Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 09:16:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which (non-mineable) Coin should be our Future  (Voting closed: January 31, 2015, 12:43:44 PM)
PoW or PoW combined PoS - is the Future - 11 (7.7%)
NXT - 77 (54.2%)
XRP (Ripple) - 8 (5.6%)
XCP (Counterparty) - 7 (4.9%)
SDC (Shadowcash) - 2 (1.4%)
STR (Stellar) - 3 (2.1%)
BTS (BitShares) - 28 (19.7%)
CLAM (Clams) - 3 (2.1%)
GEC (Great Empire Coin) - 0 (0%)
RDD (Reddcoin) - 1 (0.7%)
XPY (Paycoin) - 0 (0%)
MAID (MaidSafeCoin) - 2 (1.4%)
NSR (NuShares) - 0 (0%)
MMXIV - 0 (0%)
SWIFT (BitSwift) - 0 (0%)
NKT (NAKAMOTODARK) - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 119

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The future of Crypto - Best etablished (PoS) Coin to buy in  (Read 4533 times)
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 11:55:09 AM

Eamorr:
Do some of research on NXT and Java. Really......'needlessly heavyweight implementation' made me smile, as NXT was designed from the ground up to be a much more energy efficient, low-spec friendly crypto than BTC.
Hell, you can run NXT on a Raspberry Pi, so heavyweight it aint.
So far, your ideas/prejudices about NXT are mostly wrong. But it is written in Java, you get points for spotting that.

Read peoples sigs, by the way. Could give you a clue as to what sort of zealot they are....... Grin

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 01:26:14 PM

Oh, and NXT is written in Java!!! WTF?

You keep saying it is written in Java, and I think you mean it as a negative but you don't define clearly in what way it is a negative.

Eamorr

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 04:08:09 PM

You keep saying it is written in Java, and I think you mean it as a negative but you don't define clearly in what way it is a negative.

Java requires a virtual machine. It does not run natively.

Someone above spoke of a "Raspberry Pi" - that's an advanced machine.

But hey, if Java is the language they chose; best of luck to them (whoever they are) in their endeavours.
Daedelus

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 04:24:09 PM

Someone above spoke of a "Raspberry Pi" - that's an advanced machine.

But hey, if Java is the language they chose; best of luck to them (whoever they are) in their endeavours.

Raspberri Pi's cost next to nothing to run = the network costs next to nothing to run. Low cost = more nodes = more resilient network. You make it sound like running on raspberry pis is a bad thing.

There are 9 Nxt core devs, 2 of them have public identities (there is a link to a recent Bitcoin meet up where Nxt spoke but I can't find it). You imply being anonymous is a negative thing too?

Java requires a virtual machine. It does not run natively.

Why is that bad?

poncho32

Activity: 316

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 04:37:22 PM

NXT and XRP (Ripple) are not PoS because they generate no new coins. All the coins were created in their genesis blocks. The thread's title implies they are the same the PoS coins listed.
Daedelus

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 04:42:04 PM
Last edit: January 11, 2015, 06:55:24 PM by Daedelus

NXT and XRP (Ripple) are not PoS because they generate no new coins. All the coins were created in their genesis blocks. The thread's title implies they are the same the PoS coins listed.

Nxt is Proof of Stake. The blockchain is secured by the stake > Proof of Stake.

Generating new coins (inflation) is a separate issue. Inflation erodes value over time, it was a deliberate decision for Nxt to have zero inflation. That doesn't mean it isn't POS.
halinyo
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

The future is bright with DigiByte.

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 11:00:10 PM

Sadly, I could not vote because DigiByte is not there. Please add DGB. However, if I would have choose the first 2 and DGB.
rememberme

Activity: 415

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 10:27:05 AM

SendChat has SendCoin, im sure this will moon and beyond!

Bitcoin and Crypto Mining Rigs https://www.minerigs.shop
MiningSev0 (OP)

Activity: 206
Merit: 106

Old Account was Sev0 (it was hacked)

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 03:05:16 PM

Sadly, I could not vote because DigiByte is not there. Please add DGB. However, if I would have choose the first 2 and DGB.

Added, But in the PoW Thread
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=913172.20

New signature to come =D
Eamorr

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 03:31:36 PM

Eh, why can't I vote?

The "results" of this poll look ridiculous.

To anyone reading this thread: be very, very careful.
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 07:31:40 PM

Poll is invalid as it's missing the two highest yielding PoS coins

EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 10:30:08 PM

Eh, why can't I vote?

The "results" of this poll look ridiculous.

To anyone reading this thread: be very, very careful.

Results look fine to me...... Grin
NXT, BTS, XCP, XRP is exactly what I'd expect from any BTC poll of this nature, given the relative communities size and dedication.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 12:04:53 AM

take a look at mmxiv, small initial coinage (2014), huge percentage pos (2014%), and holding it price very well (often rising even), making the pos stake very profitable.
UberNifty

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

AltcoinWarrior.com

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 05:46:08 AM

And it won't be in Java. Lol.

dude it can be written in paper for all i care! as long as it works and solves centralization!
if java is so vulnerable has anyone broken nxt yet? it looks like a nice sum of bounty on it.

im pretty sure most people who was once against nxt has already changed their perspective on nxt after all it has proven itself.
People are afraid of what they don't understand. that's what happened when nxt decided to stand out to be the first 2.0 crypto.
Let's face it, nxt opened the doors to a whole new level of crypto 2.0 competition, just like bitcoin, nxt is an innovator!

ps. you may have registered longer than other peoples but you certainly don't look like you have as much experience. XRP is BANK 2.0 it has it's own needs and has its own potential but it is not a crypto-currency, it is centralized.

Totally agreed. NXT is what got me to take the whole 'Crypto 2.0' thing seriously. Strong dev support made it an even easier decision.

"Remember, the blockchain is truth..."
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 05:53:25 AM

bunch of garbage, all of it

you people are arguing over nxt? lol

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 01:46:09 PM

bitswift

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
Daedelus

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 04:02:32 PM

@Igotspots and @Kelsey

Why do you think huge inflation coins are a good idea?
dsattler
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 04:18:56 PM

dude it can be written in paper for all i care! as long as it works and solves centralization!
if java is so vulnerable has anyone broken nxt yet? it looks like a nice sum of bounty on it.

im pretty sure most people who was once against nxt has already changed their perspective on nxt after all it has proven itself.
People are afraid of what they don't understand. that's what happened when nxt decided to stand out to be the first 2.0 crypto.
Let's face it, nxt opened the doors to a whole new level of crypto 2.0 competition, just like bitcoin, nxt is an innovator!

ps. you may have registered longer than other peoples but you certainly don't look like you have as much experience. XRP is BANK 2.0 it has it's own needs and has its own potential but it is not a crypto-currency, it is centralized.

Totally agreed. NXT is what got me to take the whole 'Crypto 2.0' thing seriously. Strong dev support made it an even easier decision.

This.

Bitcointalk member since 2013! Smiley
Eamorr

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 05:16:20 PM

This.

Who cares about their great devs? Anyway, the best devs end up working for the richest companies. Bringing crypto mainstream is not a technical problem.

NXT don't have the networks or the capability to network with banks and government.

If NXT had their own territory (or owned a 1,000 acre a hippie commune), it could work great. Unless they get away from their terminals and get out into the real world, NXT doesn't have a hope in hell.
bram_vnl
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 09:01:11 PM

NKT NAKAMOTODARK
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: