Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 04:56:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: The towel is in the ring.  (Read 4076 times)
kwukduck (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 03:26:28 AM

Now that the return of Bitstamp has proven not to boost the market in any way, i think its safe to say that even big players now realize it's done and only going down from here.

I think the return if Bitstamp was the only thing that could have boosted the value a little.
Why do people keep talking about 'but the fundamentals dare there', no they are not, that's why we have 200 altcoins that are almost every one of them better than bitcoin in at least one aspect.

Bitcoin has a fail mining approach, PoW.
Bitcoin mining is centralized.
Bitcoin has failed distribution.
Bitcoin has slow confirmations.
Bitcoin development has practically stopped.
Bitcoin blockchain is bulky, its 30gb how much if it would be adopted, impossible to sustain.
Most bitcoin transactions are of criminal nature.

Please tell me why you invest still?

Colored coins? Not going to happen.
Side Chains? Not going to happen.
EFT? Not going to happen.

Enlighten me oh holy permabulls.

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
NotHatinJustTrollin

Activity: 462
Merit: 107

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2015, 03:39:06 AM

It's dead, it's done.

Bitcoiners, do you have any valid arguments that justify your efforts to get innocent people into this free falling clumsy mess of a pump&dump pyramid scheme?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd0fBXwDBmo

jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1073

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 03:47:07 AM

It is weekend and start of year.

Wait some time for some moves.

BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 03:51:43 AM

When it takes less than 30,000 coins to knock us down to 0...

This is not an economy, it's an experiment

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
Warren Buffert

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 03:52:49 AM

The fundamentals are still intact.™

Bitcoin is virtual boy betamax laser disc the Internet... and... bitcoin is technology that is backed by maths and so therefore it cannot possibly fail.
BittBurger

Activity: 924

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 03:53:59 AM

1)  Stop looking at the market price, dumb idiots

2)  Bitcoins destiny won't be related to its market behavior until consumer adoption begins to affect it.

3)  Right now the entire market "world" is a bunch of day traders, manipulators, speculators, and whales.  

4)  The Bitcoin Market has nothing to with whats going on -------> out there in the field.  In the ecosystem.

5)  The ecosystem is building its infrastructure.  Then will come consumer / enterprise adoption.  

6)  Then you will see a Bitcoin market price that is affected by its actual utility and use.

Not a day before.

Until then, the Bitcoin price has nothing to do with Bitcoin.  Its potential for success.  Nor its potential for failure.

Period.

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
NotHatinJustTrollin

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2015, 03:54:12 AM

On top of that regarding ETFs, we now know that Second Market Investment Fund investors can't liquidate their holdings.

Basically they are stuck bagholding and watching the price tank while Barry Silbert posts shit like this (he refers to BTC breaking $300 and free falling from there):
https://twitter.com/barrysilbert/status/551533923663355904

This is the world of bitcoin gentlemen.

BTC will either die in a crash of gigantic proportions, or it will slowly be forgotten and gradually waste your life.

In any case, the game's over.

Morecoin Freeman

Activity: 854
Merit: 503

Legendary trader

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 03:59:42 AM

Why do some users make the same threads every other day?
Yea you think bitcoin is not here to stay etc... I figured. See you in couple days in your newest thread?

Ask the stranger he knows who you really are.
NotHatinJustTrollin

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2015, 04:00:26 AM

2)  Bitcoins destiny won't be related to its market behavior until consumer adoption begins to affect it.

3)  Right now the entire market "world" is a bunch of day traders, manipulators, speculators, and whales.  

4)  The Bitcoin Market has nothing to with whats going on -------> out there in the field.  In the ecosystem.

5)  The ecosystem is building its infrastructure.  Then will come consumer / enterprise adoption.  

6)  Then you will see a Bitcoin market price that is affected by its actual utility and use.

Not a day before.

Until then, the Bitcoin price has nothing to do with Bitcoin.  Its potential for success.  Nor its potential for failure.

Period.

-B-
If by "adoption" you mean merchants accepting USD payments from a BITCOIN DUMP though BitPay, or people using BTC as a store of value and losing 70% of its purchasing power in a year, then sure, "adoption".

BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 04:01:30 AM

Yea you think bitcoin is not here to stay etc... I figured. See you in couple days in your newest thread?

He's a NXThead Roll Eyes

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 04:05:54 AM

Not a day before.

Period.

-B-
Point, set, match! Bitcoin ain't going nowhere. Too many people are focused on the short term price and let the trolls scare them to death. Gotta have a strong stomach lining if ya want to reap the rewards down the line.
montreal

Activity: 328
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 04:09:17 AM

has speculation always had many of these types of threads (2011-2012)? or did they not become common until 2013

DAEX ◄► RELIABLE CLEARING ECOSYSTEM ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ANNWHITEPAPERBOUNTY 
podyx
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 04:36:09 AM

CEG5952

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 05:12:36 AM

Just wait for New Money Monday! Tongue

It's just a down trend. Strong 4-5 year bull market. Where we are is not unreasonable. Honestly, I could see us at sub-$50 a year or two from now, and would not be surprised with a long term bullish resolution (new ATHs) in time. Mean reversion is a bitch. Wink

cryptocult live

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 05:15:40 AM

i buy bitcoin to trade alts, not for holding it anymore though.
I hope we can get soon another basecurrency because this one sucks.
chopstick
Legendary

Activity: 992
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 05:29:41 AM

Wow look at that someone who has been trolling bitcointalk for like 3 years, has 800+ activity and doesn't even believe in bitcoin anymore.

Why are you here again? Go troll elsewhere

No one has patience anymore it seems, not everything has to happen at once.
poncho32

Activity: 316
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 06:01:03 AM

The OP could have said everything in the latest tulips thread. It would have saved opening a new thread to say the same things.
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 06:05:40 AM

all aboard the PPC train!   choo choo!
dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 06:09:11 AM

Not a day before.

Period.

-B-

I agree with that.  I don't see how one can declare a 50-year-like experiment as done and over after not even a decade.

Marbit

Activity: 686

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 06:10:25 AM

I don't think the current price has anything to with its success. That doesn't mean I stay long in a down trend. Wink
dinofelis

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 06:33:16 AM

If by "adoption" you mean merchants accepting USD payments from a BITCOIN DUMP though BitPay, or people using BTC as a store of value and losing 70% of its purchasing power in a year, then sure, "adoption".

That's a first, and necessary step: retailer adoption.  Of course they have to convert immediately to fiat, as their costs are billed in fiat.  This implies fast coin turnover, high velocity, and low bitcoin value.

Once this is generalized, and it becomes second nature to be able to buy stuff in bitcoin from retailers (implying low bitcoin price for this fundamental), then suppliers might be interested in being paid in bitcoin.  It may become interesting to receive part of one's salary in bitcoin (as most retailers accept it).
And *that* implies suddenly that not all retailer bills are in fiat.  That implies that retailers will not convert systematically all in fiat, because they can spend the coins themselves (in salaries, in bills of their suppliers....).

That will:
1) boost the amount of stuff bought with bitcoin
2) make holding times much longer

and hence imply much higher prices (longer holding times, and larger volumes of traded value).

At that point, if ever, bitcoin will have become a currency.  Price will then be determined by the monetary formula.

Bitcoin can also have other fundamentals, such as "store of value" a la gold, but I don't believe in that until people get much more confidence in it.

This is a multi-decade program.

asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 11:10:51 AM

Now that the return of Bitstamp has proven not to boost the market in any way, i think its safe to say that even big players now realize it's done and only going down from here.

I think the return if Bitstamp was the only thing that could have boosted the value a little.
Why do people keep talking about 'but the fundamentals dare there', no they are not, that's why we have 200 altcoins that are almost every one of them better than bitcoin in at least one aspect.

Bitcoin blockchain is bulky, its 30gb how much if it would be adopted, impossible to sustain.

maybe, it's ETF...and yes, it's going to happen!
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 11:57:33 AM

It's dead, it's done.

Bitcoiners, do you have any valid arguments that justify your efforts to get innocent people into this free falling clumsy mess of a pump&dump pyramid scheme?

What a complete load of dismissive cobblers.

Have a look back at the history of the bitcoin market. It's littered with posts like this all the way back to 2010. We got our rise in December 2013 and it's spent a year consolidating. So what ?

It took 10 years before buying an airline ticket with a web browser even began to become commonplace. It was probably another 5 years after that that it became the norm.

We're talking about money and the financial system here. Probably the most conservative and inertia oriented sector in all of humanity. The fact that people will pay any money at all for a string of characters that you can't spend anywhere except a tiny number of select establishments is a massive hole in the dam. The cat is out of the bag and it's not going back in now.
DeadCoin

Activity: 1246
Merit: 261

★ Investor | Trader | Promoter

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 12:27:29 PM

There is still an opportunity to sell internet funny money close to $300, this shouldn't be taken for granted. One or two years from now, it will look like a bargain.
de3mka

Activity: 102
Merit: 13

How do I change an avatar?

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 12:42:12 PM

has speculation always had many of these types of threads (2011-2012)? or did they not become common until 2013
No, there was a Newbie section where newbs had first to educate themselves and earn some activity points to be able to go to Speculation trollbox section.

BTC: 16o89714EG9WGyi39NxifutFYk55QkxqQK
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 12:46:53 PM

zero is not possible man, you know how much buyers will pop up if we even go below 100? let alone something crazy like 1-2, i know my self i would buy a tons
Parazyd

Activity: 812
Merit: 587

Space Lord

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2015, 12:49:33 PM

zero is not possible man, you know how much buyers will pop up if we even go below 100? let alone something crazy like 1-2, i know my self i would buy a tons

This is what I've been saying for a long, long time, and why I was saying that sub-100 are cheap coins.
kwukduck (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 12:51:13 PM

Still waiting for those convincing arguments guys...

NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 01:11:51 PM

Until then, the Bitcoin price has nothing to do with Bitcoin. ...

Ergo, everyone who buys BTC with the expectation that the price will rise is simply retarded.
dinofelis

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 04:33:42 PM

Ergo, everyone who buys BTC with the expectation that the price will rise is simply retarded.

Everyone who thinks that the price of bitcoin can rise without fundamentals such as merchant adoption, is retarded.

If generalized adoption occurs, and that will take decades, the price of bitcoin can be very very high.  But many thought that it was a matter of months or at most a year or so, inspired by the successive manipulations which pushed the price very high without any support.  As long as that increase was a self-fulfilling prophecy, things pumped up, but the last Gox manipulation over $1000 was too high to be sustained with the 10% inflation.

The long decay over more than a year has finally killed all hopes for "the $10 000 rally next month".  But that hope was the pump that made money flow in.

I think the speculative phase (fast to the moon) is now over, and that bitcoin will go to its fundamentals, based upon merchant adoption.

Nothing stops that adoption from pushing the price really very high.  The maximum being about $3 million, if all trade in the world is done in bitcoin.  That's however a multi-decade track.

Eamorr

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 04:53:54 PM

Totally agree.

Some here would have you believe that we're "trolls" or Randle McMurphys.
bakedrice

Activity: 338

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2015, 05:12:41 PM

is that the smell of despair?

NotHatinJustTrollin

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2015, 06:10:10 PM

is that the smell of despair?
Sure thing. Feel free to jump in:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=920101.0

thisisascam

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 06:11:16 PM

not sure if youre aware,but chinese are manipulating the markets mostly.wait for chinese new year.
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 07:02:42 PM

<well worn crap>

It is easy to attack bitcoin whilst the price has slumped for a year. This forum is completely packed full of posters, mostly like you, screaming doomers predicting the end of bitcoin, pleading with bitcoin holders to sell sell sell. It seems strange that so many people would devote so much time to a failing project. Yet every day you are here, without fail, day after day Smiley

The exchange price is in the doldrums. But this has all happened before several times. Cyclical markets are a normal phenomenon. Most of you 'traders' will go broke in the next year or two. You all predicted the last bull runs, right? Oh wait.

The funny thing about the end of a bear market is that at that point it seems that noone is interested in buying. That is also the best time to buy. Every time the market 'drops' due to buying and selling of a tiny number of coins on exchanges there is someone buying the sold coins. Some will recycle in this process but not all, and the top 500 addresses continue to accumulate, whilst bitcoin-days-destroyed is flat. The price could drop another 50 or 100 dollars further. It could crash even lower. I will just buy more. And I can buy lots more. In a way I hope it does drop a bit more so I can go over 200 coins this year for pretty trivial amounts of money in the grand scheme of things.

I believe in bitcoin as a idea and hope it succeeds. It is a revolutionary technology that has the potential to change the world and disrupt the global banking system.

Troll on Smiley
chaoman

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 07:05:51 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

just look at all this fear on this forum. This is just a symptom of the future bull run. Remember the old verbiage. move against the crowd when playing markets.
NotHatinJustTrollin

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2015, 07:12:14 PM
Last edit: January 11, 2015, 07:40:41 PM by NotHatinJustTrollin

<well worn crap>

It is easy to attack bitcoin whilst the price has slumped for a year. This forum is completely packed full of posters, mostly like you, screaming doomers predicting the end of bitcoin, pleading with bitcoin holders to sell sell sell. It seems strange that so many people would devote so much time to a failing project. Yet every day you are here, without fail, day after day Smiley
So we "want cheap coins"? is that your explanation?

The exchange price is in the doldrums. But this has all happened before several times. Cyclical markets are a normal phenomenon. Most of you 'traders' will go broke in the next year or two. You all predicted the last bull runs, right? Oh wait.

The funny thing about the end of a bear market is that at that point it seems that noone is interested in buying. That is also the best time to buy. Every time the market 'drops' due to buying and selling of a tiny number of coins on exchanges there is someone buying the sold coins. Some will recycle in this process but not all, and the top 500 addresses continue to accumulate, whilst bitcoin-days-destroyed is flat. The price could drop another 50 or 100 dollars further. It could crash even lower. I will just buy more. And I can buy lots more. In a way I hope it does drop a bit more so I can go over 200 coins this year for pretty trivial amounts of money in the grand scheme of things.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=920101.0

Bubbles in the past like the south sea bubble, the dotcom bubble, the tulip bubble were just cycles, yes. Cycles that continued going up long term forevah and evah after their "bear markets"...
Nope.

Hint: the tulip bubble had a mini-bubble too before the big pump, had a bear market and recovered. Still after the big pump, THE bubble bursted. Like BTC, doesn't matter if it recovered in previous pump&dumps bubble cycles.

I believe in bitcoin as a idea and hope it succeeds. It is a revolutionary technology that has the potential to change the world and disrupt the global banking system.

Troll on Smiley
It's a failed experiment that is plummeting.
Good luck changing the world and disrupting the global banking system with a currency that cannot handle large-scale economies.

If instead of saying "it's a revolutionary technology" you could give concrete arguments against what OP said instead of calling it "well worn crap" we could go somewhere.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

just look at all this fear on this forum. This is just a symptom of the future bull run. Remember the old verbiage. move against the crowd when playing markets.
You are clearly very smart.
Check the link I posted, scientist.

Warren Buffert

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 07:28:55 PM

"Trolls" are an easy target for the the bulltards to direct their anger. You see, they can't present any articulate argument as to why people would ever want to buy bitcoins -- aside from gambling and speculating -- so they just pin the fault of this failed experiment on the trolls and otherwise continue to bury their heads in the sand.

The communists tried the same tricks in the Soviet times. When it becomes clear that things aren't working, pin all the blame on the subversive actions of counter revolutionaries and send them to the gulags! Fortunately the bulltards don't have any political power and will forever be losers!

Watch litecoin... this is an exact microcosm of what is happening to bitcoin! Watch as it flatlines and falls, more and more, on its way back to complete obscurity.
NotHatinJustTrollin

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2015, 07:33:10 PM

That's a first, and necessary step: retailer adoption.  Of course they have to convert immediately to fiat, as their costs are billed in fiat.  This implies fast coin turnover, high velocity, and low bitcoin value.

Once this is generalized, and it becomes second nature to be able to buy stuff in bitcoin from retailers (implying low bitcoin price for this fundamental), then suppliers might be interested in being paid in bitcoin.  It may become interesting to receive part of one's salary in bitcoin (as most retailers accept it).
And *that* implies suddenly that not all retailer bills are in fiat.  That implies that retailers will not convert systematically all in fiat, because they can spend the coins themselves (in salaries, in bills of their suppliers....).

That will:
1) boost the amount of stuff bought with bitcoin
2) make holding times much longer

and hence imply much higher prices (longer holding times, and larger volumes of traded value).

At that point, if ever, bitcoin will have become a currency.  Price will then be determined by the monetary formula.

Bitcoin can also have other fundamentals, such as "store of value" a la gold, but I don't believe in that until people get much more confidence in it.

This is a multi-decade program.

People should start getting paid in bitcoin, use it as a store of value you say and merchants should keep their coins. But why would they do that in the first place?
Price is plummeting. Whoever is getting paid in bitcoin or using it as a store of value is losing A LOT of money.

Price is plummeting because there is no demand (or at least no demand considering the selling pressure of miners, bagholders, early adopters, traders) and a general lack of confidence. Selling pressure from merchants keeping their coins instead of getting USD with BitPay is just a tiny part of the equation, they will still lose money and risk with the volatility if they keep them, basically being martyrs for something that might not even change. Price can still continue to fall.
Again, why would they use BTC as a store of value or be paid in BTC in the first place?

We are at the old bitcoin paradox: In order for bitcoin to be useful and not screw people over its value needs to rise. But for its value to rise it needs to be useful.

#Problem

kwukduck (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 07:41:35 PM

Well the predictions are still on track 3-5% decline daily.

SirChiko
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 07:43:30 PM

Well the predictions are still on track 3-5% decline daily.
What preddictions?

The only online casino on which i won something. I made 17mBTC from 1mBTC in like 15 minutes.  This is not paid AD!

▀Check it out yourself▀
NotHatinJustTrollin

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2015, 07:46:38 PM

And price plummets as we speak.

But sure: manipulation, natural bear market, just a cycle, despair phase. bull market incoming.

Buy, hold and get REKT and lose everything profit, go for it.

LittleDigger

Merit: 251

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 08:02:37 PM

Wow, A newbie account spreading FUD, supported by other newbies, none of which could possibly be shills...

Never seen that before...

Warren Buffert

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 08:05:36 PM

Wow, A newbie account spreading FUD, supported by other newbies, none of which could possibly be shills...

Never seen that before...

You're free to present a well reasoned counter argument to any of the points raised in this thread...

*chirp* *chirp*
LittleDigger

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 08:15:01 PM

What well reasoned argument ?

That Bitcoin is a communist plot by "bulltards" ?

I think it's best not to challenge your psychosis, mainly because I have absolutely no regard for your opinion.

crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 08:15:40 PM

I'll bite:

--> Not true. Thanks to PoW Bitcoin also has an incredibly invested ecosystem which keeps it more faithful than most of those alt-coins with supposidly improved systems. Not to mention that PoW actually does work, and will be even more important in the future.

--> It was always expected to become centralized to some degree. Besides- don't you want professionals confirming transactions? The hobbyiest was necessary for bootstraping the network, not forever.  

--> bogus

--> this has been discussed, not a problem.

--> also not true. Its just very slow considering how much money depends on it. Gavin has posted recently about the new block sizes coming and have you not seen the 10 candidate release?

--> So is your mother.

HAHAHAHA. Sorry I had too. You don't need to run a full node- you can always prune if it's a problem.

--> bogus.

--> They are already happening.

--> Well that will be easy to prove. Lets see- 2015 will be just as dramatic as always in bitcoinland.

more or less retired.
NotLambchop

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 08:17:42 PM

.@LittleDigger:  Which scamcoin is your avatar?
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 08:18:01 PM

Still waiting for those convincing arguments guys...

http://www.ericsson.com/industry-transformation/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2014/11/ict-and-the-future-of-financial-services.pdf

not sure if you guys care to read 44 pages. just one example.

those who are not convinced, just don't come here anymore. as long as the trolls have their Party in here, i know bitcoin will succeed. if doomtrolls lose interest i get concerned.
Eamorr

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 08:21:18 PM

I'll bite:

--> Not true. Thanks to PoW Bitcoin also has an incredibly invested ecosystem which keeps it more faithful than most of those alt-coins with supposidly improved systems. Not to mention that PoW actually does work, and will be even more important in the future.

--> It was always expected to become centralized to some degree. Besides- don't you want professionals confirming transactions? The hobbyiest was necessary for bootstraping the network, not forever.  

--> bogus

--> this has been discussed, not a problem.

--> also not true. Its just very slow considering how much money depends on it. Gavin has posted recently about the new block sizes coming and have you not seen the 10 candidate release?

--> So is your mother.

HAHAHAHA. Sorry I had too. You don't need to run a full node- you can always prune if it's a problem.

--> bogus.

--> Well that will be easy to prove. Lets see- 2015 will be just as dramatic as always in bitcoinland.

On Graham's Hierarchy of Disagreement, I'd say you're somewhere around the pink/orange zone. Do continue.
LittleDigger

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 08:24:18 PM

NotLambChop is definitely in the orange.. Probably lacks the intelligence for sophism Tongue

NotLambchop

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 08:27:46 PM

NotLambChop is definitely in the orange.. Probably lacks the intelligence for sophism Tongue

So...  Which scamcoin is that again?
And why do you Bitcoiners always reach for five-dollar words when ur butthurt?
Eamorr

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 08:30:24 PM

Do you believe XRP is a "scamcoin"?
NotLambchop

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 08:35:43 PM

What does Ripple have to do with any of this?
LittleDigger

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 08:38:18 PM

Sigh, learn to use google, or least read..

I notice your pretty new, but you already have a reputation as a scammer..

I think you are "butthurt", and projecting the qualities you possess onto others..

Now I'm going to talk with adults, but please continue your attention seeking..

Ripple has as much to do with this as my avatar...

Eamorr

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 08:41:55 PM

What does Ripple have to do with any of this?

Because those who have decided to leave BTC are now in XRP.

The only reason the BTC market cap is still respectable is because LTCers first instinct was to flee to the "safety" of BTC.
chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 08:42:35 PM

What if all these beartards were actually paid by or part of a group or groups that just want to crash btc so they can buy really cheap coins before it pumps again?
The reason I ask this is why would someone devote so much time and keystrokes to something they honestly believe is failing? sorry if I don't buy any reason related to trying to save anyone any money by buying into a falling asset. I find it impossible to believe they give a shit.
NotLambchop

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 08:46:04 PM

Sigh, learn to use google, or least read..

HAHAHAHA thx 4 teh tip Cheesy

Eamorr

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 08:47:20 PM

What if all these beartards were actually paid by or part of a group or groups that just want to crash btc so they can buy really cheap coins before it pumps again?
The reason I ask this is why would someone devote so much time and keystrokes to something they honestly believe is failing? sorry if I don't buy any reason related to trying to save anyone any money by buying into a falling asset. I find it impossible to believe they give a shit.

That's right. It's a conspiracy.

To be honest, I am very happy to have had access to this forum over the last year. If there's a market movement, I come here almost straight away to see what the cause is. All I'm doing is looking out for my fellow bitcoiners. I will buy into BTC again when I see an opportunity, but that's the only reason I'll buy in. The real action is increasingly elsewhere.
LittleDigger

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 09:11:20 PM

That's right. It's a conspiracy.

To be honest, I am very happy to have had access to this forum over the last year. If there's a market movement, I come here almost straight away to see what the cause is. All I'm doing is looking out for my fellow bitcoiners. I will buy into BTC again when I see an opportunity, but that's the only reason I'll buy in. The real action is increasingly elsewhere.

Yeap, I'm waiting for a bottom so I can stash away a few more but I don't think the decline has quite finished yet. There was 334 million invested by venture capital in the "bitcoin ecosystem" in 2014, and it'll take a little while for those startups to become productive. I'm not expecting a quick return, but when all is said and done if in five years my bitcoins are worth nothing, I've already made a profit. I've been on the sidelines for a few months now, but I'm guessing that shill accounts still spread propaganda to try and change market sentiment in the forums and various chats. The thing that concerns me most about the success of bitcoin is regulation, so I don't take it as a given that it will be a success, but it's certainly much closer than it was in 2011.

HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 09:32:28 PM

Why all the manipulation talk? This is just a market. An illiquid one, sure, but one entity/group can only pump/suppress price for so long.
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 09:34:43 PM

lol good one, do you have any statistics which prove this statement ?
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 09:38:05 PM

BTC
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 09:50:27 PM

lol good one, do you have any statistics which prove this statement ?

Of course not. Presenting the facts are nearly impossible unless they are involved in ALL of the criminal transactions that use BTC...

Roll Eyes

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

2dogs
Legendary

Activity: 1267

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 10:40:13 PM

OMG, not another one of these threads.... Roll Eyes
kwukduck (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 01:23:14 AM

I love the argument that backing development is just slow and bog changes are upon us.
However true that may be, the market is already fckd up as it is, a hard fork will be the killing blow for bitcoin, it will likely cause the biggest panic sale we have ever seen in this market.

BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 01:24:39 AM

I love the argument that backing development is just slow and bog changes are upon us.
However true that may be, the market is already fckd up as it is, a hard fork will be the killing blow for bitcoin, it will likely cause the biggest panic sale we have ever seen in this market.

Ripple is SHIT Smiley

johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 02:25:08 AM

QE has stopped, no new money injection, everything's price will go down. But we will see other area be impacted first, I think it will start with raw material and energy sector and spread into other manufacturing industry, finally end products like house/car etc...

Soon FED will have to restart the QE to prevent the next gigantic crash of everything and this time all the money will first go into bitcoin, let's wait and see  Wink

NotHatinJustTrollin

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 02:27:51 AM
Last edit: January 12, 2015, 05:29:08 PM by NotHatinJustTrollin

...the next gigantic crash of everything and this time all the money will first go into bitcoin, let's wait and see  Wink
Sure, there is blood in the streets and the first thing people think about is putting what they have in a free falling joke currency.

Of course.

Because if you still didn't get it, the Cyprus bail-outs (for example) were just hype excuse for a bitcoin pump&dump. Pretty much nobody from Cyprus actually started putting money in fucking bitcoin.

redhawk979

Activity: 271

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 02:51:03 AM

I think the biggest threat at the moment isn't price, but the potential impending fork (if Gavin has his way). There's a good chance a decent portion of miners will not upgrade, causing major issues.
VoR0220

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 09:40:44 AM

While I agree on the POW and lack of scalability, I do think that two projects are working on some great solutions that can very easily be integrated into the Bitcoin source code if the miners will let them. They are DPOS from Bitshares, and the scalability solutions using patricia trees that is being used with Ethereum. These two projects are game changers when it comes to cryptocurrency and if Gavin doesn't implement anything they put in when it is shown that these methods work, I think Bitcoin will go the way of Napster and die (I don't understand why everything has to go through bitcoin...if the infrastructure works for bitcoin, chances are it'll work for other cryptocurrencies).
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 10:01:55 AM

While I agree on the POW and lack of scalability, I do think that two projects are working on some great solutions that can very easily be integrated into the Bitcoin source code if the miners will let them. They are DPOS from Bitshares, and the scalability solutions using patricia trees that is being used with Ethereum. These two projects are game changers when it comes to cryptocurrency and if Gavin doesn't implement anything they put in when it is shown that these methods work, I think Bitcoin will go the way of Napster and die (I don't understand why everything has to go through bitcoin...if the infrastructure works for bitcoin, chances are it'll work for other cryptocurrencies).

Reputation based decentralized systems aren't exactly grand slam upgrades, it's removing some attack vectors and creating others....

With PoW, you have to worry about pools colluding.  With DPOS, you have to worry about if half the delegates are really only 1 guy with little ability to find out since reputation can be gamed without much difficulty.  It's a pseudo-expendable resource, not a real one.  DPOS scales better, but it's more dangerous all around.  It's also not inclusive to the population in general.  Anyone can become a Bitcoin miner without an invitation, which is why it's succesful.  DPOS is a closed system.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
freequant

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 12:01:19 PM

The fundamentals are still intact.™

Bitcoin is virtual boy betamax laser disc the Internet... and... bitcoin is technology that is backed by maths and so therefore it cannot possibly fail.
^ that, I'm still HODLing a large stock of x25 adapters and 14.4kbps modems. FUDers can fud all they want about DSL and optic fiber replacing dialup: they are just pissed because they missed the dialup train.
freequant

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 12:20:23 PM

Ripple is SHIT Smiley
Microsoft is shit.
Coca Cola is shit.
Javascript is shit.
The US dollar is shit.
Pop music is shit.

The world isn't fair, sorry.
Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4358

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 01:02:32 PM

Because if you still didn't get it, the Cyprus bail-outs (for example) were just an hype excuse for a bitcoin pump&dump. Pretty much nobody from Cyprus actually started putting money in fucking bitcoin.

Noob, it's not about the Cyprus ppl but the fact ppl around the world dont trust this fiat scam + corrupt goverments.
NotLambchop

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 01:19:12 PM

Because if you still didn't get it, the Cyprus bail-outs (for example) were just an hype excuse for a bitcoin pump&dump. Pretty much nobody from Cyprus actually started putting money in fucking bitcoin.

Noob, it's not about the Cyprus ppl but the fact ppl around the world dont trust this fiat scam + corrupt goverments.

Cypriots only trust Bitcoin scam Cool

Images courtesy of NeoBee, Bitcoin's premiere bank.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 01:21:12 PM

I don't invest, I convert.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
smalltimer

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 01:52:33 PM

bitcoin is a shitcoin with mental disorder and dillusions of grandeur.

The hard-fork issue shows:

-nobody cares about  decentralisation
-nobody cares about the wider userbase
-nobody cares about consensus
-bitcoin is malicious and fearful towards altcoins  
-the bitcoin community is greedy as hell

Time to burry it. I have started to boycott it because it has failed already with the high inflation and i perceive it as cancerous to the wider altcoin industry. Lunatics thinking it would be worth more than the current cap are just that, lunatics.
It is overhyped and overvalued and has fully lost its way. It's in no way what it should have been.
The fork-issue and long bearmarket has shown us the real face of that community.
I convert my btc to alts and fiat. Fork you!

Bitcoin needs to end. Crypto can not evolve or even survive with bitcoin in place. It needs to go.

People need to demand the end of bitcoin and start to boycott it. It's time.
kwukduck (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 01:55:21 PM

I agree.
Bitcoin has become pretty much the opposite from what it stood for initially.
I can only hope people will realize they are getting scammed and invest in the NXT best coin.

Pecunia non olet

Activity: 882

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 02:06:46 PM

we should launch a campaign asking for everyone to put in their signature "boycott bitcoin"

inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 02:08:39 PM

Last three posts are the most obvious altcoin shilling troll posts I have seen for a bit. Jesus.

we should launch a campaign asking for everyone to put in their signature "boycott bitcoin"

I agree.
Bitcoin has become pretty much the opposite from what it stood for initially.
I can only hope people will realize they are getting scammed and invest in the NXT best coin.
bitcoin is a shitcoin with mental disorder and dillusions of grandeur.

The hard-fork issue shows:

-nobody cares about  decentralisation
-nobody cares about the wider userbase
-nobody cares about consensus
-bitcoin is malicious and fearful towards altcoins  
-the bitcoin community is greedy as hell

Time to burry it. I have started to boycott it because it has failed already with the high inflation and i perceive it as cancerous to the wider altcoin industry. Lunatics thinking it would be worth more than the current cap are just that, lunatics.
It is overhyped and overvalued and has fully lost its way. It's in no way what it should have been.
The fork-issue and long bearmarket has shown us the real face of that community.
I convert my btc to alts and fiat. Fork you!

Bitcoin needs to end. Crypto can not evolve or even survive with bitcoin in place. It needs to go.

People need to demand the end of bitcoin and start to boycott it. It's time.
smalltimer

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 02:11:13 PM

with you on that one.
smalltimer

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 02:12:01 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2015, 02:34:45 PM by smalltimer

Last three posts are the most obvious altcoin shilling troll posts I have seen for a bit. Jesus.

we are actually the last ones with some ethics around here.

here's  the campaign:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=921887.0
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 01:28:20 AM

QE has stopped, no new money injection, everything's price will go down. But we will see other area be impacted first, I think it will start with raw material and energy sector and spread into other manufacturing industry, finally end products like house/car etc...

Soon FED will have to restart the QE to prevent the next gigantic crash of everything and this time all the money will first go into bitcoin, let's wait and see  Wink

I was really surprised that the Fed managed to stop QE.
All the banks were engaging their spin doctors to predict doomsday scenarios if QE was stopped...
a fool and his money ...

Activity: 616
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 05:19:14 AM

selloff accelerating. Now exponentially going down.
ndnh
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 05:22:27 AM

Not a day before.

Period.

-B-

Well said. Tongue

That is exactly how it is. It is currently just a tool for whales to make profit. Bitcoin is far away from failure. And the time for the real affect is coming closer than ever.
exocytosis

Activity: 476

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 05:53:45 AM

Uh, this is a Speculation forum. It's dedicated to discussions on Bitcoin price.
smalltimer

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 09:38:14 AM

Uh, this is a Speculation forum. It's dedicated to discussions on Bitcoin price.

These people are all in a pain soon (they already are) because they weren't able to overcome the cognitive dissonance.

They have all been programmed by the last bubble and the talk of the bulltards. Now they can't break out from their programming. Sucks if you're bad at math and invest based on hype.

It's actually the exact same people who toldyou weeks ago about the exponential growth that now tell you 'price doesn't matter'

This is a house of clowns not being able to tell left from right.

HOT AIR!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: