Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:19:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to live off of your Bitcoins?  (Read 4789 times)
westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
July 23, 2012, 07:43:57 AM

Another way is to get 50x of your annual expenses saved in bitcoin form. Then just sell 2% of al your bitcoins slowly every year.

Enjoy your life while you are at it. You mileage (50x and 2%) may vary.

If I could only get BTC exchanged for a NON US currency such as the CAD in physical form and then convert CAD into USD in physical form and spend that using money order when needed and cash for the rest, that would be the best way I can see from avoiding the banks all together.

Am I wrong?

Why would you need to go through an intermediate currency?

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
flaxceed

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

>>Note new email flaxceed@tormail.org<<

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 06:59:41 AM

If you want the benefits of being an American citizen then pay your taxes.  I get paid crap at my job and yet a portion goes to Uncle Sam.  If you aren't going to be able to pay your taxes and live off bitcoin.....maybe you aren't going to live off of bitcoin.

That or go move to Singapore or whatever the hell.

by benefits, i guess you mean helping America pay the 154 billion dollars per year in interest that is owed on the 16 trillion dollar debt?  definitely you want to support the system that has the highest degree of economic inequality in the modern world.  you need to pay taxes on your little paycheck so people with great big ones don't have to pay nearly so much.  and it just feels good, doesn't it brother?  it feels good to pay 35% so the mega-rich can pay 14%- right?  it's what Jesus wants.

let me ask- are you still one of those spewing the rhetoric that America is the greatest country on the planet?  that you are leading the world because you represent freedom?  i feel like a good veteran's parade.  let's wave the stars and stripes for the kids we put through a meat grinder to get cheap oil!  praise Jesus.

your country is imploding, and you are too ignorant to see it and too cowardly to do anything about it.  it's cute that American economists are predicting that China's economy will be larger than the USA in 2035, and everyone else is predicting 2015.  you do understand that you are the laughing stock of the world, right?

//////////////////////////////////////////////
>>>>>>flaxceed@tormail.org<<<<<<
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

>>>  NOTE:  This is a new email address.  It is now tormail.org, and no longer tormail.net!  <<<

zvs
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1000

https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2012, 07:20:34 AM

If you want the benefits of being an American citizen then pay your taxes.  I get paid crap at my job and yet a portion goes to Uncle Sam.  If you aren't going to be able to pay your taxes and live off bitcoin.....maybe you aren't going to live off of bitcoin.

That or go move to Singapore or whatever the hell.

by benefits, i guess you mean helping America pay the 154 billion dollars per year in interest that is owed on the 16 trillion dollar debt?  definitely you want to support the system that has the highest degree of economic inequality in the modern world.  you need to pay taxes on your little paycheck so people with great big ones don't have to pay nearly so much.  and it just feels good, doesn't it brother?  it feels good to pay 35% so the mega-rich can pay 14%- right?  it's what Jesus wants.

let me ask- are you still one of those spewing the rhetoric that America is the greatest country on the planet?  that you are leading the world because you represent freedom?  i feel like a good veteran's parade.  let's wave the stars and stripes for the kids we put through a meat grinder to get cheap oil!  praise Jesus.

your country is imploding, and you are too ignorant to see it and too cowardly to do anything about it.  it's cute that American economists are predicting that China's economy will be larger than the USA in 2035, and everyone else is predicting 2015.  you do understand that you are the laughing stock of the world, right?

MOAR TAX CUTS FOR JOB CREAT0RZ

supply side economics  fail
SysRun

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 04:37:20 PM

This post reminds me of that documentary where some dude lives exclusively off of craigslist free stuff. It would be interesting to see someone do the same thing with bitcoins.

Who is a videographer here? get to it!

Images are not allowed. As your member rank increases, you can use more types of styling in your signature, and your signature can be longer. See the stickies in Meta for more info.
Max 2000; characters remaining: 1781
trentzb

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 02:12:13 AM

Move to Barbados, Cayman Islands, Ecuador, Estonia, Isle of Man, Singapore or any other country without any capital gains tax.  You could also become a sovereign citizen and hop around the planet with multiple residencies and passports.

Sovereign citizen is an oxymoron. I am sure that was your intent right?
moocow1452

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

Don't mind me.

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 03:11:16 PM

There is this awesome book called The $100 Startup by Chris Guillebeau that is inspirational crack cocaine to self starting entrepreneurs. Give it a search if you don't mind using my Amazon Link, it's talks a lot about how people have done work and examples of such, and has a drawn out section on the life of a traveling entrepreneur.
sunnankar
Legendary

Activity: 1031
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 07:08:24 PM

Move to Barbados, Cayman Islands, Ecuador, Estonia, Isle of Man, Singapore or any other country without any capital gains tax.  You could also become a sovereign citizen and hop around the planet with multiple residencies and passports.

I think his intent was the perpetual traveler theory for Sovereign Individuals (which you should read!).

silverfuture
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1008

central banking = outdated protocol

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 04:58:08 AM

I think his intent was the perpetual traveler theory for Sovereign Individuals (which you should read!).

Thanks for the correction. I was aware of the distinction but overlooked it at the time of writing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NastyFans - The Fan Club for Bitcoin Enthusiasts | MININGCOINS | POOL | ESCROW
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: