Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 11:16:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Got 100+ Bitcoins refunded from Butterfly Labs today  (Read 3615 times)
BTCreward

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 10:06:20 PM

This who get coins now will be the fortunate ones before BFL house of cards crumbles.

Good luck to those with BTC funds stuck with BFL.

I don't believe everyone will get their refund in full.

Tidal wave is coming
Well I got my full refund I posted this to make sure others are aware that refunds are being sent out and they need to get a move on it quickly as I know they're about to be hit with several new / large lawsuits that will drain their funds. It is fair to note it may not matter how many times they get sued as they were into bitcoin when bitcoin was under $10 they likely have a massive stockpile of them at this point and can afford the legal fight.

Just because you got your refund does not mean that 100% of all BFL customers will get their refunds in FULL as they paid.

BFL operated from day 1 as a $8000 funded company that used customer funds to develop their products.

They operated on the preorder bullshit from day 1 and have not delivered to all of their customers because they have not had new suckers to preorder more of their BS products.

They are insolvent in my view.
Well considering that they spent preorder money on the development of their miners, it is extremely unlikely they will be able to repay all their customers as the money has already been spent.

I am curious to know when in 2013 the OP placed his order, as if it was late in the year then he is not doing so great in terms of ROI, however if it was before octoberish then he would have gotten more then what he paid.

Although thinking about it a little bit, it is possible that BFL was mining on their customer equipment for long enough so that they mined enough bitcoin on each machine to pay the purchase price in bitcoin prior to shipping them out

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 10:17:55 PM

This who get coins now will be the fortunate ones before BFL house of cards crumbles.

Tidal wave is coming
Well I got my full refund I posted this to make sure others are aware that refunds are being sent out and they need to get a move on it quickly as I know they're about to be hit with several new / large lawsuits that will drain their funds. It is fair to note it may not matter how many times they get sued as they were into bitcoin when bitcoin was under $10 they likely have a massive stockpile of them at this point and can afford the legal fight.

Just because you got your refund does not mean that 100% of all BFL customers will get their refunds in FULL as they paid.

BFL operated from day 1 as a $8000 funded company that used customer funds to develop their products.

They operated on the preorder bullshit from day 1 and have not delivered to all of their customers because they have not had new suckers to preorder more of their BS products.

Well considering that they spent preorder money on the development of their miners, it is extremely unlikely they will be able to repay all their customers as the money has already been spent.

I am curious to know when in 2013 the OP placed his order, as if it was late in the year then he is not doing so great in terms of ROI, however if it was before octoberish then he would have gotten more then what he paid.

Although thinking about it a little bit, it is possible that BFL was mining on their customer equipment for long enough so that they mined enough bitcoin on each machine to pay the purchase price in bitcoin prior to shipping them out

Any profits they got by mining with customer funds will likely not be seen again. I would venture to speculate that BFL and its owners etc bought luxuries that they will not part with to repay their poor customers.

They do not operate on sympathy only greed.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

BTCreward

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 10:32:18 PM

Tidal wave is coming

Any profits they got by mining with customer funds will likely not be seen again. I would venture to speculate that BFL and its owners etc bought luxuries that they will not part with to repay their poor customers.

They do not operate on sympathy only greed.
Their assets were seized so if they bought few enough service type luxuries then it would be possible customers could be repaid in full. I would speculate that their owners will end up getting most of their personal assets seized via multiple lawsuits both from the FTC and from their various customers in litigation.

I think the mining market has evolved to the point that people are no longer willing to accept a miner to be shipped at an unknown point in the future, but rather are demanding essentially "immediate" (within 2-3 days) shipping from a manufacturers inventory

pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1559

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 10:45:09 AM

I also made a small order back in Nov 2013 (cloudmining). They didn't deliver the service, I considered my small amount of BTC lost, but then in July 2014 I decided to email them and ask for a refund.

Got the following reply:

Thank you for your information. Refund requests are processed in the order received and paid within 30-45 calendar days. This time is necessary to appropriately research and reconcile requests with payments, vouchers, upgrades, payment methods etc. to ensure that customers receive the full refund they are due. We will let you know when we have sent your refund.

Thank you for your business. We hope to see you back!

They kept me waiting nearly a month, but I got my refund eventually. They refunded the USD equivalent, so similar to the OP, I did make some profit in BTC terms.

Again, the purchase amount was very small, so it might have been a reason they didn't object to my claim. I understand many people weren't that lucky.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
WeMineCoins (OP)

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 01:08:33 AM

Tidal wave is coming

This question was answered I didn't lose any money.

The Technical Founder of WeMineCoins
bf4btc

Activity: 568
Merit: 500

Smoke weed everyday!

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 12:58:59 AM

I also made a small order back in Nov 2013 (cloudmining). They didn't deliver the service, I considered my small amount of BTC lost, but then in July 2014 I decided to email them and ask for a refund.

Got the following reply:

Thank you for your information. Refund requests are processed in the order received and paid within 30-45 calendar days. This time is necessary to appropriately research and reconcile requests with payments, vouchers, upgrades, payment methods etc. to ensure that customers receive the full refund they are due. We will let you know when we have sent your refund.

Thank you for your business. We hope to see you back!

They kept me waiting nearly a month, but I got my refund eventually. They refunded the USD equivalent, so similar to the OP, I did make some profit in BTC terms.

Again, the purchase amount was very small, so it might have been a reason they didn't object to my claim. I understand many people weren't that lucky.
I don't think they would discriminate based on order size. They have thousands of orders totaling millions of dollars so even what you may consider a "large" order would probably not have an overall large impact on their ability to refund everyone. Plus they need to treat all their customers the same

████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████▄▄▄█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▀██████████████████████