News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is the U.S government?
Wrong for doing this - 23 (23.5%)
An enormous pussy - 17 (17.3%)
Completely stupid - 20 (20.4%)
Run by idiots - 30 (30.6%)
I love em' so you can't trust my vote - 8 (8.2%)
Total Voters: 54

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Jesus ministry not to preach from American soil  (Read 6619 times)
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 01:10:42 PM

The law just looks like a spoiled bully that is making up stupid rules because they're pissed because one of their subjects stood up for himself and said, enough is enough.

If you recall that sort of behaviour helped spark the revolution that the USofA started from. Has it come full circle?

Well, the people involved in the Free State Project seem to think so.

I remember seeing the Free State Project ads on CoinVisitor. Didn't know that was still in operation.

They're still around. https://freestateproject.org
FSP's significantly older than BTC, fwiw. I had the pleasure of meeting Ian at a BTC conference in FL a few months ago. Signed a pledge of intent, but then my job hunt ended abruptly soon after (thank God). Was kind of surprised they came to a fairly low-key crypto conference... I've been hearing about Ian and the FSP for more than my entire adult life, so really putting a face to it was kind of..... .... disturbing. Cheesy

If it's disturbing to you and you agree with the ideology then what must the rest of the country think? LOL
Freeman has the right idea but he's too fringe/radical in his presentations to get major support. One of my favorite quotes from him is, "I don't believe in the state. Unfortunately a lot of people do believe in the state and they are willing to kill for it. It is a very very dangerous religion." I completely agree with that statement even though it alienates about 90% of the people in the country. He needs to back off of the militia speak and start preaching the little things that everyone hates about the direction this country has taken. I haven't met anyone yet that doesn't agree in principle with something he believes about the country. Presentation is everything though and he scares the little fluffy bunny citizens too much to garner big support. That's the reason they still don't have the necessary 20,000 people to trigger the move after all these years.
Idunno. He's so human in speaking... I don't think he's even capable of changing the tone of his message because it's really HIS tone and message. I guess that's why he can't be a politician. Cheesy It'd be like coaching Ron Paul... and then you get some ad coming out where he endorsed whats-his-name (Amit Singh?) I still remember a quote from... "TEX MESSSXT?!" Like - someone clearly wrote a script he was supposed to follow, and it was like watching a five-year-old at a school play trying to pretend they're the Duke of Butthamburg with a straight face. -Or that line, which was absolutely hilarious (mostly for the wrong reasons)... "You'd have to smoke a joint as big as a telephone pole to get high off hemp!" Ron obviously didn't write that line and he wasn't able to deliver it in any believable way, even though it's the only quote I remember from whatever speech or rally that was.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 01:24:32 PM

The law just looks like a spoiled bully that is making up stupid rules because they're pissed because one of their subjects stood up for himself and said, enough is enough.

If you recall that sort of behaviour helped spark the revolution that the USofA started from. Has it come full circle?

Well, the people involved in the Free State Project seem to think so.

I remember seeing the Free State Project ads on CoinVisitor. Didn't know that was still in operation.

They're still around. https://freestateproject.org
FSP's significantly older than BTC, fwiw. I had the pleasure of meeting Ian at a BTC conference in FL a few months ago. Signed a pledge of intent, but then my job hunt ended abruptly soon after (thank God). Was kind of surprised they came to a fairly low-key crypto conference... I've been hearing about Ian and the FSP for more than my entire adult life, so really putting a face to it was kind of..... .... disturbing. Cheesy

If it's disturbing to you and you agree with the ideology then what must the rest of the country think? LOL
Freeman has the right idea but he's too fringe/radical in his presentations to get major support. One of my favorite quotes from him is, "I don't believe in the state. Unfortunately a lot of people do believe in the state and they are willing to kill for it. It is a very very dangerous religion." I completely agree with that statement even though it alienates about 90% of the people in the country. He needs to back off of the militia speak and start preaching the little things that everyone hates about the direction this country has taken. I haven't met anyone yet that doesn't agree in principle with something he believes about the country. Presentation is everything though and he scares the little fluffy bunny citizens too much to garner big support. That's the reason they still don't have the necessary 20,000 people to trigger the move after all these years.
Idunno. He's so human in speaking... I don't think he's even capable of changing the tone of his message because it's really HIS tone and message. I guess that's why he can't be a politician. Cheesy It'd be like coaching Ron Paul... and then you get some ad coming out where he endorsed whats-his-name (Amit Singh?) I still remember a quote from... "TEX MESSSXT?!" Like - someone clearly wrote a script he was supposed to follow, and it was like watching a five-year-old at a school play trying to pretend they're the Duke of Butthamburg with a straight face. -Or that line, which was absolutely hilarious (mostly for the wrong reasons)... "You'd have to smoke a joint as big as a telephone pole to get high off hemp!" Ron obviously didn't write that line and he wasn't able to deliver it in any believable way, even though it's the only quote I remember from whatever speech or rally that was.

Yeah, you're right. It's his honest passion that makes him who he is. If you tried to script him it wouldn't work. This will piss off a lot of Free Staters but maybe someone else more mellow needs to be the face of the project for a while. If there even is someone more mellow in that group. lol

HELP.org

Activity: 510
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2015, 02:11:53 PM

Roger and I have not seen eye to eye on every issue. We've sent angry PMs to each other over a personal difference of opinion. I still have the PMs. I'm not, however, going to disregard his contribution because we don't always agree. Too many people in this community are willing to throw a brother away when they're down. It just ain't right.

He is some guy who bought Bitcoin and is trying to make a profit via the incentive system that is set up.  He is not a "brother" and nobody agrees to join any "community" when they use Bitcoin.  We are not "brothers" and Ver is not "down."  He gave up his citizenship and now he can't attend a Bitcoin conference and spout misinformation to promote his fantasy agenda.  Who cares?  It is a positive for Bitcoin to get this nut job off the agenda of serious Bitcoin conferences.

Certified Bitcoin Professional
Bicoin.me - Bitcoin.me!
HELP.org

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2015, 02:15:31 PM

I haven't met anyone yet that doesn't agree in principle with something he believes about the country. Presentation is everything though and he scares the little fluffy bunny citizens too much to garner big support. That's the reason they still don't have the necessary 20,000 people to trigger the move after all these years.

Wrong again, people are not scared.  People think they are ridiculous because they take things too far.  People value security above any political ideology and society is not going to change because some nut case who has not achieved much in life says so.

Bicoin.me - Bitcoin.me!
QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 02:26:33 PM

Roger and I have not seen eye to eye on every issue. We've sent angry PMs to each other over a personal difference of opinion. I still have the PMs. I'm not, however, going to disregard his contribution because we don't always agree. Too many people in this community are willing to throw a brother away when they're down. It just ain't right.

He is some guy who bought Bitcoin and is trying to make a profit via the incentive system that is set up.  He is not a "brother" and nobody agrees to join any "community" when they use Bitcoin.  We are not "brothers" and Ver is not "down."  He gave up his citizenship and now he can't attend a Bitcoin conference and spout misinformation to promote his fantasy agenda.  Who cares?  It is a positive for Bitcoin to get this nut job off the agenda of serious Bitcoin conferences.

Wow, you really are a horrible human being. With supporters like you who needs enemies. Bitcoin isn't the community I'm talking about you fool. The users of this forum are and unfortunately you're a part of it. Regardless of their agenda his support helped this group of people advance Bitcoin. He is down. The tax authority of a ruthless country is chasing him around the world to steal his money because they need money to impose their will with force on the entire world. I've never said this about anyone here before, even the trolls, but listening to your pompous ramblings makes me sick to my stomach. Why don't you go fall off the edge of the earth. You do still think it's flat, right?

HELP.org

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2015, 03:28:40 PM

He is some guy who bought Bitcoin and is trying to make a profit via the incentive system that is set up.  He is not a "brother" and nobody agrees to join any "community" when they use Bitcoin.  We are not "brothers" and Ver is not "down."  He gave up his citizenship and now he can't attend a Bitcoin conference and spout misinformation to promote his fantasy agenda.  Who cares?  It is a positive for Bitcoin to get this nut job off the agenda of serious Bitcoin conferences.

Wow, you really are a horrible human being. With supporters like you who needs enemies. Bitcoin isn't the community I'm talking about you fool. The users of this forum are and unfortunately you're a part of it. Regardless of their agenda his support helped this group of people advance Bitcoin. He is down. The tax authority of a ruthless country is chasing him around the world to steal his money because they need money to impose their will with force on the entire world. I've never said this about anyone here before, even the trolls, but listening to your pompous ramblings makes me sick to my stomach. Why don't you go fall off the edge of the earth. You do still think it's flat, right?

Ver wants to use the system for his benefit and he doesn't to pay his pair share.  Then he wants to use the situation to promote himself and his fantasies ... just like he is using Ross Ubricht's mother during the most difficult time of her life.  On top of that he calls the people who helped him get where is today "the violent ones" and "murderers."  I don't care what he invested in or who he got involved in Bitcoin I want absolutely nothing to do with him or any of his associates or followers.

Bicoin.me - Bitcoin.me!
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 04:23:10 PM

People value security above any political ideology ...

Shall I insert the obligatory Ben Franklin quote here, or would that be gratuitous?

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 04:46:51 PM

People value security above any political ideology ...

Shall I insert the obligatory Ben Franklin quote here, or would that be gratuitous?

I think I know the one you're talking about, "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Don't waste it on him. He wouldn't understand it anyway. Just do what I did and put him on ignore.

jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 08:49:19 PM

Seeing as you indicated you watched at least the first five seconds of my suggested link, I went and read the blog link you posted. Now that I've read it, I wonder... what was the point of that? I see nothing of value to this discussion therein. Just some guy whining about things that other people are doing of their own free volition. I guess a guy advocating for the violence of the state might want to direct that actions of others, but it comes off as merely a strident screed. It also fails to surprise that a contemporary western lawyer (I guess this is this guy's vocation?) might be uncomfortable with all the omnipresent legalistic micro-structure that purports to restrict the free voluntary cooperation required for a functional stateless society. So he's another guy with another stinky opinion. What am I to take from it?

Care to clue me what the point was?

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
HELP.org

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2015, 10:10:27 PM

Every time I see a post from Help.org/Milly Bitcoin on here or elsewhere online, I know that I'm in for tirade from a government troll. Nice to see that the pattern hasn't been broken on here  Roll Eyes

Yes, the whole world is a bunch of trolls and idiots and only a small group of underemployed gamers, teenagers, and mental cases actually know the truth.  Funny how that works.

Bicoin.me - Bitcoin.me!
MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2015, 11:52:07 PM

Sorry I'm late to the party.

I have a few facts I would like to correct.  Make what you will of it.

1. I did NOT renounce my citizenship for tax reasons.  I haven't lived in the USA for 9 years,  but I've paid about $1M USD each year in US taxes for the last 10+ years, and will continue to pay a similar amount for as long as I continue to do business in the USA.  (People like Help.org / Milly Bitcoin can go to hell for claiming I haven't paid my fair share)

2. My visa is being denied because the embassy workers are claiming that I haven't sufficiently proved my ties to a country outside the USA that would motivate me to leave the US at the end of my trip.  They told me this verbally and in writing.
Actual rejection letter:

3. They told me verbally that my visa denial has nothing to do with my criminal record from over a decade ago.

4. While claiming I hadn't sufficiently shown proof of my ties outside the USA,  they were refusing to even look at the proof I had brought. (9 years worth of ties to Japan)  They wouldn't even let me slide the documentation through the slot in the interview window!

5. Free Talk Live was nice enough to let me tell more of my side of the story recently: https://soundcloud.com/freetalklive/free-talk-live-interviews-roger-ver-aka-bitcoin-jesus

6. I shouldn't have stored fireworks in the apartment without the owner's permission, and I shouldn't have sent them through the mail, but I was 19 or 20 years old at the time of my arrest, and young people tend to do immature things.  I don't think sending me to federal prison was the right response. At some point I will do a longer write up of all the shenanigans played by law enforcement with my case.

7. The internet was a very different place at that time. I was selling the fireworks on ebay in their guns and ammo section along side all sorts of ammunition and assault rifles.

8. I never stored 50lbs worth in an apartment.  50lbs was the total amount that I purchased over a 1 or 2 year period while I was selling the product. Only some fraction of that was ever in the apartment at one time. That included all the packaging materials.  Each one contained about 1 gram of explosive,  and I purchased about 2000 pcs total,  so the total sold over the time period was about 2KG and only a fraction of that was ever in the apartment at one time.

9.  Milly Bitcoin doesn't even bother to read his own links.  I was the only person in the entire world to be sent to jail for selling these without a permit.  The manufacturer sold more than 1,000,000 units and was simply ordered to stop.  Cabelas.com sold the exact same product, and they had no permit. They were simply ordered to stop.  The company I bought mine from,  had no permit and were simply ordered to stop.

10.  I'm not perfect,  and have never claimed to be. There is no such thing as a Bitcoin Jesus.  I've made plenty of mistakes with my Bitcoin related work.  I'm just doing the best I can.

11. I'm not opposed to rules, or police, or government.  I'm simply opposed to all forms of aggressive violence.  If you think you have to hurt someone to solve a problem,  you are the problem.

12. Special thanks to the words of encouragement from the people in this thread. 

newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1049

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 11:57:10 PM

@MemoryDealers Welcome to the Party Smiley

thisisascam

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 11:59:47 PM

Really? Seriously? Someone voted "I love em"!

Explain yourself Satan worshiper.
so whoever doesnt agree with you is a stan lover lal
HELP.org

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 12:07:01 AM

2. My visa is being denied because the embassy workers are claiming that I haven't sufficiently proved ...

The letter says they are not giving a specific reason.

11. I'm not opposed to rules, or police, or government.  I'm simply opposed to all forms of aggressive violence.  If you think you have to hurt someone to solve a problem,  you are the problem.

That is not possible which is why your agenda is a fantasy.  Stop linking your fantasy agenda to Bitcoin.  As for the rest of your life ... who cares?  You are doing fine and if you want to sit there and cry how "the violent ones" are ruining your life then go to Bitcoin island and have fun.

Bicoin.me - Bitcoin.me!
QuestionAuthority (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 12:12:20 AM

Sorry I'm late to the party.

I have a few facts I would like to correct.  Make what you will of it.

12. Special thanks to the words of encouragement from the people in this thread. 

Thanks for showing up and clearing up the issue with the truth. I would have been disappointed if you didn't show.

You're efforts over the years deserve our support.

Good luck with your fight.

Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 12:20:06 AM

@memorydealers

good to hear from you, imho you are a top,top man
followed your story with interest over the years

without doubt it was insane uncle sam inflicted that sentence on you and is beyond a joke you cannot enter your country of birth even though paying huge taxes

I foresee in more time to come many indigenous americans will be doing everything to rescind their passports

imo, don't waste too much of your time and energy on this, I realise this is a matter of principle but the US is one of the last places on earth I would visit with the regime running it along with draconian customs, insane cops and the rest of it. not to mention what they have done to this world past few decades.

this is no slur on americans reading this as there are many amazing people from america.

push on with that your doing mate, you've obviously put some noses out of joint, some faceless soulless bureacrats have been told to say no to your application.
don't waste any more energy or money on this, enjoy your life and what you're doing in better places. if the revolution comes, go back after  Wink

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
Flashman

Activity: 518

Hodl!

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 12:21:14 AM

8. I never stored 50lbs worth in an apartment.  50lbs was the total amount that I purchased over a 1 or 2 year period while I was selling the product. Only some fraction of that was ever in the apartment at one time. That included all the packaging materials.  Each one contained about 1 gram of explosive,  and I purchased about 2000 pcs total,  so the total sold over the time period was about 2KG and only a fraction of that was ever in the apartment at one time.

I withdraw my slap upside the head and replace it with a tap on the wrist then.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 01:12:07 AM

2. My visa is being denied because the embassy workers are claiming that I haven't sufficiently proved ...

Here is another letter where they gave the specific reason in writing rather than just in verbal form:

HELP.org

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 01:18:38 AM

Here is another letter where they gave the specific reason in writing rather than just in verbal form:

Yes, you have several properties listen in your name in California.  Sell those and reapply.  Your rights in those properties are being protected by "the violent ones" anyway so I am sure you don't want that.

Bicoin.me - Bitcoin.me!
MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 01:26:18 AM

Yes, you have several properties listen in your name in California.  Sell those and reapply.  Your rights in those properties are being protected by "the violent ones" anyway so I am sure you don't want that.

They were already listed for sale last year,  and that has no bearing on the visa issue.
Foreigners can own real estate in the USA.
Obama himself admits that they have a monopoly on violence:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D64KcZsD82E
I don't support using violence on peaceful people.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: