Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 11:16:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A Theory on what pirateat40 is doing  (Read 39913 times)
Seal
Donator

Activity: 848
Merit: 1078

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2012, 10:09:28 AM

so...

pirate payed out a few people, and hasn't said anything for 2 days?

who claims to have been paid? i call fud...

Just a few (between 1 and 11) bitcoinmax accounts.  The total is less then 700 BTC and all only a few of those 11 have been verified.  So far less then the assumed accumulated interest for one day. 

Interesting. Links to claims would be awesome if you have them.

Maybe he's buying himself some time??

DefiDive - Filter the noise
A clean crypto asset management terminal
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2012, 01:42:35 PM

so...

Just a few (between 1 and 11) bitcoinmax accounts.  The total is less then 700 BTC and all only a few of those 11 have been verified.  So far less then the assumed accumulated interest for one day. 

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=102107.0

Basically this only shows the IRC chat where pirate says he paid.  I think this is more a stunt to pump up the price of pirate debt since there is very little expedience of coin movement.

hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 03:29:51 PM

Allow me to just quickly point out how the outcome of this escapade so far seems to perfectly coincide with the predictions I and other like me, who used reason and evidence to evaluate BS&T and what pirateat40 is really doing, predicted.

But it's ok to make a mistake and fall for the fraud as long as you manage to learn something from it and not repeat the mistake.

Next time, please use reason and evidence(or lack thereof) in your evaluations or if you haven't learned how to do that, at least listen to people who do.

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
thebaron

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 04:27:32 PM

Next time, please use reason and evidence(or lack thereof) in your evaluations or if you haven't learned how to do that, at least listen to people who do.

Education costs money sometimes.
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 04:47:02 PM

Education costs money sometimes.

Sometimes that's the only education that sticks.

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
zyk

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 08:32:33 PM

so...

Maybe he's buying himself some time??

That can be only smoke and mirorrs....he will never ever pay out a cent before bitlane is not assured to get his....so behind the scenes the colluding is already done ?

In any Ponzi the criminals  at the top divide the loot.....in a failed buiseness the remnants would be distributed evenly.

Cheers Zyk
_mr_e
Legendary

Activity: 817
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 09:03:01 PM

so is it official yet? has anyone heard a peep from pirate since friday?
bitcoinsydney

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2012, 02:56:00 AM

He's been in and out of IRC changing names between pirateat40 and steamship. It's bizarre really. When he's "steamship" he's been offering to buy pirate debt at reduced rates. No idea if he's serious.
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2012, 03:11:24 AM

He's been in and out of IRC changing names between pirateat40 and steamship. It's bizarre really. When he's "steamship" he's been offering to buy pirate debt at reduced rates. No idea if he's serious.
If that's true, there are two reasons he could be doing that.

1) He wants to make people think he's going to pay out.

2) He's trying to cover the fact that he's actually *selling* Pirate debt.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 26, 2012, 03:22:58 AM

If that's true, there are two reasons he could be doing that.

1) He wants to make people think he's going to pay out.

If Pirate really was planning to run with everything, he could add a decent bonus to his earnings by starting to pay out some small accounts and then selling big "accounts" at a steep discount.

That being said, if Pirate really is going to pay everyone back, it would make sense for him to scoop up as much discounted debt as possible.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3211

View Profile
August 26, 2012, 05:44:44 AM

I think that the 500,000 BTC that people claim he has is gone -- used to pay out the 7% per week interest -- and he has nothing left. If he actually earns nothing from the deposits, then all the money is gone in only 3 months.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
mrSprinkles

Activity: 265
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2012, 06:28:18 AM

That wasn't the real pirateat40. That pirateat40 (and steamship) did not have the OP prefix (@) in front of their nick. In addition, both @pirateat40 and pirateat40 were in the channel at the same time. It's likely he used an invisible character or typo to change his name to pirateat40. He was also clearly a troll. Can't believe everything you see, and then take it at face value.
boonies4u

Activity: 826

View Profile
August 26, 2012, 06:37:44 AM

That wasn't the real pirateat40. That pirateat40 (and steamship) did not have the OP prefix (@) in front of their nick. In addition, both @pirateat40 and pirateat40 were in the channel at the same time. It's likely he used an invisible character or typo to change his name to pirateat40. He was also clearly a troll. Can't believe everything you see, and then take it at face value.

Did you check the ident?
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
August 26, 2012, 06:39:08 AM

unclescrooge
aka Raphy

Activity: 868

View Profile
August 26, 2012, 09:15:38 AM

Thats the plan baby Cheesy
unclescrooge
aka Raphy

Activity: 868

View Profile
August 26, 2012, 09:18:05 AM

I don't understand what you mean by selling his debt.

I can understand how he could buy it at a discount, which would equate to a partial discount. But selling it? Selling what? Huh
apetersson (OP)

Activity: 668
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 26, 2012, 09:25:59 AM

But selling it? Selling what? Huh

One thing he can do now is create a new account in his DB assign a bazillion coins to it.
Then go here with a new sockpuppet account and state: "i want to get rid of this btcst account, someone buy it from me for 30%"

there he sold his own debt
Grinder
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 26, 2012, 09:26:13 AM

I can understand how he could buy it at a discount, which would equate to a partial discount. But selling it? Selling what? Huh
Lots of people are selling their pirate accounts at a discount. He probably has some fake accounts, and he could be selling them. That would also explain why he's still hanging around. If he didn't it would be pretty much impossible to sell them even at a discount.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2012, 10:10:30 AM

Buying it would involve giving someone money.

Selling it would involve getting more money.

He's been selling Pirate IOUs all along. Maybe he's still selling them, I dunno. But he's not buying them, lol.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
interlagos

Activity: 496
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2012, 01:09:37 PM

Steamship? Hmm... was Titanic a steamship? Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: