Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 12:14:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The towel is in the ring.  (Read 4076 times)
kwukduck (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 03:26:28 AM

Now that the return of Bitstamp has proven not to boost the market in any way, i think its safe to say that even big players now realize it's done and only going down from here.

I think the return if Bitstamp was the only thing that could have boosted the value a little.
Why do people keep talking about 'but the fundamentals dare there', no they are not, that's why we have 200 altcoins that are almost every one of them better than bitcoin in at least one aspect.

Bitcoin has a fail mining approach, PoW.
Bitcoin mining is centralized.
Bitcoin has failed distribution.
Bitcoin has slow confirmations.
Bitcoin development has practically stopped.
Bitcoin blockchain is bulky, its 30gb how much if it would be adopted, impossible to sustain.
Most bitcoin transactions are of criminal nature.

Please tell me why you invest still?

Colored coins? Not going to happen.
Side Chains? Not going to happen.
EFT? Not going to happen.

Enlighten me oh holy permabulls.

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
NotHatinJustTrollin

Activity: 462
Merit: 107

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2015, 03:39:06 AM

It's dead, it's done.

Bitcoiners, do you have any valid arguments that justify your efforts to get innocent people into this free falling clumsy mess of a pump&dump pyramid scheme?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd0fBXwDBmo

jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1073

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 03:47:07 AM

It is weekend and start of year.

Wait some time for some moves.

BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 03:51:43 AM

When it takes less than 30,000 coins to knock us down to 0...

This is not an economy, it's an experiment

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
Warren Buffert

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 03:52:49 AM

The fundamentals are still intact.™

Bitcoin is virtual boy betamax laser disc the Internet... and... bitcoin is technology that is backed by maths and so therefore it cannot possibly fail.
BittBurger

Activity: 924

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 03:53:59 AM

1)  Stop looking at the market price, dumb idiots

2)  Bitcoins destiny won't be related to its market behavior until consumer adoption begins to affect it.

3)  Right now the entire market "world" is a bunch of day traders, manipulators, speculators, and whales.  

4)  The Bitcoin Market has nothing to with whats going on -------> out there in the field.  In the ecosystem.

5)  The ecosystem is building its infrastructure.  Then will come consumer / enterprise adoption.  

6)  Then you will see a Bitcoin market price that is affected by its actual utility and use.

Not a day before.

Until then, the Bitcoin price has nothing to do with Bitcoin.  Its potential for success.  Nor its potential for failure.

Period.

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
NotHatinJustTrollin

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2015, 03:54:12 AM

On top of that regarding ETFs, we now know that Second Market Investment Fund investors can't liquidate their holdings.

Basically they are stuck bagholding and watching the price tank while Barry Silbert posts shit like this (he refers to BTC breaking $300 and free falling from there):
https://twitter.com/barrysilbert/status/551533923663355904

This is the world of bitcoin gentlemen.

BTC will either die in a crash of gigantic proportions, or it will slowly be forgotten and gradually waste your life.

In any case, the game's over.

Morecoin Freeman

Activity: 854
Merit: 503

Legendary trader

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 03:59:42 AM

Why do some users make the same threads every other day?
Yea you think bitcoin is not here to stay etc... I figured. See you in couple days in your newest thread?

Ask the stranger he knows who you really are.
NotHatinJustTrollin

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2015, 04:00:26 AM

2)  Bitcoins destiny won't be related to its market behavior until consumer adoption begins to affect it.

3)  Right now the entire market "world" is a bunch of day traders, manipulators, speculators, and whales.  

4)  The Bitcoin Market has nothing to with whats going on -------> out there in the field.  In the ecosystem.

5)  The ecosystem is building its infrastructure.  Then will come consumer / enterprise adoption.  

6)  Then you will see a Bitcoin market price that is affected by its actual utility and use.

Not a day before.

Until then, the Bitcoin price has nothing to do with Bitcoin.  Its potential for success.  Nor its potential for failure.

Period.

-B-
If by "adoption" you mean merchants accepting USD payments from a BITCOIN DUMP though BitPay, or people using BTC as a store of value and losing 70% of its purchasing power in a year, then sure, "adoption".

BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 04:01:30 AM

Yea you think bitcoin is not here to stay etc... I figured. See you in couple days in your newest thread?

He's a NXThead Roll Eyes

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 04:05:54 AM

Not a day before.

Period.

-B-
Point, set, match! Bitcoin ain't going nowhere. Too many people are focused on the short term price and let the trolls scare them to death. Gotta have a strong stomach lining if ya want to reap the rewards down the line.
montreal

Activity: 328
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 04:09:17 AM

has speculation always had many of these types of threads (2011-2012)? or did they not become common until 2013

DAEX ◄► RELIABLE CLEARING ECOSYSTEM ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ANNWHITEPAPERBOUNTY 
podyx
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 04:36:09 AM

CEG5952

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 05:12:36 AM

Just wait for New Money Monday! Tongue

It's just a down trend. Strong 4-5 year bull market. Where we are is not unreasonable. Honestly, I could see us at sub-$50 a year or two from now, and would not be surprised with a long term bullish resolution (new ATHs) in time. Mean reversion is a bitch. Wink

cryptocult live

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 05:15:40 AM

i buy bitcoin to trade alts, not for holding it anymore though.
I hope we can get soon another basecurrency because this one sucks.
chopstick
Legendary

Activity: 992
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 05:29:41 AM

Wow look at that someone who has been trolling bitcointalk for like 3 years, has 800+ activity and doesn't even believe in bitcoin anymore.

Why are you here again? Go troll elsewhere

No one has patience anymore it seems, not everything has to happen at once.
poncho32

Activity: 316
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 06:01:03 AM

The OP could have said everything in the latest tulips thread. It would have saved opening a new thread to say the same things.
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 06:05:40 AM

all aboard the PPC train!   choo choo!
dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 06:09:11 AM

Not a day before.

Period.

-B-

I agree with that.  I don't see how one can declare a 50-year-like experiment as done and over after not even a decade.

Marbit

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 06:10:25 AM

I don't think the current price has anything to with its success. That doesn't mean I stay long in a down trend. Wink
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: