11:08:13 PM

... as a company trading from England I expected more ...

As a Brit, I think this is my favourite bit.

blocknois.es Bitcoin music label. ~ New release: This Is Art

Read: Bitcoin Life | Wear: FUTUREECONOMY
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: