Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:21:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is wrong with this place?  (Read 2376 times)
lanternblue (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 09:08:51 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2012, 09:49:38 PM by lanternblue

People keep pretending to be banks and asking for things like collateral or credit score, but they don't have the means to provide a legal document that both parties can sign to make such loans possible.

Also, why are loans so small and short. Are lenders poor here? Or are they just being paranoid?

Are they not aware that the longer and the larger the loan amount, the higher the return on investment?

I mean like what do you expect me to do with a 1 BTC loan? Also why would you put a percentage on top of a 1 BTC loan if it's only been 3-8 hours? With a regular bank, you can actually just give the money back because very little time has passed and no interest has incurred yet.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 09:10:24 PM

Tough day at the ole scamming mill boss?  Crack open a cold one and rant on about the suckers not being suckers and making it easy for ya!

Back in my day you could get a 100 BTC loan with just a noob account and a good story.  Now those were some good scamming days

In case anyone is wondering.  Mr "Whats wrong with this place" is upset that nobody was willing to hand over 1,000 BTC to an anonymous person with no skills, no rep, no collateral based on a one line proposal to "join in on the ASICS revolution".
Coinbuck @ BTCLot

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

The future begins today

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2012, 09:15:10 PM

Just for those who are a bit distracted:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91726.0

Bitcoin is the future !
lanternblue (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 09:43:50 PM

Tough day at the ole scamming mill boss?  Crack open a cold one and rant on about the suckers not being suckers and making it easy for ya!

Back in my day you could get a 100 BTC loan with just a noob account and a good story.  Now those were some good scamming days

In case anyone is wondering.  Mr "Whats wrong with this place" is upset that nobody was willing to hand over 1,000 BTC to an anonymous person with no skills, no rep, no collateral based on a one line proposal to "join in on the ASICS revolution".

Get lost you raging homosexual, it's probably easiear to put my 13 inch wang up your hoohoo rather than taking your stinking BITCH-coins.

I have more skills, I don't care about rep that's bullshit anyways, obviously I have collateral moron otherwise it would not be on the first post.

And the rest of your post is just a raging homosexual faggot post because you were probably a geek who was abused in every way while you were growing up, why do you even mine coins buddy, what are you like 65? Go get a job and make money like the rest of your stinking ass old man generation.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 09:45:38 PM

Get lost you raging homosexual, it's probably easiear to put my 13 inch wang up your hoohoo rather than taking your stinking BITCH-coins.

I have more skills, I don't care about rep that's bullshit anyways, obviously I have collateral moron otherwise it would not be on the first post.

And the rest of your post is just a raging homosexual faggot post because you were probably a geek who was abused in every way while you were growing up, why do you even mine coins buddy, what are you like 65? Go get a job and make money like the rest of your stinking ass old man generation.

You better change the thread subject to: "What is wrong with me?"
lanternblue (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 09:45:45 PM

Just for those who are a bit distracted:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91726.0

Yeah and so what?
lanternblue (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 09:47:02 PM

What's wrong with your cock, loser?

Can't get a girl and live on the message boards, psycho?
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 09:51:21 PM

This is geting nice and warm and fuzzy.

Can you guys smell the desperate scammer scent already?
PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 09:52:17 PM

People keep pretending to be banks and asking for things like collateral or credit score, but they don't have the means to provide a legal document that both parties can sign to make such loans possible.

Also, why are loans so small and short. Are lenders poor here? Or are they just being paranoid?

Are they not aware that the longer and the larger the loan amount, the higher the return on investment?

I mean like what do you expect me to do with a 1 BTC loan? Also why would you put a percentage on top of a 1 BTC loan if it's only been 3-8 hours? With a regular bank, you can actually just give the money back because very little time has passed and no interest has incurred yet.

I have posted into Lanternblue's request thread and received a pm as well asking for loan requirements.  It is pretty simple I'm not going to extend credit on something that doesn't exist.  However, this post is worth responding to.

I can and have provided legal documents for some people to execute.  I don't pretend to be a "bank", and to avoid simple theft it is sensible to find out some basic things about someone asking for money.

Loans are short because the interest rates (to cover risk of default) makes long term loans prohibitively expensive.
They are also small because for many people getting into bitcoins, 5BTC is a fortune, and lenders don't like plopping 500 coins down on an unknown person.

Personally, I don't expect someone to do anything with a one day, 1BTC loan.

I would also observe that coming into the lending section and swearing at everyone is not a good tactic.  Jcole tried that, as have several others.
danieldaniel

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 10:09:59 PM

What's wrong with your cock, loser?

Can't get a girl and live on the message boards, psycho?
You mad bro?

copumpkin
Donator

Activity: 266
Merit: 252

I'm actually a pineapple

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 10:23:53 PM

I was going to answer with a real explanation of the unique conditions that make Bitcoin lending what it is, but if you're going to insult everyone around here, I'm not going to bother. You obviously can't handle your anger issues towards people you've never met and have interacted with once or twice, and I hate to think what entering a business relationship worth thousands of dollars (in which things might not go your way) with you would be like.
EnergyVampire

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 10:26:05 PM

IBTL

grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 10:31:37 PM

So mature...

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 10:32:34 PM

Oh someone is pissed, been trying so hard to scam and been confronted in sockpup accounts and prob including this one you have here? that's what it looks to me.

I'm luvin it, every little bit. Btw, you should take a good watch at this and pay very close attention.

Scammer Commits Suicide In The Courtroom After Being Convicted of Arson
CecilNiosaki

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 10:40:14 PM

How classy.
hashking

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 10:55:19 PM

Everyone hurry, give this guy a loan. 
phantitox

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 10:58:44 PM

this  revolution?

Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 11:16:04 PM

Oh no you didn't finish highschool

Do you kiss your boyfriend with that mouth?

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
waltmarkers

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2012, 12:52:33 AM

And I was just about to give him 500 BTC for 6 months with no doc or collateral. Just call me countrywide.
AndrewBUD

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2012, 12:54:46 AM

LOL.... Raging Homosexual.............. OP your the butt hurt one here..

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀