Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 07:33:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The towel is in the ring.  (Read 4076 times)
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 09:34:43 PM

Most bitcoin transactions are of criminal nature.

lol good one, do you have any statistics which prove this statement ?
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 09:38:05 PM

BTC
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 09:50:27 PM

Most bitcoin transactions are of criminal nature.

lol good one, do you have any statistics which prove this statement ?

Of course not. Presenting the facts are nearly impossible unless they are involved in ALL of the criminal transactions that use BTC...

Roll Eyes

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

2dogs
Legendary

Activity: 1267

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 10:40:13 PM

OMG, not another one of these threads.... Roll Eyes
kwukduck (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 01:23:14 AM

I love the argument that backing development is just slow and bog changes are upon us.
However true that may be, the market is already fckd up as it is, a hard fork will be the killing blow for bitcoin, it will likely cause the biggest panic sale we have ever seen in this market.

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 01:24:39 AM

I love the argument that backing development is just slow and bog changes are upon us.
However true that may be, the market is already fckd up as it is, a hard fork will be the killing blow for bitcoin, it will likely cause the biggest panic sale we have ever seen in this market.

Ripple is SHIT Smiley

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 02:25:08 AM

QE has stopped, no new money injection, everything's price will go down. But we will see other area be impacted first, I think it will start with raw material and energy sector and spread into other manufacturing industry, finally end products like house/car etc...

Soon FED will have to restart the QE to prevent the next gigantic crash of everything and this time all the money will first go into bitcoin, let's wait and see  Wink

NotHatinJustTrollin

Activity: 462
Merit: 107

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 02:27:51 AM
Last edit: January 12, 2015, 05:29:08 PM by NotHatinJustTrollin

...the next gigantic crash of everything and this time all the money will first go into bitcoin, let's wait and see  Wink
Sure, there is blood in the streets and the first thing people think about is putting what they have in a free falling joke currency.

Of course.

Because if you still didn't get it, the Cyprus bail-outs (for example) were just hype excuse for a bitcoin pump&dump. Pretty much nobody from Cyprus actually started putting money in fucking bitcoin.

redhawk979

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 02:51:03 AM

I think the biggest threat at the moment isn't price, but the potential impending fork (if Gavin has his way). There's a good chance a decent portion of miners will not upgrade, causing major issues.
VoR0220

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 09:40:44 AM

While I agree on the POW and lack of scalability, I do think that two projects are working on some great solutions that can very easily be integrated into the Bitcoin source code if the miners will let them. They are DPOS from Bitshares, and the scalability solutions using patricia trees that is being used with Ethereum. These two projects are game changers when it comes to cryptocurrency and if Gavin doesn't implement anything they put in when it is shown that these methods work, I think Bitcoin will go the way of Napster and die (I don't understand why everything has to go through bitcoin...if the infrastructure works for bitcoin, chances are it'll work for other cryptocurrencies).
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 10:01:55 AM

While I agree on the POW and lack of scalability, I do think that two projects are working on some great solutions that can very easily be integrated into the Bitcoin source code if the miners will let them. They are DPOS from Bitshares, and the scalability solutions using patricia trees that is being used with Ethereum. These two projects are game changers when it comes to cryptocurrency and if Gavin doesn't implement anything they put in when it is shown that these methods work, I think Bitcoin will go the way of Napster and die (I don't understand why everything has to go through bitcoin...if the infrastructure works for bitcoin, chances are it'll work for other cryptocurrencies).

Reputation based decentralized systems aren't exactly grand slam upgrades, it's removing some attack vectors and creating others....

With PoW, you have to worry about pools colluding.  With DPOS, you have to worry about if half the delegates are really only 1 guy with little ability to find out since reputation can be gamed without much difficulty.  It's a pseudo-expendable resource, not a real one.  DPOS scales better, but it's more dangerous all around.  It's also not inclusive to the population in general.  Anyone can become a Bitcoin miner without an invitation, which is why it's succesful.  DPOS is a closed system.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
freequant

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 12:01:19 PM

The fundamentals are still intact.™

Bitcoin is virtual boy betamax laser disc the Internet... and... bitcoin is technology that is backed by maths and so therefore it cannot possibly fail.
^ that, I'm still HODLing a large stock of x25 adapters and 14.4kbps modems. FUDers can fud all they want about DSL and optic fiber replacing dialup: they are just pissed because they missed the dialup train.
freequant

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 12:20:23 PM

Ripple is SHIT Smiley
Microsoft is shit.
Coca Cola is shit.
Javascript is shit.
The US dollar is shit.
Pop music is shit.

The world isn't fair, sorry.
Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4358

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 01:02:32 PM

Because if you still didn't get it, the Cyprus bail-outs (for example) were just an hype excuse for a bitcoin pump&dump. Pretty much nobody from Cyprus actually started putting money in fucking bitcoin.

Noob, it's not about the Cyprus ppl but the fact ppl around the world dont trust this fiat scam + corrupt goverments.
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 01:19:12 PM

Because if you still didn't get it, the Cyprus bail-outs (for example) were just an hype excuse for a bitcoin pump&dump. Pretty much nobody from Cyprus actually started putting money in fucking bitcoin.

Noob, it's not about the Cyprus ppl but the fact ppl around the world dont trust this fiat scam + corrupt goverments.

Cypriots only trust Bitcoin scam Cool

Images courtesy of NeoBee, Bitcoin's premiere bank.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 01:21:12 PM

Please tell me why you invest still?

I don't invest, I convert.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
smalltimer

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 01:52:33 PM

bitcoin is a shitcoin with mental disorder and dillusions of grandeur.

The hard-fork issue shows:

-nobody cares about  decentralisation
-nobody cares about the wider userbase
-nobody cares about consensus
-bitcoin is malicious and fearful towards altcoins  
-the bitcoin community is greedy as hell

Time to burry it. I have started to boycott it because it has failed already with the high inflation and i perceive it as cancerous to the wider altcoin industry. Lunatics thinking it would be worth more than the current cap are just that, lunatics.
It is overhyped and overvalued and has fully lost its way. It's in no way what it should have been.
The fork-issue and long bearmarket has shown us the real face of that community.
I convert my btc to alts and fiat. Fork you!

Bitcoin needs to end. Crypto can not evolve or even survive with bitcoin in place. It needs to go.

People need to demand the end of bitcoin and start to boycott it. It's time.
kwukduck (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 01:55:21 PM

I agree.
Bitcoin has become pretty much the opposite from what it stood for initially.
I can only hope people will realize they are getting scammed and invest in the NXT best coin.

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
Pecunia non olet

Activity: 882
Merit: 102

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 02:06:46 PM

we should launch a campaign asking for everyone to put in their signature "boycott bitcoin"

inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 02:08:39 PM

Last three posts are the most obvious altcoin shilling troll posts I have seen for a bit. Jesus.

we should launch a campaign asking for everyone to put in their signature "boycott bitcoin"

I agree.
Bitcoin has become pretty much the opposite from what it stood for initially.
I can only hope people will realize they are getting scammed and invest in the NXT best coin.
bitcoin is a shitcoin with mental disorder and dillusions of grandeur.

The hard-fork issue shows:

-nobody cares about  decentralisation
-nobody cares about the wider userbase
-nobody cares about consensus
-bitcoin is malicious and fearful towards altcoins  
-the bitcoin community is greedy as hell

Time to burry it. I have started to boycott it because it has failed already with the high inflation and i perceive it as cancerous to the wider altcoin industry. Lunatics thinking it would be worth more than the current cap are just that, lunatics.
It is overhyped and overvalued and has fully lost its way. It's in no way what it should have been.
The fork-issue and long bearmarket has shown us the real face of that community.
I convert my btc to alts and fiat. Fork you!

Bitcoin needs to end. Crypto can not evolve or even survive with bitcoin in place. It needs to go.

People need to demand the end of bitcoin and start to boycott it. It's time.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: